So, using ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.4.1_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.474.
    I have a shortcut for the "StayLit" function of SCM, launching the shortcut works perfect. But I tried to add it to the system menu and it's just throwing up a pure white screen. I can swap foreground apps, but the backlight times out normally. I have no idea if this happened in earlier versions. Before this last OS update I'd been using a different app to keep the backlight on because the dialog in SCM bugged me haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 04:34 AM
    I am adding the latest macros requested.

So far the 'Inputs' macro is implemented:
    Ex:
    Inputs $Var1,Enter A, $Var2, Enter B, ..., ; (upto 20 variables)

SetGlobal is also added:
    Ex:
    SetGlobal $Var1 = 23;

Global variables can be accesses by other shortcuts and also other programs (if you find a reason why it is beneficial if they should be read in NFCLauncher, MediaKeyBooster, myOwnIcons, KeyBooster, instantweatherLight, or QuickSearchCombo, I will update those apps to be able to read global variables from ShortcutMe.

Global Variables are valid until the device is rebooted.
    Any reason to add 'StoreGlobals' macro to store globals in the persistent store so that they can be revived after a device reboot?
    anon(4113192) likes this.
    11-04-11 05:26 PM

Ex:

SetGlobal is also added:
    Ex:
    SetGlobal $Var1 = 23;

Global variables can be accesses by other shortcuts and also other programs (if you find a reason why it is beneficial if they should be read in NFCLauncher, MediaKeyBooster, myOwnIcons, KeyBooster, instantweatherLight, or QuickSearchCombo, I will update those apps to be able to read global variables from ShortcutMe.

Any reason to add 'StoreGlobals' macro to store globals in the persistent store so that they can be revived after a device reboot?
    1. Like what you are doing with the variables!

2. Does "and also other programs" include custom written j2me or CLDC 3rd party apps?
    If 'yes' then my vote would be for the 'persistent store'

3. If they are stored permanently, then I think a way to show what is stored, would be necessary.

You are adding great features to SCM !
    Vijik likes this.
    11-04-11 06:34 PM
    1. Like what you are doing with the variables!

2. Does "and also other programs" include custom written j2me or CLDC 3rd party apps?
    If 'yes' then my vote would be for the 'persistent store'

3. If they are stored permanently, then I think a way to show what is stored, would be necessary.

You are adding great features to SCM !
    dont think so, he listed the other apps that could access the variables (all Fonware apps).

Also, i see no reason other Fonware apps would need to access the variables. All the macro-ing is done by ShortcutMe, so anything written in say NFCLauncher is just passed to SCM so it'd pick up the variable anyways, no?

As for storing the variables in persistent store, though i cant see a reason for it off the top of my head, i think "might as well" applies. Someone at some point is going to request it anyways (/me looks at gbsn).
    Vijik likes this.
    11-04-11 06:40 PM
    tnk+++_U

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    11-05-11 08:25 AM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.4.4 (for 9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, 9860) is on beta link.

New in 5.9.4.4:

-Added Inputs macro:
    Ex:
    Inputs $Var1,Enter A, $Var2, Enter B, ... ; (up to 20 variables)

-Added SetGlobal macro:
    Ex:
    SetGlobal $Var1 = 23; /*Global variables have different domain than local variables: You can have $Var1 as global variable and $Var1 as local variable*/

-Added GetGlobal macro:
    Ex:
    GetGlobal $Var1; /*$$Result will be set to the value of the global variable $Var1 */
    Show $$Result;

- Added #TimeOut and ##TimeOut to Show macro
    Ex:
    ShowThis is a test for TimeOut #3000;

- Removed the bar for the virtual keypad when it is minimized

- When SCM is called from other apps and it is told to run a shortcut, the white screen is replaced with the BB screen that was in foreground before SCM was called.
    Last edited by Vijik; 11-05-11 at 10:04 PM.
    11-05-11 09:29 AM

Ex:

SetGlobal is also added:
    Ex:
    SetGlobal $Var1 = 23;

Suggest consideration for writing Global Variables to the SD memory Card as a text (.txt) file. With a name perhaps like SCM_Var.txt

This would provide for:

1. Same easy access and use by SCM as 'persistent store' ... BUT with more power and flexibility !

2. Provides the capability to VIEW, edit and/or add new contents with a simple text editor

3. Provides for Importing/Exporting the Global Variables (powerful)

4. Each text line could be a variable value. So text line one could be $Var1 and text line two would be $Var2 etc etc

5. Third party custom written software could easily access these variables, as well.

Thank you for your consideration.
    11-05-11 09:33 AM
    Someone at some point is going to request it anyways (/me looks at gbsn).
    Hohohoho, everything at its own pace give me a few weeks so everyone forgets then i will bring it up.

Suggest consideration for writing Global Variables to the SD memory Card as a text (.txt) file. With a name perhaps like SCM_Var.txt

This would provide for:

1. Same easy access and use by SCM as 'persistent store' ... BUT with more power and flexibility !

2. Provides the capability to VIEW, edit and/or add new contents with a simple text editor

3. Provides for Importing/Exporting the Global Variables (powerful)

4. Each text line could be a variable value. So text line one could be $Var1 and text line two would be $Var2 etc etc

5. Third party custom written software could easily access these variables, as well.

Thank you for your consideration.
    Oh boy... here i gooooooooooo
    A ParseFile macro that parses a file for macros given the file path?

ParseFile sdcard/scm/myglobals.txt
    ParseFile sdcard/scm/themacro.txt
    11-06-11 02:02 AM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.4.5 (for 9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, 9860) is on beta link.

New in 5.9.4.5:

'ImportMacro' can now also import macros from a file on your BB or uSD card.
    Ex:
    ImportMacro SAT; /*Imports macro from SAT shortcut*/
    ImportMacro SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/macro_a.txt; /*Imports macros from macro_a.txt*/

(To get a valid file name and path, I created a shortcut with AppName set to FileLauncher and then hit the 'Parameter?' button and found and selected the file I wanted. Then I copied the created link into my ImportMacro shortcut).

I will later on add a new macro to store/restore global variables on/from BB or uSD card.
    11-07-11 05:12 AM
    @vijik: Would this be possible?

Recently, RIM released Vlingo Plus as one of the "free" apps as compensation to its customers for the recent BlackBerry� system wide outages. The problem is that Vlingo requires control of a convenience key in order to enter voice commands -- on the 9930, there is only one, which is assigned to SCM. My question is would is be possible for SCM to "ignore" (or forward) control of the convenience key to Vlingo when it was the foreground app? If so, I could simply configure a double-click of the convenience key to launch Vlingo. If not, any suggestions?

11-07-11 12:04 PM
    How is Vlingo using the conv key?

Earlier versions of Vlingo required the conv key to be assigned to nothing and then the user had to push and hold the conv key until the command was spoken to the Vlingo.
    Is Vlingo still the same when it comes to how and when it listens to users?
    11-07-11 12:46 PM

Earlier versions of Vlingo required the conv key to be assigned to nothing and then the user had to push and hold the conv key until the command was spoken to the Vlingo.
    it's still the same. Vlingo uses the convenience key no matter what, cant stop it lol

what i mean is, if you change convenience key to ShortcutMe. then the convenience key launches BOTH vlingo and SCM. If you change convenience key to messages, it launches both vlingo and messages. etc etc etc
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-07-11 at 12:52 PM.
    11-07-11 12:49 PM

Yes, it is -- if you assign "Do Nothing" it works properly, but SCM responds to every push of the convenience key once you re-assign it. You can download the "free" Vlingo Plus from App World: Free Vlingo - Virtual Assistant - Compliments of BlackBerry� - Download Vlingo - Virtual Assistant - Compliments of BlackBerry� - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Last edited by visortgw; 11-07-11 at 06:48 PM.
    11-07-11 03:27 PM
    :\ is it just me or is #TimeOut not working for Show?

Also, I think there should be a way to escape special characters. If this already exists sorry for mentioning it. But say we want to use # or , or $ in a "show" or "input" or "prompt". Something like \# perhaps?

11-07-11 05:36 PM
    I'm hoping to find some help here. I purchased scm from appworld for my 8530. I now have a 9930 and am trying to activate it. Appworld screen tells me to contact fonware. I emailed them yesterday. I thought appworld might be wrong so I resent to shortcutme support today. Anyone know how I can fix this myself? I'm really missing this sweet app.

11-07-11 07:23 PM
    I'm hoping to find some help here. I purchased scm from appworld for my 8530. I now have a 9930 and am trying to activate it. Appworld screen tells me to contact fonware. I emailed them yesterday. I thought appworld might be wrong so I resent to shortcutme support today. Anyone know how I can fix this myself? I'm really missing this sweet app.

hmm, App World should have updated your key when you registered your new device with your BBID/App World account. Try clearing your App World cache and see if it supplies a new license key for you.

edit
    also, Fonware is usually uber busy. As you can see from this thread how often SCM gets updated lol and then there's the other Fonware apps getting updated quite often. So i can see why support emails might be a little slow sometimes. heh
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-07-11 at 07:29 PM.
    11-07-11 07:26 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.4.6 (for 9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, 9860) is on beta link.

New in 5.9.4.6:

- Added StoreGlobals and RestoreGlobals macros
    Ex:
    StoreGlobals SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/macro_gl.txt; /*Stores all global variables into macro_gl.txt file*/

RestoreGlobals SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/macro_gl.txt; /*Restores global variables from macro_gl.txt file, overwriting all existing global variables*/

- Device Uptime is added to the screen for Device_Info_Plus function
    TomCanuck likes this.
    11-08-11 06:06 AM
    hmm, App World should have updated your key when you registered your new device with your BBID/App World account. Try clearing your App World cache and see if it supplies a new license key for you.

edit
    also, Fonware is usually uber busy. As you can see from this thread how often SCM gets updated lol and then there's the other Fonware apps getting updated quite often. So i can see why support emails might be a little slow sometimes. heh
    I tried alt +rst while in app world and that did not work. I also un installed rebooted reinstalled rebooted again. Hopefully the support wait is not too long. Really want to use scm and get nfc launcher.

11-08-11 07:37 AM
    @Brandon_oma692,

Send email to support at shortcutme dot com, let me know what is the email address associated with your App World account (Paypal email address?).
    I will check the database and see what I have on you. But I might not be able to help you as this is something the store you bought it from should help you with.

App World and Mobihand & Channels take minimum %30 of the sales price and cases like this is one of the things they are obligated to do: Support users who have account in their stores for both Device Model Switch, Device exchange (PIN change), etc.
    11-08-11 07:56 AM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.4.6 (for 9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, 9860) is on beta link.

New in 5.9.4.6:

- Device Uptime is added to the screen for Device_Info_Plus function
    Hah, after I've created a little macro to do this! Updates galore, yay!
    11-08-11 09:59 AM
    Hah, after I've created a little macro to do this! Updates galore, yay!
    I did have plans to add this earlier, but got caught on updating other apps and on adding other requested features for SCM.

My ToDo list for adding the good ideas suggested by you and other fans get longer and longer doesn't matter how much time I spend on it.

These latest additions (global variables, Store/restore global vars, import macros from text file) were not easy to add.
    11-08-11 12:24 PM
    I did have plans to add this earlier, but got caught on updating other apps and on adding other requested features for SCM.

My ToDo list for adding the good ideas suggested by you and other fans get longer and longer doesn't matter how much time I spend on it.

These latest additions (global variables, Store/restore global vars, import macros from text file) were not easy to add.
    Is there any specific format as to how SCM reads text files? The importmacro on a text file is not doing anything.

11-08-11 01:40 PM
    Is there any specific format as to how SCM reads text files? The importmacro on a text file is not doing anything.

For importMacro make sure that you have a lineshift at the end of the text file.

For Store/RestoreGlobal first use the StoreGlobal and see how the created file is formatted (still need a line shift at the end)
    11-08-11 01:59 PM

Thanks for all the hard work, effort and time! It's definitely appreciated! Hopefully you're keeping track of all these additions so that they can be documented in the http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tcutme-637024/ thread.
    11-08-11 02:59 PM
    Hi Vijik,

I've just purchased this great app on Blackberry App World. The thing is it's version 5.6.2.0, how can I upgrade to the latest version? The update function in the app doesn't work for me (Error reading/parsing data).

Hope you can help! Have a nice day!
    11-08-11 06:02 PM
712 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD