Subscribed
    04-12-12 09:48 PM
    For those of you who have a BB with touch screen running BB OS 7.0+:

Please use Update menu option in SCM to upgrade to ShortcutMe 6.1.0.7

New in 6.1.0.7 comparing to 6.1.0.6:

- "Message + Macro" bug is fixed

- The text for Weather Icon in SCM Home Screen can be Right aligned (use menu option "Toggle Right/Left Alignment" for Weather Icon)

- When launched from MyOwnHotKeys, MyOwnIcons, NFCShortcuts, and MediaKeyBooster, the Home Screen is not shown.

If the above changes are okay I will port this for all BB models. (Sorry hornlovah that you have to wait a bit, but since you already have a workaround for Message+Macro, then I hope it is okay)
    04-13-12 05:46 AM
    @vijik:I was able to use the Updates menu item in order to download and install the update.

I like the right alignment for the Weather icon and associated text. Thanks! Can you please consider implementing the same for date, time, and battery? It's all about symmetry!
    04-13-12 07:13 AM
    @visortgw,

Thanks for info.
    Anyone running ShortcutMe 6.0.0.6 or 6.1.0.6 (or newer) should be able to use Updates in SCM to upgrade to the latest one. The original issues related to Updates seams to be gone for ever.

Sure, I will add alignment setting for Date, and Time.
    Do you think Battery Icon needs alignment? (Battery icon has a fixed width set by user).
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-13-12 at 12:06 PM.
    04-13-12 08:07 AM
    @vijik: You are right about the battery alignment -- no action necessary on that one.
    04-13-12 08:10 AM
    Do you guys know that if you have a macro shortcut that changes one or more settings in BB Options, you can just add
    CloseOptions
    in front of your macro to force ShortcutMe to first close any open Options page before running your macro?

From the OP:
    - CloseOptions (Makes sure that BB Options is closed and not on a sub page. This is handy for any macro you have to change a setting in BB Options)
    04-13-12 11:52 AM
    Would just like to give feedback that I'm not a fan of the home screen... if you can put an option to disable it in the future, it'd be great. Otherwise, I'm going to wish I was back on SCM5. Is there a way to downgrade in the meantime?
    04-13-12 01:03 PM
    Would just like to give feedback that I'm not a fan of the home screen... if you can put an option to disable it in the future, it'd be great. Otherwise, I'm going to wish I was back on SCM5. Is there a way to downgrade in the meantime?
    Open the Common Config, scroll all the way to the bottom and in the
    Extra App Name (10)*:
    Put
    @@@@
    And save changes. Doesn't completely remove the homescreen but it causes SCM to behave like 5.x (where the shortcut list opens instantly)
    04-13-12 01:11 PM
    You missed the work-around posted several posts back in this thread (#31): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7311804

Just make sure that you have at least v6.1.0.6 installed.
    04-13-12 01:12 PM
    You missed the work-around posted several posts back in this thread (#31): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7311804

Just make sure that you have at least v6.1.0.6 installed.
    Actually, I didn't I put this in place, and now I have to hit the back button twice to get out of SCM completely (before I just hit the back button once). I've found I can remedy this if I hit the end key instead of the back button.

Not the end of the world, I use MyOwnHotKeys so much more than ShortcutMe anymore, but I keep SCM for macros to integrate into MOHK.
    04-13-12 01:16 PM
    Actually, I didn't I put this in place, and now I have to hit the back button twice to get out of SCM completely (before I just hit the back button once). I've found I can remedy this if I hit the end key instead of the back button.

Not the end of the world, I use MyOwnHotKeys so much more than ShortcutMe anymore, but I keep SCM for macros to integrate into MOHK.
    Ahha. I never even noticed having to hit esc twice heh if you launch it by accident. Fair point I'd say
    04-13-12 01:23 PM
    My plan is (for 6.1.0.8) to allow users to set somthing else than @@@@ to avoid that Double Escape thing that spritsFade has mentioned, in addition to force SCM to open shortcut menu right away at start up (A menu item will then allow them to switch to Home Screen when they need to set it up with new wallpaper, etc).

All these step by step changes will eventually end up as a UI setting in Common Config page.
    TomCanuck and visortgw like this.
    04-13-12 01:26 PM
    My plan is (for 6.1.0.8) to allow users to set somthing else than @@@@ to avoid that Double Escape thing that spritsFade has mentioned, in addition to force SCM to open shortcut menu right away at start up (A menu item will then allow them to switch to Home Screen when they need to set it up with new wallpaper, etc).

All these step by step changes will eventually end up as a UI setting in Common Config page.
    Happiness love your apps man. Not dogging you at all I swear just giving input. You made me incredibly happy when you came out with myownhotkeys so just continue to do what you do best! Thank you! Very loyal fonware customer here
    04-13-12 03:09 PM
    Happiness love your apps man. Not dogging you at all I swear just giving input. You made me incredibly happy when you came out with myownhotkeys so just continue to do what you do best! Thank you! Very loyal fonware customer here

You are welcome to say what you like and how you want your app to behave.
    I appreciate the feedback from you and others.
    Feedbacks help me to find out what users like and what I should do to keep all users happy.
    Home Screen has got mixed feedbacks. Hopefully, making the app more customizable will help to bring it to a level everyone can accept.
    04-13-12 05:47 PM
    For those of you who have a BB with touch screen running ShortcutMe 6.1.0.6+ on BB OS 7.0+ :

You can upgrade to ShortcutMe 6.1.0.8 using the 'Updates' menu item in ShortcutMe.

New in 6.1.0.8:

- Added alignment setting for Date and Time icon in Home Screen

- If ExtraAppName(10) is set to
    @@@*
    1-Shortcut Menu opens at start up, and
    2-Escape key on Shortcut Menu closes the app
    (To set up Home Screen, select menu option 'Home Screen View')

- Trackpad's SwipeRight-to-Edit disabled for Direct Launch and MultiClick View
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-14-12 at 01:22 PM.
    04-14-12 01:21 AM
    Hi,

Since the last 2 updates of SCM I have been finding a weird bug where some of the default short cuts wouldn't launch unless MOHK has been executed. For example, U for calculator wouldn't launch until I run a short cut that's enabled through MOHK.

I haven't installed any other software except for SCM updates. So I'm guessing the bug lies within SCM.

Please advise.
    04-14-12 12:38 PM
    @James2k8,

I need more info:
    U for Calculator? Is it a shortcut in MYOwnHotKeys, ShortcutMe, or BB's default hotkey?
    04-14-12 01:23 PM
    @James2k8,

I need more info:
    U for Calculator? Is it a shortcut in MYOwnHotKeys, ShortcutMe, or BB's default hotkey?
    Vijik,

U is default BB's key. Same goes for D for notepad, O for options. After a reboot, these keys don't work unless I launch MOHK or a short cut that's enabled within MOHK. For some weird reason A for contacts, L for calendar, N for BBM and M for emails work fine.

Like I said this has been happening since the upgrade of SCM from latest 5 to latest 6.

Hope I've provided enough info.

Thanks.
    04-14-12 07:26 PM
    @james2k8,

Thanks, it is now crystal clear.

Let me check and get back to you on that.

One more question: After a reboot and after you launch something with a hotkey in MyOwnHotKeys, do you ever get problem with your hotkeys (MyOwnHotKeys ) before you do another device reboot?
    04-14-12 08:55 PM
    @james2k8,

Thanks, it is now crystal clear.

Let me check and get back to you on that.

One more question: After a reboot and after you launch something with a hotkey in MyOwnHotKeys, do you ever get problem with your hotkeys (MyOwnHotKeys ) before you do another device reboot?
    No problems after MOHK has been initialised. Issue only occurs after a reboot also.
    04-14-12 09:03 PM
    For those of you who have a BB with touch screen running ShortcutMe 6.1.0.6+ on BB OS 7.0+ :

You can upgrade to ShortcutMe 6.1.0.8 using the 'Updates' menu item in ShortcutMe.

New in 6.1.0.8:

- Added alignment setting for Date and Time icon in Home Screen

- If ExtraAppName(10) is set to
    @@@*
    1-Shortcut Menu opens at start up, and
    2-Escape key on Shortcut Menu closes the app
    (To set up Home Screen, select menu option 'Home Screen View')

- Trackpad's SwipeRight-to-Edit disabled for Direct Launch and MultiClick View
    Thanks for catering to those of us whining about the home screen...
    04-14-12 09:08 PM
    Thanks for catering to those of us whining about the home screen...
    It wasn't whining, but good feedbacks.

I am working on another version, where you can force SCM to totally turn off the Home Screen and make it look like V5.
    Let you know when that version is ready.
    04-15-12 04:42 PM
    It wasn't whining, but good feedbacks.

I am working on another version, where you can force SCM to totally turn off the Home Screen and make it look like V5.
    Let you know when that version is ready.
    Thank you!!!
    04-15-12 11:43 PM

You can upgrade to ShortcutMe 6.1.0.10 using the 'Updates' menu item in ShortcutMe.

New in 6.1.0.10:

- To disable ShortcutMe's Home Screen set ExtraAppName(10) (in Common Config page) to
    @@@#

- Removed a bug that caused problem for the SCM UI on BB OS 7.0.0.x
    TomCanuck likes this.
    04-17-12 04:40 AM
    Need to know how to get SCM 5 back - stuck with 6 installed now and a 5 licence key?
    04-17-12 11:14 AM
544 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD