For those of you running BB 7+ on a BB with touch screen:

6.1.3.5 is available for download from ShortcutMe>BB key > Updates

New in 6.1.3.5:

- Added Resize menu item for the weather icon. Width of the weather icon decides the font size used for the shown weather info. I had to add this as 3 users reported sudden font size change in their weather icon in ShortcutMe.

- Setting the weather app to have right alignment will now also cause the Current and Today weather icon to align correctly.

- 'MemoPad' can now launch MemoPad if it is already running.[/B]

'Memopad_New' doesn't work on OS 7. Use 'MemoPad' + macros to open a new memo.

Something is changed in the latest versions of BB OS and that appears to have broken the some APIs for opening a new Memo.
    @vijik: It appears that the "random size" issue associated with the weather icon has returned with this update. I set the font size as I wanted -- some time later the weather icon and associated font appear either small or large.
    05-29-12 08:07 AM
    For those of you running BB 7+ on a BB with touch screen:

6.1.3.5 is available for download from ShortcutMe>BB key > Updates

New in 6.1.3.5:

- Added Resize menu item for the weather icon. Width of the weather icon decides the font size used for the shown weather info. I had to add this as 3 users reported sudden font size change in their weather icon in ShortcutMe.

- Setting the weather app to have right alignment will now also cause the Current and Today weather icon to align correctly.

- 'MemoPad' can now launch MemoPad if it is already running.[/B]

'Memopad_New' doesn't work on OS 7. Use 'MemoPad' + macros to open a new memo.

Something is changed in the latest versions of BB OS and that appears to have broken the some APIs for opening a new Memo.
    6.1.3.5 is removed from server due a menu freezing issue.
    If anyone has upgraded (SCM>BB Key>Updates) to that version and experiencing the freezing issue, either downgrade to 6.1.3.3 from SCM>BB Key>Updates, or delete SCM, download 6.1.3.0 from App World and then upgrade to 6.1.3.3 from SCM>BB Key > Updates.

As soon as I fix this bug plus the bug visortgw reported, 6.1.3.5 will be available again from Updates menu option in SCM.
    05-29-12 10:45 AM
    6.1.3.5 is back on the server again. The freezing bug and Weather font bug are gone on my BB. Hopefully that is the case on all BBs (with touch screen running BB OS 7+).

If you already have 6.1.3.5, or if you have an earlier version, use Updates menu option in SCM to install the new 6.1.3.5
    05-29-12 12:10 PM
    6.1.3.6 is available for download from ShortcutMe > BB key > Updates

Weather Icon font is now only resized when resizing stops and not all the time as in 6.1.3.5.
    05-30-12 11:38 AM
    3 users had problem with changing the font size for the weather app.

So to avoid others getting the same misunderstanding:

Weather Icon font can be resized if you select "Resize Item" menu item for the Weather Icon (SCM Home Screen > BB Key > "Setup Home Screen > "Weather Icon"), and change the width of the shown box. The Height of the box doesn't effect the font size, only the width of the box!

The above statement is valid for ShortcutMe 6.1.3.6
    05-31-12 05:29 AM
    I do nag. Hopefully that is an easy thing to fix not needing a huge change in the App World servers.

I know it is a problem with those who don't have Paypal account.
    The only thing I can offer them is another app from Fonware costing close to $2 (the money I would refund them for the extra money they pay for the upgrade).
    As oppose to offering another app, how about another sale of ShortcutMe with price of $1.99 so those that want to upgrade from version 5 will see $1.99 price tag (as long as App World doesn't screw it up)?

This could be a win-win situation. Customers that want to upgrade to the latest version can at $1.99 (the correct upgrade price) and new customers can get a great app for a great price. The developer will have a new customer base.
    06-01-12 01:29 PM
    As oppose to offering another app, how about another sale of ShortcutMe with price of $1.99 so those that want to upgrade from version 5 will see $1.99 price tag (as long as App World doesn't screw it up)?

This could be a win-win situation. Customers that want to upgrade to the latest version can at $1.99 (the correct upgrade price) and new customers can get a great app for a great price. The developer will have a new customer base.
    Good idea, but there are some issues preventing me to drop the price that low.
    06-07-12 07:05 AM
    ShortcutMe 6.2 for all BB models running OS 4.7+ (and 6.1.2.100 for OS 4.3+ to 4.6) will be released today on App World.

This new version brings all the latest changes and bug fixes to all BB models running any BB OS (4.3+), in addition to have a new super macro called 'SearchAndRun'.

(Super macros are hardcoded macro sets used to ease up common used tasks.
    'CloseOptions' is one of the super macros that will close BB Options regardless of what sub page is opened in BB Options. Very useful for macros which rely on starting on the main page of BB Options)

This new version will be free to upgrade to for all ShortcutMe 6 owners.
    06-07-12 07:21 AM
    ShortcutMe 6.2 for all BB models running OS 4.7+ (and 6.1.2.100 for OS 4.3+ to 4.6) will be released today on App World.

This new version brings all the latest changes and bug fixes to all BB models running any BB OS (4.3+), in addition to have a new super macro called 'SearchAndRun'.

(Super macros are hardcoded macro sets used to ease up common used tasks.
    'CloseOptions' is one of the super macros that will close BB Options regardless of what sub page is opened in BB Options. Very useful for macros which rely on starting on the main page of BB Options)

This new version will be free to upgrade to for all ShortcutMe 6 owners.
    Will this be available OTA via the Updates feature in SCM? Thanks!
    06-07-12 12:35 PM
    Will this be available OTA via the Updates feature in SCM? Thanks!
    Eventually yes.
    Why, you don't have access to App World?
    06-07-12 10:09 PM
    Eventually yes.
    Why, you don't have access to App World?
    I do, but you know...
    06-07-12 10:44 PM
    Vijik there is a problem with this download in App World. When I upgrade from 6.1.2.5 to 6.2, App World installs 5.6.6.0. App World shows v.6.2 installed, but ShortcutMe's about page shows 5.6.6.0. I kept wondering why my license key is suddenly invalid. Anyway I'm using OS 5 (till Monday ).
    06-08-12 12:57 AM
    Vijik there is a problem with this download in App World. When I upgrade from 6.1.2.5 to 6.2, App World installs 5.6.6.0. App World shows v.6.2 installed, but ShortcutMe's about page shows 5.6.6.0. I kept wondering why my license key is suddenly invalid. Anyway I'm using OS 5 (till Monday ).
    What BB model do you have?

What BB OS do you run?
    06-08-12 05:29 AM
    What BB model do you have?

What BB OS do you run?
    It's an 8530, OS 5.
    Vijik likes this.
    06-08-12 06:56 AM
    It is an issue with App World serving the old code (ShortcutMe 5) to ShortcutMe 6 users. Yet another App World glitch that will result in massive support emails when the downloaded code (version 5) doesn't work with the license key for version 6.

Those of you who have upgraded to ShortcutMe 6.2 from App World, but have received ShortcutMe 5, please open the post below, find the proper link for your BB model, download version 6 from there.
    Then after installing version 6, open ShortcutMe, hit BB/menu key and select "Updates" to update to the latest working version of ShortcutMe 6.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/#post7311380

A newer version (6.2.0.1) is submitted to App World. That version should be available within few days and hopefully, by then App World has fixed the problem.
    hornlovah likes this.
    06-08-12 07:16 AM
    When I try to update thru update option in app itself it says version 6.1 and also I don't don't see SCM in my world in installed section but its in uninstalled and when I try to reinstall frm uninstalled apps it shows me to replace version 6.1 to 6.2 but after finishing download it gives me msg like there was some problem please try again. First of all why it shows in uninstalled apps wch in fact I bought frm app world and installed frm there. I have bold 9900 running OS 7.1.0.267.
    06-08-12 02:17 PM
    No problems with 6.1.3 > 6.2 upgrade in AppWorld...However, now 'Profiles' and 'Profile_Selector' do not work. 6.2 launches 'Profiles' after 10 seconds (unexpected) and just sits there on the screen waiting for user input (unexpected). Alt + Shift + DEL, battery pull, still no go. All was well with 6.1.3, no other software changes made in between the two installs. 9900 on 7.0.0.576.
    06-08-12 02:34 PM
    When I try to update thru update option in app itself it says version 6.1 and also I don't don't see SCM in my world in installed section but its in uninstalled and when I try to reinstall frm uninstalled apps it shows me to replace version 6.1 to 6.2 but after finishing download it gives me msg like there was some problem please try again. First of all why it shows in uninstalled apps wch in fact I bought frm app world and installed frm there. I have bold 9900 running OS 7.1.0.267.
    If you have a newer version of an app (ShortcutMe or any other app), App World doesn't show that app in My World of App World.

I have contacted App World to fix the problem (App World serving version 5 of ShortcutMe instead of the new version, 6.2). Maybe they have done some changes that has caused "there was soome problem with the download, please try again" error.

If you follow the instructions in my last post above, you can upgrade to the latest version before 6.2
    06-08-12 05:01 PM
    No problems with 6.1.3 > 6.2 upgrade in AppWorld...However, now 'Profiles' and 'Profile_Selector' do not work. 6.2 launches 'Profiles' after 10 seconds (unexpected) and just sits there on the screen waiting for user input (unexpected). Alt + Shift + DEL, battery pull, still no go. All was well with 6.1.3, no other software changes made in between the two installs. 9900 on 7.0.0.576.
    What version number do you see in About page of ShortcutMe?
    06-08-12 05:03 PM
    About > ShortcutMe_Touch Ver: 6.2.0.0_OS7_T
    Last edited by adamlau; 06-08-12 at 06:40 PM.
    06-08-12 06:38 PM
    About > ShortcutMe_Touch Ver: 6.2.0.0_OS7_T
    You have got the latest version.
    Good to know that, App World, at least, does its job correctly once in a while!

Just go to Common Config page and hit "Set App Permissions" to get Profile and Profile_Selector to work again.
    06-08-12 09:47 PM
    Wiped and upgraded to 7.1.0.437 and all is almost well. FYI, Profile_Selector works, but it is slow. Slow as in you can see it hanging. Very odd, everything else is A-OK...
    Last edited by adamlau; 06-08-12 at 11:24 PM.
    06-08-12 10:54 PM
    Any plans to integrate a camera mute feature into SCM?
    06-09-12 01:09 AM
    Wiped and upgraded to 7.1.0.437 and all is almost well. FYI, Profile_Selector works, but it is slow. Slow as in you can see it hanging. Very odd, everything else is A-OK...
    Good that it works now.

It is a delay associated with the Profile_Selector function. The delay is there so that the function works even on very slow BB models. I will reduce it for 99xx models, but in the mean time, you can override and set that delay to something that is proper for your BB:

AppName: Profile_Selector
    Parameter: 2;300

(the first parameter, 2, is the item you want to select, while the other one, 300, is the delay in milli seconds. The lower the delay is the faster the function becomes)
    gtamhankar likes this.
    06-09-12 08:05 AM
    Any plans to integrate a camera mute feature into SCM?
    Currently I have no plans for adding that. Sorry.

(If I get time, I will consider adding it)
    Last edited by Vijik; 06-09-12 at 10:03 AM.
    06-09-12 08:12 AM
544 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD