i'ma just post this here, for anyone using BBNotePad to edit/write .txt files for macros :|

When using BBNotePad to edit macros, save using UTF-8 w/o BOM encoding. The other options threw errors for me.
    dimm0k likes this.
    11-08-11 07:16 PM
    Thanks for all the hard work, effort and time! It's definitely appreciated! Hopefully you're keeping track of all these additions so that they can be documented in the http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tcutme-637024/ thread.
    Yes, I do keep track of changes. As soon as I get time to release the new version I will also update that thread with the new macros.

Nice Theme By the way.
    In the themes, do you think it helps if you could have a link/Shortcut Icon (or whatever it is called) to a shortcut in ShortcutMe and not only ShortcutMe. For example an icon on the theme home screen that launches ZZZ shortcut in ShortcutMe and another one that launches ShortcutMe app?
    11-08-11 07:42 PM
    Hi Vijik,

I've just purchased this great app on Blackberry App World. The thing is it's version 5.6.2.0, how can I upgrade to the latest version? The update function in the app doesn't work for me (Error reading/parsing data).

Hope you can help! Have a nice day!
    Within a week (if not earlier) you should be able to get the latest version of SCM from App World.

(I don't often upgrade my apps on App World because a lot of people get the "App is not available for download" error and I receive lots of emails asking me how to solve it).
    11-08-11 07:46 PM
    i'ma just post this here, for anyone using BBNotePad to edit/write .txt files for macros :|

When using BBNotePad to edit macros, save using UTF-8 w/o BOM encoding. The other options threw errors for me.
    Nice to know.
    When I tested ImportMacro I made the file on PC and then loaded it to the micro SD card. I wasn't aware of this requirement for encoding if BBNotePad was used.
    11-08-11 07:48 PM
    Yes, I do keep track of changes. As soon as I get time to release the new version I will also update that thread with the new macros.

Nice Theme By the way.
    In the themes, do you think it helps if you could have a link/Shortcut Icon (or whatever it is called) to a shortcut in ShortcutMe and not only ShortcutMe. For example an icon on the theme home screen that launches ZZZ shortcut in ShortcutMe and another one that launches ShortcutMe app?
    I toyed about with Theme Builder for OS6 and from the best I recall you couldn't add parameters. Hotkey to launch SCM yes, but no parameter. ... That's just from what I remember though. Hopefully I'm wrong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 07:50 PM
    Nice to know.
    When I tested ImportMacro I made the file on PC and then loaded it to the micro SD card. I wasn't aware of this requirement for encoding if BBNotePad was used.
    That's what I did also, but figured "on the fly" editing would be a neccessity. For anyone who wants BBNotePad it's freeware the webpage is here http://www.coolove.pcriot.com/

And the OTA is http://www.coolove.pcriot.com/bbnotepad/1.1.3.Final/BBNotePad.jad

Edit #1
    Just found out BBNotePad can extract .zip also ;o nice but odd feature for a text editor haha
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-09-11 at 01:11 AM.
    dimm0k likes this.
    11-08-11 07:53 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.4.6 (for 9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, 9860) is on beta link.

New in 5.9.4.6:

- Added StoreGlobals and RestoreGlobals macros
    Ex:
    StoreGlobals SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/macro_gl.txt; /*Stores all global variables into macro_gl.txt file*/

RestoreGlobals SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/macro_gl.txt; /*Restores global variables from macro_gl.txt file, overwriting all existing global variables*/

- Device Uptime is added to the screen for Device_Info_Plus function
    I think storing and restoring globals might be a good option from within the Common Config also. or even in the menu, where "Backup Configs" is.
    11-08-11 08:05 PM
    For importMacro make sure that you have a lineshift at the end of the text file.

For Store/RestoreGlobal first use the StoreGlobal and see how the created file is formatted (still need a line shift at the end)
    Are there any limits? Is it a straight file to memory transfer? Does it read the file and puts the whole thing in memory? or does it read the text file one line at a time?

Just asking because i tried importing a ~1400 character macro from a text file and the phone hung up completely, after a restart it threw the 517 jvm error, requiring an OS update/repair. I imported that before and it also hung up, but i did not let it run for so long as i did this time and the restart was normal. It worked fine with an import of a simple show macro from a text file.

Its not good for too many characters i guess?
    11-08-11 09:46 PM
    Are there any limits? Is it a straight file to memory transfer? Does it read the file and puts the whole thing in memory? or does it read the text file one line at a time?

Just asking because i tried importing a ~1400 character macro from a text file and the phone hung up completely, after a restart it threw the 517 jvm error, requiring an OS update/repair. I imported that before and it also hung up, but i did not let it run for so long as i did this time and the restart was normal. It worked fine with an import of a simple show macro from a text file.

Its not good for too many characters i guess?
    It reads the file line by line and makes a string that contains all of the lines in the text file. Then that string is imported to the Macro Engine before it is executed macro by macro.
    So, it reads the whole thing in memory.

If your BB is already low on available memory because of other apps, 1400 chars file might be a lot. Otherwise, it shouldn't be a problem (I assume).
    Last edited by Vijik; 11-08-11 at 10:17 PM.
    11-08-11 10:01 PM
    I believe there needs to be an error message for GetGlobal when the requested global variable does not exist. Right now the error message I get when using Show $$Result is "Error reading integer number, or number <500 in 'Show $$Result'.

Maybe the GetGlobal could throw a "GlobalVariable $var does not exist" or something?

11-08-11 11:24 PM
    @Juggalo20,
    It should set $$Result to "NotFound" if the global variable is not found.
    If it doesn't, then I will fix it.
    11-09-11 04:19 AM
    @Juggalo20,
    It should set $$Result to "NotFound" if the global variable is not found.
    If it doesn't, then I will fix it.
    GetGlobal $rah;
    Show $$Result;

Throws just throws that error I mentioned when global variable $rah doesn't exist

Edit #1
    By the way, SCM 5.9.4.6_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.474
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-09-11 at 04:40 AM.
    11-09-11 04:22 AM

Nice Theme By the way.

Hehe nice, always said good programmers keep a log of changes and your works are no exception! Unfortunately as Juggalo20 mentioned, passing parameters isn't possible in themes... at least not from my experience.

That's what I did also, but figured "on the fly" editing would be a neccessity. For anyone who wants BBNotePad it's freeware the webpage is here BBNotePad Home

And the OTA is http://www.coolove.pcriot.com/bbnote.../BBNotePad.jad

Edit #1
    Just found out BBNotePad can extract .zip also ;o nice but odd feature for a text editor haha
    Thanks for the tips on BBNotePad! Always had it on my device to read .txt files, but never knew of the .zip capability! Pretty nice for a really old app!
    11-09-11 09:42 AM
    My Own Icons:

Hope it's appropriate to post this question here ....

1. Just bought MOI ... love it .... but one question:

How do you remove and existing image and return the icon to 'Default?' (rectangle)

I can change the image to something else .... but can't figure out how to totally remove the image, allowing it to default back to what it was when MOI was first installed.

Thanks, in advance.....
    11-09-11 10:40 AM
    My Own Icons:

Hope it's appropriate to post this question here ....

1. Just bought MOI ... love it .... but one question:

How do you remove and existing image and return the icon to 'Default?' (rectangle)

I can change the image to something else .... but can't figure out how to totally remove the image, allowing it to default back to what it was when MOI was first installed.

Thanks, in advance.....
    yeah.... about that.... heh, as far as i know there is no way to straight up strip the icon. however, here's the os 7 default icon (from back in the day when the "6.1" icons got leaked) so you can swap to it. Iunno what os you're on so... i'ma just assume os7 ;p i'll supply whatever one you want though, just lemmie know what os/device
    11-09-11 11:20 AM
    yeah.... about that.... heh, as far as i know there is no way to straight up strip the icon. however, here's the os 7 default icon (from back in the day when the "6.1" icons got leaked) so you can swap to it. Iunno what os you're on so... i'ma just assume os7 ;p i'll supply whatever one you want though, just lemmie know what os/device
    BB 9700 OS 6 ..... looks close to the one you supplied .... but no ? and a little gray at the top.

I searched for this image on the web and could not find it .... your're GOOD! Look forward to getting that icon .... will come in handy.

juggalo20 comes through again .... thanks
    11-09-11 11:47 AM
    Is there a way to change the location where the screenshot is saved? I want it to show up in my picture library so I can access it easily.
    11-09-11 12:09 PM
    Just updated to 5.9.4.6_OS7_T from 5.9.4.4_OS7 and the device uptime, my macro version, no longer works... "Device Info Plus" also reports 0. Double checked the permissions and did a battery pull. Is it working for anyone else at this version? It worked for me in 5.9.4.4.
    11-09-11 12:12 PM
    BB 9700 OS 6 ..... looks close to the one you supplied .... but no ? and a little gray at the top.

I searched for this image on the web and could not find it .... your're GOOD! Look forward to getting that icon .... will come in handy.

juggalo20 comes through again .... thanks
    is this the one? (attached)

Is there a way to change the location where the screenshot is saved? I want it to show up in my picture library so I can access it easily.
    you have the option of having it added to /SDCard/BlackBerry/Pictures/ click the parameter button in the shortcut setup page. I dont actually have SCM installed atm or i'd give specifics. sorry got a white screen of death last night that i havent fully recovered from yet

Just updated to 5.9.4.6_OS7_T from 5.9.4.4_OS7 and the device uptime, my macro version, no longer works... "Device Info Plus" also reports 0. Double checked the permissions and did a battery pull. Is it working for anyone else at this version? It worked for me in 5.9.4.4.
    I'll check as soon as i get a bit of time. i havent even recovered from a white screen of death yet sorry

edit #1
    nvm
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-09-11 at 12:38 PM.
    11-09-11 12:23 PM
    you have the option of having it added to /SDCard/BlackBerry/Pictures/ click the parameter button in the shortcut setup page. I dont actually have SCM installed atm or i'd give specifics. sorry got a white screen of death last night that i havent fully recovered from yet
    awesome thanks!
    11-09-11 12:32 PM
    awesome thanks!
    you're welcome
    11-09-11 12:33 PM
    I'll check as soon as i get a bit of time. i havent even recovered from a white screen of death yet sorry
    Oh man, I hope it's not what a lot of people are reporting in the OS7 devices forums...
    11-09-11 12:36 PM
    Oh man, I hope it's not what a lot of people are reporting in the OS7 devices forums...
    happens a lot. 3rd time in 7 days i think? i'm off to sleep though. work comes all too soon
    11-09-11 12:39 PM
    is this the one? (attached)

edit #1
    nvm
    That IS exactly the correct 'critter' .... thanks juggalo20

Hope your BB gets better!
    TomCanuck likes this.
    11-09-11 01:13 PM
    Hi there everyone

Just new to this app and I am wondering if anyone can get the quick post icon in socialscope to work as a shortcut.

Done as the app asks about naming and tried the *and # launch methods and no luck.

BTW this app kicks ***. So functional and I love the ability to change wallpapers every launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 05:07 PM
712 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD