5.9.1.2 is on the beta link.

New comparing to 5.9.1.1:

1- Added following macros:

- GetSCMVersion (returns version of the ShortcutMe currently running)
    Example:
    Show ShortcutMe Version: GetSCMVersion; (will show ShortcutMe Version: 5.9.1.2)

- GetForeground (returns name of the application that is in foreground)

2- GetDay macro is fixed

3- When you open a shortcut for edit (SCM>'Highlight a shortcut'>BB Key>Edit) and "how to setup ...." button is highlighted, hitting the space key will take you directly to the Macros field.

4- 'KeypadLockKey' macro is changed so it should hopefully work on visortgw's 9930
    Confirming GetDay is fixed (thanks)

Confirming GetForeground, now this raises a question. When using the Files app, GetForeground returns Files.. Could this imply it'd be possible to actually Launch Files at some point? O.O
    GetForeground returns "fancy" names properly (net_rim_escreen_app, net_rim_bb_clock, net_rim_bb_medialibraryplayer, MediaCommon) so... I'm hoping the fact Files comes up as just Files means there's a chance it can be launched ^_^

Confirming GetSCMVersion works great (thanks)

Confirming KeypadLockKey still works on my 9900

3- When you open a shortcut for edit (SCM>'Highlight a shortcut'>BB Key>Edit) and "how to setup ...." button is highlighted, hitting the space key will take you directly to the Macros field
    confirming this, and loving it!

I forgot to mention that 'Launch' macro is also changed.
    You can now specify parameter for the app you are launching from macros:

launch Call ,14160000000;
    confirming Call accepts a parameter. Reporting Browser not accepting parameter. Launch Browser http://www.google.com is doing nothing for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

using 5.9.1.1_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440 (damn I love having that as a macro!)
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-12-11 at 02:50 PM.
    Vijik likes this.
    10-12-11 02:41 PM
    @juggalo The parameter needs a coma before it.
    Launch browser,google.com works fine.
    Launch browser,about:blank works fine too.

*SCM reports the wrong version in the about screen.

Can SCM compare strings? Or is it just integers? The == operator fails if you try to compare two strings.

StringCompare $a,$b anyone? :b
    Stringcompare $a,hello
    Returning true/false.
    Same as == but for strings.

Making it separate since java prefers .equals to compare strings instead of ==, so I think its easier to implement maybe?

If0 stringcompare $a,net_rim_bb_clock;

Last edited by gbsn; 10-12-11 at 07:19 PM.
    Vijik likes this.
    10-12-11 06:49 PM
    Regarding the comma for 'Launch' macro:
    The parameter after comma is used as is (no trimming of the text) that means:
    Launch Browser, http ; is different than
    Launch Browser,http;

The app name before comma is trimmed down. That means:
    Launch Browser ,http; is the same as
    LaunchBrowser,http;

Edit: Yes sofware version number is still the old 5.9.1.1
    It will be changed to 5.9.1.2
    Last edited by Vijik; 10-12-11 at 07:10 PM.
    10-12-11 07:07 PM
    Yes, parameters in macros! Vijik, have you been reading my mind?

Now we can make custom search engine inputs.

Wolfram Alpha example...
    inputsearch;
    launchbrowser,http://m.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=search&

note: if you're doing addition and using the "+" sign, replace the "+" sign with "%2B". It's a worlfram alpha thing.
    typing...
    sum 1 and 2
    is the same as typing...
    1 %2B 2
    since %2B is the same as "+"
    Last edited by ONE618; 10-12-11 at 07:56 PM.
    10-12-11 07:51 PM
    @ONE618,

That sounds good.
    I will add it.
    Maybe I will also make so that you can decide the color of the text in your MsgBox (Questions with different colors).
    Colors? Yes! That would make differentiating output, instructions, and attention text way easier.
    10-12-11 08:39 PM
    hah, and here i keep promising i'll stop testing soon as i wake up :| botched syntax for launch parameters, didnt catch the wrong version number ... blah
    i blame Vijik for having updates ready as soon as i wake up... just cant resist ;D
    Vijik likes this.
    10-12-11 10:39 PM
    Colors? Yes! That would make differentiating output, instructions, and attention text way easier.
    Okay. Next update will have MsgBox macro.
    10-12-11 10:44 PM
    Yes, parameters in macros! Vijik, have you been reading my mind?

Now we can make custom search engine inputs.

Wolfram Alpha example...
    inputsearch;
    launchbrowser,- Wolfram|Alpha Resultssearch&

note: if you're doing addition and using the "+" sign, replace the "+" sign with "%2B". It's a worlfram alpha thing.
    typing...
    sum 1 and 2
    is the same as typing...
    1 %2B 2
    since %2B is the same as "+"

Cool. I didn't think about this use case when I added parameter for 'Launch'.

Do you guys want the macro engine to automatically turn the 'Launch Browser' parameter to a real URL link (replacing spaces, etc with the valid url codes)?
    10-12-11 10:51 PM

Do you guys want the macro engine to automatically turn the 'Launch Browser' parameter to a real URL link (replacing spaces, etc with the valid url codes)?
    i for one think this would be great
    10-12-11 11:19 PM

I think having it as is is best, unless it wouldn't break user variables with spaces in it.

InputSearch Wolfram Alpha;
    Launchbrowser,http://m.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Search Wolfram Alpha&
    10-12-11 11:21 PM
    ok, so.... is it just me, or did this update break *Key :|
    all i have for a macro is

MenuKey;
    *Keyc;
    it's pressing the menukey just fine, but then i'm getting an "error recognizing macro: Keyc"

then i switch the macro just to
    *SpKeyc
    and open BBNotePad, launch the macro and i get "error recognizing macro: SpKeyc"

using SCM_T 5.9.1.2 on 9900/7.0.0.440
    10-13-11 03:04 AM
    ok, so.... is it just me, or did this update break *Key :|
    all i have for a macro is

MenuKey;
    *Keyc;
    it's pressing the menukey just fine, but then i'm getting an "error recognizing macro: Keyc"

then i switch the macro just to
    *SpKeyc
    and open BBNotePad, launch the macro and i get "error recognizing macro: SpKeyc"

using SCM_T 5.9.1.2 on 9900/7.0.0.440
    Same here.

10-13-11 07:35 AM
    Seem to have a bug on my 9700 running OS 5.0.0.979. I have macros set-up to open various folders under Media_Pictures. In my macro, I have it set up to NavMoveDown1, 3, 5, etc. No matter what, it will not move down past 1. I have also tried MenuItemFrom Top to no avail.
    10-13-11 09:00 AM
    Seem to have a bug on my 9700 running OS 5.0.0.979. I have macros set-up to open various folders under Media_Pictures. In my macro, I have it set up to NavMoveDown1, 3, 5, etc. No matter what, it will not move down past 1. I have also tried MenuItemFrom Top to no avail.
    what macro are you running? and what ShortcutMe version?
    10-13-11 04:40 PM
    5.9.1.3 is on the beta link now.

It has a fix for '*Key' bug and wrong software version bug that you guys reported.
    TomCanuck likes this.
    10-13-11 06:14 PM
    Delay200;NavMoveDown1;Delay200;NavClick;Delay200;N avMoveDown5;Delay200;NavClick;

Running the latest beta 5.5.6.1

10-13-11 06:16 PM
    If you're receiving an interger error, then setting all permissions to allow should remedy it. Otherwise, my ideas are at an end.

10-13-11 06:31 PM
    5.9.1.3 is on the beta link now.

It has a fix for '*Key' bug and wrong software version bug that you guys reported.
    Confirming *Key bug fixed
    Confirming GetVersion reporting correctly

5.9.1.3_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440

Update #1
    Was HasBtConnection ever working? I can't remember. Either way it's not anymore.

if0 HasBtConnection;
    Then0;
    Show True;
    Else0;
    Show False;
    EndIf0;

Shows False when paired with my PlayBook
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-13-11 at 08:01 PM.
    10-13-11 07:00 PM
    If you're receiving an interger error, then setting all permissions to allow should remedy it. Otherwise, my ideas are at an end.

Tried that also...no dice. I have 6 folders. No matter the number after NavMoveDown, it goes down one folder and performs NavClick.
    10-13-11 08:29 PM
    Delay200;NavMoveDown1;Delay200;NavClick;Delay200;N avMoveDown5;Delay200;NavClick;

Running the latest beta 5.5.6.1

It'll take me a bit, but I'll test this. Best I can do is OS 5 on an old 8330 I have lying around though

10-13-11 08:53 PM
    It'll take me a bit, but I'll test this. Best I can do is OS 5 on an old 8330 I have lying around though

Appreciate it. Not sure what else to do. I messed with it for an hour today.
    10-13-11 08:56 PM
    Vjik, I can't use Bluetooth_Toggle in a macro, tis not working.

Launch Bluetooth_Toggle is only opening Manage Connections :\ however if I use Bluetooth_Toggle in my app name it works just fine

10-13-11 09:21 PM
    Vjik, I can't use Bluetooth_Toggle in a macro, tis not working.

Launch Bluetooth_Toggle is only opening Manage Connections :\ however if I use Bluetooth_Toggle in my app name it works just fine

Bluetooth_Toggle is a macro in ShortcutMe.
    Running a macro from another macro is not fully supported by Macro Engine (it works in some cases but not always. It is better to avoid it).

A workaround might be to make a macro shortcut that does toggle BT. Then use 'Import' macro to import it into your main macro.
    10-13-11 09:27 PM
    Bluetooth_Toggle is a macro in ShortcutMe.
    Running a macro from another macro is not fully supported by Macro Engine (it works in some cases but not always. It is better to avoid it).

A workaround might be to make a macro shortcut that does toggle BT. Then use 'Import' macro to import it into your main macro.
    ah ok, well the work around wont work, because ImportMacro isn't launching the shortcut, it's just literally importing any macros in them

example #1:

Shortcut Name: CrackBerry Forum Subscription
    Shortcut Keys: CBF
    App Name: Browser
    Parameter: http://wapforums.crackberry.com/subscription.php
    Macros:
    Delay5000;
    If0 IsAppForeground Browser;
    Then0;
    NavClick;
    Delay100;
    NavClick;
    Else0;
    Delay1;
    EndIf0;

If i import that from another macro like this

Shortcut Name: test
    Shortcut Keys: Tes
    App Name: Macro
    Macros;
    ImportMacroCBF;

now if i launch TES from the home screen, SCM runs for 5 seconds then exits. if i launch TES from the browser, after 5 seconds it will NavClick twice. It doesnt actually ever launch the browser it's self though. If i try to import ANY shortcut that doesnt contain macros it throws a "No macro found in" error.

Edit #1
    woops, changed so much around forgot to post original findings lol

Shortcut Name: Toggle Bluetooth
    App Name: Bluetooth_Toggle
    Shortcut Keys: BTT

import that with

Shortcut Name: Test
    Shortcut Keys: TES
    Macros:
    ImportMacroBTT;

results in "No macro found in" error
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-13-11 at 09:51 PM.
    10-13-11 09:49 PM
    'ImportMacro' imports macros, not a full shortcut (AppName and Parameter in TES shortcut is not imported. Only the Macros field in TES is imported).
    TomCanuck likes this.
    10-13-11 09:56 PM
712 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD