01-14-13 07:27 AM
712 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I second the request from Juggalo20 for the battery temperature .....

Also, I would like to see a timed display input window:

Basically same as current Input macro (supporting a variable and text) but it times out after a configurable delay.

Perhaps something like: Input $Var, Enter password, 20;

If the entry is NOT made in 20 seconds, the SCM macro would continue.

This would be VERY helpful.

Thank you for your consideration.
    10-22-11 09:24 AM
    Now that you have implemented LaunchAndWait and WaitTil, why not combine them to do the equivalent of the following (and optionally add a maximum time to wait):

Launch APPNAME;
    WaitTil IsAppForeground APPNAME;

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-11 11:24 AM
    Just to make sure that everyone else has access to the new macros you are using and posting for others, I released a new version for all BB models:

5.9.3.0 is released for all BB models running BB OS 7
    5.6.3.0 is also released for all other BB models running BB OS 4.3+, 5.x, and 6.x

New in 5.9.3.0 comparing to 5.9.2.0 (5.6.3.0 comparing to 5.6.3.0)

* Macro engine can now run ‘==’ and ‘!=’ on Strings

* Followings macros are added to the app:
    WaitTil
    WaitTilDelay
    LaunchAndWait
    GetBatteryLevel
    NavMovePlusShiftOn
    NavMovePlusAltOn
    NavMovePlusNothing

* Show and Input macros now comes to foreground without showing ShortcutMe’s main page

* Input macro accepts text (Input $Var1 ,Please enter your year of birth; )

* The bug "!= for integers" is removed

* ShortcutMe comes to foreground when an error is detected
    10-22-11 12:25 PM
    It just keeps getting better and better!

Now for a new request… Would it be possible to add a macro that defines a boolean indicating whether a Browser page has completed loading? (e.g., WaitTil BrowserPageLoaded

Good idea.
    Let me check and see how SCM can detect that the browser is done downloading the page.
    Hopefully there is a way to do it.
    10-22-11 12:27 PM
    Nice all's working good for me thus far. Since you've added a battery level, mind adding a temperature one? That'd eliminate an entire macro navagating the engineering screen to the Battery Monitor for me. Even sexier if you can get the TTE/TTF (time till empty (dead), time till full (charged)) I wouldn't be surprised if there's no way though

Adding GetBatteryTemp macro is easy. I will add it.

I think TTE and TTF require the app to monitor the battery usage over a period of time.
    I will check this out.
    10-22-11 12:29 PM
    I second the request from Juggalo20 for the battery temperature .....

Also, I would like to see a timed display input window:

Basically same as current Input macro (supporting a variable and text) but it times out after a configurable delay.

Perhaps something like: Input $Var, Enter password, 20;

If the entry is NOT made in 20 seconds, the SCM macro would continue.

This would be VERY helpful.

Thank you for your consideration.
    I will add GetBatteryTemp macro.

Good idea to have a timeout for a screen. It could be Input macro or maybe even a new macro called something else. Let me first check how this can be done.
    10-22-11 12:34 PM
    Now that you have implemented LaunchAndWait and WaitTil, why not combine them to do the equivalent of the following (and optionally add a maximum time to wait):

Launch APPNAME;
    WaitTil IsAppForeground APPNAME;

Thanks!

LaunchAndWait does exactly that: It launches an app and it waits (20 times the WaitTilDelay mSeconds) for the app to launch.
    10-22-11 12:36 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.3.1 is on the beta link.

Following macros are added comparing to 5.9.2.6 beta ( = 5.9.3.0 Release version):

- GetProfileVolume (returns the volume (0-100) that is set based on the selected BB Profile)

- IsProfileOnVibOnly (Returns TRUE if the Device Profile is set to VibrateOnly)

- GetBatteryTemp (Returns battery temperature in Celsius)
    TomCanuck and anon(4113192) like this.
    10-22-11 04:21 PM
    TimedInput macro could work for the input macro with timeout if creating a different one. Can be made dependent to the current waitdelay macro or can carry its value in the arguments.
    Timedinput $var,text,2000;

Another suggestion, isn't it better to make a getactiveprofile macro that returns the name of the profile instead of using isprofileonvibonly? If there is an api for that, as in returning the name, which could also work for custom profiles.
    I mean, isprofileonvibonly can only be used for the vibrate profile and automation surrounding it.

Last edited by gbsn; 10-22-11 at 06:41 PM.
    10-22-11 06:33 PM
    Good idea.
    Let me check and see how SCM can detect that the browser is done downloading the page.
    Hopefully there is a way to do it.
    this would be glorious, page load times vary so much wifi vs 3g, using a rather long delay at the moment :/ not so much fun

ShortcutMe 5.9.3.1 is on the beta link.

Following macros are added comparing to 5.9.2.6 beta ( = 5.9.3.0 Release version):

- GetProfileVolume (returns the volume (0-100) that is set based on the selected BB Profile)

- IsProfileOnVibOnly (Returns TRUE if the Device Profile is set to VibrateOnly)

- GetBatteryTemp (Returns battery temperature in Celsius)
    thanks for adding GetBatteryTemp

this is pure glorious-ness! working great on my end absolutely love the GetProfileVolume and IsProfileOnVibOnly. This is going to make my MOI setup so much better
    10-22-11 06:37 PM
    Another suggestion, isn't it better to make a getactiveprofile macro that returns the name of the profile instead of using isprofileonvibonly? If there is an api for that, as in returning the name, which could also work for custom profiles.

I mean, isprofileonvibonly can only be used for the vibrate profile and automation surrounding it.

I second this...we need some more macros surrounding profile automation such as GetActiveProfile, SetProfile and if possible be able to get/set parameters within profiles!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-23-11 05:33 AM
    TimedInput macro could work for the input macro with timeout if creating a different one. Can be made dependent to the current waitdelay macro or can carry its value in the arguments.
    Timedinput $var,text,2000;

I don't think that there is an API for getting the active profile name.
    But it looks like that it is a work around to get the index of the active profile. I haven't checked that out yet. But I will.

Currently, if the GetProfileVolume and IsProfileOnVibOnly macros are combined, they can give more clue than just knowing if the Profile is in Vibrate Only mode or not.
    10-23-11 07:55 AM
    Is it possible to add MEID, IMEI, and device uptime in "Device Info Plus" so that it would show how long the device has been powered on for? While Alt-Shift-H provides these items, it would be nice to have them readily avail with "Device Info Plus". Besides, uptime is reported in seconds with Alt-Shift-H. A more readable days, hours, mins would be easier to digest.
    10-23-11 11:22 AM
    I don't think that there is an API for getting the active profile name.
    But it looks like that it is a work around to get the index of the active profile. I haven't checked that out yet. But I will.

Currently, if the GetProfileVolume and IsProfileOnVibOnly macros are combined, they can give more clue than just knowing if the Profile is in Vibrate Only mode or not.
    example (not a complete macro) settings will vary person to person.

if0 GetProfileVolume == 100 && !IsProfileOnVibOnly;
    Then0;
    set $profile=loud;
    set $number.from.top.in.the.profiles.sector=3;
    ElseIf0 GetProfileVolume == 50 && !IsProfileVibOnly;
    Set $profile=normal;
    set $number.from.top.in.the.profiles.selector=2;
    ElseIf0 GetProfileVolume == 0 && !IsProfileVibOnly;
    Set $profile=silent;
    set $number.from.top.in.the.profiles.selector=5;
    Elseif0 IsProfileVibOnly;
    Set $profile=vibrate;
    set $number.from.top.in.the.profiles.selector=6;
    Else..... well you get the idea

it's not 100% as ideal as a GetActiveProfile, but hey, it's not bad at all. Just set up something like this then import it as needed.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-23-11 at 03:29 PM. Reason: swapped out some wrong-ish numbers
    10-23-11 03:14 PM
    Is there an API for "Kill Process"? Oh how I wish there is. It would make closing apps (especially ones like MSDict) so gloriously easy. Cheers.
    10-23-11 10:51 PM
    Is there an API for "Kill Process"? Oh how I wish there is. It would make closing apps (especially ones like MSDict) so gloriously easy. Cheers.
    I've asked a ton (4 I think lol) of devs (as an app request) and no. Which makes sense for security reasons. Though it does kinda suck..

10-23-11 10:55 PM
    Damn,that makes sense, unfortunantly.
    10-24-11 01:49 AM
    Correct, "Kill Process" doesn't exist.
    However, if you know how each app can get closed, you might be able to write a macro that opens each of the apps you want to close and then, close them one by one from their own menu.

It takes long time, but you can run the macro right before you want to leave the BB alone for few seconds!
    10-24-11 06:11 AM
    I'm going to guess the answer is "no" to this question. But... I gotta ask. In the engineering screen process list, would it be possible for ShortcutMe to read what the cursor is on? Like, if I put the cursor on... MediaKeyBooster(PID), is there any chance ShortcutMe can know it says "MediaKeyBooster(PID)"
    Following up on that, if the answer is yes, then would it be possible to... Do something (I have no idea how/what) so we could do string matching on it. We'd need a way to ignore or remove the (PID) since that'd always be different

*Edit* fixed some wording... I know it's not possible now, I meant would it be...

*another edit* wouldn't exactly need to remove or ignore (PID), if regex was added to string matching. But that's a whole other can of worms hahah no I'm not asking for regex. I can't think of enough use cases to make it worth the effort to add... Poor Vijik, one day you should just be like "Kay, sorry guys... Break time for me, you guys just don't quit brb in a week"

*more editing...*
    I do have to thank you again for LED control. I've slowly been working through adding led colours to older macros. Loving it ^_^ and helps for long-ish delays so I don't get distracted and forget something's already going on.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-24-11 at 06:54 AM.
    10-24-11 06:20 AM
    Second that, the led controls were an awesome surpise.
    10-24-11 01:07 PM
    Does the macros part of a shortcut have a character or line limit ? im getting field full...

Why am i always reaching every limit possible? ._.

I have a small suggestion, to handle the current dialog boxes choices using the three main navigational keys.
    For those with touchscreen and slider phones.

Basis,
    menukey = continuewithmacros now
    esckey = stopmacrosnow
    trackpad click = wherever cursor is by default.

So,

In Show macro:
    MenuKey = continue (continues with macros)
    EscKey = stop macros now
    Trackpad Click = continue (default cursor placement)

In Input macro:
    MenuKey = continue (continues with macros)
    EscKey = stop macros now
    Trackpad Click = continue (default cursor placement)

In Prompt macro:
    MenuKey = continue with macros now
    EscKey = stop macros now
    Trackpad Click = continue (default cursor placement and makes SCM continue on the next start).

In prompt macro all three conditions are satisfied, like in all other dialog box macros.
    Last edited by gbsn; 10-25-11 at 12:37 AM.
    10-24-11 11:14 PM
    I'm going to guess the answer is "no" to this question. But... I gotta ask. In the engineering screen process list, would it be possible for ShortcutMe to read what the cursor is on? Like, if I put the cursor on... MediaKeyBooster(PID), is there any chance ShortcutMe can know it says "MediaKeyBooster(PID)"
    Following up on that, if the answer is yes, then would it be possible to... Do something (I have no idea how/what) so we could do string matching on it. We'd need a way to ignore or remove the (PID) since that'd always be different

*Edit* fixed some wording... I know it's not possible now, I meant would it be...

*another edit* wouldn't exactly need to remove or ignore (PID), if regex was added to string matching. But that's a whole other can of worms hahah no I'm not asking for regex. I can't think of enough use cases to make it worth the effort to add... Poor Vijik, one day you should just be like "Kay, sorry guys... Break time for me, you guys just don't quit brb in a week"

*more editing...*
    I do have to thank you again for LED control. I've slowly been working through adding led colours to older macros. Loving it ^_^ and helps for long-ish delays so I don't get distracted and forget something's already going on.
    I wish I could say yes.
    I did work on this at least a day or two when I was adding NavMoveX and MenuFromX macros, but didn't find a way to read the menu item in another app/screen not belonging to SCM.
    10-25-11 05:29 AM
    Does the macros part of a shortcut have a character or line limit ? im getting field full...

Why am i always reaching every limit possible? ._.

Did you reach the 1500 characters limits for one macro shortcut?

Edit: Good suggestions. I will implement them.
    Last edited by Vijik; 10-25-11 at 05:33 AM.
    10-25-11 05:30 AM
    I wish I could say yes.
    I did work on this at least a day or two when I was adding NavMoveX and MenuFromX macros, but didn't find a way to read the menu item in another app/screen not belonging to SCM.
    That's fine. I'm not surprised. For security reasons I could see why this is blocked. Least now I know in case someone else asks down the line

ONE618 almost hit the limit also on his original World Clock macro lol. If you didn't edit it prior to pasting into SCM you'd hit the limit. Had to paste into MemoPad or something, edit the city names then move it to SCM lol.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-25-11 at 05:34 AM.
    10-25-11 05:31 AM
    Did you reach the 1500 characters limits for one macro shortcut?
    I guess I did :[
    Is that limit only in that text field or it also applies when reading things and throwing them into memory?
    Would importmacro solve this? It would not reach a limit in the macro editor text field but it would certainly go above in memory if I were to use it.

~I guess its for the text field only? Considering what juggalo said.
    ~Misunderstood what juggalo said hahaha, anyways, pasting macros from somewhere else still shows field full.
    ~Limit is only for the text field, SCM can read more than 1500 characters by using importmacro and fragmenting it into two or more shortcuts.

Last edited by gbsn; 10-25-11 at 03:41 PM.
    10-25-11 01:33 PM
712 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD