Thank you very much Juggalo. I thought there is a way to fix it since I saw Vijik mentioning it was no issue for him. Oh well. I guess I have to live with that then.

Another question though. Is there a way I can stop convenience key to launch SCM when the screen is locked? For me, if I press the convenience key when the screen is locked, when I unlock the screen, the SCM is already there...
    mm doesnt seem to do that for me on my 9900... I'll get back to you tomorrow on that (if i can reproduce it even) heh. I'll have to roll back my SCM version on my 9900, and also I'll dig out my 8330 so i can use OS 5.
    02-11-12 01:16 AM
    I'm actually on bb 9900 OS 7 now. Is it because of BES policy?
    02-11-12 01:23 AM
    I think I found it. It's because the "slide lock" if it is disabled, the lock is working properly. With "slide lock" activated though, that situation happens.
    02-11-12 01:28 AM
    I think I found it. It's because the "slide lock" if it is disabled, the lock is working properly. With "slide lock" activated though, that situation happens.
    Oh. here i thought you were talking the built in keyboard lock. Sounds like Slide Lock is some 3rd party locking app correct? If it doesn't lock your convenience key then there's nothing (realistically) SCM can do about that. Sounds like anything you assigned to your convenience key would launch, because Slide Lock doesn't lock the key. I'm sure Vijik could do it, but with the amount of 3rd party locking apps out there it'd be a never ending battle changing SCM to deal with each one that doesn't lock the convenience key. We'd never get new features :P
    02-11-12 01:36 AM
    Thanks again...

Yes "Slide Lock" is a 3rd party app. It actually integrates with built in lock when you press the lock button on the top of the phone or when you put the phone into holster. I use Slide Lock because it helps prevent phone being automatically unlocked when coming out of holster. Some people like it as your phone comes out ready. But not me. With the touch screen of 9900 and the convenience key, my phone keep coming out at unwanted app launched.

I understand what you are saying though. Thanks!
    02-11-12 02:06 AM
    Thanks again...

Yes "Slide Lock" is a 3rd party app. It actually integrates with built in lock when you press the lock button on the top of the phone or when you put the phone into holster. I use Slide Lock because it helps prevent phone being automatically unlocked when coming out of holster. Some people like it as your phone comes out ready. But not me. With the touch screen of 9900 and the convenience key, my phone keep coming out at unwanted app launched.

I understand what you are saying though. Thanks!
    Oh for sure, I understand why you use it. I used to use one also. But since it's the locking app that's failing here, not SCM ... Not sure what to tell you. There's 6355525 other locking apps, but I've yet to find one that worked exactly how I wanted good luck

Honestly I'd contact the locking app's devs and see if they'll lock the convenience key. It seems silly not to. I mean, people USE that key for stuff after all. It ought to be locked if they keyboard/screen are locked. Doesn't make sense to me hah.
    02-11-12 02:14 AM
    question?

Is it possible to change the directory where screenshots are saved, when I use the shortcut me built in screenshot function.

Cheers.

Intravenously expelled from my BlackBerry 9900 using mindcontrol.
    02-11-12 07:46 AM
    question?

Is it possible to change the directory where screenshots are saved, when I use the shortcut me built in screenshot function.

Cheers.

ScreeenShort_SCM function in SCM accepts up to 4 parameters. The last parameter allow you to switch the storing directory from root of the SD card to
    "SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures/"

Example:
    App. Name: Screenshot_SCM
    Parameter: 100, 0, 3000, 1

- 100 means %100 image quality
    - 0 means take screenshot of other screens than SCM (1 means take screenshot of SCM itself)
    - 3000 means wait 3 seconds before taking the screenshot.
    - 1 means store the screenshot (with times tamp in the file name) in the "SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures/"
    deejayburnout likes this.
    02-11-12 09:23 AM
    using IsBTOn while Bluetooth is off will always prompt you. This is on RIM to fix, it's nothing to do with ShortcutMe. That's just the way the API behaves :< only RIM can change it.

*EDIT*
    I have macros that "ignore" the prompt if you want them, as in, bluetooth WILL turn on or off, no matter what you choose in the prompt. but you will still be prompted, and you will still have to select something (your choice does not effect the outcome)
    Thank you for the info.

This issue with the IsBtOn comes up very often. Do you have a link to the post you had about this and where you also posted your macro (ignoring BT prompt caused by the BB OS)?
    02-11-12 09:30 AM
    ScreeenShort_SCM function in SCM accepts up to 4 parameters. The last parameter allow you to switch the storing directory from root of the SD card to
    "SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures/"

Example:
    App. Name: Screenshot_SCM
    Parameter: 100, 0, 3000, 1

- 100 means %100 image quality
    - 0 means take screenshot of other screens than SCM (1 means take screenshot of SCM itself)
    - 3000 means wait 3 seconds before taking the screenshot.
    - 1 means store the screenshot (with times tamp in the file name) in the "SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures/"
    Ok tried this but it still in the wrong folder. I am a little confused with the last command

1 means store the screenshot (with times tamp in the file name) in the SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures

EDIT . ok i know what it means now, however, the screenshot is saved in my SDcard and not in SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures where i want it.
    Last edited by deejayburnout; 02-11-12 at 03:58 PM.
    02-11-12 03:49 PM
    Ok tried this but it still in the wrong folder. I am a little confused with the last command

1 means store the screenshot (with times tamp in the file name) in the SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures

EDIT . ok i know what it means now, however, the screenshot is saved in my SDcard and not in SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures where i want it.
    what exact parameters are you entering?
    For myself I'm using

100;0;400;1

which translates into
    Quality: 100
    Do not capture SCM screen
    Delay: 400ms
    store screenshots in /Media Card/BlackBerry/pictures/

this has always worked as expected for me. If it's not working for you, what version of SCM are you running and on what device/os. I have numerous SCM versions for my 9900 and quite a few os 7.0 and 7.1's kicking around. there's a good chance i can at least match your SCM version if needed for testing.
    deejayburnout likes this.
    02-11-12 06:57 PM
    sec, editing... i botched this post
    02-11-12 07:01 PM
    Thank you for the info.

This issue with the IsBtOn comes up very often. Do you have a link to the post you had about this and where you also posted your macro (ignoring BT prompt caused by the BB OS)?
    Not that I can find easily, I've posted these numerous times. But now that OS 7.1 has added mobile hotspot to some devices, it's no longer a cut and dry macro. So, I'll repost them, but with important changes the user might have to make..

these were written using 9900/7.1.x with mobile hotspot, if your device does NOT have mobile hotspot you must change the red bolded text to suit your os/device

first, let's create a shortcut that will toggle your bluetooth on and off, I know there's a function built into SCM, but just humour me

This first macro will toggle bluetooth on/off. That's it. If you screw with the shortcut keys for this, you MUST change the "BTT" in the other macros accordingly or you will break it. Remember to change the BOLD RED text. To find out if/what you need to change it to, open your Connection Manager (where you turn on/off wifi, bluetooth, etc). Now count where bluetooth is. On OS 7.1 with hotspot enabled it's the 4th checkbox, so we use 3 in the macro. If you don't have Mobile Hotspot then bluetooth should be the 3rd checkbox, so we would use 2 in the macro. Worst case scenario if you put the wrong number it it will turn on/off something besides bluetooth and you'll have to fix it. This is important and needed by the other macros, so take the 3 seconds to make sure it's correct

App Name: Macro
    Shortcut Keys: BTT
    Macros:
    SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
    NavMoveDown3;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    LedOff;

This next one will make 100% bluetooth gets turned on. It checks if bluetooth is already on, if bluetooth is turned off you will be prompted. Your response to the prompt means nothing. Even if you choose "No" bluetooth will still be turned on. You can freely change with the shortcut keys for this.

Shortcut Keys: BON
    Macros:
    If0 IsBtOn;
    Then0;
    Delay1;
    Else0;
    ImportMacro BTT;
    EndIf0;

This last one, while it looks like the other has a key difference. This one will 100% turn bluetooth off, you will still receive the prompt if bluetooth was already off, but your answer means nothing. Even if you choose to turn bluetooth on, the macro will turn it off. Change the shortcut keys as you wish.

Shortcut Keys: BOF
    Macros:
    If0 !IsBtOn;
    Then0;
    Delay1;
    Else0;
    ImportMacro BTT;
    EndIf0;
    Vijik likes this.
    02-11-12 07:17 PM

Parameters = 100;;1000;1 Does NOT place the file in the SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures/ directory.

Parameters = 100;0;1000;1 DOES place the file in the SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures/ directory.

BB Bold 9700 OS 6.0.0.526 SCM 5.6.5.6
    TomCanuck and deejayburnout like this.
    02-11-12 07:27 PM
    what exact parameters are you entering?
    For myself I'm using

100;0;400;1

which translates into
    Quality: 100
    Do not capture SCM screen
    Delay: 400ms
    store screenshots in /Media Card/BlackBerry/pictures/

this has always worked as expected for me. If it's not working for you, what version of SCM are you running and on what device/os. I have numerous SCM versions for my 9900 and quite a few os 7.0 and 7.1's kicking around. there's a good chance i can at least match your SCM version if needed for testing.
    Thanks for your help

i have my parameters set the same as yours and its still saving in sdcard.

My 9900 is running 7.1.0.190 and my SCM is 5.9.5.0

Parameters = 100;;1000;1 Does NOT place the file in the SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures/ directory.

Parameters = 100;0;1000;1 DOES place the file in the SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures/ directory.

BB Bold 9700 OS 6.0.0.526 SCM 5.6.5.6
    Mines is set as the second example and it still saves to the sdcard.

Thank you both for your help.
    02-11-12 09:02 PM
    Thanks for your help

i have my parameters set the same as yours and its still saving in sdcard.

My 9900 is running 7.1.0.190 and my SCM is 5.9.5.0

Mines is set as the second example and it still saves to the sdcard.

Thank you both for your help.
    Bloody . I have 51 versions of SCM, but only 1 from 5.9.5.x and that's 5.9.5.6
    However you're out of date. 5.9.5.1 is the current offical version I think. Give updating a shot, and I'll switch versions so at least we're both using the same version.
    02-11-12 09:22 PM
    Just checked my update for my device and i have the latest avaliable.

02-13-12 03:15 AM
    Just checked my update for my device and i have the latest avaliable.

all i can think of .... is removing the shortcut completely, and creating a new one. and double checking that the /SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures/ folder exists :s I've at one time or another used almost every official version (and a ton of beta ones, did i mention i have over 50 versions backed up? lol) of SCM and have never had my screenshot not save to the pictures folder when instructed to (that I've noticed). :s
    02-13-12 08:43 AM
    all i can think of .... is removing the shortcut completely, and creating a new one. and double checking that the /SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures/ folder exists :s I've at one time or another used almost every official version (and a ton of beta ones, did i mention i have over 50 versions backed up? lol) of SCM and have never had my screenshot not save to the pictures folder when instructed to (that I've noticed). :s

Victory

Managed to get it working now. Done as you instructed and re made the shortcut.

Works a charm now

Cheers for the help.

TomCanuck likes this.
    02-15-12 01:18 AM
    I may be buried in the 45 pages but ....

I just got the 9930. I would like to be able to launch shortcutme quicky using the SPACEBAR as that seems to be mentioned in the common-config.

But the help is obscure, at least for me.

Any help would be appreciated. (I use to have the left convenience assigned to it on my 9650 but with only one convenience key...)

Thanks.
    02-29-12 09:41 PM
    I may be buried in the 45 pages but ....

I just got the 9930. I would like to be able to launch shortcutme quicky using the SPACEBAR as that seems to be mentioned in the common-config.

But the help is obscure, at least for me.

Any help would be appreciated. (I use to have the left convenience assigned to it on my 9650 but with only one convenience key...)

Thanks.
    You have to to switch the Launch By Typing option for the Home Screen in order to use any hotkeys.

From the Home Screen, press Menu, Options, change the "Launch By Typing" drop down to "Application Shortcuts"
    FF22 likes this.
    02-29-12 09:45 PM
    You have to to switch the Launch By Typing option for the Home Screen in order to use any hotkeys.

From the Home Screen, press Menu, Options, change the "Launch By Typing" drop down to "Application Shortcuts"
    Aha, I had looked over the various options in the WRENCH but did not realize the HOME page had some. I see you give up "direct access" to Universal Search (which I just got with this device)
    02-29-12 11:27 PM
    Aha, I had looked over the various options in the WRENCH but did not realize the HOME page had some. I see you give up "direct access" to Universal Search (which I just got with this device)
    Yes, but I am an enormous fan of hotkeys. The default hotkeys are as follows:
    a = address book
    b = browser
    c = compose email
    d = memo pad
    h = help
    k = password lock
    l = calendar
    m = messages
    n = BlackBerry messenger
    o = options
    p = phone
    s = universal search
    t = tasks
    u = calculator
    v = saved messages
    x = windows live messenger
    y = yahoo messenger

However, Fonware has an app called MyOwnHotkeys that allows you to re-assign almost every single key (a-z and space) to whatever you want. It also supports multi clic (4 apps per key) fully configurable (turn off multi click and just assign 1 thing per key, or disable altogether)

The application shortcuts do take a little getting used to, but hitting "s" for universal search is second nature to me now.
    02-29-12 11:35 PM
    Now i need some assistance

I am trying to make a shortcut to enable the Silencer app in Fixmo Tools.

i have made the macro as follows,

Navclick
    Navclick
    Menu Key
    Menu item from bottom1
    Nav Click.

it works until menu key and it doesn't seem to work.

i did try and inject a delay after the nav click and before the menu key but it didn't work.

am i missing something?
    03-01-12 02:17 AM
    Now i need some assistance

I am trying to make a shortcut to enable the Silencer app in Fixmo Tools.

i have made the macro as follows,

Navclick
    Navclick
    Menu Key
    Menu item from bottom1
    Nav Click.

it works until menu key and it doesn't seem to work.

i did try and inject a delay after the nav click and before the menu key but it didn't work.

am i missing something?
    You need semicolons after each command (I added them in red/bold). I'm not at all sure if this matters, but I would suggest keeping MenuItemFromBottom1 all one word (changed in blue/bold)

Navclick;
    Navclick;
    Menu Key;
    Menuitemfrombottom1;
    Nav Click.;
    03-01-12 02:23 AM
712 ... 2526272829
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD