I use a different app for flash light to be honest. I never liked having to remember to turn the video light on. The app I use is independant of all settings (and no input simulation so it's always fast). I was just looking for something that might be commonly used to test heh.

I will fix that, but in the mean time just run this shortcut:
    -- AppName: Flashlight_Flash
    -- Macros: SpSpaceKey;

ShortcutMe should also keep the flashlight on disallowing BB OS to turn it off automatically.
    Last edited by Vijik; 09-25-11 at 12:28 AM.
    09-25-11 12:01 AM
    I will fix that, but in the mean time just add run this shortcut:
    -- AppName: Flashlight_Flash
    -- Macros: SpSpaceKey;

ShortcutMe should also keep the flashlight on disallowing BB OS to turn it off automatically.
    Oh very nice it's not a perminant change for the video light. I never knew about the space button for video light hah. That's awesome. It does leave ShortcutMe running though, after exiting the video camera. No biggie though ^_^ great for a workaround

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 12:11 AM
    I just added (not available for download yet) following macros:

- 'LED' (Example: LED On;LED Off)
    - 'SetLedColor' (Example: SetLedColor green; SetLedColor 120,120,120; )
    - 'IsDefined' (Example: Set $var=2; If2 IsDefined $var;Then2;Vibrate100;EndIf2; )

Struggling with adding a macro to get led to blink because the API for LED mixes color settings with blink-on-time and blink-off-time settings.

There is no API that sets blinking of led for a specific time period.

Need more time on finding a clean solution for the blinking.
    09-25-11 12:38 AM
    Problem with interaction with MyOwnIcons :\

Shortcutme_Touch 5.8.2.0 (official), MyOwnIcons 1.2.6.4, 9900/7.0.0.353

ShortcutMe_Touch:
    App Name: Search_Google
    Shortcut Keys: GOO
    Parameter: <empty>
    Alternative Launchings: <none>
    Macros: <empty>

MyOwnIcons:
    Launches: MOI_ShortcutMe
    Parameter For Launched App: GOO
    Alternative Launching: <none>
    Home Screen Hotkey: G

When launching GOO from ShortcutMe it works fine, but when launching using MOI the search box is halfway off the screen to the left. I attached a screenshot to this post.

Update
    Same thing happens with MediaKeyBooster 1.4.0.2
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-25-11 at 05:26 AM.
    09-25-11 03:55 AM
    I just added (not available for download yet) following macros:

- 'LED' (Example: LED On;LED Off)
    - 'SetLedColor' (Example: SetLedColor green; SetLedColor 120,120,120; )
    - 'IsDefined' (Example: Set $var=2; If2 IsDefined $var;Then2;Vibrate100;EndIf2; )

Struggling with adding a macro to get led to blink because the API for LED mixes color settings with blink-on-time and blink-off-time settings.

Need more time on finding a clean solution for the blinking.
    Ohh nice, how would the LED and SetLedColor work together?

Led on;
    SeLedColor 120,120,120;?

or

SetLedColor 120,120,120;
    Led on;?

What happens if Led on is used alone?

Also, if i use,

SetLedColor 120,120,120;
    Led On; (or in the correct order, before or after setledcolor)
    SetLed Color 255,0,0

Would it change colors on the fly, or would i have to turn off the led before changing colors?
    I assume the colors are in decimal notation and not percentage notation right?

If you can't get the blink to work, or if its too performance complex, dont worry. Blinking can be done manually anyways, using led on, delays and led off.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-25-11 at 05:31 AM.
    09-25-11 05:21 AM

Led on;
    SeLedColor 120,120,120;?

or

SetLedColor 120,120,120;
    Led on;?

Also, if i use,

SetLedColor 120,120,120;
    SetLed Color 255,0,0

Would it change colors on the fly, or would i have to turn off the led before changing colors?

If you can't get the blink to work, or if its too performance complex, dont worry. Blinking can be done manually anyways, using led on, delays and led off.
    I think blink it's self works, just not blink for x seconds, no auto stop.
    could be wrong

09-25-11 06:37 AM

Led on;
    SeLedColor 120,120,120;?

or

SetLedColor 120,120,120;
    Led on;?

Also, if i use,

SetLedColor 120,120,120;
    SetLed Color 255,0,0

It doesn't look like that the order is important.
    Led color can be changed at any point. It is not necessary to turn it off and on again to change the color.

I got the led blink to work.

Following macro turns LED on with green color for 2 seconds and then get it to blink for 2 seconds in blue color:

SetLedColor Green;
    Led on;
    Delay2000;
    Led blink;
    SetLedColor blue;
    Delay 2000;
    Led off;

I will fix small reported bugs and release a new version because many others have asked for these new macros (support email).
    Last edited by Vijik; 09-25-11 at 08:15 AM.
    09-25-11 08:12 AM
    Another thing I kept forgetting to post about, was when you launch ShortcutMe and hit the MenuKey, you have the option to "Add Shortcut" and "Add Alt-Shortcut". But if you scroll at all, to the list of shortcuts and press the MenuKey, all you get is "Add". Not a big deal, can still make it an alt shortcut by manually adding ^. Just a cosmetic/consistency thing I kept forgetting to post.

Bring on the LED! <333

09-25-11 09:39 AM
    I think blink it's self works, just not blink for x seconds, no auto stop.
    Correct. I haven't found an auto stop for led blink function.
    09-25-11 09:47 AM
    Another thing I kept forgetting to post about, was when you launch ShortcutMe and hit the MenuKey, you have the option to "Add Shortcut" and "Add Alt-Shortcut". But if you scroll at all, to the list of shortcuts and press the MenuKey, all you get is "Add". Not a big deal, can still make it an alt shortcut by manually adding ^. Just a cosmetic/consistency thing I kept forgetting to post.

Bring on the LED! <333
    When the cursor is on Alt-Shortcut area, 'Add' will add an Alt-Shortcut and place it above the cursor. 'Add Shortcut' is then Not Applicable.

When cursor in not on any shortcut, both options of Add Shortcut and Add Alt Shortcut are applicable.

I will eventually remove Alt Shortcuts as they can be now handled as normal shortcuts.

LED macros will be available soon
    09-25-11 09:51 AM
    SetLedColor macro accepts both color name and RGB values.

For the colors, I only have set Green, Blue, Red, White, Orange, and Yellow.

Any other color should be added?

(Any color that is not in the above list will result a white color on the LED)
    09-25-11 09:55 AM
    Can anybody guide me how do I change the fonts in SCM thanks

09-25-11 10:03 AM
    SetLedColor macro accepts both color name and RGB values.

For the colors, I only have set Green, Blue, Red, White, Orange, and Yellow.

Any other color should be added?

(Any color that is not in the above list will result a white color on the LED)
    maybe purple 148-0-211 if that works.

09-25-11 10:14 AM
    Can anybody guide me how do I change the fonts in SCM thanks
    ShortcutMe uses the same fonts you have set for your BlackBerry.
    09-25-11 10:16 AM
    Ok thanks vijik I love this app great work

09-25-11 10:19 AM
    5.8.3.0 is just released for all BB models that run BB OS 7 (9900/9930, 9810, 9850, 9860, 9350, 9360, 9370).

New in 5.8.3.0 comparing to 5.8.2.0

* Added following macros:

- LED (Example: LED On;LED Off; LED Blink)

- SetLedColor (Example: SetLedColor green; SetLedColor 120,120,120; )
    (Defined colors: green, red, blue, yellow, orange, purple, white)

- IsDefined (Example: Set $var=2; If2 IsDefined $var;Then2;Vibrate100;EndIf2; )

* Fixed store/restore function for Sorting

* Removed the bug when an extra �;� was added (in macro editor) to a macro on a new line

* Fixed remote launching of Search_xx shortcuts from MediaKeyBooster, and MyOwnIcons
    TomCanuck likes this.
    09-25-11 12:40 PM
    5.8.3.0 is just released for all BB models that run BB OS 7 (9900/9930, 9810, 9850, 9860, 9350, 9360, 9370).

New in 5.8.3.0 comparing to 5.8.2.0

* Removed the bug when an extra �;� was added (in macro editor) to a macro on a new line

* Fixed remote launching of Search_xx shortcuts from MediaKeyBooster, and MyOwnIcons
    Looking good man, I ran through the changelog and all works.

I did find one problem though ... When first opening the Macro Editor, the "Add Selected Macro" button doesn't work if the "Macros" field is empty. You need to type something (anything) in there first.
    9900/7.0.0.353

09-25-11 01:01 PM
    You are right. It can't add macros to an empty field.

Will fix it soon.

09-25-11 01:43 PM
    Any chance you could somehow allow a macro to do a bit more automation to get to or enable the Engineering Screen?

A few apps that I've installed run automatically and either do not show in the Ribbon bar or if they do show, do not have a way to terminate/close/exit them. Yes, I'm sure that those are failures of programming but they still are running. So I have to try juggling the entry of the various data for the engineering screen access.

Just asking... and if impossible, no problem.
    09-25-11 02:16 PM
    To access the screen (once it's unlocked) use AltPlusKeyEscr in your macro, as for auto killing processes I don't recommend you try, there's no way for the macro to know what process the cursor is on heh.

OH! It won't work if the cursor is in a text field though... Might wanna goto the Home Screen before launching

Launch Home Screen;
    If0 IsAppForeground Home Screen;
    Then0;
    AltPlusKeyEscr;
    EndIf0;

Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-25-11 at 02:34 PM.
    09-25-11 02:30 PM
    To access the screen (once it's unlocked) use AltPlusKeyEscr in your macro, as for auto killing processes I don't recommend you try, there's no way for the macro to know what process the cursor is on heh.

OH! It won't work if the cursor is in a text field though... Might wanna goto the Home Screen before launching

Launch Home Screen;
    If0 IsAppForeground Home Screen;
    Then0;
    AltPlusKeyEscr;
    EndIf0;
    I would have added a delay between 'Launch Home Screen' and 'If0 ...' just to give the BB OS time to open Home Screen.
    09-25-11 06:52 PM
    5.8.3.1 is now released for all new BB models running BB OS 7

5.5.6.1 is also released for all other BB models running BB OS 4.3+, 5.x, and 6.x

(5.8.3.1, has a fix for the bug found by Juggalo20 where macros could not be added to an empty field in Macro Editor).
    09-25-11 06:54 PM
    BTW, 'SetLedColor' also accepts the first letter of pre-defined colors:

SetLedColor g; /* Sets LED color to Green */
    SetLedColor gr; /* Sets LED color to Green */
    SetLedColor green; /* Sets LED color to Green */
    SetLedColor gslkdfjsl; /* Sets LED color to Green ! */

Pre defined colors are Green, Red, Blue, White, Yellow, Orange, and Purple.

Any other led color and intensity can be made using this syntax of the same macro:
    SetLedColor R, G, B; /* SetLedColor 120, 230, 30 */
    TomCanuck likes this.
    09-25-11 07:09 PM
    BTW, 'SetLedColor' also accepts the first letter of pre-defined colors:

SetLedColor g; /* Sets LED color to Green */
    SetLedColor gr; /* Sets LED color to Green */
    SetLedColor green; /* Sets LED color to Green */
    SetLedColor gslkdfjsl; /* Sets LED color to Green ! */

Pre defined colors are Green, Red, Blue, White, Yellow, Orange, and Purple.

Any other led color and intensity can be made using this syntax of the same macro:
    SetLedColor R, G, B; /* SetLedColor 120, 230, 30 */
    Using ShortcutMe_Touch 5.8.3.1 on 9900/7.0.0.353.
    Dude I love the r b g o p y for the SetLedColor. Works perfect for me. Also confirming that bugfix of the Macro Editor. so awesome. Haven't found anything else to report yet ^_^

09-25-11 07:53 PM
    ShortcutMe is now updated for these BB models:
    99xx, 98xx, 97xx, 96xx, 95xx, 93xx, 91xx, 90xx, 89xx, 88xx, 85xx, 83xx, 82xx, and 81xx running BB OS 4.3+ to BB OS 7

In short, the new version (5.8.2.0 for devices running OS 7, and 5.5.6.0 for others) has new set of macros requested by macro enthusiasts, it allows other apps to run macros in ShortcutMe, and it allows you to create recurring auto launches (in addition to the other auto launches in earlier versions).

About ShortcutMe:

**ShortcutMe is %20 off today**

Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image

New in ShortcutMe 5.8.2.0 & 5.5.6.0:

- Allows creating Recurring Auto Launches (Launch something every 30 minutes?)

- Allows other apps (MyOwnIcons, MediaKeyBooster, etc) to run macros before and after running a shortcut in ShortcutMe (Runs pre-Macros -> a Shortcut in ShortcutMe -> Post-Macros).

- Allows other apps running their macros in ShortcutMe

- Removed the white screen bug when a shortcut in category was remotely called.

- Removed the white screen bug when a shortcut similar to other shortcuts was remotely called

- Added 2 new functions: Radio_On and Radio_Off (turning cellular radio on and off). These can also be used as macros.

- Following macros added:

IsBtOn (returns true when Bluetooth is On)

IsWifiOn (returns true when Wifi is On)

IsRadioOn (returns true when Radio is On)

IsNfcOn (returns true when NFC is On)

SetVolume (Sets Audio volume)

ScreenSwipe (Simulates a finger swipe on screen)

IsConnectedToCharger (returns true if BB is connected to a charger)

HasRadioConnection (returns true if BB is connected to a cellular network)

HasWifiConnection (returns true if BB is connected to a wifi network)

- Removed a Scheduled Autolaunch bug

- Removed QWERTZ/AZERTY keypad bug for BBs with OS 7

If you have switched to 9900,9300, 9810, 9850, 9860, 9350, 9360, 9370 contact the store you bought ShortcutMe from and ask them to switch your account to ShortcutMe for your device model.

UPDATE: 5.8.3.1 is released for all BB models running BB OS 7
    5.5.6.1 is also released for all other BB models running BB OS 4.3+, 5.x, and 6.x

The followings are new in these versions:

Shortcutme is by far one of my most needed, most depended on app! i forget i even use it until i go to use a friend's phone that doesn't have it and i have to take the long navigation routes to get around on it. This is absolutely a must-have app if you use your blackberry with any regularity.
    And something else I've noticed is I've never been charged for an update. I know the maker must work hard on this app, CONSTNTLY making improvements. Seems to be a labor of love. But he fact I havent been charged for an upgrade was part of the reason I ended up buying a copy of this for my friend's phone as well. The maker or SMC must knowthat word of mouth in that of a great reputation of an app will keep new ppl being drawn to buy it.
    I bought a battery monitor app, and a few days later i get a notification that an update is avail, but I'd have to pay for it...so im stuck looking at he notifier.

Anyway SMC maker, keep up the great work!
    09-25-11 08:28 PM
712 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD