It's SCM ;p but you're right, dude pours a TON of effort into ShortcutMe, MyOwnIcons and MediaKeyBooster. Really puts a lot of other developers to shame haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 08:50 PM
    Any chance you could somehow allow a macro to do a bit more automation to get to or enable the Engineering Screen?

A few apps that I've installed run automatically and either do not show in the Ribbon bar or if they do show, do not have a way to terminate/close/exit them. Yes, I'm sure that those are failures of programming but they still are running. So I have to try juggling the entry of the various data for the engineering screen access.

Just asking... and if impossible, no problem.
    To get to the escreen

keytospkey;
    launch home screen;
    while0 !isappforeground home screen;
    do0;
    delay2;
    endwhile0;
    altpluskeyeace;
    while0 !isappforeground net_rim_escreen_app;
    do0
    delay2;
    endwhile0;

Its a template that can be imported onto other macros without worrying about delays to launch home screen and engineering screen, in addition to being independent of delays caused when switching windows if another app is in foreground.

Now, to get it unlocked automatically by SCM, it will take a fix. Because, the default Help Me! screen (not EScreen unlocked) does not support either input by SPKey, Key or AltPlusKey, so basically, even if you can automate the generation of the code with SCM and Jester or ESCodeGen (on-device EScreen generators) you would have to input the code manually.

Now that the subject has been touched,

GetUptime, returns the number of seconds the device has been on.

Blame F2 hahaha

I noticed that "SetLedColor color" turns on the led just fine without the need for "Led On", i guess led on is the argumentless macro to turn on the led to the default or last used color.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-26-11 at 12:50 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-25-11 09:07 PM
    @FTBBoy2115,

Thank you. Always nice to hear from ShortcutMe fans.

FYI: I did require one upgrade fee of $0.99 in December 2010 after providing, over close to 2 years, 25 free upgrades with lots of new features.
    And even that fee wasn't about money (that is why only $0.99 which is the lowest fee at App World) but it was about changing license key and another strategic decision that I don't want to discuss publicly.

ShortcutMe has been available for all BB models and OS versions since April 2009.
    Maintaining and constant improvements of it has taken (and takes) tons of work, but I will also thank all the fans and testers who spend lots of time testing it and report back by posting on CB threads. Their work is priceless.

09-26-11 08:23 AM
    Vijik, there is an issue between apps that have an underlined letter in the home screen and SCM not being able to launch these. For example, Filescout, i can't get it to launch by filescout, its module name, or how it shows up in the direct launch screen which F_ilescout.
    09-26-11 09:07 AM
    @gbsn, I will check it out.

GetUpTime macro doesn't seem to be easy to add. Haven't found any API that returns time after device start.
    Will check and see if there is a workaround for it.

09-26-11 01:48 PM
    Vijik, there is an issue between apps that have an underlined letter in the home screen and SCM not being able to launch these. For example, Filescout, i can't get it to launch by filescout, its module name, or how it shows up in the direct launch screen which F_ilescout.
    Just edit the shortcut, and select the underlined version of the app name in the list -- it is at the end of the "F"s. Unfortunately, the shortcut does not survive a backup and restore (a minor inconvenience, but possibly addressable in a future update???).

Also, I have discovered that there is no way to create a shortcut to launch the BBM Music beta. I have tried the Alternative Launchings, too, to no avail as well as the Launch macro.

Last edited by visortgw; 09-26-11 at 02:07 PM.
    09-26-11 02:02 PM
    @gbsn, I will check it out.

GetUpTime macro doesn't seem to be easy to add. Haven't found any API that returns time after device start.
    Will check and see if there is a workaround for it.

As a possible work-around, you already support the feature to launch a shortcut a certain time period after device start. Since SCM auto launches at boot (or shortly thereafter), could you calculate an estimate of the uptime based upon app start time saved internally?

09-26-11 02:05 PM
    As a possible work-around, you already support the feature to launch a shortcut a certain time period after device start. Since SCM auto launches at boot (or shortly thereafter), could you calculate an estimate of the uptime based upon app start time saved internally?
    Yes, I want to use the app start time but looking into finding a quick way to store that time (if I try to store it in the persistent storage, it will increase the device boot up time).
    09-26-11 09:35 PM
    Just edit the shortcut, and select the underlined version of the app name in the list -- it is at the end of the "F"s. Unfortunately, the shortcut does not survive a backup and restore (a minor inconvenience, but possibly addressable in a future update???).

Also, I have discovered that there is no way to create a shortcut to launch the BBM Music beta. I have tried the Alternative Launchings, too, to no avail as well as the Launch macro.

I mean on the launch macro, not the app name. Most of these dont have both a underlined and non-underlined version in app name selection, as it shows the name it appears on the homescreen, and when homescreen shortcuts are enabled, the shortcutkey is underlined and SCM only shows that one.

Launch Filescout; does not work because Filescout only appears as Filescout on SCM, if it would launch by using the module name, then it would be an alternative, but it doesnt :[. Luckily enough, filescout's developer released a new version today with an option so filescout wouldn't assign a shortcut key on the homescreen, removing the underline on its name. However, SCM app list still shows Filescout after restarting the device, while on the homescreen it now shows as Filescout, and the launch macro still doesn't work for filescout.
    09-27-11 03:33 AM
    hi i am not getting the custom menu in the system menu i checked my settings and still could not figure it out. any help is appreciated thanks
    edit : i got it by rebooting thanks
    Last edited by bharuch7282; 09-27-11 at 08:04 AM.
    09-27-11 07:55 AM
    hi i am not getting the custom menu in the system menu i checked my settings and still could not figure it out. any help is appreciated thanks
    edit : i got it by rebooting thanks
    1- What version of ShortcutMe do you run?
    2- what have you set Custom Menu 1 settings to in Common Config?

09-27-11 08:06 AM
    @gbsn,
    Send me an email (support at fonware dot ca). I need a test regarding apps with underscore in their name.

09-27-11 08:11 AM
    1- what version of shortcutme do you run?
    2- what have you set custom menu 1 settings to in common config?

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i got it vijik thanks its working fine
    09-27-11 09:39 AM
    @gbsn,
    Send me an email (support at fonware dot ca). I need a test regarding apps with underscore in their name.

You can count me in for this. I have iLock and (now) Filescout. Either BBNotePad breaks the mold, or this issue only occurs when the first letter of the Third Party App is the homescreen hotekey. In Direct Launch menu, iLock becomes i_Lock, Filescout becomes F_ilescout, but BBNotePad becomes BBNotePad.

If anyone knows of any other (preferably either free, or "worth the price") apps that have the Homescreen Hotkey NOT as the first letter please let me know so I can test it out.

Update
    I can't seem to detect Filescout with IsAppForeground or IsAppRunning either. I've tried this before with iLock, but it's a sneaky app lol doesn't show up in the switch app menu so I didn't think it was odd that SCM couldn't detect it.

Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-27-11 at 11:07 AM.
    09-27-11 10:49 AM
    @gbsn,

I just sent you an email, and also posted a few macros suggestions in the handy shorcutme thread. Let me know if any of these appeal to you or not.
    09-27-11 02:27 PM
    I just got 'getUpTime' macro to work. It returns the time in 'hhmmss' format.

I will add the other requested macros before making it available to download.
    09-27-11 06:54 PM
    If anyone using the StocksOverview shortcut has had problems getting the Dow Jones Index parameter to work correctly like I have had, the correct entry on the Parameter line is "^DJI2MN" without quotes. Vijik, thanks for the good work.
    09-27-11 10:39 PM
    I just got 'getUpTime' macro to work. It returns the time in 'hhmmss' format.

I will add the other requested macros before making it available to download.
    Is there a way to pull up the stopwatch portion of the blackberry alarm set? I use it frequently but its such a pain to go thru all the steps to get to it, ie, open alarm>bksp(to get rid of alarm set-time)>menu>stopwatch

Also, I have made a macro for "call notes history" or "call log notes" (whatever u wanna call it) : Delay10;SENDKey;Delay500;MENUKey;Delay50;keyv;Dela y10;NavClick;Delay10;keyc;Delay10;NavClick;
    I ended up putting the delays in to avoid a problem I have perodically. Sometimes it doesn't pull up the menu, so rather than go to "V" on the menu, it just types "V" at the call screen and navclicks and calls the person on the contact list first listed as V. What do you recommend Vijik?

09-28-11 05:53 AM
    If anyone using the StocksOverview shortcut has had problems getting the Dow Jones Index parameter to work correctly like I have had, the correct entry on the Parameter line is "^DJI2MN" without quotes. Vijik, thanks for the good work.
    Yahoo finance stopped providing Dow Jones index data using the original "^DJI".
    So last week, I removed that index from the latest version of SCMExtras, the ShortcutMe plugin.

Now, I guess I have to add it back again.

Thank you for letting me and others know.

09-28-11 09:33 AM
    @FTBBoy2115,
    In general, I put delay after every action that takes time and require BB to refresh screen.
    That means delay after MENUKey, Launch, and any NavClick/ENTERKey/Key macros that forces BB to update screen.
    Of course BB processor speed effects this.

gbsn and Juggalo20 might have a better general suggestions for where to put delays in the macro.

09-28-11 09:45 AM
    Is there a way to pull up the stopwatch portion of the blackberry alarm set? I use it frequently but its such a pain to go thru all the steps to get to it, ie, open alarm>bksp(to get rid of alarm set-time)>menu>stopwatch
    I don't know exactly what "alarm set-time" is, but here is a macro to launch the stopwatch. There is no need to get rid of an alarm to access the stopwatch, unless you are of course talking about the timer, which usually needs to be set to the desired time.

App name: Macro
    Macros:

Launch net_rim_bb_clock;
    While0 !isappforeground net_rim_bb_clock;
    Do0;
    Delay20;
    Endwhile0;
    Spkeys;

Also, I have made a macro for "call notes history" or "call log notes" (whatever u wanna call it) : Delay10;SENDKey;Delay500;MENUKey;Delay50;keyv;Dela y10;NavClick;Delay10;keyc;Delay10;NavClick;
    I ended up putting the delays in to avoid a problem I have perodically. Sometimes it doesn't pull up the menu, so rather than go to "V" on the menu, it just types "V" at the call screen and navclicks and calls the person on the contact list first listed as V. What do you recommend Vijik?

I assume you are running OS6 right? As these are the same steps on my 9810.

App name: Macro
    Macros:

launch phone;
    while0 !isappforeground phone;do0;
    delay20;
    endwhile0;
    menukey;
    spkeyv;
    enterkey;
    spkeyc;
    enterkey;

This method works straightforward for me, with no missclicking, you can add a delay50 before menukey and delay100 after it, if you want. Try the two above, make sure app name is set to macro.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-28-11 at 10:23 AM.
    09-28-11 10:14 AM
    launch phone;
    while0 !isappforeground phone;do0;
    delay20;
    endwhile0;
    Very professional!

I am working on a new version of SCM.
    So far, it has
    - a fix for launching apps with "_" in their name,
    - GetUpTime macro
    - GetTime macro
    - GetDay macro
    - GetMonth macro

Will skip adding 'GetYear' macro.
    09-28-11 04:09 PM
    Very professional!

I am working on a new version of SCM.
    So far, it has
    - a fix for launching apps with "_" in their name,
    - GetUpTime macro
    - GetTime macro
    - GetDay macro
    - GetMonth macro

Will skip adding 'GetYear' macro.
    I'd like to see a "Cancel" button added to the maco editor.
    When you're typing out a macro, and hit the EscKey you have two options, save or don't save. Sometimes I hit it by accident and then have to save and go back in to edit. If I'm editing a long macro it takes a little bit to refind where exactly I was in the macro.

Also, in the Shortcut Settings Page. Hitting EscKey twice will exit without saving. This gets me often because my first instinct is to hit the EscKey to clear the "Do You Want To Save Changes" prompt, because when writing an email and hitting EscKey you get prompted but if you hit EscKey it clears the prompt but leaves you still composing the email.

Neither is a huge huge deal. Just a few thoughts.

09-28-11 05:34 PM
    I'd like to see a "Cancel" button added to the maco editor.
    When you're typing out a macro, and hit the EscKey you have two options, save or don't save. Sometimes I hit it by accident and then have to save and go back in to edit. If I'm editing a long macro it takes a little bit to refind where exactly I was in the macro.

Also, in the Shortcut Settings Page. Hitting EscKey twice will exit without saving. This gets me often because my first instinct is to hit the EscKey to clear the "Do You Want To Save Changes" prompt, because when writing an email and hitting EscKey you get prompted but if you hit EscKey it clears the prompt but leaves you still composing the email.

Neither is a huge huge deal. Just a few thoughts.

I think this was pointed out by someone some time ago, but as far as i remember or read properly, it required a lot of code changing on the app, or probably im artificially making it up lol. In short, the UI doesn't act like the BB OS UI does. Even on the BB OS without a cancel, hitting esckey, closes the prompt dialog box, not the whole page.

Its indeed a bit annoying when editing shortcuts, or in any other SCM screen as it happens everywhere, and not wanting to either discard or save, but just close the prompt box and go back to editing it.
    09-29-11 12:25 AM
    Damn me and my "requires a ton of work" thoughts >.< All for such minor inconviences ... I withdraw this request/suggestion lol.

09-29-11 12:54 AM
712 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD