Just updated to 5.9.4.6_OS7_T from 5.9.4.4_OS7 and the device uptime, my macro version, no longer works... "Device Info Plus" also reports 0. Double checked the permissions and did a battery pull. Is it working for anyone else at this version? It worked for me in 5.9.4.4.
    GetUptime and "Device Info Plus" are both working for me with 5.9.4.6_OS7_T :\ Not sure what's up on your end :/

Hi there everyone

Just new to this app and I am wondering if anyone can get the quick post icon in socialscope to work as a shortcut.

Done as the app asks about naming and tried the *and # launch methods and no luck.

BTW this app kicks ***. So functional and I love the ability to change wallpapers every launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Link me to SocialScope if it's free and i'll look into it. quick search on app world didnt show it though, so i'm not sure if i can help :/
    11-09-11 07:41 PM
    Social scope is free but its been in private beta for a few years now.

You need to request an invite here

http://www.getsocialscope.com//

11-09-11 08:44 PM
    Social scope is free but its been in private beta for a few years now.

You need to request an invite here

SocialScope - A Mobile Inbox for your Social Networks

few years eh.... heh

From what i assume based on your post, there's multiple icons for it yeah? like, there's the main icon and the "quick post" right?

so far, i've had no success in getting ShortcutMe to launch secondary icons (icons that are not the main application. Tested before with a slide lock application. This doesnt mean it cant be done, this just means off the top of my head i doubt it'll be doable with socialscope.

If they ever release the app on App World i'll happily take a look for ya, but I've got enough beta going on at the moment (ShortcutMe, MediaKeyBooster, NFCLauncher, BerryBuzz) I'm not up to adding more. Sorry
    11-09-11 08:52 PM
    Yes the app is like you describe, 1 main for the app and 1 for quick post.

If it can't be done, it can't be done. No big deal there.

I can imagine you are busy as this app seems to have some good support and there always seems to be a update every other week or so.

Wish more apps had this kinda service.

Thanks for the quick replys.

11-09-11 08:58 PM
    FYI

Here is a pic how it looks on my device

11-09-11 09:01 PM
    GetUptime and "Device Info Plus" are both working for me with 5.9.4.6_OS7_T :\ Not sure what's up on your end :/
    Argh, not sure what's going on on my end either since my macro worked in 5.9.4.4 and now with 5.9.4.6 the macro shows 0 for the uptime, as well as the new "Device Info Plus". Tried removing the app, reboot, install, nothing. Tried setting all permissions to "Allow", reboot, nothing!
    11-09-11 10:11 PM
    Argh, not sure what's going on on my end either since my macro worked in 5.9.4.4 and now with 5.9.4.6 the macro shows 0 for the uptime, as well as the new "Device Info Plus". Tried removing the app, reboot, install, nothing. Tried setting all permissions to "Allow", reboot, nothing!
    :| smash phone

For the life of me I cannot find it, but I'm like ... 80% sure a macro was added that would start the uptime counter on command. More as a test because there were some issues with GetUptime that were later resolved by it being a permissions problem.

I'll keep looking to see if I can find it, but until then the only only thing I can think of... Is occasionally when I change an app's permissions and reboot the change doest actually save. When I go back in and view permissions everything is still default. There's a "set application permissions" button in the SCM common config... But apart from that, I'm completely stumped for now.

I'll report back if I can find that macro command though. I coulda sworn I read about it somewhere :\

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 11:19 PM
    FYI

Here is a pic how it looks on my device

Pic isn't showing up for me when I use the "full desktop" view so iunno. But you could I guess use a macro to launch your home screen then navagate your icons list to click the "quick post" icon. Would be a little slow though. Probably still faster than doing it manually.

And if you used the Input macro you could still post all from one shortcut

Input$post,Enter what you would like to post #5000;
    Launch Home Screen:
    Delay30;
    EndKey;
    EscKey;
    MenuItemFromTop3;
    NavClick,
    <Navagate to Quick Post>
    NavClick;
    <Do what you need to get to the text field to post>
    If0 IsDefined $post;
    Then0;
    Key$post;
    <EnterKey or whatever you need to do to submit the post>
    Else0;
    Delay1;
    EndIf0;

Or something along those lines

Edit #1
    Edited to provide a better general idea of the macro
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-10-11 at 12:22 AM.
    deejayburnout likes this.
    11-09-11 11:24 PM
    I think if shortcutme have function RECORD MACROS, it will be very wonderful!

11-10-11 12:01 AM
    If have it, easy to make a shortcut or macro.
    Don't need write macro.

11-10-11 12:04 AM
    I think if shortcutme have fuction RECORD MACROS, it will be very wonderful!

I doubt this is possible. For security reasons I don't think RIM allows keylogging

11-10-11 12:04 AM
    Found it ^_^

ShortcutMe 5.9.4.1 is on beta for those of you who run BBs with BB OS 7 and experiencing that GetUpTime is not working.

Upgrade to 5.9.4.1 and then when you see that GetUpTime macro returns 000000, add

SetUpTime;

to one of your shortcuts and run it. Then let me know if GetUpTime macro starts to work after you run SetUpTime (at least once).
    I don't know it this is still available. I tried it on 5.9.4.6_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.474 and it had no effect on what was returned by GetUptime. Nor do I know how it worked back in 5.9.4.1 because I never tried it back then. So.... Sorry I'm still pretty much useless on this haha

11-10-11 12:18 AM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.4.7 is on the beta link (good for 9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, 9860)

New in 5.9.4.7:

- GetGlobal will set $$Result to "^" (without quotes) when global var is not set/defined yet.

- Has a fix for GetUpTime (?)

- Has a fix for AutoLaunch?

- UI changed a bit (no Lower Bar).
    TomCanuck likes this.
    11-10-11 03:54 PM

New in 5.9.4.7:

GetUpTime still not working for me, as it just shows 000000 for me. The uptime value in "Device Info Plus" also just shows 0s. Double checked with permissions after a battery pull and they're all set to 'Allow'.
    11-10-11 05:00 PM
    If the BB is powered up without SCM permissions set, then GetUpTime will not work.
    Try a battery pull restart after you set SCM permissions.
    11-10-11 05:16 PM
    Pic isn't showing up for me when I use the "full desktop" view so iunno. But you could I guess use a macro to launch your home screen then navagate your icons list to click the "quick post" icon. Would be a little slow though. Probably still faster than doing it manually.

And if you used the Input macro you could still post all from one shortcut

Input$post,Enter what you would like to post #5000;
    Launch Home Screen:
    Delay30;
    EndKey;
    EscKey;
    MenuItemFromTop3;
    NavClick,
    <Navagate to Quick Post>
    NavClick;
    <Do what you need to get to the text field to post>
    If0 IsDefined $post;
    Then0;
    Key$post;
    <EnterKey or whatever you need to do to submit the post>
    Else0;
    Delay1;
    EndIf0;

Or something along those lines

Edit #1
    Edited to provide a better general idea of the macro
    yeah sorry about the pic, tapatalk didnt load it properly

Thanks for the macro, might give it a try
    11-10-11 05:20 PM
    If the BB is powered up without SCM permissions set, then GetUpTime will not work.
    Try a battery pull restart after you set SCM permissions.
    Unfortunately I did the battery pull because of the change in SCM permissions... I also changed the permissions to default and back to Allow to knock out any possible strays followed by another battery pull. Still shows up as 0 for me =(
    11-10-11 05:30 PM
    @dimm0k, in SCM 5.9.4.8 (on beta link), I totally changed the way GetUpTime macro works.

Try it and let me know if it works.
    11-10-11 06:44 PM
    @dimm0k, in SCM 5.9.4.8 (on beta link), I totally changed the way GetUpTime macro works.

Try it and let me know if it works.
    Wow, thanks for the quick update, unfortunately still no go on my end =(
    11-10-11 10:28 PM
    Wow, thanks for the quick update, unfortunately still no go on my end =(
    What happens if you add and run a shortcut like this:
    AppName: Macro
    Macros:
    SetUpTime;

Does it start the uptime counting?
    11-10-11 10:40 PM
    What happens if you add and run a shortcut like this:
    AppName: Macro
    Macros:
    SetUpTime;

Does it start the uptime counting?
    Creating that macro and running does indeed start the uptime counting, starting from that point on...
    11-10-11 10:46 PM

New in 5.9.4.7:

- GetGlobal will set $$Result to "^" (without quotes) when global var is not set/defined yet.

- Has a fix for AutoLaunch?

- UI changed a bit (no Lower Bar).
    Old version I know, but this is the post with the main changelog. I'm using 5.9.4.8_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.474.

Anyways, when GetGlobal is used to retrieve a variable that doesn't exist it successfully sets it to ^ (yay)

GetUptime is working for me, though, I've never had a problem as long as permissions were set to allow.

What was the problem with AutoLaunch?

Suggestion for ShortcutMe to check for and prompt for required permissions (if not already allowed) every single time the device is rebooted. This will fix the need to tell people to "check permissions"... Can just say "battery pull"?

11-10-11 11:11 PM
    Creating that macro and running does indeed start the uptime counting, starting from that point on...
    I can't reproduce this on my BBs.

Just for testing, can you set one Scheduled Launch with below settings to run that shortcut with SetUpTime:

Launch at hour: 100
    Launch at min: 2
    11-11-11 04:52 AM
    Old version I know, but this is the post with the main changelog. I'm using 5.9.4.8_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.474.

Anyways, when GetGlobal is used to retrieve a variable that doesn't exist it successfully sets it to ^ (yay)

GetUptime is working for me, though, I've never had a problem as long as permissions were set to allow.
    What was the problem with AutoLaunch?
    Someone mentioned that when a scheduled launch was set run only in weekdays (Launch all days except: 67), it auto launch on Monday but not on Tuesday after a weekend.
    That should hopefully be solved now.

Suggestion for ShortcutMe to check for and prompt for required permissions (if not already allowed) every single time the device is rebooted. This will fix the need to tell people to "check permissions"... Can just say "battery pull"?
    The problem is that permission is needed at start-up and before it can be set by the user. Apps can request to set permissions but user has to accept it in UI. During start-up, the UI is not available.
    11-11-11 04:57 AM
    How GetUpTime macro is working for others with 5.9.4.8?
    11-11-11 04:58 AM
712 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD