Set $var1=hello;
    Set $var2=world;
    Set $var3=$var1$var2;
    Show $var3;
    helloworld

Its already there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    gbsn:

WOW .... was totally unaware of that capability! Must have slept through SCM 101

REALLY makes life much easier ..... THANKS! (on PB ... no option for proper thanks)
    11-17-11 07:48 PM
    Hi all,
    Just a note to say the Bejewaled is no availabe free from the App World....it does not appear in the Free Gift section on my phone but still says compliments of Blackberry.
    It seems to work fine too! #bonus
    11-17-11 08:44 PM
    Hi all,
    Just a note to say the Bejewaled is no availabe free from the App World....it does not appear in the Free Gift section on my phone but still says compliments of Blackberry.
    It seems to work fine too! #bonus
    what does this have to do with ShortcutMe? or are you just randomly posting to increase post count?... this thread is for shortcutme updates, as the title clearly states
    11-17-11 08:46 PM
    As most of you might already know, mobihand has not paid app developers (%70 of the app sales price) for the last 2-3 months (for the sales on Mobihand & Channel stores).

3 days ago I sent an email to mobihand asking them about the not paid royalty for September and October.

Instead of paying, tonight mobihand closed my mobihand developer account (so I can't even log into my account ) and removed all of my apps!

(Mobihand takes %30 of the sales for apps and pays the developers %70. If this account closing is done intentionally it means that they most likely plan to take %100 of the sales for the last 3 months).
    11-17-11 09:01 PM
    As most of you might already know, mobihand has not paid app developers (%70 of the app sales price) for the last 2-3 months (for the sales on Mobihand & Channel stores).

3 days ago I sent an email to mobihand asking them about the not paid royalty for September and October.

Instead of paying, tonight mobihand closed my mobihand developer account (so I can't even log into my account ) and removed all of my apps!

(Mobihand takes %30 of the sales for apps and pays the developers %70. If this account closing is done intentionally it means that they most likely plan to take %100 of the sales for the last 3 months).
    Oh wow... This is the first I heard of this.. That's low, real low... Time to boycott

11-17-11 09:32 PM
    Oh wow... This is the first I heard of this.. That's low, real low... Time to boycott
    This is a problem lot of app developers are facing now.

Update on the case:

After I started blogging about my blocked mobihand account, I got an email from mobihand saying that they had discovered a problem with license key generation for my apps and therefore had to pull my apps off.

They also said that my account was blocked due to an internal misunderstanding.

The odd thing is that they also pulled off my free apps, apps that doesn't need a license key. So the explanation is not accepted.

Anyway, now I can at least log into my account. But my free and paid apps are still not available.

This time it will be me pulling the apps off, so that when mobihand's "internal misunderstanding" is fully removed, there will be no app to come back on the list.
    11-17-11 10:43 PM
    This is a problem lot of app developers are facing now.

Update on the case:

After I started blogging about my blocked mobihand account, I got an email from mobihand saying that they had discovered a problem with license key generation for my apps and therefore had to pull my apps off.

They also said that my account was blocked due to an internal misunderstanding.

The odd thing is that they also pulled off my free apps, apps that doesn't need a license key. So the explanation is not accepted.

Anyway, now I can at least log into my account. But my free and paid apps are still not available.

This time it will be me pulling the apps off, so that when mobihand's "internal misunderstanding" is fully removed, there will be no app to come back on the list.
    Well, I almost buy that excuse. But that doesn't explain them not paying up the cash. There's no excuse for that. CrackBerry must still be getting paid, haven't seen any blog post about it. Not surprising

11-17-11 10:47 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.4.7 is on the beta link (good for 9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, 9860)

New in 5.9.4.7:

- GetGlobal will set $$Result to "^" (without quotes) when global var is not set/defined yet.

- Has a fix for GetUpTime (?)

- Has a fix for AutoLaunch?

- UI changed a bit (no Lower Bar).
    Been running 5.9.4.8 for a while just to test the autolaunch part and it looks like it's working perfectly now! Launched a specific macro to do Google Sync in the morning Mon-Fri and it went off like a charm! Thanks!
    11-18-11 08:44 AM
    @ONE618,

Type Checking is not supported so far because I want to keep a "healthy' relation between app functionality and code size.

If it is not possible for macro writer to keep track of variable types, then I will add some sort of type checking in the macro engine.
    It's not for a safety in case macro writers forget variable types, but to allow macro writers to create more user friendly input forms. The example above was from a reminder/note taking macro I wrote.

In any case, it's not a big issue with the CB workaround, but if there are plans in the future for type checking, an "If Error" may be a more widely functional alternative.
    11-18-11 06:32 PM

Would converting ShortcutMe to a free trial with an in-app purchase to full version curtail this issue and the 30% commission?
    11-18-11 06:36 PM
    Show Text #2000;
    Inputs $enter1,Enter 1,$enter2,Enter 2 ##2000;

Timeout in Two macro above does not work with v5.6.5 on 9800

11-18-11 07:02 PM
    Show Text #2000;
    Inputs $enter1,Enter 1,$enter2,Enter 2 ##2000;

Timeout in Two macro above does not work with v5.6.5 on 9800
    This will be fixed soon.
    11-19-11 09:09 AM
    It's not for a safety in case macro writers forget variable types, but to allow macro writers to create more user friendly input forms. The example above was from a reminder/note taking macro I wrote.

In any case, it's not a big issue with the CB workaround, but if there are plans in the future for type checking, an "If Error" may be a more widely functional alternative.
    Convincing enough.
    I will add the requested type checks.
    11-19-11 09:12 AM
    Would converting ShortcutMe to a free trial with an in-app purchase to full version curtail this issue and the 30% commission?
    There are lots of problems with trial version, otherwise it would be a very good idea.
    11-19-11 09:17 AM
    For your info:

I have pulled off all of my apps from mobihand until they can pay the collected money from September to now. (I really hope that mobihand doesn't go bankrupt)

My apps are all available on App World.

For those of you who have NFCLauncher: NFCLauncher is now renamed to NFCShortcuts available on App World.
    Your license key for NFCLauncher will activate NFCShortcuts.
    11-19-11 09:21 AM
    Been running 5.9.4.8 for a while just to test the autolaunch part and it looks like it's working perfectly now! Launched a specific macro to do Google Sync in the morning Mon-Fri and it went off like a charm! Thanks!
    Good to know.
    Thanks.
    11-19-11 09:27 AM
    For your info:

I have pulled off all of my apps from mobihand until they can pay the collected money from September to now. (I really hope that mobihand doesn't go bankrupt)

We have sent a fair amount of customers to Mobihand, for SCM new purchases, (don't like App World) .... how will they get future free upgrades ?

Many can't use the SCM update Menu choice .... as previously reported, it doesn't work. ("Error reading/parsing data") Yes, they do have a data plan, but no BIS or BES.
    11-19-11 12:58 PM
    For your info:

For those of you who have NFCLauncher: NFCLauncher is now renamed to NFCShortcuts available on App World.
    Your license key for NFCLauncher will activate NFCShortcuts.
    Thank you for the update. I just spent a few minutes deleting your Mobihand apps and repurchasing them through App World. I hate to think that you might not be compensated for the great apps and superior customer service, and I hope these issues are resolved in the quickest manner possible. Now, off to App World to write some reviews...
    11-19-11 01:02 PM
    We have sent a fair amount of customers to Mobihand, for SCM new purchases, (don't like App World) .... how will they get future free upgrades ?

Many can't use the SCM update Menu choice .... as previously reported, it doesn't work. ("Error reading/parsing data") Yes, they do have a data plan, but no BIS or BES.
    I hope mobihand can get back on its feet, so this problem is easily fixed.

Currently, since mobihand doesn't pay developers and not even give them a date for payment, and because they have spent the developers money (%70 of app sales goes to developers) for their internal software upgrades, they are not much trusted by developers.

The problem you rightfully highlight is currently the problem every mobihand (& channels) customer and developer face. (many other developers have pulled their apps form mobihand store).

It is not as easy as having an upgrade link. The store who have a database for users should check and see if the user has an account and if he/she is entitled for a free upgrade/device-change and then create a new license key and provide a new download link.
    Only stores with the customer database can do this.
    11-19-11 05:32 PM
    Thank you for the update. I just spent a few minutes deleting your Mobihand apps and repurchasing them through App World. I hate to think that you might not be compensated for the great apps and superior customer service, and I hope these issues are resolved in the quickest manner possible. Now, off to App World to write some reviews...
    Thanks. Appreciate it a lot.

Hopefully mobihand will fix the problem so that others don't need to repay.
    11-19-11 05:57 PM
    Hi Vijik,

I can see some very small problems of this great app happened to me.

First is the Flashlight_Flash at ShortcutMe Functions seems to not work for me. It just works in 1 or 2 seconds then it automatically turns off the flash light on the back of the phone. Using the shortcut to open Video Recorder to activate the flash light works fine. No problem at all.

Second is it doesn't recognise any app from S4BB company like NetworkTrafficControl or MemoryBooster. They don't appear in the list of apps to make shortcut.

Third is a very small spelling mistake at Common Config -> Sorting main page based on -> "beoome" (become)

Hope you will take a look at them! Thank you!
    11-19-11 09:39 PM
    Hi Vijik,

I can see some very small problems of this great app happened to me.

First is the Flashlight_Flash at ShortcutMe Functions seems to not work for me. It just works in 1 or 2 seconds then it automatically turns off the flash light on the back of the phone. Using the shortcut to open Video Recorder to activate the flash light works fine. No problem at all.

Second is it doesn't recognise any app from S4BB company like NetworkTrafficControl or MemoryBooster. They don't appear in the list of apps to make shortcut.

Third is a very small spelling mistake at Common Config -> Sorting main page based on -> "beoome" (become)

Hope you will take a look at them! Thank you!
    What version of ShortcutMe are you running, and what OS version on what device?

you can apps that dont automatically appear in the app list via the Common Config. There's 10 slots there for you to add apps.

i'll take a look at the flashlight_flash and report back (hopefully with a fix)
    11-19-11 09:45 PM
    something is definitely up with Flashlight_Flash. I'm getting about a 50% success rate with it. Either it comes on fine, doesn't come on at all or comes on for a half second-ish
    11-19-11 09:49 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.5.2 is on beta link (for 9900, 9930, 9981, 9810, 9850, 9860 models)

- Timeout is now available for Show macro

- "beoome" typo is fixed.
    11-19-11 09:49 PM
    something is definitely up with Flashlight_Flash. I'm getting about a 50% success rate with it. Either it comes on fine, doesn't come on at all or comes on for a half second-ish
    Is Video Light in Video Recorder > Options set to Always On?
    11-19-11 09:54 PM
712 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD