Someone mentioned that when a scheduled launch was set run only in weekdays (Launch all days except: 67), it auto launch on Monday but not on Tuesday after a weekend.
    That should hopefully be solved now.
    Ahha ok.

The problem is that permission is needed at start-up and before it can be set by the user. Apps can request to set permissions but user has to accept it in UI. During start-up, the UI is not available.
    Oh I know it won't fix it right away. But so far the fix for GetUptime was permissions with this one current exception. At least this way the user will know 100% if permissions are correct after a reboot (didn't get a prompt for permissions).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 05:15 AM
    Oh, also, as I mentioned GetUptime is working fine for me. 5.9.4.8_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.503 with all permissions set to allow.

Just out of curiosity how often are configs auto backed up?

11-11-11 05:17 AM
    I can't reproduce this on my BBs.

Just for testing, can you set one Scheduled Launch with below settings to run that shortcut with SetUpTime:

Launch at hour: 100
    Launch at min: 2

Sorry, was too long of a day that I passed out =/. Currently it's 7:15AM and I had set a Scheduled Launch for

Launch at hour: 700
    Launch at min: 15

It does not look like it launched the SetUpTime macro... not sure the specifics of SetUpTime, but launching that macro manually resets my uptime to 0. After the Scheduled Launch, the uptime did not reset. I have it set as #2 in the Scheduled Launch section. The first Scheduled Launch, which is when I run Google Sync at 6:54AM did actually launch on its own.

Someone mentioned that when a scheduled launch was set run only in weekdays (Launch all days except: 67), it auto launch on Monday but not on Tuesday after a weekend.
    That should hopefully be solved now.
    Actually it was me that was having issues getting Scheduled Launch to go off through out the week with the exception of the weekends (67). Have to say it's a little difficult to keep the device up for a week straight without rebooting, but I'll keep it going until next weekend to test this.

How GetUpTime macro is working for others with 5.9.4.8?
    Oh, also, as I mentioned GetUptime is working fine for me. 5.9.4.8_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.503 with all permissions set to allow.
    Curious as to how the GetUpTime macro is working for others as well, in particular users with a 9930 and VZW's 7.0.0.374 because this is the only difference I can see between my 99xx and yours and Juggalo20's 99xx devices. Though I have to say with 5.9.4.4_OS7, uptime was reporting properly, but something tells me you did not make any changes between 5.9.4.4 and 5.9.4.8 that would have affected uptime. I suppose to rule things out completely, is there any way for me to jump down to 5.9.4.4 to verify this?
    11-11-11 06:30 AM
    Sorry, was too long of a day that I passed out =/. Currently it's 7:15AM and I had set a Scheduled Launch for

Launch at hour: 700
    Launch at min: 15
    Naw man. You misread the config page. Use just "7". It says 00-23 or 100 or 200 for hour. 100 is for "after device reboot" and 200 is for "every x number of minutes" (set in the minutes section)

That's why he suggested checking hour 100 with minute 2. That'd be "two minutes after reboot"

11-11-11 07:33 AM
    Naw man. You misread the config page. Use just "7". It says 00-23 or 100 or 200 for hour. 100 is for "after device reboot" and 200 is for "every x number of minutes" (set in the minutes section)

That's why he suggested checking hour 100 with minute 2. That'd be "two minutes after reboot"

Oh man, thanks! Was doing it too early in the morning... guess uptime being off by 2 minutes is what I'll have to settle for right now...
    11-11-11 08:33 AM
    Oh man, thanks! Was doing it too early in the morning... guess uptime being off by 2 minutes is what I'll have to settle for right now...
    I would assume the intended behavior for SCM is basically to run SetUptime at device boot. I'd guess this was more of a test to see if it's being blocked or something. But if it's working as an autolaunch I guess it's not? Lol I'm just wildly guessing this whole post

11-11-11 08:46 AM
    dimm0k:
    If setting it to hour 100 and minute 2 works... What happens if you set it to hour 100 and minute 00? O.o

11-11-11 11:57 AM
    dimm0k:
    If setting it to hour 100 and minute 2 works... What happens if you set it to hour 100 and minute 00? O.o

Unfortunately I never tried that... with free time on my hands I decided to reload my OS and from the looks of it, uptime looks to be working with 5.9.4.8_OS7_T now. Really not sure why it was not working on my end, but it was definitely related to permissions. I loaded the OS and SCM and let SCM take care of the permissions. Doing so it did not set everything to 'Allow', only specific ones and uptime works fine. Reloaded my backup data minus the Application Permissions, pulled the battery and so far so good in terms of uptime. Sorry Vijik if this caused any trouble with the uptime and reworking it. Application permissions were set to 'Allow' for all the categories, but it must have been corrupt or showing 'Allow' even though that wasn't the case because nothing else changed between then and now except for the permissions. Ugh!
    11-11-11 03:34 PM
    Not a problem at all.

Good to know that it is working now.
    11-11-11 07:12 PM
    Any suggestions on how to group shortcuts without changing the shortcut keys themselves? Also, once a category has been created, is it possible to rename/delete that category?
    11-11-11 11:37 PM
    Any suggestions on how to group shortcuts without changing the shortcut keys themselves? Also, once a category has been created, is it possible to rename/delete that category?
    The only time I've tried to use groups was when I was asked to test it one time :\ so I could be wrong. But I don't think what you're after is possible. I tried manually editing my backup config to remove the group and wrecked it all... Badly haha. Thank goodness I backed up my backup..

11-12-11 12:09 AM
    The only time I've tried to use groups was when I was asked to test it one time :\ so I could be wrong. But I don't think what you're after is possible. I tried manually editing my backup config to remove the group and wrecked it all... Badly haha. Thank goodness I backed up my backup..

Yikes! Good thing I didn't attempt to edit config manually, though I was thinking about doing so. Nothing a little rearranging can't tidy up!

11-12-11 12:28 AM
    Yikes! Good thing I didn't attempt to edit config manually, though I was thinking about doing so. Nothing a little rearranging can't tidy up!

Mighta been cuz I used BBNotePad :\ I'll try it again with good ol' NotePad (on pc) when I get some time

11-12-11 12:30 AM
    Vijik, wow, inputs and global variables - you've been busy.

Removing the lower bar and hiding the keyboard bar - love it
    The screen shots replacing white screens - clever
    ImportMacro from txt - b@d@ss

Inputs
    -Bugs
    --Can't use a $var in Inputs previously Set in the macro
    --Can't GetGlobal$var $$Result in Input or Inputs
    --GetTime doesn't work in Inputs
    -Suggestions
    --EnterKey to function similar to Input, for Inputs (ie. EnterKey=NavDown)

Global$var Process
    -I'm having trouble, specifically with juggling the txt global$vars and the SCM memory global$vars. Most of the errors I'm getting can be avoided, but it can get rough troubleshooting lengthy macros that set and decide events based on each other.
    --Suggestions (if it's even possible)
    -% prefix for global variables with no GetGlobal-->$$Result process
    -restore and store all global variables from the same source "= no diff in $var memory vs. $var restore txt"
    -any changes to global variables auto store
    -any global variables used auto restore from source unless undefined
    -if global variable is undefined then print as if it were Set $var=; "easier to handle in an If then replace"

-GlobalSets prints entire global variable source
    -ie.
    SetGlobal %var1=Rome;SetGlobal %var2=$100:SetGlobal %var3=Green;ShowGlobalSets;
    -print
    var1=Rome
    var2=$100
    var3=Green
    -the current print to text file system would probably be just fine as is, if ShowGlobalSets is a major hassle.

Regardless, your lest couple SCM updates have been incredible, cheers.

EDIT: I wrote this quick, sorry, I'll try can come back after work to write it in English.
    Last edited by ONE618; 11-12-11 at 02:41 AM.
    11-12-11 02:35 AM
    ONE618, Thank you for the feedback.
    I will later on address your feedback.
    11-13-11 03:40 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.5.0 is released for all BB models running BB OS 7
    (9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, 9860, 9350, 9360, and 9370)

5.6.5.0 is also released for all other BB models running BB OS 4.7+, 5.x, and 6.x
    (81xx, 82xx, 83xx, 85xx, 88xx, 89xx, 90xx, 91xx, 93xx, 95xx, 96xx, 97xx, and 9800)

New in 5.9.5.0 comparing to 5.9.4.0:

- Global variables must start with %

- Variables must start with $

-Added Inputs macro:
    Ex:
    Inputs $Var1,Enter A, $Var2, Enter B, ... ; (up to 20 variables)

-Added SetGlobal macro:
    Ex:
    SetGlobal %Var1 = 23; /*Name of the global variables must start with %*/

-Added GetGlobal macro:
    Ex:
    GetGlobal $Var1; /*$$Result will be set to the value of the global variable $Var1 */
    Show $$Result;

- Added #TimeOut and ##TimeOut to Show macro
    Ex:
    ShowThis is a test for TimeOut #3000;

- UI is changed a bit

- When SCM is called from other apps and it is told to run a shortcut, the white screen is replaced with the BB screen that was in foreground before SCM was called.

- 'ImportMacro' can now also import macros from a file on your BB or uSD card.
    Ex:
    ImportMacro SAT; /*Imports macro from SAT shortcut*/
    ImportMacro SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/macro_a.txt; /*Imports macros from macro_a.txt*/

- Added StoreGlobals and RestoreGlobals macros
    Ex:
    StoreGlobals SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/macro_gl.txt; /*Stores all global variables into macro_gl.txt file*/

RestoreGlobals SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/macro_gl.txt; /*Restores global variables from macro_gl.txt file, overwriting all existing global variables*/

- Device Uptime is added to the screen for Device_Info_Plus function
    Last edited by Vijik; 11-14-11 at 11:03 AM.
    11-13-11 03:48 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.5.0 is released for all BB models running BB OS 7
    (9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, 9860, 9350, 9360, and 9370)

5.6.5.0 is also released for all other BB models running BB OS 4.7+, 5.x, and 6.x
    (81xx, 82xx, 83xx, 85xx, 88xx, 89xx, 90xx, 91xx, 93xx, 95xx, 96xx, 97xx, and 9800)

-Added Inputs macro:
    Ex:
    Inputs $Var1,Enter A, $Var2, Enter B, ... ; (up to 20 variables)

-Added SetGlobal macro:
    Ex:
    SetGlobal $Var1 = 23; /*Global variables have different domain than local variables: You can have $Var1 as global variable and $Var1 as local variable*/

-Added GetGlobal macro:
    Ex:
    GetGlobal $Var1; /*$$Result will be set to the value of the global variable $Var1 */
    Show $$Result;

Ex:

- UI is changed a bit

- When SCM is called from other apps and it is told to run a shortcut, the white screen is replaced with the BB screen that was in foreground before SCM was called.

- 'ImportMacro' can now also import macros from a file on your BB or uSD card.
    Ex:
    ImportMacro SAT; /*Imports macro from SAT shortcut*/
    ImportMacro SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/macro_a.txt; /*Imports macros from macro_a.txt*/

- Added StoreGlobals and RestoreGlobals macros
    Ex:
    StoreGlobals SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/macro_gl.txt; /*Stores all global variables into macro_gl.txt file*/

RestoreGlobals SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/macro_gl.txt; /*Restores global variables from macro_gl.txt file, overwriting all existing global variables*/

- Device Uptime is added to the screen for Device_Info_Plus function
    I don't understand the changelog completely.
    Global variables must start with %
    But the syntax is "SetGlobal $var" ?
    Otherwise sexy update. Will look throught it more in a bit when I get time

11-13-11 03:54 PM

(81xx, 82xx, 83xx, 85xx, 88xx, 89xx, 90xx, 91xx, 93xx, 95xx, 96xx, 97xx, and 9800

Ex:
    SCM 5.6.5.0 BB 9700 OS 6 .... New Update Show Broke?

Input Testing #3000; Times out properly ...

Show Testing #3000; Does NOT time out

All permissions set to Allow ... rebooted ... same results.

Can anyone else confirm this?
    11-13-11 05:05 PM
    SCM 5.6.5.0 BB 9700 OS 6 .... New Update Show Broke?

Input Testing #3000; Times out properly ...

Show Testing #3000; Does NOT time out

All permissions set to Allow ... rebooted ... same results.

Can anyone else confirm this?
    Timeout for Show has never worked for me. I believe I reported it a version ago. Confirming it still doesn't.

Update #1
    Err... It was 5.9.4.5 that I brought it up. But then got carried away with other stuff since and totally spaced on re-checking it
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-13-11 at 06:47 PM.
    11-13-11 06:40 PM
    [B]ShortcutMe 5.9.5.0 is released

I love this; it's a great standard to have for making everyone's macros more universally readable to others.
    11-13-11 07:59 PM
    quasi bug - empty || text || integer $var value in an if/while
    $var=;
    if $var==1; error

$var=0;
    if $var==; error
    if $var==text; error

$var==text;
    if $var==1; error

this can making dealing with Input $var; difficult when the value could be text, empty, or an integer

quasi workaround - empty || integer $var value in an if/while
    input $var; where user enters an integer or nothing
    if0 iscbempty;
    then0; good
    else0;
    if1 $var==1;
    then1; good
    elseif1 $var==text; error
    else1; good
    endif1;
    endif0;

this will still result in an error if $var=text

note
    set $var=; || set $var=0; || input $var; where user inputs no value or 0
    isdefined $var; true
    Last edited by ONE618; 11-13-11 at 08:44 PM.
    11-13-11 08:38 PM
    I don't understand the changelog completely.
    Global variables must start with %
    But the syntax is "SetGlobal $var" ?
    Otherwise sexy update. Will look throught it more in a bit when I get time

Correct. It should be:
    "SetGlobal %var"

Will edit the post.
    11-14-11 10:50 AM
    @ONE618,

Type Checking is not supported so far because I want to keep a "healthy' relation between app functionality and code size.

If it is not possible for macro writer to keep track of variable types, then I will add some sort of type checking in the macro engine.
    11-14-11 01:04 PM
    Vijik:

With all the power you have put into SCM, I now find that I have gathered several 'pieces' of numbers and text in various variables. I need to put these pieces of information together (treating all of the data as a 'string').

If I recall correctly, the BB API does not support 'Append to Clipboard' ....... Soooo ....

Any chance for string concatenation? Then the constructed string could be placed in the Clipboard with the existing SCM ToCB command.

Perhaps something like: $$StrCat = $First + $Second + $Third ..... Etc

Appreciate all that you you are doing, and your consideration of this request.
    11-17-11 06:28 PM
    Vijik:

With all the power you have put into SCM, I now find that I have gathered several 'pieces' of numbers and text in various variables. I need to put these pieces of information together (treating all of the data as a 'string').

If I recall correctly, the BB API does not support 'Append to Clipboard' ....... Soooo ....

Any chance for string concatenation? Then the constructed string could be placed in the Clipboard with the existing SCM ToCB command.

Perhaps something like: $$StrCat = $First + $Second + $Third ..... Etc

Appreciate all that you you are doing, and your consideration of this request.
    Set $var1=hello;
    Set $var2=world;
    Set $var3=$var1$var2;
    Show $var3;
    helloworld

Its already there.

Last edited by gbsn; 11-17-11 at 06:34 PM.
    B4me and Vijik like this.
    11-17-11 06:30 PM
712 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD