I guess I did :[
    Is that limit only in that text field or it also applies when reading things and throwing them into memory?
    Would importmacro solve this? It would not reach a limit in the macro editor text field but it would certainly go above in memory if I were to use it.

~I guess its for the text field only? Considering what juggalo said.
    ~Missunderstood what juggalo said hahaha, anyways, pasting macros from somewhere else still shows field full.
    ~Limit is only for the text field, SCM can read more than 1500 characters by using importmacro and fragmenting it into two or more shortcuts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is a text field limitation. I will increase it to 2500 chars in the next rev.

Are you writing macros for a new BB OS ?
    10-25-11 03:04 PM
    Can one of you experts help me with 2 macros?

The first is to unlock using SliderLock. It requires a ScreenSwipe to unlock (I have a Bold 9930). It's very hard to debug a SceenSwipe..I'd love to have a test app that shows the swipe (or even ScreenTaps) on the screen!

And then the other is to initiate the "Lock Now" app (this is the lock screen which is part of SliderLock) - I only can get the configuration app to launch and not the Lock Now screen.

Thank you!

10-26-11 07:02 AM
    Can one of you experts help me with 2 macros?

The first is to unlock using SliderLock. It requires a ScreenSwipe to unlock (I have a Bold 9930). It's very hard to debug a SceenSwipe..I'd love to have a test app that shows the swipe (or even ScreenTaps) on the screen!

And then the other is to initiate the "Lock Now" app (this is the lock screen which is part of SliderLock) - I only can get the configuration app to launch and not the Lock Now screen.

Thank you!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/59283 that one (free) or the paid one? (Assuming they're different).
    Also I see now why my slide lock app never got an update... Looks like they just changed the look and re-released it under a different name... Nice..

Anyways, yes ScreenSwipe is a pain to debug. What I did to get a general idea of where the swipe will start was open MemoPad. Fill it up with

A a a a a a a a

Etc. Then use ScreenTap to figure out where abouts I'm landing. That should help give you a rough idea where to start, then just keep tinkering... If you have the paid version iunno how much I can help if it's different from the free.

10-26-11 07:18 AM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/59283 that one (free) or the paid one? (Assuming they're different).

Also I see now why my slide lock app never got an update... Looks like they just changed the look and re-released it under a different name... Nice..

Anyways, yes ScreenSwipe is a pain to debug. What I did to get a general idea of where the swipe will start was open MemoPad. Fill it up with

A a a a a a a a

Etc. Then use ScreenTap to figure out where abouts I'm landing. That should help give you a rough idea where to start, then just keep tinkering... If you have the paid version iunno how much I can help if it's different from the free.

Thanks for the tip on using memo for testing SlideLock....yes I have the .99 cent paid one since its so cheap! But I think the screen layout is the same.. See if you can get them to work on the free version if you don't want to spend the dollar - although I do recommend it highly! Thanks for your help!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-26-11 07:50 AM
    Thanks for the tip on using memo for testing SlideLock....yes I have the .99 cent paid one since its so cheap! But I think the screen layout is the same.. See if you can get them to work on the free version if you don't want to spend the dollar - although I do recommend it highly! Thanks for your help!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I won't buy from that dev ever again. Renaming and re-releaing apps instead of fixing the problems in the first version of the app doesn't sit well with me. I'm working on the free version right now though. But it doesn't look like ScreenSwipe registers on it to be honest... Which I've known to happen with some apps (BlackBerry News I could never get horizontal swipe to work, vertical yes, horizontal no)

Update #1
    Tried everything I can think of to launch the lock, but can't do it... Tried module names, alternative launches... It hides from the switch app menu so SCM can't get the foreground name. And I of course can't get to the JVM Process list in the engineering screen while it's locked :\
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-26-11 at 08:22 AM.
    10-26-11 08:06 AM
    I won't buy from that dev ever again. Renaming and re-releaing apps instead of fixing the problems in the first version of the app doesn't sit well with me. I'm working on the free version right now though. But it doesn't look like ScreenSwipe registers on it to be honest... Which I've known to happen with some apps (BlackBerry News I could never get horizontal swipe to work, vertical yes, horizontal no)

Update #1
    Tried everything I can think of to launch the lock, but can't do it... Tried module names, alternative launches... It hides from the switch app menu so SCM can't get the foreground name. And I of course can't get to the JVM Process list in the engineering screen while it's locked :\
    Oh wow - I didn't realize that's what he did! Ok, since you pointed that out and also since it won't work, guess I'm gonna delete it... however do we have a good swipe locking App that will work w/ shortcutme? Or are you guys just using the password app that comes w/ the new blackberry 7 os? (I really don't like the top physical lock button myself...but i guess if we can assign it to a MediaKeyBooster double click it could work....) what do you recommend?

My goal is to be sure that I can have a lock app to prevent accidental,etc... but also want my scheduled SM Macro's to be able to unlock the phone prior to running their functions (mostly profile changing) and also work when holstered/docked in bedside mode, etc.

Thanks for the help!
    10-26-11 09:03 AM
    Oh wow - I didn't realize that's what he did! Ok, since you pointed that out and also since it won't work, guess I'm gonna delete it... however do we have a good swipe locking App that will work w/ shortcutme? Or are you guys just using the password app that comes w/ the new blackberry 7 os? (I really don't like the top physical lock button myself...but i guess if we can assign it to a MediaKeyBooster double click it could work....) what do you recommend?

My goal is to be sure that I can have a lock app to prevent accidental,etc... but also want my scheduled SM Macro's to be able to unlock the phone prior to running their functions (mostly profile changing) and also work when holstered/docked in bedside mode, etc.

Thanks for the help!
    I couldn't live without a "slide to unlock" app anymore lol. I've never giving it a real shot at finding one that works with ShortcutMe. I will now though, prolly won't be able to supply you an answer asap (or even today) but I will get back to you shortly. Posting here and I'll PM you if you like (in case you're not subscribed to or check this thread all that often)

10-26-11 09:08 AM
    Vijik, set macro seems to be broken in 5.9.3.1

set $mo=1;
    set $month=10;
    show $month;

Shows 1nth instead of 10. Its not the show macro because even a sum between these two returns an error.
    10-26-11 10:11 PM
    Vijik, set macro seems to be broken in 5.9.3.1

set $mo=1;
    set $month=10;
    show $month;

Shows 1nth instead of 10. Its not the show macro because even a sum between these two returns an error.
    I thought this always happened?
    10-26-11 10:34 PM
    I thought this always happened?
    It did? :0 hmm maybe, but its not supposed to, two variables should be two variables. Not var1value+var2name. Its not a normal behavior :[

I guess I never needed too many variables with the same starting characters until now.

A temporal solution is using delimiters at the end.
    As in,
    Set $month$=1;
    Set $monthly$=10;
    Works fine, or using a dot instead of a dollar sign at the end.

Last edited by gbsn; 10-26-11 at 10:45 PM.
    10-26-11 10:39 PM
    It is a bug.

It looks like that the macro engine doesn't like it when your variable name is a subset of another variable name:

Set $mo1=1;
    Set $month=10;
    Show $month (shows 10)

But if you remove 1 from $mo1, it becomes a subset of $month.
    10-26-11 11:10 PM

Thanks for the help!
    So far I've made Slide2Open work, http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/56330
    However though it can be launched by ShortcutMe it can't be unlocked using ShortcutMe alone, because the convenience key gets locked as well. It can be unlocked using MediaKeyBooster and a ShortcutKey macro though

10-27-11 01:38 AM
    Currently have a macro set to launch the Google Sync app and initiate a manual sync with the following:

App. Name: Google Sync
    Macro:
    MENUKey;ENTERKey;ENTERKey;ESCKey

Running this macro works and so I have it set to do a "Scheduled Launch" at 06 54 on all days except 67. So I wake up this morning, unlock my phone before 6:54am and left it sitting while I did my morning stuff. I come back and check Google Sync to see the date the last sync occurred and it read the 25th of October, which means it hasn't been running as scheduled. I've noticed the Scheduled Launch has been a bit of a hit or miss for me... can anyone else confirm?

EDIT: using 5.9.3.1_OS7
    10-28-11 06:29 AM
    Currently have a macro set to launch the Google Sync app and initiate a manual sync with the following:

App. Name: Google Sync
    Macro:
    MENUKey;ENTERKey;ENTERKey;ESCKey

Running this macro works and so I have it set to do a "Scheduled Launch" at 06 54 on all days except 67. So I wake up this morning, unlock my phone before 6:54am and left it sitting while I did my morning stuff. I come back and check Google Sync to see the date the last sync occurred and it read the 25th of October, which means it hasn't been running as scheduled. I've noticed the Scheduled Launch has been a bit of a hit or miss for me... can anyone else confirm?

EDIT: using 5.9.3.1_OS7
    I don't use scheduled launch quite like that. But I did test it just now and it worked fine for me

Launch at hour: 06
    Launch at min: 00
    Launch The Shortcut: BTT
    Launch All Days Except: 6-7

ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.3.1_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440
    10-28-11 07:03 AM
    I don't use scheduled launch quite like that. But I did test it just now and it worked fine for me

Launch at hour: 06
    Launch at min: 00
    Launch The Shortcut: BTT
    Launch All Days Except: 6-7

ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.3.1_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440
    Thing is it works... but it does not seem to work consistently. I'll verify for next week as it should initiate the sync Monday through Friday.
    10-28-11 08:09 AM
    Thing is it works... but it does not seem to work consistently. I'll verify for next week as it should initiate the sync Monday through Friday.
    I'll try to do the same... Try

10-28-11 08:10 AM
    I am adding a new macro that is similar to 'Show' macro (showing a message) but will time out (customizable) if the user doesn't click on any of buttons on the pop up screen.

(No action will have the same result as clicking the Continue button).

What would you call a macro like that?
    10-28-11 01:43 PM
    Delay display:

Would hope it could be more like Input, where it could accept a variable. Then if the correct entry (password) is not entered a certain action is taken. If nothing is entered, an entirely different action is taken.

Name ? ShowNGo ...... DelayedDisplay ........ TimedDisplay ......... TimeOutDisplay .....

Off the top of my head suggestions.

Looking forward to this macro. Thanks Vijik
    Vijik likes this.
    10-28-11 03:03 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.3.2 is on the beta link (for 9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, and 9860)

New in 5.9.3.2 comparing to 5.9.3.1:

* Increased max chars for Macros field to 2500 (from 1500 chars)

* Removed the bug related to variable names that were sub-string of another variable names.

So it is now okay to have this macro set with $mo and $month variables:

set $mo=1;
    set $month=10;
    show $month; (Will show 10 and not 1nth)

* Added timeout setting for 'Input' macro:

Input $var2,Enter A Number #3000 (Asks user to enter value for variable $Var after showing "Enter A Number" text. If user doesn't enter any key for more than 3 seconds, the Input panel is closed and variable $$TimedOut is set to true)

Example:
    Input $var1 ,Enter day of week #3000;
    if2 $$TimedOut;
    Then2; ShowIt timed out;
    Else2; ShowIt didn't timed out;
    EndIf2;
    TomCanuck likes this.
    10-28-11 10:29 PM
    Hi all! How to set clipboard to a $variable.
    And I can't buy SCM from appworld, so can I help me? (Send trial version 5.6.3 or newest for my 8800 to my gmail:[email protected])
    Thank so much!

10-29-11 09:26 AM
    Cuddas:

Clipboard:
    Set $Var=Testing;
    ToCB $Var;

'Testing' will now be in the Clipboard

AppWorld:
    If you can access Mobihand, they have it there.

ShortCutMe is a great app ..... hope you enjoy it !
    10-29-11 12:18 PM
    As soon as I get feedback about the new features in 5.9.3.2, I will release it for public.

Many NFCLauncher users need to run some of the new macros added after ShortcutMe 5.9.3.0 got released.
    10-29-11 04:04 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.9.3.2 is on the beta link (for 9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, and 9860)

New in 5.9.3.2 comparing to 5.9.3.1:

* Increased max chars for Macros field to 2500 (from 1500 chars)

* Removed the bug related to variable names that were sub-string of another variable names.

So it is now okay to have this macro set with $mo and $month variables:

set $mo=1;
    set $month=10;
    show $month; (Will show 10 and not 1nth)

* Added timeout setting for 'Input' macro:

Input $var2,Enter A Number #3000 (Asks user to enter value for variable $Var after showing "Enter A Number" text. If user doesn't enter any key for more than 3 seconds, the Input panel is closed and variable $$TimedOut is set to true)

Example:
    Input $var1 ,Enter day of week #3000;
    if2 $$TimedOut;
    Then2; ShowIt timed out;
    Else2; ShowIt didn't timed out;
    EndIf2;
    Sorry I'm late, was being a roadie for a band yesterday hah. Aannnyways

About the fix for the variables:
    set $a=10;
    set $b=23;
    show $a $b;

Works fine

set $mo=1;
    set $mon=2;
    show $mo $mon;

Doesn't, it just showed
    $mo 2

set $mo=1;
    set $mon=2;
    show $mo;

Works fine

set $mo=1;
    set $mon=2;
    show $mon;

Works fine also.

set $mo=1;
    set $mon=2;
    show $mon $mo;

Doesn't, shows
    2 $mo

The timed input is awesome so far!
    Not sure if the input prompt is suppose to return varialbes in it or not. But right now it doesn't

set $bl=3;
    Input $temp1, test $bl #5000;

Shows "test $bl"

10-29-11 06:07 PM
    Thanks B4me!

10-29-11 06:35 PM
    Juggalo20:

Re: Timed Input

"If" Vijik has done what I hope he has done, it should work something like:

set $bl=Before;
    Input $bl, Enter Password #5000;

Prompt window should only display 'Enter Password'

If within 5 seconds user enters 'After' then:

$bl should then equal 'After' when the window closes.

With me here ? (However he may have done something totally different)

Would you be kind enough to test this and let me know? (Important to me and I don't have OS 7

Thanks.
    10-29-11 06:57 PM
712 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD