I'm having a problem with global variables. Not sure if it's from OS and app version updates, or if I'm just using the wrong syntax.
    Here's a test macro I made:

SetGlobal %test1;
    ShowVar Set;

When I run it I get an Error message that says "Error reading value for Set Macro! (SetGlobal %test1)

Device:9930
    SCM: 6.1.1.2_OS7_T
    04-24-12 09:22 AM
    I'm having a problem with global variables. Not sure if it's from OS and app version updates, or if I'm just using the wrong syntax.
    Here's a test macro I made:

SetGlobal %test1;
    ShowVar Set;

When I run it I get an Error message that says "Error reading value for Set Macro! (SetGlobal %test1)

Device:9930
    SCM: 6.1.1.2_OS7_T
    Set and SetGlobal macros require that you set a variable to a value.

Try this instead:

SetGlobal %test2= 56;
    GetGlobal %test2;
    Show $$Result;
    abstrayer likes this.
    04-24-12 09:58 AM
    Thanks Vijik

I've been using globals to monitor bedside mode and convenience key settings. They stopped working one day, and apparently I screwed up my test attempt.
    All better now.
    04-24-12 10:33 AM
    Edit: It was an issue with mobihand and I had to pull the ShortcutMe from that store (5 minutes after the new release was uploaded) until the problem is solved by mobihand support. Stay tuned.

ShortcutMe 6.1.2.0 is now released on mobihand & channels.

Upgrade fee (from ShortcutMe 5 series) is $1.99

(For those of you who already have 6.1.1.2: This new version on Mobihand is not much different than what you have)
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-25-12 at 05:42 AM.
    04-25-12 05:11 AM
    Edit: It was an issue with mobihand and I had to pull the ShortcutMe from that store (5 minutes after the new release was uploaded) until the problem is solved by mobihand support. Stay tuned.

ShortcutMe 6.1.2.0 is now released on mobihand & channels.

Upgrade fee (from ShortcutMe 5 series) is $1.99

(For those of you who already have 6.1.1.2: This new version on Mobihand is not much different than what you have)
    Yup ... was just in the process of posting the problem. Here is my experience:

1. Had SCM version 5.x.x on a bb Bold 9700 with OS 6

2. Went into Mobihand and was presented with a FREE upgrade choice, which I accepted.

3. Downloaded and battery pulled. I was never asked For $$$$$$

4. Of course now I don't have the current scm 6 license key. (can't find a way to buy)

5. So now I have lost SCM 5 and do not have a working SCM.

I have emailed Mobihand tech support.

Life is NOT good with no SCM.......

What do I do now???
    edyputra likes this.
    04-25-12 06:26 AM
    @B4me,

Don't worry. Please send email to support at shortcutme dot com.
    B4me likes this.
    04-25-12 06:48 AM
    @B4me,

Don't worry. Please send email to support at shortcutme dot com.
    Normally, when I get an email from a developer that says 'don't worry' ... I worry!

But this is NOT the case with Vijik!

I encountered a problem at about 6:30am posted to CB and Vijik responded.

I use SCM for business presentations with the PB... Great on big screen with HDMI and I refer a lot of folks to SCM when they ask "how did you do that so fast?"

I was about to start canceling meetings for the day (no SCM....no meeting) .... When Vijik said "don't worry".

Well, a few emails later and I am up and running, thanks to the extreme support from Vijik.

It is this kind of 'extra mile' support, coupled with a fantastic product and all you helpful folks at the CB forums that keeps SCM the number one choice in my book.

Thank you All!
    dimm0k and visortgw like this.
    04-25-12 08:06 AM
    Today App World approved ShortcutMe 6.1.1.99 (for all BB models running BB OS 4.3.x - 4.6.x), and ShortcutMe 6.1.2.0 for all BB models running BB OS 4.7.x to 7.x

These versions have all the latest changes that were added in the versions available from the 'Updates', plus the followings:

- Help screen (SCM>BB Key>Help) has a button to get the user directly to the ShortcutMe's Frequently Asked Questions page.

- "Set App Permissions" button in Common Config page also sets permission for using Wifi (ShortcutMe 6.1.2.0+ is able to use Wifi for any of it's functions that requires a network connection).

If you own ShortcutMe 6, this upgrade should be free. Don't pay for an upgrade if App World asks you so.

If you don't own ShortcutMe 6, this upgrade should show up with a $1.99 upgrade fee. If App World, by mistake, shows the full price (currently $3.99), App World support team will fix it if they know your BlackBerry ID (you can email (support at shortcutme dot com) your BlackBerry ID and I forward it to them.
    TomCanuck and edyputra like this.
    04-26-12 06:19 AM
    Any idea when the mobihand updates will arrive. I know you mentioned that last week.

Its killing me that I cannot use V6 yet.

Cheers.
    04-26-12 08:38 AM
    Any idea when the mobihand updates will arrive. I know you mentioned that last week.

Cheers.
    IMHO....I would suggest you Wait.....or else you may lose SCM version 5 and not have an activation key for ver 6 (see above posts)

Email from Mobihand tech support says "they are working on the problem".
    04-26-12 10:43 AM

Cheers.
    I agree with what B4me wrote.
    However since you have been a good ShortcutMe fan for a long time, and since the mobihand issue is still not solved, I offer to move your account to App World:
    If you want to be moved to App World store, please email me (support at shortcutme dot com) your email address assosiated with your mobihand account, and your Paypal email address (I need this to refund the money you pay extra to get SCM from App World).
    04-26-12 10:54 AM
    Would it be possible for you to add another macro to return a Boolean value whether IsWiFiConnected or not? Currently, IsWiFiOn only tests to determine if the wifi radio is on -- it does not test whether the device is actually connected to a wifi network. I am trying to "smartly" set a delay to allow a webpage to load before proceeding, using a different value for cellular vs wifi network. Unfortunately, I don't believe that there is a way for SCM to determine if the webpage has completed loading (I had requested this a while back as an enhancement if it was possible).

(Edit: Another thought on the webpage loading... If the page is still loading, Stop exists in the menu, but it is removed once the page is completely loaded. Does this help?)
    Last edited by visortgw; 04-26-12 at 03:53 PM.
    04-26-12 03:48 PM
    @visortgw,
    Have you tried 'HasWifiConnection' macro? It should return TRUE if the device has a wifi network connection.

The menu items in another program (than ShortcutMe where the maros run in) are not available. So, the 'Stop' menu item can't be detected.
    04-26-12 04:02 PM
    @visortgw,
    Have you tried 'HasWifiConnection' macro? It should return TRUE if the device has a wifi network connection.

The menu items in another program (than ShortcutMe where the maros run in) are not available. So, the 'Stop' menu item can't be detected.
    I missed that one! ;-)

Unfortunately, HasWifiConnection appears to work identically the same way as IsWiFiOn for my device, detecting only whether or not the wifi radio is on.
    04-26-12 04:16 PM
    Confirming problem found by visortgw.

BB 9700 Bold OS 6 SCM version 6.1.2.0

Test: BB WiFi turned on and network WiFi turned off:

Both IsWiFiOn AND HasWiFiConnection BOTH return true.
    04-26-12 05:27 PM
    Thanks for letting me know.
    I will soon fix 'HasWifiConnection' macro.
    04-26-12 06:16 PM
    @vijik: App World notified me this morning that v6.1.2.1 was available for download. What fixes or enhancements does the new version provide?
    04-27-12 06:40 AM
    @vijik: App World notified me this morning that v6.1.2.1 was available for download. What fixes or enhancements does the new version provide?
    6.1.2.1 has a fix for a minor bug found in 6.1.2.0

I am working on a new version (6.1.2.2) with a fix for HasWifiConnection macro, and with a new macro called 'GetDayOfWeek'.
    I assume that one will be available today.
    04-27-12 06:46 AM
    6.1.2.1 has a fix for a minor bug found in 6.1.2.0

I am working on a new version (6.1.2.2) with a fix for HasWifiConnection macro, and with a new macro called 'GetDayOfWeek'.
    I assume that one will be available today.
    Don't make any assumptions when App World is involved!
    04-27-12 06:49 AM
    Don't make any assumptions when App World is involved!

Please use Updates menu item in SCM to upgrade to 6.1.2.2 and see if 'HasWifiConnection' macro is working as it should.
    04-27-12 07:20 AM

Please use Updates menu item in SCM to upgrade to 6.1.2.2 and see if 'HasWifiConnection' macro is working as it should.
    I verified that HasWifiConnection returns false when wifi is on, but there is no connection to a wifi network. I won't be able to confirm that it returns true when there is a valid connection until I am home later today (I don't have wifi access at my current location).
    04-27-12 07:45 AM
    Vijik:

Was going to test HasWifiConnection but ...... SCM version is not there

Is SCM version 6.1.2.2 from scm updates menu only available for os 7

Because when I try to update, the latest scm version I am offered is 6.1.1.0

Currently have 6.1.2.0
    04-27-12 07:54 AM
    Just throwing this out there... Running. 6.1.2.2_OS7_T on 9900/7.1.0.402 (to show updates worked for OS 7.1)

As for HasWifiConnection. I didn't even notice it was broken. I have no WiFi right now, but I'll scope it out once I'm home (about an hour and a half)
    04-27-12 07:58 AM
    Vijik:

Was going to test HasWifiConnection but ...... SCM version is not there

Is SCM version 6.1.2.2 from scm updates menu only available for os 7

Because when I try to update, the latest scm version I am offered is 6.1.1.0

Currently have 6.1.2.0
    I just built 6.1.2.2 for non touch BBs running BB OS 4.7+, 5.x, and 6.x
    So please try again and see if you can get 6.1.2.2 on your 9700.
    04-27-12 09:08 AM
    6.1.2.2 also has a new macro called 'GetDayOfWeek'.

It should return day of week ('01' for Monday, ... , and '07' for Sunday).
    TomCanuck likes this.
    04-27-12 09:13 AM
544 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD