For anyone besides me who was wondering if the ShortcutMe app works on the Tour, the answer is yes. I just wanted to be sure everyone else knew, because when I went to their site for the free trial, it didn't actually list the 96xx on the free trial download page, but it's the same as the 90xx version.
    I actually hesitated to even activate my Tour (I got it shipped by a friend at a Verizon store) until I confirmed that I could run ShortcutMe. It's been SO long since I didn't have it installed (has been on my Curve for quite some time) that I couldn't imagine having to go back to all of the scrolling and typing that I used to have to do.
    I guess since I'm in a typing mood, I'm going to also ask if anyone else has any awesome shortcut ideas for the app, I know there are a ton out there. I obviously use it all the time to start up every app on my phone (right convenience key > I type "P-A" for Pandora, WAY better than scrolling), and I also learned that I could also set shortcuts engage my password lock (I have that one set so that when I double-click my right key it locks, call me sneaky!). Then I read a post from someone going through how awesome it is to actually skip steps, like I can send a text to my wife in two seconds (convenience key > Alt-X-W), go to my DirecTV DVR website in two seconds (Alt-B-D), and open my daughter's softball league homepage in Opera superfast to see if we are rained out each day (Alt-O-S). Then someone else had posted about the fact that you can implement the convenience keys in the shortcuts, so now I have it set so that I click the right convenience key, then the left convenience key to bring up the flashlight,which was crazy useful when my daughter lost her sweater after we saw 'Up' and the theater was still too dark to see anything.
    You can actually see it in action at YouTube , but it's even more impressive to try it first hand, their trial is fully functional.
    Anyway, I'd love to hear what everyone else has found to do with this infinitely customizable app, cause it really redefines every single way I've used my Blackberry. I just found the 7-day free trial OTA link and fired it up, it looks crazy sharp and even slicker on the Tour's screen.
    I think I should ask for a free license for my Tour version, this post is damn near just a plug!
    07-15-09 12:37 PM
    Pretty cool app
    07-15-09 12:43 PM
    QuickLaunch is better.
    07-16-09 12:26 AM
    this post is damn near just a plug!
    Hey, that's just what I was thinking, you took the words right out of my mouth... ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 12:33 AM
    QuickLaunch is better.
    haha I second this..

The OP seems to be affiliated with shortcutme... Na.. couldn't be. or could it?
    07-16-09 12:36 AM
    I downloaded ShortcutMe's trial.
    It is really cool.

The weather feature is very good and impressively fast.

Do you know how the Bluetooth toggle works? I really love to be able to double click to toggle BT.
    07-16-09 09:41 AM
    QuickLaunch is better.
    Does QL have a trial version so that I can test it before I can decide what to buy?
    07-16-09 09:42 AM
    QuickLaunch is better.
    I third this lol... QL is definitely awesome
    07-16-09 09:48 AM
    I have both ShortcutMe and QuickLaunch.
    Both applications are good.

ShortcutMe is however faster and more powerful.

Doesn't matter if you like the fast way of just typing your shortcuts and launch your task or application, or the slow way of searching, selecting, clicking your shortcuts by browsing TB and clicking (like QuickLaunch), ShortcutMe serves you better.

Both Weather and Screen Capture feature of ShortcutMe is better than QuickLaunch.

ShortcutMe can toggle Bluetooth by multiple clicking the side keys, or by entering your own assigned shortcut. QL simply can't.

ShortcutMe can assign 6 application or tasks to the side keys. QL simply can't.

The list is long.
    07-16-09 11:59 AM
    I downloaded ShortcutMe's trial.
    It is really cool.

The weather feature is very good and impressively fast.

Do you know how the Bluetooth toggle works? I really love to be able to double click to toggle BT.
    Use the "Set Parameter ..." helper button when you create or edit a shortcut to see how you can set the parameters for Bluetooth_Toggle (and generally for any other application).
    07-19-09 08:55 PM
    For anyone besides me who was wondering if the ShortcutMe app works on the Tour, the answer is yes. I just wanted to be sure everyone else knew, because when I went to their site for the free trial, it didn't actually list the 96xx on the free trial download page, but it's the same as the 90xx version.
    I actually hesitated to even activate my Tour (I got it shipped by a friend at a Verizon store) until I confirmed that I could run ShortcutMe. It's been SO long since I didn't have it installed (has been on my Curve for quite some time) that I couldn't imagine having to go back to all of the scrolling and typing that I used to have to do.
    I guess since I'm in a typing mood, I'm going to also ask if anyone else has any awesome shortcut ideas for the app, I know there are a ton out there. I obviously use it all the time to start up every app on my phone (right convenience key > I type "P-A" for Pandora, WAY better than scrolling), and I also learned that I could also set shortcuts engage my password lock (I have that one set so that when I double-click my right key it locks, call me sneaky!). Then I read a post from someone going through how awesome it is to actually skip steps, like I can send a text to my wife in two seconds (convenience key > Alt-X-W), go to my DirecTV DVR website in two seconds (Alt-B-D), and open my daughter's softball league homepage in Opera superfast to see if we are rained out each day (Alt-O-S). Then someone else had posted about the fact that you can implement the convenience keys in the shortcuts, so now I have it set so that I click the right convenience key, then the left convenience key to bring up the flashlight,which was crazy useful when my daughter lost her sweater after we saw 'Up' and the theater was still too dark to see anything.
    You can actually see it in action at YouTube , but it's even more impressive to try it first hand, their trial is fully functional.
    Anyway, I'd love to hear what everyone else has found to do with this infinitely customizable app, cause it really redefines every single way I've used my Blackberry. I just found the 7-day free trial OTA link and fired it up, it looks crazy sharp and even slicker on the Tour's screen.
    I think I should ask for a free license for my Tour version, this post is damn near just a plug!
    Good to know that you like shortcutme and the speed it offers to launch your applications.

ShortcutMe has fully functional trial version because we want people to test the software before they buy it.

Ignore spammers.
    07-19-09 09:35 PM
    QuickLaunch is better.
    Not only QL does not have trial version, it is not even available for Tour.

Why do you write here on this thread?
    07-20-09 10:54 AM
    it will be in a few days.
    07-20-09 12:40 PM
    it will be in a few days.
    I checked many threads and now I know that you are the developer of QL, spamming your competitors thread with a product you don't have available. Even your "few days" response is for your beta testing and not for the public who want to test the program.

Hmmmm...
    07-21-09 12:00 PM
    All versions of QuickLaunch work on the Tour currently fyi. this is not a competitors thread. the OP was a 'regular' user
    therefore i am free to post here. if you want to talk about spamming i suggest you do a little research on the shortcutme guys.
    and in case you didnt notice the OP is actually a plant by the shortcutme ppl. they do it all the time.
    07-21-09 12:33 PM
    All versions of QuickLaunch work on the Tour currently fyi. this is not a competitors thread. the OP was a 'regular' user
    therefore i am free to post here. if you want to talk about spamming i suggest you do a little research on the shortcutme guys.
    and in case you didnt notice the OP is actually a plant by the shortcutme ppl. they do it all the time.
    Cheetah, you used to lie about ShortcutMe saying it was running in the background until you got caught.
    Now, you work hard on accusations until this thread gets closed by moderators as you did last time on the other thread about QuickLaunch flickering.

Regarding spamming and QL guys: Look at this (similar) thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/qu...h-tour-271602/

No ShortcutMe fans there.

Now, look at this thread and see yours and your bodies posts.

Stop doing that.
    Instead, concentrate on improving your product.
    07-21-09 02:20 PM
    That thread was closed because of your comments not mine.
    I could list all the spamming threads that shortcut does too but it's a waste of time. When you guys break the top 100 then we'll talk.
    I'm out.
    07-21-09 03:01 PM
    Cheetah, you used to lie about ShortcutMe saying it was running in the background until you got caught.
    Now, you work hard on accusations until this thread gets closed by moderators as you did last time on the other thread about QuickLaunch flickering.

Regarding spamming and QL guys: Look at this (similar) thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/qu...h-tour-271602/

No ShortcutMe fans there.

Now, look at this thread and see yours and your bodies posts.

Stop doing that.
    Instead, concentrate on improving your product.
    QL guys also spam beta testing threads for ShortcutMe, even when it is clearly stated that the thread is for ShortcutMe beta testers.

And also on threads opened by us about ShortcutMe:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/yo...onsive-257127/

Fully agree with you that they should concentrate on improving their product instead of spamming and spreading wrong info about their competitors.

Healthy competition is always good for users.
    07-21-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD