ShortcutMe 5.9.5.6 is on beta link (for 9900, 9930, 9981, 9810, 9850, 9860).

New:
    Added ShowWeb macro.

Example:
    ShowWeb http://shortcutme.com;

Set $var1 =http://google.com;
    ShowWeb $var1;

After the web page is opened Escape key will close it and if you click on links in the web page, hitting B will return to the main page (the original link for ShowWeb macro).
    anon(4113192) likes this.
    11-22-11 12:25 PM

New:
    Added ShowWeb macro.

Example:

ShowWeb $var1;

After the web page is opened Escape key will close it and if you click on links in the web page, hitting B will return to the main page (the original link for ShowWeb macro).
    sounds awesome, but i wont be able to test for roughly 6 weeks or so. I sent my 9900 back because of the constant white screen of death jvm errors.... i'm rocking a 8330 for the foreseeable future...
    11-22-11 12:58 PM

New:
    Added ShowWeb macro.

Example:

ShowWeb $var1;

WOW, okay, I'm going to have some fun with this.
    11-22-11 04:16 PM
    Vijik:

You have given us all kinds of power to acquire and display information with SCM. For that I am truly greatfull ..... but now I would like to 'see' the info displayed. (just kidding)

When displaying things like temperature, db level, voltage etc ..... the info can't be viewed very far away ..... (like when the phone is in a cradle)

What is the feasibility of adding Font Size option to the display windows .... ie: Show Input etc. ?

Perhaps command line option of S M L ... for Small Medium Large respectively

Enjoy your superb improvements in SCM. Thank you for this consideration.
    Last edited by B4me; 11-25-11 at 08:48 PM.
    11-22-11 04:17 PM
    Is it enough to have a menu option for Input, Inputs, and show that allows you to copy the highlighted text to clipboard?
    It's more for the MsgBox to function like a post-it-note, similar to the Device Info macro, but the text could be edited and saved.

Currently I'm using this for the beginning of a reminder mini-app

RestoreGlobals DIR;
    GetGlobal %var;
    Set $var=$$Result;
    Input $var,Note

$var;
    SetGlobal %var=$var;
    StoreGlobals DIR;

*There is more to the macro, but the rest is for an alarm
    *I could split it into a Show; then Input; but the UI would seem odd

The request doesn't add any functionality...
    11-22-11 04:28 PM
    Recently picked up a PlayBook and am trying to simplify the bridging between the PB and my BB... does the "BlackBerry Bridge" App in SCM work as a toggle? Tried creating a shortcut with App Name "BlackBerry Bridge", but selecting it does not seem to do anything. Running 5.9.5.6_OS7_T.
    11-24-11 12:09 AM
    Recently picked up a PlayBook and am trying to simplify the bridging between the PB and my BB... does the "BlackBerry Bridge" App in SCM work as a toggle? Tried creating a shortcut with App Name "BlackBerry Bridge", but selecting it does not seem to do anything. Running 5.9.5.6_OS7_T.
    Don't ask me why, but you need to leave out the space in BlackBerry Bridge.
    use

App Name: Macro
    Macros:
    Launch BlackBerryBridge;

Tested using 5.6.2.1 on 8330/5.0.0.438

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-24-11 at 12:38 AM.
    11-24-11 12:31 AM
    Don't ask me why, but you need to leave out the space in BlackBerry Bridge.
    use

Macros:
    Launch BlackBerryBridge;

Tested using 5.6.2.1 on 8330/5.0.0.438

Oh actually I was attempting to use the supplied "App Name" in SCM rather than code my own macro for BB Bridge. I suppose there's no harm in making my own, but did also want to know whether or not the supplied functioned properly or not.
    11-24-11 12:56 AM
    From This thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...as-all-659273/

You need ShortcutMe and NFCLauncher. You should buy these through the BB App World to ensure service. You will also need a Metal-backed Mifare NFC tag (not a classic one.)
    I have a metal-backed NFC tag on the back of my Playbook to automatically connect the two.

AppName:Macro
    Shortcut Keys: TBT
    Macros:
    LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
    NavMoveDown 2; (make sure this is correct number of needed movement before Bluetooth is selected in Manage Connections)
    NavClick;
    Delay 200;
    EscKey;

Macros:
    If0 IsBtOn;
    Then0 ;
    LaunchBlackberryBridge;
    Else0;
    ImportMacro TBT;
    LaunchBlackberryBridge;
    EndIf0;

If you do a quick, simple check to see if Bluetooth is on (IsBtOn) it eliminates all the guess work and brainpower to remember if BT is on or off.

Juggalo20:
    Don't know why but I have a "Blackberry Bridge" AND a "BlackberryBridge" listed in my available apps on my 9930. ????

Happy Thanksgiving all!
    11-24-11 12:56 AM
    Anyone here know how to update your license key when you get a new pin?
    I had bought all my Fonware apps from Mobihand and noow they don't update keys. I emailed fonware but no reply!!
    It sucks!! It already is lame on BB when it comes to apps and this does not help the situation.

Thanks for any insight into how to update fonware keys.

11-24-11 01:16 AM
    Hi Vijik,

1. The Reset function doesnt work for me.
    2. Some letters are missing in the drop down list of Most Used Shortcuts and SCM Functions in the Shortcut setting page. Maybe you should right justify it?

SCM 5.6.5.0, OS6.
    11-24-11 07:16 AM
    Not sure why there are two entries for BlackBerry Bridge, but the first one listed "BlackBerry Bridge" does not work at all for me. The second one, "BlackBerryBridge", does...

EDIT: @Juggalo20, looks like on OS7 launching BlackBerryBridge doesn't need a space as kauaigirl63 mentioned...

Since the "BlackBerryBridge" shortcut only launches the app, I decided to make it toggle instead. I was going to throw in the bluetooth check, but I rarely ever have bluetooth off and with it off you get a message from executing "IsBtOn" to turn on which I found to be annoying.

MenuItemFromTop1;
    Keyo;
    ESCKey;

This pretty much launches the bridge app, moves the selector to the top and presses the 'O' key. If it's on pressing 'O' turns it off and vice versa.

Happy Gobble Gobble all!
    Last edited by dimm0k; 11-24-11 at 12:31 PM.
    11-24-11 09:48 AM
    Is it possible to have an "event" trigger a macro to run? For example when a charger is pluged in macro xyz runs.

11-24-11 10:09 PM
    Is it possible to have an "event" trigger a macro to run? For example when a charger is pluged in macro xyz runs.

No, you cannot trigger off events. However for charging you can have macros that can check.. Stuff lol.

Off the top of my head I think it's "IsChargerConnected" and "IsCharging" and there's also "GetBatteryLevel"

11-24-11 10:12 PM
    Darn Thanks though. Is this something that could be possible to do in the future?

11-24-11 10:53 PM
    Darn Thanks though. Is this something that could be possible to do in the future?

the idea has been tossed around as a separate app (something like how MediaKeyBooster, MyOwnIcons and NFCShortcuts). Basically my assumption is it'd have it's own stuff, then the added ability of launching SCM macros. That way it works out for people who just want the basic stuff triggered, and yet ties in nicely for those who want advanced stuff with SCM.

Again this is just my assumption. I have no real info lol, just wildly guessing ....

11-24-11 11:01 PM
    If I set scheduled launch to 200,15 it will run every 15 minutes. Can I put something in the start to not run if the macro is already running? I am working on a modified version from earlier in this thread that will show an orange led while charging and alert when done. The problem is you will need to start it after the phone is charging.

I commented out parts of the code out to keep alerts from happening if ran when not charging.

I will need to lookup who posted the original code to credit.
    Code:
    If0 IsConnectedToCharger;Then0;
    /*Ding 0;ShowStart charging !;*/
    While0 IsConnectedToCharger;Do0;
    If1 IsCharging;
    Then1;SetLedColorO;Ledon;Delay1000;
    Else1;SetLedColorG;LedBlink; Set $counter=0;
    While1 $counter<3;Do1;Ding 0;Delay1000;Inc
    $counter;EndWhile1;
    Led Off;Delay3000;ShowBattery is full ! Unplug the
    charger !;
    EndIf1;EndWhile0;
    Else0;/*Show You do not plug the charger !;
    Stop;*/EndIf0;
    Led Off;/*Ding 0;Ding 0;ShowBattery Not Full ! Reconnect the
    charger !;*/Stop;
    Does all of the code show up? When viewing the forum on my phone it does not

Last edited by Brandon_oma692; 11-24-11 at 11:15 PM.
    11-24-11 11:12 PM
    If I set scheduled launch to 200,15 it will run every 15 minutes. Can I put something in the start to not run if the macro is already running? I am working on a modified version from earlier in this thread that will show an orange led while charging and alert when done. The problem is you will need to start it after the phone is charging.

I commented out parts of the code out to keep alerts from happening if ran when not charging.

I will need to lookup who posted the original code to credit.
    Code:
    If0 IsConnectedToCharger;Then0;
    /*Ding 0;ShowStart charging !;*/
    While0 IsConnectedToCharger;Do0;
    If1 IsCharging;
    Then1;SetLedColorO;Ledon;Delay1000;
    Else1;SetLedColorG;LedBlink; Set $counter=0;
    While1 $counter<3;Do1;Ding 0;Delay1000;Inc
    $counter;EndWhile1;
    Led Off;Delay3000;ShowBattery is full ! Unplug the
    charger !;
    EndIf1;EndWhile0;
    Else0;/*Show You do not plug the charger !;
    Stop;*/EndIf0;
    Led Off;/*Ding 0;Ding 0;ShowBattery Not Full ! Reconnect the
    charger !;*/Stop;
    You can use global variables. Use something like

Umm

GetGlobal %macrorunning;
    If0 $$Result != 1;
    Then0;
    SetGlobal %macrorunning=1;
    Blah blah macro stuff here
    SetGlobal %macrorunning=0;
    End of macro when it stops

I'm 99% sure the version I'm using doesn't have global variables so I can't write/test for ya
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-24-11 at 11:19 PM.
    11-24-11 11:17 PM
    Gotcha that makes sense. Thanks a ton

11-24-11 11:20 PM
    I don't think I have global variables as that did not work. I have 5.9.5.1 do you know where I can lookup if I do?

11-24-11 11:29 PM
    I don't think I have global variables as that did not work. I have 5.9.5.1 do you know where I can lookup if I do?

Here's an info thread, I beg you do not post in it, cuz if people post it gets cluttered and less useful (less easy to look stuff up).

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-apps-f35/macros-shortcutme-637024/
    check the last page or two

11-24-11 11:32 PM

Not yet, but it will be.
    B4me likes this.
    11-25-11 08:08 AM
    I am working on a new version of ShortcutMe that let you define new ShortcutMe functions, redefine the default ones, load and use other people's ShortcutMe functions, etc.

It will take some time to have the beta ready (it requires major changes).

Regarding ShowWeb macro (shows a web page in a pop up screen):
    ShowWeb has a big footprint, if you don't find it useful I can remove it.

All other feature requests you guys posted lately are registered in the wish list. I will add them as soon as I can.
    dimm0k likes this.
    11-25-11 08:24 AM
    Not yet, but it will be.
    Re: Event Triggers .... YES YES .... THANK YOU.

Been wanting Event Triggers BAD .... but thought it was too big a thing to request ...

This is a great Christmas present! Thank you Vijik .......
    Last edited by B4me; 11-25-11 at 08:02 PM.
    11-25-11 09:41 AM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.5.6 for 9700 and 8330 is now on the beta link.

All the new changes that were made in the 5.9.5.6 for the new OS 7 devices are now ported to this version for devices with keypad running OS 4.7 - OS 6.x
    11-27-11 11:51 AM
712 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD