Edit: ShortcutMe 5.8.1.1 is now released. It runs on 9850/9860, 9900/9930, and 9350/9360/9370 models (BB OS 7).

With that, it means it runs on every single BB model (only except the old BBs with wheel on the side) running any BB OS since 4.3 (including OS 7)

The macros, Auto Schedule Launch, Custom System Menu settings are all intact and ready to rock on 9850/9860.

9850/9860 users can specially enjoy (virtual) Keypad Stroke Launching, Swipe to Edit, and Swipe to Switch feature of Shortcutme (see below the image for more info).

**ShortcutMe is %20 off today**

About ShortcutMe:

New in ShortcutMe 5.7.1.0:

- Runs on BB OS 7

- Added NFC_Toggle function. (all other toggle features are intact and functional, but thanks to macros in ShortcutMe you can always make your own toggle functions or correct them if they are toggling the wrong item)

- Added GetTime macro GetTime returns device clock. It can be used to control the flow in your macros based on time of the day

- Keypad Stroke Launching You can now launch your shortcuts just by moving finger on the virtual keypad, a very quick and convenient way of launching shortcuts.

- Swipe to Switch You can now swipe your finger (top of the BB screen) toward left to switch between ShortcutMe views (Main menu, Direct launch, Stroke View, MultiClick View).

- Swipe to Edit You can now swipe your finger (on a shortcut) towards right to open Edit page for that shortcut.

- Launch shortcuts by multiple clicking a media key A shortcut in ShortcutMe 5.7 can be launched directly by multiple clicking a
    media key if you have MediaKeyBooster app.

- True One Click Shortcut Launch A shortcut in ShortcutMe 5.7 can be launched directly by entering a hot key on BB Home Screen if you have MyOwnIcons application.

- Send macro shortcuts and Screenshots to BBM contacts.
    After writing a macro shortcut or after taking a screenshot, you can send them to your contacts on BBM. This function doesn't work after the last test I did last night, so I have pulled it off on this version, but it will be fixed and made available in next free to upgrade version.

If you have switched to 9900,9300, 9810, 9850, or 9860 contact the store you bought ShortcutMe from and ask them to switch your account to ShortcutMe for your device.
    Last edited by Vijik; 08-29-11 at 09:33 PM.
    08-20-11 04:42 PM
    @vijik: I have discovered an issue on my 9930 when trying to navigate between text input fields on a Browser page. The issue is that if the next field is not in the visible window of the display, I cannot find a way to scroll to the next page in order to access the field in order to enter data. On my 9630 (OS v6), the NavMoveDown macro worked, but it does not in OS v7.

FYI, I am trying to enter username and password for BlackBerry Beta Zone (http://blackberry.com/beta).

9930/OS v7.0.0.254
    SCM 5.8.1.0

(UPDATE: If I manually enter a space key after the macro finishes running, the Browser moves to the next screen. Using a SPACEKey macro does nothing. Any possibility of adding a PageDown macro?

Temporary work-around (aka "kludge") shown below.)
    __________________________________________________ ____

Application Name: Browser
    Parameter: http://blackberry.com/beta

Suspend;

/* WAIT FOR BETA ZONE HOMEPAGE TO LOAD, AND THEN MANUALLY RESUME MACRO */

InjectDelay0;Delay100;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavMoveDown250;NavMoveLeft50;
    NavClick;

InjectDelay100;
    [email protected];

InjectDelay0;
    ESCKey;

Vibrate50;
    Suspend;

/* MANUALLY ENTER SPACE FROM KEYBOARD TO PAGE DOWN, AND THEN MANUALLY RESUME MACRO */

NavMoveUp500;Delay100;
    NavMoveDown190;Delay100;
    NavClick;Delay100;

InjectDelay100;
    PasswordKeyXXXXXXXX;
    Delay100;
    ENTERKey;
    Last edited by visortgw; 08-26-11 at 08:43 AM.
    08-26-11 07:48 AM
    @vijik: I reported a while back that an attempt to encrypt passwords essentially locks the device -- it appears that it consumes all device resources but never completes. This first occurred on my 9650 with OS v6, and it continues with the 9930 with OS v7.0.0.254.

Can you take a look at this now that your port to OS v7 is essentially complete?
    08-26-11 08:28 AM
    Visortgw,

Thank you for reporting this issue with NavMoveDown macros on the OS 7 browser.

I will add new macros that will hopefully handle this issue that is a result of the BB OS/browser change.
    I will get back to you on this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 09:53 AM
    @vijik: I reported a while back that an attempt to encrypt passwords essentially locks the device -- it appears that it consumes all device resources but never completes. This first occurred on my 9650 with OS v6, and it continues with the 9930 with OS v7.0.0.254.

Can you take a look at this now that your port to OS v7 is essentially complete?
    First of all, have you upgraded to 5.8.1.0 that was released about 9 hours ago?

I can't regenerate this issue. Let me know what you do to encrypt password.

08-26-11 09:55 AM
    First of all, have you upgraded to 5.8.1.0 that was released about 9 hours ago?

I can't regenerate this issue. Let me know what you do to encrypt password.

Yes, I upgraded to v5.8.1.0 first thing this morning -- I received notification from MobiHand overnight.

I have never had the encryption function work for me, but I may not understand the correct procedure. If I am in the SCM Macro Editor for a macro that contains the PasswordKey macro, I select Encrypt Passwords from the application menu. At this point, I cannot move the cursor, and the hourglass comes and goes -- control never appears to return (I wait more than a reasonable amount of time (i.e., minutes) for it to complete), and eventually I am forced to reboot the device. Is there something different that I need to do?
    08-26-11 11:20 AM
    Vijik, the update looks great. Thanks.
    08-26-11 12:55 PM
    Vijik, the update looks great. Thanks.
    On 3.8.1.0 you can set color of the SCM's main page and also you can disable drawing the header of the SCM's main page

visortgw likes this.
    08-26-11 01:11 PM
    Yes, I upgraded to v5.8.1.0 first thing this morning -- I received notification from MobiHand overnight.

I have never had the encryption function work for me, but I may not understand the correct procedure. If I am in the SCM Macro Editor for a macro that contains the PasswordKey macro, I select Encrypt Passwords from the application menu. At this point, I cannot move the cursor, and the hourglass comes and goes -- control never appears to return (I wait more than a reasonable amount of time (i.e., minutes) for it to complete), and eventually I am forced to reboot the device. Is there something different that I need to do?
    Try this:
    Write and finish your macros on MacroEditor after using plain passwords in front of the PasswordKey.
    Then before saving the macro or exiting Macro Editor, hit BB key and select Encrypt Passwords, then save and exit MacroEditor.
    Does this help?

08-26-11 01:14 PM
    I have done both set color of the SCM main page and disable drawing the header. Great addition!
    Last edited by visortgw; 08-26-11 at 01:24 PM.
    08-26-11 01:16 PM
    Try this:
    Write and finish your macros on MacroEditor after using plain passwords in front of the PasswordKey.
    Then before saving the macro or exiting Macro Editor, hit BB key and select Encrypt Passwords, then save and exit MacroEditor.
    Does this help?

Are you saying to enter "XXXXXXXXPasswordKey" when you mention using plain passwords in front of the PasswordKey?
    08-26-11 01:26 PM
    Are you saying to enter "XXXXXXXXPasswordKey" when you mention using plain passwords in front of the PasswordKey?
    No.

Please make a shortcut like the below. And then open it for edit, open MacroEditor, hit BB key, and select 'Encrypt Passwords'

--AppName: Macro
    --Parameter:
    --Macros: MenuKey;PasswordKeyTestPW;
    --Display Name: EncryptTest
    --Shortcut Chars: TST
    --Strokes:
    --Color: Default

visortgw likes this.
    08-26-11 01:31 PM
    No.

Please make a shortcut like the below. And then open it for edit, open MacroEditor, hit BB key, and select 'Encrypt Passwords'

--AppName: Macro
    --Parameter:
    --Macros: MenuKey;PasswordKeyTestPW;
    --Display Name: EncryptTest
    --Shortcut Chars: TST
    --Strokes:
    --Color: Default

Once again,THANK YOU! That completed instantaneously! I copied the encrypted password string from the test macro and pasted it into the real macro -- it authenticated correctly. I saved the test macro (entitled Encryptor) in the event that I need it in the future before this is resolved.

Not sure why it didn't complete for the original macro though...
    Last edited by visortgw; 08-26-11 at 02:23 PM.
    08-26-11 01:50 PM
    That completed instantaneously! I copied the encrypted password string from the test macro and pasted it into the real macro -- it authenticated correctly. I saved the test macro (entitled Encryptor) in the event that I need it in the future before this is resolved.

Strip down all the personal info you have in the shortcut that doesn't work with Encrypt Password, replace the real password with dummy passwords, then send the shortcut to support at shortcutme dot com.

I will then run the debugger and find out why Encrypt Password fails for that shortcut.

08-26-11 02:23 PM
    Strip down all the personal info you have in the shortcut that doesn't work with Encrypt Password, replace the real password with dummy passwords, then send the shortcut to support at shortcutme dot com.

I will then run the debugger and find out why Encrypt Password fails for that shortcut.

Done! It's essentially the macro from earlier in the thread.
    08-26-11 02:40 PM
    Vijik, take a look at the pic. This is what I am getting when I launch a generic SMS. There is no way to type in a contact.
    08-27-11 02:48 PM
    Once again,THANK YOU! That completed instantaneously! I copied the encrypted password string from the test macro and pasted it into the real macro -- it authenticated correctly. I saved the test macro (entitled Encryptor) in the event that I need it in the future before this is resolved.

Thank you for sending the macro to me.

I made a new version (5.8.1.1) that should solve the issue on your macro. Please go to the beta link (the link used in discussion on 'Handy ShortcutMe 5.0 Macro' thread) and upgrade to that and let me know if the issue is solved or not.
    08-28-11 10:45 PM
    Vijik, take a look at the pic. This is what I am getting when I launch a generic SMS. There is no way to type in a contact.
    Does it work if you have a phone number in the Parameter field of that shortcut?
    08-28-11 10:47 PM

I made a new version (5.8.1.1) that should solve the issue on your macro. Please go to the beta link (the link used in discussion on 'Handy ShortcutMe 5.0 Macro' thread) and upgrade to that and let me know if the issue is solved or not.
    @vijik: None of the beta links that I currently have point to v5.8.1.1. Could you please resend me the link that you are referencing? Thanks.
    08-29-11 07:18 AM
    @vijik: None of the beta links that I currently have point to v5.8.1.1. Could you please resend me the link that you are referencing? Thanks.
    Will send the link in a minute.

08-29-11 08:33 AM
    Does it work if you have a phone number in the Parameter field of that shortcut?
    Yes, it works if you plug a phone number into the parameter.

08-29-11 08:39 AM
    Yes, it works if you plug a phone number into the parameter.

5.8.1.2 is now on the beta link.

Please upgrade and let me know if the Msg_SMS issue is solved or not (When MSG_SMS is launched without parameter it should allow you to enter receivers phone number).

Those of you who have a BB running OS 7, make sure that you select the right link (on the beta site) for OS7.
    08-29-11 08:54 PM

v5.8.1.1 resolved this issue for me. Thanks!

Now, I see that v5.8.1.2 has been posted. ;-)

08-29-11 09:06 PM
    @vijik: I have discovered an issue on my 9930 when trying to navigate between text input fields on a Browser page. The issue is that if the next field is not in the visible window of the display, I cannot find a way to scroll to the next page in order to access the field in order to enter data. On my 9630 (OS v6), the NavMoveDown macro worked, but it does not in OS v7.

(UPDATE: If I manually enter a space key after the macro finishes running, the Browser moves to the next screen. Using a SPACEKey macro does nothing. Any possibility of adding a PageDown macro?

5.8.1.2 has a new macro called SpSpaceKey.

Please try to see if it can switch to next screen on browsers.
    08-29-11 09:23 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.8.1.0 runs now also on new BB Curves (9350, 9360, and 9370).
    08-29-11 09:36 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD