10,632 https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=484074&" /> Shortcutme on sale today only for $1.75 in cb app store!!! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Great app!!!one sale today only for $1.75!!
    06-16-10 07:18 AM
    What's the advantage of shortcutme over quicklaunch?
    06-16-10 11:02 AM
    nothing there the same!!!just depends on which one a person wants to use!!
    06-16-10 11:45 AM
    What's the advantage of shortcutme over quicklaunch?
    SCM has the ability to use your Alt-key in creating shortcuts. Before QL got updated, SCM had considerably more functionality because it could do multi-clicks and up to 3 letters in its shortcuts, whereas before QL could only do 1 letter. Today, QL can do multi-clicks of the convenience keys and allows up to 3 letters. I have tried SCM in the past but have always found QL easier to use and to be a much better interface with the rest of the BB OS. For example, with QL you feel like you're using a BB menu and not an app. But that's not to say that SCM doesn't have its advantages. You should try them out and judge for yourself. I am tempted to pick up SCM on sale, but I think QL meets my needs just fine. Like the other poster said, if you got one you really don't need the other because they do the same. Except QL doesn't use Alt-Key, so you'll get more shortcuts with SCM. I do like how with QL you don't have to waste a letter on the category like you do with SCM (unless future updates fixed that). For example, when I tried SCM earlier this year, you had to use a "W" first to identify your web shortcuts. With QL, I can just use "ES" for ESPN and "CB" for Crackberry, for example. I don't need to use "WES" and "WCB" as I would in SCM. I say, " To each his own" when it comes to deciding between SCM & QL. They are both very good and comprehensive shortcut apps. Getting SCM on sale, especially at a $1.75 can be a real bargain for non-QL users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 12:44 PM
    QL 4 Life!
    06-16-10 01:03 PM
    @ trjnberry,

Today (and since 1 year ago), ShortcutMe allows users to set "ES" as the shortcuts for ESPN and "CB" for Crackberry.

Setting "WES" for (Web page) ESPN and "WCB" for (Web page) CrackBerry is an additional option for those users who want to have categorized shortcuts so that when they select the category name, in this case W, ShortcutMe can show them all the shortcuts in that category.
    It is a feature many use to quickly find their shortcuts. If that feature is not appreciated users can always go back to the "ES" for ESPN.

See in the image below what happens when you click T (for Toggle shortcuts):

Last edited by Vijik; 06-23-10 at 03:29 AM.
    06-23-10 03:19 AM
    Just have to give my praise for ShortCutMe.

I was a user of QL, another good app. I tried out SCM, and stuck with it. My wife uses QL still (which is also none to shabby). I simply preferred SCM.

Very handy multi-click assignments for hard buttons, so I don't even need to see my screen to launch what I want quickly with no fuss.

Great app, and any questions, support, or feature requests etc, are answered / acknowledged very quickly, usually despite the day.

Cheers
    (No affiliation other than customer)
    06-23-10 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD