Hey guys,

The other day I was using ShortcutMe and realized that a shortcut to BBM's barcode scanner would come in really handy. Unfortunately, after some creative attempts, as far as I could tell it couldn't be done. So I emailed ShortcutMe support, and less than 24 hours later, Vijik sent me a link to a Beta version with this functionality added! Amazing customer service!

I just wanted to share this excellent experience with everyone and post the OTA Link for the Beta download. You'll see the barcode shortcut as BarcodeScanner_Invite. It's somewhat quirky, as the barcode scanner doesn't have it's own API, but it gets the job done.

Vijik tells me that it will work on all phones, both trackball and trackpad. I'm waiting to hear back as to whether users who don't currently have ShortcutMe will get a trial version (I'm guessing yes).

Update: it's not a trial version - only existing users can upgrade

Enjoy!
    Last edited by billyhoyle13; 08-25-10 at 11:27 AM. Reason: No trial version available.
    08-25-10 10:55 AM
    I also found ShortCutMe's customer service to be excellent and very quick.
    I am a new Torch owner and tried ShortcutMe, as Quicklaunch was not available yet.
    For anyone experiencing problems with Quicklaunch on the Torch, ShortcutMe is an excellent app that runs flawlessly (OS 6.0). I find it as good as (if not better than) Quicklaunch and there are no "bugs" with it either!!!
    08-25-10 02:22 PM
    yes, i am new to shortcut me and i too love their service and support, very quick and to ME more functional than QL
    08-25-10 02:24 PM
    If it's not a trial you should probably remove the link...
    08-25-10 06:34 PM
    ShortCutMe is by far the best app out there. Wouldn't be caught without it!
    08-25-10 06:50 PM
    i have it and love it, hope they said it ok to give that link out
    08-25-10 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD