Need to know how to get SCM 5 back - stuck with 6 installed now and a 5 licence key?
    If you uninstall then App World should give you whatever version you paid for, no? And then tell you about the upgrade
    04-17-12 11:17 AM
    Need to know how to get SCM 5 back - stuck with 6 installed now and a 5 licence key?
    Isn't the newer version better than SCM 5 ?? I haven't upgraded yet !!
    04-17-12 11:33 AM
    Isn't the newer version better than SCM 5 ?? I haven't upgraded yet !!
    Very much so. But it's not a free upgrade, so there'll always be people who don't want to pony up the cash. The rate fonware pumps out free upgrades makes it a nobrainer for me to cough up the small fee this time though hah.
    04-17-12 11:51 AM
    If you uninstall then App World should give you whatever version you paid for, no? And then tell you about the upgrade
    work as you said it would, happily back at 5 thank you ever so muchly
    04-17-12 01:38 PM
    @paulsdv,
    That is a good news.

I have 3 other users who have by mistake downloaded SCM 6 from the links I have provided but they reported that they could not get SCM 5 to run (SCM 5 was throwing an exception and exited) even after they deleted SCM 6.
    Currently I don't have a solution for those with that situation (or I thought I didn't have until I saw your post).

When I got your PM I was afraid you would end up with the same error.

Anyway, for the record, please let me know what version of SCM 5 you run after deleting the SCM 6 (I need to let those 3 know).

Thanks.
    04-17-12 01:58 PM
    @paulsdv,

That is a good news.

I have 3 other users who have by mistake downloaded SCM 6 from the links I have provided but they reported that they could not get SCM 5 to run (SCM 5 was throwing an exception and exited) even after they deleted SCM 6.

Currently I don't have a solution for those with that situation (or I thought I didn't have until I saw your post).

When I got your PM I was afraid you would end up with the same error.

Anyway, for the record, please let me know what version of SCM 5 you run after deleting the SCM 6 (I need to let those 3 know).

Thanks.

hi Vijik,

very glad was getting quite frustrated without my SCM!

the steps i took was to delete 6 in my application management menu. then reboot. fireup appworld and go to the uninstalled section... find SCM and reinstall. did not even need to reboot after that. restored me old config file and am back in the action.

no error yet and loads and runs perfectly. 5.9.6
    04-17-12 02:10 PM
    @paulsdv,

Thanks for the detail info. I will copy and paste the text in your post and email it to those others trying to get their SCM 5 back.

(This was a big time saver for me. Instead of trying to find out why SCM 5 doesn't run after a SCM 6 install, I can answer those 100 or so emails I have received since this App World issue caused so much trouble)
    04-17-12 03:03 PM
    One of the NFCShortcuts fans (with 9360) sent me email asking for following two changes:

- Allow macros to schedule to launch something later on

- Add a setting for SelectFrom macro to change the size of the (option) buttons being shown by SelectFrom macro.

I added those in the new version, 6.1.0.11 that can be downloaded using the In-App Update feature (ShortcutMe > BB/Menu key > Updates) if you have a BB with touch screen running OS 7.
    'Updates' intentionally shows only 6.1.0.10, but when you try to download, it should offer 6.1.0.11. (Don't want everyone to download it before the format of those 2 macros are fixed).

Can someone please download and test the below features and let me know their opinion?

New in 6.1.0.11:

- Added 'AutoLaunchAdd' macro

Format: AutoLaunchAdd ANumber, MinutesFromNow, ShortcutToLaunch;

Example:
    AutoLaunchAdd 1,65,TBT; /*Sets AutoLaunch # 1 to launch TBT shortcut in ShortcutMe 65 minutes from the time this macro is executed. The number 1, is a number identifying this auto launch. Macros can later on, override this autolaunch with a new timing and shortcut key if they use the same number*/

- Allowing users to increase font size for the options shown by 'SelectFrom' macro

Example:
    SelectFrom **20, Option1, Option2, Option3; /*Increases the font size with number 20 */
    04-17-12 09:16 PM
    One of the NFCShortcuts fans (with 9360) sent me email asking for following two changes:

- Allow macros to schedule to launch something later on

- Add a setting for SelectFrom macro to change the size of the (option) buttons being shown by SelectFrom macro.

I added those in the new version, 6.1.0.11 that can be downloaded using the In-App Update feature (ShortcutMe > BB/Menu key > Updates) if you have a BB with touch screen running OS 7.
    'Updates' intentionally shows only 6.1.0.10, but when you try to download, it should offer 6.1.0.11. (Don't want everyone to download it before the format of those 2 macros are fixed).

Can someone please download and test the below features and let me know their opinion?

New in 6.1.0.11:

- Added 'AutoLaunchAdd' macro

Format: AutoLaunchAdd ANumber, MinutesFromNow, ShortcutToLaunch;

Example:
    AutoLaunchAdd 1,65,TBT; /*Sets AutoLaunch # 1 to launch TBT shortcut in ShortcutMe 65 minutes from the time this macro is executed. The number 1, is a number identifying this auto launch. Macros can later on, override this autolaunch with a new timing and shortcut key if they use the same number*/

- Allowing users to increase font size for the options shown by 'SelectFrom' macro

Example:
    SelectFrom **20, Option1, Option2, Option3; /*Increases the font size with number 20 */
    Hmm updates isn't working for me. It's giiving me 6.1.0.6. I'm running 6.1.0.10_OS7_T on 9900/7.1.0.342
    04-18-12 12:32 AM
    Hmm updates isn't working for me. It's giiving me 6.1.0.6. I'm running 6.1.0.10_OS7_T on 9900/7.1.0.342
    I got the same message and the link is to a nontouch device
    04-18-12 01:08 AM
    Try the 'Updates' again. Hopefully it is fixed now.
    04-18-12 06:43 AM
    Try the 'Updates' again. Hopefully it is fixed now.
    Nope. Still 6.1.0.6
    04-18-12 06:45 AM
    I got the same message and the link is to a nontouch device
    Right after you click on the button "Install 6.1.0.11" (in Updates panel) hit BB and select "Refresh"
    04-18-12 06:46 AM
    Updates somehow doesn't work right now. I will try to fix it later on today.
    04-18-12 07:26 AM
    Error reading data, too few <<
    04-18-12 08:52 AM
    i purchased my Shortcut Me through mobihand and the version 6 update is not showing there at all.

I presume that all the trouble with Mobihand not paying developers is the reason why its not been updated???
    04-18-12 04:00 PM
    infact even trying to update through the app itself still only shows version 5.9.6.0
    04-18-12 04:02 PM
    Error reading data, too few <<
    Receiving this message as well when trying to update to 11. 9930 7.1.0.342

Thanks!
    04-18-12 09:04 PM
    i purchased my Shortcut Me through mobihand and the version 6 update is not showing there at all.

I presume that all the trouble with Mobihand not paying developers is the reason why its not been updated???
    Don't quote me on this, I'm just wildly guessing and assuming ...

But if you do a regular search on mobihand you won't find SCM (or at least I didn't). So I'd guess in order for an update to be rolled out, SCM would have to be put back up for sale. Meaning if MobiHand was still not paying devs, that's just more money they'd be literally stealing.
    04-18-12 09:28 PM
    infact even trying to update through the app itself still only shows version 5.9.6.0
    That's good, because 5.x serial key won't work with 6.x if I recall correctly. Since it's a paid upgrade. Which you've been around for a while if i recall, and know is rare hah.
    04-18-12 09:30 PM
    So I will have to update through mobihand to get V6?

They just need to get the finger out and show the updated version

No problem paying for such a good app. Thought it would update through the app as well

Cheers for the help.

Sent from somewhere other than my PC.
    04-19-12 01:17 AM
    So I will have to update through mobihand to get V6?

They just need to get the finger out and show the updated version

No problem paying for such a good app. Thought it would update through the app as well

Cheers for the help.

I'm pretty much going to say the same thing. SCM doesn't show up in search results for me on MobiHand, which I'd assume means it's not for sale there anymore. SCM 6.x is a paid upgrade, so if the app is not for sale, you can't pay for the upgrade.

You can't update through the app, because it's a paid upgrade. Your SCM 5.x serial key will not work for it.

I'm guessing MobiHand still hasn't caught up paying developers. Which would explain why SCM isn't available for purchase.
    04-19-12 01:21 AM
    It really sucks (I have 1 license through MobiHand myself that I can't update). But can't really fault Fonware :\ if MobiHand is pocketing ALL the cash
    04-19-12 01:24 AM
    Just got an email back from fonware saying that they plan to re publish all there apps on Mobihand within a week.

Result.

04-19-12 11:41 AM
    That is correct. All the apps are going to get re-published on mobihand within few days.
    (Mobihand did, at the end, paid what they owned us)

Juggalo20 is right. The In-App Upgrade feature is not tied into any license key generator mechanism, so it is not proper for an upgrade that needs a new license key.

For those of you who own ShortcutMe 6 and have a BB with Touch screen, if you can't use the Updates (SCM>BB Key>Updates), remove @@@# from ExtraAppName10 in CommonConfig page, then close ShortcutMe. Now when you open ShortcutMe, Updates will work. (After upgrading, you can set back ExtraAppName10 to @@@# if you want).
    This is because of a bug. I am working on a new version with a fix for this.
    TomCanuck likes this.
    04-19-12 12:41 PM
544 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD