Yes, it does take me to sms messages but then I have to press back key 2 times to get back to the home screen. Is that normal?
    Yes, it takes two steps to get to SMS messages (Messages -> SMS) so it takes two steps to get out.
    eddietta likes this.
    11-29-11 11:33 AM
    Oh how I wish BlackBerry would allow developers to launch Text Messages directly. Till then, here are some options I've exhausted trying to find a solution.

(1)
    SCM Macro
    Launch Messages;
    AltPlusKeys;

(2)
    Set convenience key to Text Messages
    Use MediaKeyBooster to launch SCM, if you prefer a side button for launching

(3)
    Use CrunchSMS instead...

(4)
    Have text messages display in BBM

(5)
    Have text messages display in the Messages app
    Use a Nav-Click macro to launch email icons, if you prefer email and texts separated

(x)
    Don't use a ConvRKey; macro launched from MOI to open Text Messages
    Don't use a Nav-Click macro to open the Text Messages icon

(Note)
    To my knowledge, the only way to open the Text Messages app bug free is from manually clicking the icon or through the convenience key.

If I find a solution, the word will be spread.
    11-30-11 01:14 AM
    I'm having a small problem with Show command......

App. Name Macro

Show Testing;
    Set $MyString=Now;

When run from the SCM Macro creating environment, (using "Test-Run This Shortcut") and the "StopMacroNow" button is selected, Show window will not display again when the macro is run a second time.

Saving the macro and then running it from SCM ..... after a couple of times, it will work properly. But it is consistent that it will not work properly in the create macro environment. (using "Test-Run This Shortcut")

SCM=5.6.5.6 BB=9700 Bold OS=6.0.0.526

Can anyone else confirm this problem ? Thanks in advance.
    12-01-11 08:04 AM
    Doesn't that happen with all ui macros that have that button and are run from the test shortcut button?
    12-01-11 01:40 PM
    Doesn't that happen with all ui macros that have that button and are run from the test shortcut button?
    After doing some more testing .... It appears you are correct.

Which begs the question: Should it really be that way?

I would think that newcomers and seasoned Macro Writers would use the Show and/or Input widows to keep from creating an endless While loop during testing. That is precisely what I was doing ..... Normally, I don't make mistakes (if you buy that I'll sell ya a bridge ) but today I needed to stop a SCM macro and selected that button.

Then I got quite frustrated that the window would no longer pop up and wasted time finding out why? (thought it was me, or the code I had written ... as it was a fairly complex macro.) Spent a good amount of time resolving it down to the basic Show command.

Point being, is it something worthy of asking Vijik to take a look at?

Thanks for your help ... You were, as always, "Right On".
    12-01-11 05:48 PM
    Should it really be that way?
    Probably not, it should work fine, though it may have something to do with SCM's instance already running and the test applying the stop macro to that sole instance and disabling further macros, since they only start working again after you close and reopen SCM. My guess, its more about the approach used to run and stop the macros rather than the macro itself. If the test were a separate instance, i dont think that would happen.

Point being, is it something worthy of asking Vijik to take a look at?
    I would say so, because if you are going to test shortcuts that contain UI macros, you will have to launch it as a regular shortcut, because if you stop the macros, you will have to reopen SCM to retest.
    Last edited by gbsn; 12-01-11 at 08:49 PM.
    B4me likes this.
    12-01-11 08:44 PM
    @B4me,
    gbsn is fully right.

For your info:
    "Test-Run This Shortcut" was added to make it easier to find out if a shortcut can launch an app or not and to easily select an Alternative Launching method without exiting the setup page.(saving users from exiting the setup page, launching the shortcut, find and open the shortcut again for edit).

With addition of the macros, the fact that Java UI is not thread-safe (like macro engine it self) depending on what you have in the macros, Test-Run might get in trouble to fully run the macro shortcut.
    12-06-11 06:04 AM
    Whenever I use the app. 'clock' I get a problem because when running the shortcut I constantly get the message to adjust the application permissions.

But they are set the right way ('allow'). For if I click common config and i click on set appl. permissions nothing happens for they work properly.

What is wrong?

I have a bold 9000 with os 4.6 and scm-version 5.6.2.0
    12-07-11 06:19 AM
    Whenever I use the app. 'clock' I get a problem because when running the shortcut I constantly get the message to adjust the application permissions.

But they are set the right way ('allow'). For if I click common config and i click on set appl. permissions nothing happens for they work properly.

What is wrong?

I have a bold 9000 with os 4.6 and scm-version 5.6.2.0
    You've actually checked the permissions yourself?
    12-07-11 06:57 AM
    @ruudb,
    Some times IT policies and BB OS don't allow permissions settings (done by an app) to be applied.
    In your case it looks like that one or more permissions are set to 'Prompt'

You can set them by yourself. To make sure that permissions are applied do the followings:

- Go to Options>Applications (Or Application Management, or Advance Application all depending of BB OS)

- Find and highlight ShortcutMe, hit BB/Menu key and select 'Edit Permissions'.

- Set all permissions to 'Deny' first then save it and then, WITHOUT rebooting, set all permissions to 'Allow' again, then save it.

- Do a battery-pull restart/reboot.
    12-07-11 07:08 AM
    In order to launch ShortCutMe from the home screen w/ the spacebar key, I had to disable "universal search."

My Question: can I set a "universal search" shortcut by hitting the space bar twice?

Currently, I can only get a shortcut to work by programming spacebar + an alpha-key. I would like universal search to be quick and easy [spacebar + spacebar].

Thanks for the help
    12-07-11 09:41 AM
    Vijik,

Well .............. I did exactly what you wrote; but after the batterypull the bb went a bit crazy.

The permissions of many apps were changed to deny so after the startup many things went wrong; I had to chance them manually many of them.

Now that's not the wordt. But now still i have the same problem when using the 'clock' app in a shortcut.
    12-07-11 01:54 PM
    In order to launch ShortCutMe from the home screen w/ the spacebar key, I had to disable "universal search."

My Question: can I set a "universal search" shortcut by hitting the space bar twice?

Currently, I can only get a shortcut to work by programming spacebar + an alpha-key. I would like universal search to be quick and easy [spacebar + spacebar].

Thanks for the help
    Multiclick view > 2xS > set it to universal search
    andmcdon likes this.
    12-07-11 01:58 PM
    Vijik,

Well .............. I did exactly what you wrote; but after the batterypull the bb went a bit crazy.

The permissions of many apps were changed to deny so after the startup many things went wrong; I had to chance them manually many of them.

Now that's not the wordt. But now still i have the same problem when using the 'clock' app in a shortcut.
    ... you changed the permissions of ALL your apps? .... i dont understand.... why?
    Do what he said, but only for shortcutme lol
    12-07-11 02:48 PM
    I only changed the permissions of shortcutme; yet the permissions of all the apps had changed; dont know why; but whatever
    12-07-11 03:37 PM
    I only changed the permissions of shortcutme; yet the permissions of all the apps had changed; dont know why; but whatever
    If you choose "Edit Default Permission" from the menu, then you get the permission changed for all apps on your BB.
    12-09-11 05:36 AM
    I am working on adding a new feature where ShortcutMe can read new functions (macro based) from the memory/uSD card.
    The difference between this and the existing one (ImportMacro) is that this one will show the loaded macro as a function in Shortcut Setting page (MainApp=LeavingHomeMacro) and what you set as Parameter for your shortcut in Shortcut Setting page will be used by the macro that is written for that function.

Custom Macro Functions can be copied from other users or from a web page.

To make sure that macros created by others is compatible, I want to enforce that a macro file has some parameters showing what OS it is written for and on what OS it is tested.

Any suggestion and thought about this is welcomed.
    12-09-11 06:03 AM
    I am working on adding a new feature where ShortcutMe can read new functions (macro based) from the memory/uSD card.
    The difference between this and the existing one (ImportMacro) is that this one will show the loaded macro as a function in Shortcut Setting page (MainApp=LeavingHomeMacro) and what you set as Parameter for your shortcut in Shortcut Setting page will be used by the macro that is written for that function.

Custom Macro Functions can be copied from other users or from a web page.

To make sure that macros created by others is compatible, I want to enforce that a macro file has some parameters showing what OS it is written for and on what OS it is tested.

Any suggestion and thought about this is welcomed.
    This sounds fantastic... Srsly. May wanna add SCM version along with the OS though.
    12-11-11 03:11 AM
    Got my 9900 today. I'll be around full force again tomorrow. Need a day to get everything re-setup and to be honest... do nothing else but enjoy not using an 8330 anymore. haha

If I promised anyone I'd help them once I got a 9900 again, I'm sorry but I've forgotten who you are and what your problem was. So hit me up and I'll see what I can do.

Edit #1
    Hold off on that. On my way to return (or hopefully exchange) it right now.

Edit #2
    nevermind, back on an 8330 for another week or so. Thanks RIM for your astonishing build quality -_-
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 12-13-11 at 01:45 PM.
    12-13-11 10:23 AM

Juggalo20, What was wrong with your white 9900?

Email me your BB PIN when you get your new 9900 (hopefully this time it is a working one)
    12-13-11 07:18 PM

Juggalo20, What was wrong with your white 9900?

Email me your BB PIN when you get your new 9900 (hopefully this time it is a working one)
    The space key clicked horribly and felt really loose
    12-13-11 07:33 PM
    sry, I have just got this app. I can't create a shortcut or macro to launch some native apps like BBM, Files, App world... Any help? (I'm using 9900 with ShortcutMe v5.9.5.1)
    Tkz!
    12-15-11 06:27 AM
    sry, I have just got this app. I can't create a shortcut or macro to launch some native apps like BBM, Files, App world... Any help? (I'm using 9900 with ShortcutMe v5.9.5.1)
    Tkz!
    For BlackBerry App World use the alternative launch #
    There's a drop down menu in the shortcut creation/editing screen.

For BBM use there's a few different "BlackBerry Messenger" options in the App list. One of them works, the rest don't. Sorry but I cannot recall which one works, I don't have BBM on my phone to test. If none work for you, use the alternative launch _BG

Files cannot be directly launched. There's a macro written for it though. I will find it and edit this post with it once I'm home from work
    tarmpung likes this.
    12-15-11 06:31 AM
    For BBM
    AppName: BlackBerry Messenger_BG
    Alternative Launching: None

For App World
    AppName: BlackBerry App World
    Alternative Launching: #

For Files
    AppName: Macro
    Macros: /* add macros found in the link below*/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post6790262