Is Video Light in Video Recorder > Options set to Always On?
    No sir. I suppose it could be my ancient OS version though. I had to roll back so my carrier would accept my phone when I return it tomorrow. Right now I'm using 5.9.5.0_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.261

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-11 10:05 PM
    No sir. I suppose it could be my ancient OS version though. I had to roll back so my carrier would accept my phone when I return it tomorrow. Right now I'm using 5.9.5.0_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.261

If you see this on an older OS, then it is probably a timing issue.

Please upgrade to 5.9.5.3 on the beta link and see if it works or not.
    Last edited by Vijik; 11-19-11 at 10:23 PM.
    11-19-11 10:11 PM
    If you see this on an older OS, then it is probably a timing issue.

Please upgrade to 5.9.5.3 on the beta link and see if it works or not.
    Sorry for delay, my carrier's network dropped date... Couldn't tether laptop to report back.

Anyways, I found my problem. And why I was getting 50ish% success. It's actually toggling the flash on and off. So, if video light is ste to off when I run Flashlight_Flash, everything is good because it gets toggled off. BUT that setting is saved, so the next time I run it the flash is toggled off.

This setting is not saved/shown in video recorder options. Which is why it took me a while to figure out. It's just how it works for some reason

Usin 5.9.5.3_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.261

update #1 no idea when the last version was that I tested flashlight_flash on. I know at one point it was perfect, but I use a different app because of speed so I have no idea when this could have broken
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-19-11 at 10:45 PM.
    11-19-11 10:40 PM
    What version of ShortcutMe are you running, and what OS version on what device?

you can apps that dont automatically appear in the app list via the Common Config. There's 10 slots there for you to add apps.

i'll take a look at the flashlight_flash and report back (hopefully with a fix)
    I'm running 5.6.5.0, 9780-OS6.

I tried to add the new app for the shortcut and followed the instruction but it didnt work unfortunately.

Regard the flashlight, the "Video Light" option in video recorder always on.
    11-20-11 02:41 AM
    I'm running 5.6.5.0, 9780-OS6.

I tried to add the new app for the shortcut and followed the instruction but it didnt work unfortunately.

Regard the flashlight, the "Video Light" option in video recorder always on.
    The fix for the flashlight would be to turn video light off in the options I think.

Sadly I don't have my old 9780 more to test, but you can try just writing a macro instead. Like...

App Name: Macro

Then for macros try

Launch appname

Update #1
    I just tested launching applications that don't appear in the drop down menu and it seems to work. Tested using Windows Live Messenger ^_^

If you really want to leave "video light" always on. Use

Then for macros.

Launch Video Recorder;

If you want "video light" to have absolutely no bearing on your flashlight. I suggest the app e-office flashlight. It's about 1 second faster than SCM, and doesn't have video recorder controls, so you can't accidentially record a a video. And it's free. Can't post a link right now, App World is stuck on "Please wait" for My World.... I'll post it in a bit when App World decides to work again

Update #2
    Check out e-office flashlight (uses camera LED).
    ------------------------
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/34384
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-20-11 at 03:07 AM.
    11-20-11 02:49 AM
    The fix for the flashlight would be to turn video light off in the options I think.

Sadly I don't have my old 9780 more to test, but you can try just writing a macro instead. Like...

Then for macros try

Launch appname

Update #1
    I just tested launching applications that don't appear in the drop down menu and it seems to work. Tested using Windows Live Messenger ^_^

If you really want to leave "video light" always on. Use

Then for macros.

Launch Video Recorder;

If you want "video light" to have absolutely no bearing on your flashlight. I suggest the app e-office flashlight. It's about 1 second faster than SCM, and doesn't have video recorder controls, so you can't accidentially record a a video. And it's free. Can't post a link right now, App World is stuck on "Please wait" for My World.... I'll post it in a bit when App World decides to work again
    Thanks for your help Juggalo, you know I just want to report the Flashlight problem to make this app more perfect. I have no problem at all when launching the Video Recorder for the light instead of the one in SCM functions.

The app NetworkTrafficControl is a bit stubborn I think, I've tried all ways you suggested to make it work but it didnt. I tried other apps, they all work fine but not this one. The thing is this app works fine with QuickLaunch and I dont think SCM is not able to do the same.

I attached the app if you can help Thank you!

EDIT: Wow, I like your light app very much! Thanks!
    Last edited by eddietta; 11-20-11 at 03:26 AM.
    11-20-11 03:19 AM
    Thanks for your help Juggalo, you know I just want to report the Flashlight problem to make this app more perfect. I have no problem at all when launching the Video Recorder for the light instead of the one in SCM functions.

The app NetworkTrafficControl is a bit stubborn I think, I've tried all ways you suggested to make it work but it didnt. I tried other apps, they all work fine but not this one. The thing is this app works fine with QuickLaunch and I dont think SCM is not able to do the same.

I attached the app if you can help Thank you!

EDIT: Wow, I like your light app very much! Thanks!
    I cannot for the life of me get NetworkTrafficControl to work. Vijik's gunna need to take a look I think.
    Here's everything I tried:
    Used GetForeground to get the app name, added that (NetworkTrafficControl) to common config. Tried creating a shortcut, tried all the alternative launches. Tried using it in a Launch macro, again with all the alternative launches. Also, looked at it's modules and tried all of the above with NetworkTrafficControl_BG
    Using 5.9.5.3_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.261

As for that flashlight app. I'm like 90% sure there's a way to stop the screen from showing up at all, so all you get is the view finder, no buttons at all. I know 100% it can be done with a touchscreen, but not as sure about other ways. I'll play with my 8330 when I get home and try to figure out if it's possible

Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-20-11 at 04:02 AM.
    11-20-11 03:45 AM
    FlashLight_Flash function in ShortcutMe 5.9.5.4 (on beta link) accepts an integer parameter:

If Parameter is set to a negative number (-1), SCM will not try to turn on Flash LED (Good for those who have set Video Light to Always on in Video Recorder app).

Otherwise an integer number in parameter decide how many mSec after Video Recorder is launched SCM should try to turn on Flash LED.

If the parameter is not an integer number or if it is left empty, the delay is 200 mSec
    11-20-11 09:07 AM
    Beta link still showing 5.9.5.3

11-20-11 09:10 AM
    quasi bug - empty || text || integer $var value in an if/while
    $var=;
    if $var==1; error

$var=0;
    if $var==; error
    if $var==text; error

$var==text;
    if $var==1; error

this can making dealing with Input $var; difficult when the value could be text, empty, or an integer

quasi workaround - empty || integer $var value in an if/while
    input $var; where user enters an integer or nothing
    if0 iscbempty;
    then0; good
    else0;
    if1 $var==1;
    then1; good
    elseif1 $var==text; error
    else1; good
    endif1;
    endif0;

this will still result in an error if $var=text

note
    set $var=; || set $var=0; || input $var; where user inputs no value or 0
    isdefined $var; true
    One618, Can you rephrase and let me know what you want macro engine to do?
    11-20-11 09:10 AM
    Beta link still showing 5.9.5.3
    It is fixed now. Please try again.
    11-20-11 09:15 AM
    FlashLight_Flash function in ShortcutMe 5.9.5.4 (on beta link) accepts an integer parameter:

If Parameter is set to a negative number (-1), SCM will not try to turn on Flash LED (Good for those who have set Video Light to Always on in Video Recorder app).

Otherwise an integer number in parameter decide how many mSec after Video Recorder is launched SCM should try to turn on Flash LED.

If the parameter is not an integer number or if it is left empty, the delay is 200 mSec
    Working perfect for me. 5.9.5.4_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.261

11-20-11 09:26 AM
    I cannot for the life of me get NetworkTrafficControl to work. Vijik's gunna need to take a look I think.
    Here's everything I tried:
    Used GetForeground to get the app name, added that (NetworkTrafficControl) to common config. Tried creating a shortcut, tried all the alternative launches. Tried using it in a Launch macro, again with all the alternative launches. Also, looked at it's modules and tried all of the above with NetworkTrafficControl_BG
    Using 5.9.5.3_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.261

Hi Vijik, do you have any idea about this?
    11-20-11 11:47 AM
    Hi Vijik, do you have any idea about this?
    If Juggalo20 can't get SCM to launch that app then I assume I can't either (without a software change).

Will look into it.
    11-20-11 12:28 PM
    One618, Can you rephrase and let me know what you want macro engine to do?
    I think something like an...

If0 IsError;
    Then0;
    EVENT
    EndIf0;

*or whatever syntax would work

If we had a way to bypass error messages and continue an event based on an error, it would solve any future issues when writers brake the macro engine, allowing us to continue writing the macro without monopolizing your time to develop a new function.

If that's not feasibly possible, type check probably isn't a issue yet. I'll look into something that requires it but can't be remedied by the CB workaround.

To answer your question more directly, and stop rambling, having the macro engine be able to read...

If0 $var==1;
    or
    If0 $var==m;
    or
    If0 $var==;

*regardless if $var is set to a number, text, or nothing
    11-20-11 05:38 PM
    I wasn't able to get NetworkTrafficControl to launch so I switch to Cell Manager, which is an awesome app. I'm surprised that NetworkTrafficControl launched on QL; when I tried it on a past version it was selectable but still wouldn't launch.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ONE618; 11-20-11 at 06:06 PM.
    11-20-11 05:50 PM
    I can't remember if I've already posted this, or meant to along time ago, but here it is.

CapLock
    NumberLock

*would be awesome for input/s and other apps when you know the user will be typing numbers or all caps

Does the OS api allow for displaying info from the internet in something like a Show;
    (even if I had to develop the website to display the info in a specific way)

Is there a way to have the an Input similar to the DeviceInfo macro.
    (the way you can edit text in DeviceInfo would be perfect for a note taking/reminder mini-app, if the editable text displayed was also the value of a %var)
    Last edited by ONE618; 11-20-11 at 06:07 PM.
    11-20-11 06:05 PM
    NetworktrafficControl always runs in the background. It hides itself from the BB OS so that it doesn't comes up in the App Switcher either.

When you click its icon in BB Home Screen its GUI part gets called and it's screen is shown.

Programs like this can't be launched by other apps unless its developer let others know how to launch the app's GUI part.
    11-20-11 06:58 PM

(the way you can edit text in DeviceInfo would be perfect for a note taking/reminder mini-app, if the editable text displayed was also the value of a %var)
    110% support for this request !
    11-20-11 07:08 PM

I love this.
    11-20-11 07:23 PM
    I wasn't able to get NetworkTrafficControl to launch so I switch to Cell Manager, which is an awesome app. I'm surprised that NetworkTrafficControl launched on QL; when I tried it on a past version it was selectable but still wouldn't launch.

Cheers.
    I will give Cell Manager a try for sure! Yea, NTC launches perfectly on QL 3.7.3.

NetworktrafficControl always runs in the background. It hides itself from the BB OS so that it doesn't comes up in the App Switcher either.

When you click its icon in BB Home Screen its GUI part gets called and it's screen is shown.

Programs like this can't be launched by other apps unless its developer let others know how to launch the app's GUI part.
    Yes, when I look at the apps drop-down list on QL, it has NetworkTrafficControl_BG (which means running background?) and I just make a shortcut for it. It works perfect!
    11-20-11 08:56 PM
    @eddietta, I did a test but NetworkTrafficControl_BG didn't do anything.
    So I focused on the other module called NetworkTrafficControl for the same program.

After I saw your email, I found out NetworkTrafficControl_BG didn't work because it ends with "_BG" the same code that is used for ShortcutMe's background launching option.

Anyway it can now be launched.

ShortcutMe 5.9.5.5 is on beta link. NetworkTrafficControl_BG shows up on the app list and if you make a shortcut (or a macro shortcut) with it make sure to use * alternative launching for it.
    eddietta and dimm0k like this.
    11-20-11 09:50 PM
    @eddietta, I did a test but NetworkTrafficControl_BG didn't do anything.
    So I focused on the other module called NetworkTrafficControl for the same program.

After I saw your email, I found out NetworkTrafficControl_BG didn't work because it ends with "_BG" the same code that is used for ShortcutMe's background launching option.

Anyway it can now be launched.

ShortcutMe 5.9.5.5 is on beta link. NetworkTrafficControl_BG shows up on the app list and if you make a shortcut (or a macro shortcut) with it make sure to use * alternative launching for it.
    This is great! Thanks Vijik! Btw, how can I try the beta versions? I will report any problem to you if it really has one
    11-20-11 10:30 PM
    This is great! Thanks Vijik! Btw, how can I try the beta versions? I will report any problem to you if it really has one
    At the moment there are enough testers. You can try with another, future beta testing round.
    11-21-11 05:48 PM
    I can't remember if I've already posted this, or meant to along time ago, but here it is.

CapLock
    NumberLock

*would be awesome for input/s and other apps when you know the user will be typing numbers or all caps
    Not sure if this is possible. I have to find out how this can be done.

Does the OS api allow for displaying info from the internet in something like a Show;
    (even if I had to develop the website to display the info in a specific way)
    Yes, OS API allows to have a 'ShowWeb' macro showing a web page in Show panel format.
    However, the total solution has a big footprint. Why is this needed comparing to launching Browser?

Is it enough to have a menu option for Input, Inputs, and show that allows you to copy the highlighted text to clipboard?
    anon(4113192) likes this.
    11-21-11 05:56 PM
712 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD