5.8.1.2 has a new macro called SpSpaceKey.

Please try to see if it can switch to next screen on browsers.
    It allows me to move to the next screen within the Browser, but the cursor disappears (and I have no control of it from there). Any idea of how to regain control?
    08-30-11 07:38 AM
    It allows me to move to the next screen within the Browser, but the cursor disappears (and I have no control of it from there). Any idea of how to regain control?
    What if you run 'NavClick' after going to next page?

It is good news that it goes to next page using this new macro.
    FYI: most likely I will change the name of the 'SpSpaceKey' macro after we figure out how it works.
    I have plans to add macros for special key simulation for every existing key simulating macro.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 08:00 AM
    What if you run 'NavClick' after going to next page?

It is good news that it goes to next page using this new macro.
    FYI: most likely I will change the name of the 'SpSpaceKey' macro after we figure out how it works.
    I have plans to add macros for special key simulation for every existing key simulating macro.

NavClick forces the cursor to return as a select tool (not a pointer), but the NavMoveUp macro does not subsequently move the cursor.

Last edited by visortgw; 08-30-11 at 02:33 PM.
    08-30-11 08:32 AM
    @vijik: None of the beta links that I currently have point to v5.8.1.1. Could you please resend me the link that you are referencing? Thanks.
    Vijik, my Beta Link is not working either. Care to send it to me? Sorry. Or, let me know what page on the thread it is on?
    08-30-11 10:16 AM
    Vijik, my Beta Link is not working either. Care to send it to me? Sorry. Or, let me know what page on the thread it is on?
    Will send it to you in a minute.

08-30-11 04:03 PM
    NavClick forces the cursor to return as a select tool (not a pointer), but the NavMoveUp macro does not subsequently move the cursor.

Okay. I will then make new macros that let you simulate screen tap.

08-30-11 04:04 PM
    A new version of ShortcutMe, 5.8.1.3, is on the beta link ready to be downloaded.

5.8.1.3 has two new macros, 'ScreenTap' and 'IsCharging'.

ScreenTap simulates a tap on the screen at X,Y location.

IsCharging returns TRUE if the device is attached to a charger/USB port and the battery is getting charged.
    visortgw likes this.
    08-31-11 05:25 AM
    A new version of ShortcutMe, 5.8.1.3, is on the beta link ready to be downloaded.

IsCharging returns TRUE if the device is attached to a charger/USB port and the battery is getting charged.
    Thanks! Do the coordinates for ScreenTap refer to pixels? Which corner is "0,0"? Lower left?

08-31-11 05:40 AM
    Thanks! Do the coordinates for ScreenTap refer to pixels? Which corner is "0,0"? Lower left?

Yes, X and Y are in pixels.
    0,0 is upper left on BB OS

08-31-11 05:58 AM

@vijik: The ScreenTap macro appears to do the trick. I do need to invoke NavClick right after in order to select the text box.
    08-31-11 09:11 AM
    @vijik: The ScreenTap macro appears to do the trick. I do need to invoke NavClick right after in order to select the text box.
    Good.

Do you see any need for a new macro, 'ScreenDoubleTap'?

08-31-11 12:54 PM
    Here is the macro that I use to to log into BlackBerry� Beta Zone on my 9930 (OS v7) using the new SpSPACEKey and ScreenTap macros -- the NavClick macro appears to be necessary in order to select the text entry field for password entry:

Application Name: Browser
    Parameter: http://blackberry.com/beta
    Macros:
    Suspend; /* Wait for Browser to load page, and then hit convenience key to continue */

InjectDelay0;Delay100;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavMoveDown250;NavMoveLeft50;
    NavClick;

InjectDelay50;
    [email protected];

ESCKey;

SpSPACEKey; Delay100; /* Scroll to next screen in Browser */
    ScreenTap175,205; Delay100;
    NavClick; Delay100;

PasswordKey EncryptedXX...XX; /* Use PasswordKey to enter unencrypted password, and then encrypt in Macro Editor from menu /*
    Delay1000;
    ENTERKey;
    Last edited by visortgw; 08-31-11 at 03:21 PM.
    08-31-11 01:31 PM
    Good.

Do you see any need for a new macro, 'ScreenDoubleTap'?

Not so far...
    08-31-11 03:22 PM
    Vijik, would you be able to send me a beta link? I just purchased shortcut me and I was hoping on using it to quickly compose an sms. But I currently have the same problem as an earlier poster with it not prompting me to enter my contact's name. I believe that you said that the beta fixes this problem for os7? Thanks!

09-02-11 05:46 PM
    Vijik, would you be able to send me a beta link? I just purchased shortcut me and I was hoping on using it to quickly compose an sms. But I currently have the same problem as an earlier poster with it not prompting me to enter my contact's name. I believe that you said that the beta fixes this problem for os7? Thanks!

Sure.
    Send email to support at shortcutme dot com (mention what your crackberry username is)
    09-02-11 07:32 PM
    I have an OS 6 device and will soon move to an OS 7 device. If I purchase this today will it transfer to my new device running a new OS?
    09-03-11 10:12 PM
    @vijik: I noticed that over the weekend v5.8.1.4 was posted and now v5.8.1.5, both via the beta link. Can you please provide a quick summary of changes from v5.8.1.3?

Thanks!
    09-05-11 06:15 PM
    I have an OS 6 device and will soon move to an OS 7 device. If I purchase this today will it transfer to my new device running a new OS?
    ShortcutMe runs on BB OS 4.3+ (including 7).
    Yes, if you decide to buy it, you can later on switch your mobihand account (created for you when you buy an app from Mobihand & Channels) to OS 7 version and get both the new code and key.
    09-05-11 06:57 PM
    @vijik: I noticed that over the weekend v5.8.1.4 was posted and now v5.8.1.5, both via the beta link. Can you please provide a quick summary of changes from v5.8.1.3?

Thanks!
    Sure.

New in 5.8.1.4:

1- As requested 'KeyToSpKey' macro was added.
    Any 'Key' macro after 'KeyToSpKey' will execute as 'SpKey' macro.
    (This might be useful for those of you migrating to OS7 and experiencing that the 'Key' macro in your macro shortcuts from OS 6 doesn't work properly on OS7).

2- In Direct Launch part of SCM you can now enter more than just 3 characters.

New in 5.8.1.5:
    3- Removed a bug where 'Macros stopped by a remote Application' stayed even after ShortcutMe ran a new macro.

#1 is a solution suggested by gbsn in 'Handy ShortcutMe 5.0 Macros' thread. It solves the issues you reported earlier where 'Key' macro behaved differently on BB OS 7 comparing to earlier OS versions.
    visortgw likes this.
    09-05-11 07:01 PM
    Is there a way to hide the popup box?

Or anything resembling ShortcutMe launching in the background while being able to use its shortcuts.
    09-05-11 09:04 PM

Or anything resembling ShortcutMe launching in the background while being able to use its shortcuts.
    Like the whole GUI?
    09-05-11 10:24 PM

ShortcutMe is a 3rd party app and it is therefore limited to what BB OS offers it.
    BB OS doesn't allow an app to get notification about BB Home Screen hot keys while the app runs in the background.
    Hot keys can be used to launch an app on BBs, but they can't be used withing those apps.
    So, this is a limitation of the BB OS.

I have however written 2 apps that can directly launch a shortcut in ShortcutMe by either hitting a hotkey, a media key, an icon, and an BB menu item. Those apps are MediaKeyBooster and MyownIcons.

09-05-11 10:43 PM
    I understand that BB OS limit. It’s why I suggested hiding the popup box. Something for people who have memorized their shortcuts and want it to feel as if their shortcuts were default within the OS.

I purchased MyOwnIcon earlier today for that feature. Well worth the $2. Thanks for the quick reply. Cheers.
    Last edited by ONE618; 09-05-11 at 11:01 PM.
    09-05-11 10:59 PM
    Sure.

New in 5.8.1.4:

1- As requested 'KeyToSpKey' macro was added.
    Any 'Key' macro after 'KeyToSpKey' will execute as 'SpKey' macro.
    (This might be useful for those of you migrating to OS7 and experiencing that the 'Key' macro in your macro shortcuts from OS 6 doesn't work properly on OS7).

2- In Direct Launch part of SCM you can now enter more than just 3 characters.

New in 5.8.1.5:
    3- Removed a bug where 'Macros stopped by a remote Application' stayed even after ShortcutMe ran a new macro.

#1 is a solution suggested by gbsn in 'Handy ShortcutMe 5.0 Macros' thread. It solves the issues you reported earlier where 'Key' macro behaved differently on BB OS 7 comparing to earlier OS versions.
    Thanks! That should make the transition much easier.

Quick question... Does the KeyToSpKey macro affect all future key commands, or just the next one?
    09-06-11 07:26 AM
    Thanks! That should make the transition much easier.

Quick question... Does the KeyToSpKey macro affect all future key commands, or just the next one?
    It does effect all 'Key' macros in the same shortcut.
    In other words, everytime 'KeyToSpKey' is executed by macro engine for a shortcut, any 'Key' macro after that will be turned into 'SpKey' macro. This is true even if you run 'Suspend' or 'Prompt' macro.
    However when all macros in a shortcut are executed or when macros are interrupted by remote apps like MediaKeyBooster, the effect of the 'KeyToSpKey' is removed.

09-06-11 01:07 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD