Juggalo20:

Re: Timed Input

"If" Vijik has done what I hope he has done, it should work something like:

set $bl=Before;
    Input $bl, Enter Password #5000;

Prompt window should only display 'Enter Password'

If within 5 seconds user enters 'After' then:

$bl should then equal 'After' when the window closes.

With me here ? (However he may have done something totally different)

Would you be kind enough to test this and let me know? (Important to me and I don't have OS 7

Thanks.
    yup, that's how it works. (also tested just for the heck of it ;p)
    10-29-11 07:00 PM
    Juggalo20:

Thank you !!!! Really appreciate your positive feedback. Just what I was hoping.

Now I will have to wait until Vijik does the 9700 version.

Sorry ..... I don't know how to do a 'proper' thanks. Don't find a thank you button ...

Owe you one .....
    10-29-11 07:20 PM
    Juggalo20:

Thank you !!!! Really appreciate your positive feedback. Just what I was hoping.

Now I will have to wait until Vijik does the 9700 version.

Sorry ..... I don't know how to do a 'proper' thanks. Don't find a thank you button ...

Owe you one .....
    thank you buttons are on the bottom right hand of each post. only available on the full site, not the mobile one. Along with "Like" "news tip" etc
    10-29-11 07:22 PM
    One thing that we can still change in 'Input' with timeout:

Currently for the macro below:

Input $var1 ,Enter a number #5000;

the window will close if you don't click a key in 5 seconds. That means that even if you enter for example X but no key clicks after that for 5 seconds, the window will close, the $$TimedOut variable set, and $var1 variable untouched.

Is this how you want to have it, or you want the timeout timer disabled as soon as one char is entered?
    10-29-11 07:48 PM
    One thing that we can still change in 'Input' with timeout:

the window will close if you don't click a key in 5 seconds. That means that even if you enter for example X but no key clicks after that for 5 seconds, the window will close, the $$TimedOut variable set, and $var1 variable untouched.

Is this how you want to have it, or you want the timeout timer disabled as soon as one char is entered?
    yeah, i think disabling the timer after user input is a good idea. it would suck to be in the middle of typing something and then have it close lol
    10-29-11 07:52 PM
    5.9.3.3 is on the beta link.

Hopefully, all the issues Juggalo20 reported are gone in 5.9.3.3

Input timeout timer will now get cancelled as soon as user enters a key.
    anon(4113192) and TomCanuck like this.
    10-29-11 08:37 PM
    [QUOTE=Vijik;6810538]One thing that we can still change in 'Input' with timeout:

Yes PLEASE ! "the window will close if you don't click a key in 5 seconds." ...

That is exactly what I would like. The whole idea is to limit the time for a proper response, say a password. If the proper response is not entered or no response at all, then SCM will process accordingly!

To have it 'pause' would be defeating the whole purpose of the timeout !!

Perfect as is ....
    10-29-11 08:54 PM
    5.9.3.3 is on the beta link.

Hopefully, all the issues Juggalo20 reported are gone in 5.9.3.3

Input timeout timer will now get cancelled as soon as user enters a key.
    All of this is working great
    In case you forgot though, I just wanna remind you of problems with PasswordKey. I'm having problems with 10 character passwords that end in a number.

Abcdefghi5

Etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 09:08 PM
    Hey, I think vijik must add random value and set $var = clipboard.

10-30-11 07:08 AM
    Why SCM can't use real number? Only interger number is boring and limited

10-30-11 07:10 AM
    Looks like that B4Me and Juggalo20 have different opinion about how the timeout (for 'Input' macro) should work.
    10-30-11 07:23 AM
    Hey, I think vijik must add random value
    Explain more about adding random number. Do you mean something like this:
    Set $Var1 = Rand10; (Random from 0-9)

and set $var = clipboard.
    One of the reserved words in Macro Engine is "ClipboardText".
    You can have a macro like this:

Set $var2=ClipBoardText; (Copies what you have in the clipboard into the $var2)
    10-30-11 07:28 AM
    Hey, I think vijik must add random value and set $var = clipboard.

Already exists.

Try:

Copy something into the clipboard, say 'New Text' ..... Now

Set $Var=ClipBoardText;
    Show $Var;

The clipboard will now contain 'New Text' and the SCM Show command will display it on the screen.
    10-30-11 07:39 AM
    ClipBoardText can also be used to import an entire macro set to a shortcut:

Shortcut in SCM:

AppName: Macro
    Shortcut Keys: cbm (Clipboard macro)
    Macros: ClipBoardText

Now if you copy a macro in another program, you can launch CBM shortcut and it will run your copied macro.
    10-30-11 07:40 AM
    Oh. Sorry because I don't know before.
    I have a idea, when we typing some characters to call a shortcut, if it's not exits then we press Menu-Add Shortcut and SCM add this characters to Shortcuts Field, we make a new shortcut with it.

Last edited by cuddas; 10-30-11 at 08:24 AM.
    10-30-11 08:00 AM
    Looks like that B4Me and Juggalo20 have different opinion about how the timeout (for 'Input' macro) should work.
    The point made by Juggalo20 is valid. But can easily be handled while still allowing the TimeOut to happen.

The point he made was that it would be frustrating to have the window close while user was entering the input. AGREE.

However, if this is a concern, simply set the TimeOut to a larger value, say 10 or 20 seconds. This would satisfy his point AND still allow the window to TimeOut.

If this is not acceptable, perhaps two syntax differences could be implemented:

#3000 would be the window that would pause when input is entered and ...

##3000 would be the window that would TimeOut no matter what.
    10-30-11 08:00 AM
    Please tell me about Alternative Launchings * and #.
    I can't do any thing with it.

10-30-11 08:07 AM
    Explain more about adding random number. Do you mean something like this:
    Set $Var1 = Rand10; (Random from 0-9)

One of the reserved words in Macro Engine is "ClipboardText".
    You can have a macro like this:

Set $var2=ClipBoardText; (Copies what you have in the clipboard into the $var2)
    The random value not work. I need it to make a macro to make random ringtones alarmclock and some thing with random...
    it's very interesting!

Last edited by cuddas; 10-30-11 at 08:21 AM.
    10-30-11 08:19 AM
    Holy cr@p, I did not know that ClipboardText excisted! Man, that'll help with some macros.
    10-30-11 02:09 PM
    Holy cr@p, I did not know that ClipboardText excisted! Man, that'll help with some macros.
    You need this http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-apps-f35/macros-shortcutme-637024/ lol

anon(4113192) likes this.
    10-30-11 02:27 PM
    Please tell me about Alternative Launchings * and #.
    I can't do any thing with it.

Alternative Launchings is for apps that don't launch. use alternative launching to see if you can get them to a launch.

The random value not work. I need it to make a macro to make random ringtones alarmclock and some thing with random...
    it's very interesting!

The random value macro is just an idea it's not a real thing yet. If it's going to be put in though, i think we should be able to specify the range. as in not just Rand10 for 0-10 but something like Random10,50; for a min of 10 max of 50.

as for the timeout on the Input box. I could go either way really. i suppose having the timer stay active no matter what might make more sense. as was suggested it can be worked around by increasing the timer. but if the timer's just stopped there's no work around for that.
    10-30-11 03:04 PM
    I already added # and ## parameter for Input macro.

Just waiting to fix the PasswordKey issue you reported before putting it on the beta link.

Just remind me of what the issue was, and what happens when that macro tried to enter a password ending with a number.
    10-30-11 03:19 PM
    I already added # and ## parameter for Input macro.

Just waiting to fix the PasswordKey issue you reported before putting it on the beta link.

Just remind me of what the issue was, and what happens when that macro tried to enter a password ending with a number.
    When using 10 character encrypted passwords it doesn't print out all 10. For example if you encrypt
    It only prints out

If you try
    ABCDEFGHI5
    It only prints out
    ABCDEFGHI

But If you try
    ABCDEFGHI56
    It prints out
    ABCDEFGHI56

Using
    ABCDEFGHIJ
    Prints out
    ABCDEFGHIJ

So it seems only 10 character encrypted strings ending in a number causes problems.

10-30-11 03:28 PM
    I've tactlessly listed a bunch of requests below. Not meant to come off as demanding or complaining. ShortcutMe is easily my favourite app, and bloody addictive.

Macro requests
    What Multiple $variables per Input
    Why Creating input forms, a new UI for new email/sms/contants, and generally faster multi-input macros

What Ability to save a $variable across macros
    Why Wouldn't have to rely on clipboard, would create custom boolean for is/while based on previous macros, creating set-up interfaces for complex macros

UI Changes
    What Pressing ESC Key to= pressing "StopMacroNow" in an Input, Show;
    Why Faster use and feel like native OS

What No "Input" text at the top of the input msgbox
    Why Cleaner UI

What Pressing ENTER Key to= pressing "Continue" in Show;
    Why Feel like native OS

Crazy, probably not possible
    What Get MenuItemFromTop## selected
    Why User actions during a macro could determine if/while

What Get if screen has changed
    Why it would be like IsForeground for interapp changes, or for apps that don't show up in GetForeground

Crazy, please with a cherry on top

What Setting to not take a screenshot when launching SCM or preferentially to not have the initial UI launch altogether "but pressing the menu key would open the Common Config"
    Why Faster launching of macros. On a 9900, I can still get the loading clock and hanging every now-and-then. This is especially true if using MOI as a shortcut key for opening a shortcut category
    Last edited by ONE618; 10-30-11 at 06:09 PM.
    TomCanuck likes this.
    10-30-11 06:05 PM
    Thank Juggalo20!
    I'm suprised. Now I can launch Blackberry Appworld with Alternative Launchings #.

10-30-11 06:28 PM
712 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD