Thank Juggalo20!
    I'm suprised. Now I can launch Blackberry Appworld with Alternative Launchings #.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can also use Alternative Launching when writing macros, like

WaitTilDelay180;
    SetLedColor 050,000,020;
    LedOn;
    LaunchAndWait BlackBerry App World#;
    Vibrate200;
    LedOff;

10-30-11 11:06 PM
    I like these two, but, can you elaborate more on these, as in, how would you really want them to work?

What Multiple $variables per Input
    Why Creating input forms, a new UI for new email/sms/contants, and generally faster multi-input macros
    Automatically ordered as a list depending on how the inputs are written with a start and and end definition that will enclose them all in one screen?
    inputbox;
    input $a,Enter a;
    input $b,Enter b;
    input $c,Enter c;
    inputboxend;

Standard syntax that supports an N number of items with an automatic carriage return before each $?
    input $a,Enter a,$b,Enter b,$c,Enter c;
    shows as
    Enter a
    Enter b
    Enter c

Support for manual carriage returns for an N number of items?
    input
    $a,Enter a,
    $b,Enter b,

$c,Enter c;

What Ability to save a $variable across macros
    Why Wouldn't have to rely on clipboard, would create custom boolean for is/while based on previous macros, creating set-up interfaces for complex macros
    Global static variables?, what sort of symbol would you want, as in %var or %var% or reserved $$$var or $$var, or just the plain $ but predefined? with a setglobal $a?

Do you want them to be saved after SCM closes? static unchanging until so desired?

Should there be a predefined amount of them or a place where you can set/edit/see them?, to which you can change their names, as in the Common Config page, say, at the bottom, a white box, where you can create your global variables, like $$a;$$b;$$globie? so you can from any macro use set $$a to put a value to them and its value stays saved even if SCM closes? or you could additionally have the ability to create $$a=0;$$b=112312;$$globie=dwasd;?

Or just plain set $$boom=1 kept saved for as long as you want until any macro runs clear $$boom;?

It would be for a separate run of a macro?, as importmacros still have access to previously called macros, thus access to its variables.
    Say for example, toggling bluetooth on and off and using a global variable $$bt, to set it 0 or 1 depending on each run, first run its off, we know $$bt is 0, we toggle, we set $$bt to 1, then we toggle again and set $bt to 0, thus, we can check, globally from other macros if $$bt==0 or ==1. Something like that? bypassing the OS bug with the bluetooth request?
    Last edited by gbsn; 10-30-11 at 11:52 PM.
    10-30-11 11:48 PM
    Standard syntax that supports an N number of items with an automatic carriage return before each $?
    input $a,Enter a,$b,Enter b,$c,Enter c;
    shows as
    Enter a
    Enter b
    Enter c

Support for manual carriage returns for an N number of items?
    input
    $a,Enter a,
    $b,Enter b,

$c,Enter c;

Ideal syntax

Input
    $a,Enter a,
    $b,Enter b,
    $c,Enter c;

to show as

Enter a (space to enter input)
    Enter b (space to enter input)
    Enter c (space to enter input)

Global static variables

Ideal syntax

SetGlobal %var=____;

Ideal function

%var expires only on reboot or SetGlobal %var=clear;
    %var can be redefined by SetGlobal %var=____;
    SetGlobal saves asap
    If a limited amount is required, then just a note in its macro instruction, but preferably no limit
    The SheduledLaunch feature is probably already good enough to cover SetGlobal at boot

Thanks for the quick reply, hope that covers it. Cheers.
    10-31-11 02:57 AM
    Juggalo20,

I spent 2 hours yesterday trying to find out why PasswordKey fails on passwords with 10 chars ending with a number, but couldn't find anything in my code that could cause it. It is an encryption class that I am using that makes this issue.
    Hopefully I will find a workaround for this in future.

gbsn and ONE618, I will address your good ideas in future releases.

I released what was tested now (5.9.3.3) so that others, specially new NFCLauncher users, can use the latest macros.
    10-31-11 05:35 AM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.4.0 is released for all BB models running BB OS 7.
    5.6.4.0 is also released for all other BB models running BB OS 4.7+, 5.x, and 6.x

New in 5.9.4.0 comparing to 5.9.3.0:

* Added GetProfileVolume macro (returns the volume (0-100) that is set based on the selected BB Profile)

* Added IsProfileOnVibOnly macro (Returns TRUE if the Device Profile is set to VibrateOnly)

* Added GetBatteryTemp macro (Returns battery temperature in Celsius)

* Increased max char for Macros field to 2500

* Added timeout for Input macro

Example:
    Input $Var,Enter A Number #3000;
    Input $Var,Enter A Number ##3000;

(After Input is executed, the $$TimedOut variable is set to false or true depending on how the Input panel was closed)

* Fixed the Variable matching bug where a variable name that was sub string of another one could make problem
    anon(4113192) and TomCanuck like this.
    10-31-11 05:43 AM
    The Input # and ## is FANTASTIC! Appears to be working well.

Nice job, (as always) Vijik. Thank you.

As a matter of fact, it is working so well I would like to respectfully request ....

Adding the # OPTION to the existing 'Show' command ......

If the option is used, the Window would always TimeOut. If not used, the Show Window would function exactly as it does currently. Nothing lost and a LOT gained.

(Poor Vijik .. the requests never end .. and the SCM macro writers are never satisfied)

Thank you for your consideration.
    10-31-11 08:38 AM
    Juggalo20,

I spent 2 hours yesterday trying to find out why PasswordKey fails on passwords with 10 chars ending with a number, but couldn't find anything in my code that could cause it. It is an encryption class that I am using that makes this issue.
    Hopefully I will find a workaround for this in future.

gbsn and ONE618, I will address your good ideas in future releases.

I released what was tested now (5.9.3.3) so that others, specially new NFCLauncher users, can use the latest macros.
    As long as you can reproduce it so that i know i'm not just crazy i'm happy lol
    10-31-11 03:21 PM
    @B4me, I will add timeout to 'Show' macro too.
    It is actually very easy.

Not a problem to receive requests. As a return, I get happy to see how far macro writers go with their amazing and innovative macros.

@Juggalo20, The failing on 10 digits passwords ending with a number is consistent. Thank you for reporting it. Hopefully, I can find a workaround for it or use another encryption class/API.
    10-31-11 10:00 PM
    @B4me, I will add timeout to 'Show' macro too.
    It is actually very easy.

Not a problem to receive requests. As a return, I get happy to see how far macro writers go with their amazing and innovative macros.

@Juggalo20, The failing on 10 digits passwords ending with a number is consistent. Thank you for reporting it. Hopefully, I can find a workaround for it or use another encryption class/API.
    Is the getuptime macro broken? Its returning just zeroes on my side.
    10-31-11 11:27 PM
    Working fine here on ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.4.0_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440
    Tested with
    Set $ut=GetUptime;
    Show $ut;

10-31-11 11:29 PM
    Working fine here on ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.4.0_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440
    Tested with
    Set $ut=GetUptime;
    Show $ut;

Yeeh, a device restart seems to fix it, though its the second time it has randomly stopped returning the value.
    11-01-11 03:52 AM
    How often are you rebooting? I'll never even come close the the 24 hour mark nevermind hitting 99, maybe it breaks after 99 hours?

11-01-11 03:54 AM
    GetUpTime works on my SCM 5.9.4.0 too.
    Currently it is on 411608 and it does update.

It should work after 99 hours too.
    11-01-11 05:10 AM
    gbsn:

On BB 9700 with OS 6 .... SCM 5.6.4.0

Set $Ut=GetUpTime;
    Show $Ut;

Shows all zeroes ...... rebooted .... same result .......
    11-01-11 07:41 AM
    Intended to check the UpTime situation on a 8820 with OS 4.5 .....

it was happily running SCM 5.6.2.0 (I think) .... So i upgraded it to SCM 5.6.4.0

Rebooted .... checked permissions .... SCM will not run .....

"Error starting ShortcutMe: Class 'net.rim.blackberry.api.homescreen.HomeScreen' not found."

Any ideas ???????
    11-01-11 08:41 AM
    Thing is it works... but it does not seem to work consistently. I'll verify for next week as it should initiate the sync Monday through Friday.
    Ok so my scheduled task in SCM isn't supposed to execute on the weekends (Sat and Sun), which it did not so that part it observed. Yesterday it executed fine, however this morning it stopped working again. When the time came nothing happened! Using 5.9.3.3_OS7
    11-01-11 09:09 AM
    UpTime and SCM 5.6.4.0:

1. SCM 5.6.4.0 Appears to be BROKE for 8820 OS 4.5

2. Reloaded SCM 5.6.2.1 on the 8820 ....

Set $Ut=GetUpTime;
    Show $Ut;

11-01-11 01:59 PM
    Intended to check the UpTime situation on a 8820 with OS 4.5 .....

it was happily running SCM 5.6.2.0 (I think) .... So i upgraded it to SCM 5.6.4.0

Rebooted .... checked permissions .... SCM will not run .....

"Error starting ShortcutMe: Class 'net.rim.blackberry.api.homescreen.HomeScreen' not found."

Any ideas ???????
    5.6.4.0 was an update for devices running BB OS 4.7+

You get this error if you try to run it on BB OS 4.5.
    11-01-11 02:07 PM
    UpTime and SCM 5.6.4.0:

1. SCM 5.6.4.0 Appears to be BROKE for 8820 OS 4.5

2. Reloaded SCM 5.6.2.1 on the 8820 ....

Set $Ut=GetUpTime;
    Show $Ut;

So, getUpTime macro was working on 5.6.2.1 before, but it doesn't work now after you switched to SCM 5.6.4.0 and then back to 5.6.2.1?
    11-01-11 02:11 PM
    5.6.4.0 was an update for devices running BB OS 4.7+

You get this error if you try to run it on BB OS 4.5.
    What is the latest correct SCM version for OS 4.5 ?

Is SCM for OS 4.5 dead from here on out ?

Understand API error now .... thank you.
    11-01-11 03:16 PM
    So, getUpTime macro was working on 5.6.2.1 before, but it doesn't work now after you switched to SCM 5.6.4.0 and then back to 5.6.2.1?
    Not correct .....

I don't know whether GetUpTime was or was not working before on SCM 5.6.2.1 .... I never used it before today.

I was simply trying to help out with the UpTime question and so I tried it on the 8820.

What I do know is:

SCM 5.6.2.1 on the 8820 with OS 4.5 ...

Set $Ut=GetUpTime;
    Show $Ut;

Shows all zeroes ...... rebooted .... shows all zeroes .......

Hope this helps you.
    Vijik likes this.
    11-01-11 03:26 PM
    What is the latest correct SCM version for OS 4.5 ?

Is SCM for OS 4.5 dead from here on out ?

Understand API error now .... thank you.
    Some of the new macros are using APIs introduced in 4.6 and later.
    We might get other new macros using other APIs not available in 4.3, 4.5, and 4.6

So, for the time being I should say, the latest BB OS 4.3 support is in SCM 5.6.3.0
    11-01-11 06:40 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.4.1 is on beta for those of you who run BBs with BB OS 7 and experiencing that GetUpTime is not working.

Upgrade to 5.9.4.1 and then when you see that GetUpTime macro returns 000000, add

SetUpTime;

to one of your shortcuts and run it. Then let me know if GetUpTime macro starts to work after you run SetUpTime (at least once).
    11-01-11 06:43 PM
    Just found out exactly one of the times it happens, after you update SCM and restart the phone, or at least on my side. It's app permissions are reset (duh), so on the following restart (right after updating) the getuptime macro breaks, but even after setting all permissions it still doesn't work, so another restart is necessary.

Just tested the setuptime, and it seemed to work. I updated to 5.9.4.1, allowed all permissions then ran the getuptime, but returned zeroes. Then used a single shortcut for the setuptime, then ran a getuptime again and it worked.

I would have to see if it breaks with something else other than an update, i dont remember updating when i first posted the problem, though my memory s*cks sometimes.
    11-02-11 01:52 AM
    @gbsn,

Good info.

The app permissions could definitely be the reason.

I will change the GetUpTime macro so that if it is returning 000000, it will automatically reset the timer for GetUpTime. That way, the uptime timer will "tick" even after a SW upgrade without app permissions set.

(Currently I am upgrading NFCLauncher app. Soon after that it will be a new beta for SCM).
    11-02-11 09:39 PM
712 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD