No, it's a new screen that pops up when you hit the spacebar, i dont honestly understand what the point of it is
    04-12-12 01:31 AM
    Thanks for the reply, but how can I get that version? The update function fails. Also if the shortcut list pops on top of the screen I will still get that red screen which also flashes when using shortcuts in Myownhotkeys app that uses shortcutme. I really need to get back to 5!! Can you make it available on appworld so I can downgrade?
    All of those have either a way to fix already, or will be fixed in near future.

I don't think that you can go back to version 5 after you have installed version 6.

I would stay with ShortcutMe 6 to be able to use all the new and free upgrades in the future.

You can now download the latest version. See my post below.
    04-12-12 01:32 AM
    Does the Shortcutme homescreen replace the existing homescreen (ie appear automatically when I turn on my BB) or do I have to press a button for it to appear?
    No, you should press at least a button to open it (However, if you want you can get Scheduled Launch to launch ShortcutMe with its Home Screen few seconds after the BB starts up)
    04-12-12 01:34 AM
    This message is only for those who already have a valid license key for ShortcutMe 6 (those who bought ShortcutMe 6 or those who upgraded from ShortcutMe 5).

Because of the issue with app world, instead of using the 6.1.0.3 upgrade in App World (that wrongfully asks you for another upgrade fee), please use one of the below links to upgrade to the latest version of ShortcutMe 6.

Warning: Don't download from the links below if you don't have a valid license key for ShortcutMe 6.
    If you don't have a valid key and download this, then you will not be able to switch back to any ShortcutMe 5 version, even if you delete ShortcutMe 6!

- If you have a BlackBerry WITH touchScreen, RUNNING BB OS 7.0 or newer (9380, 9790, 9810, 9850, 9860, 9900, 9930, 998x) download 6.1.0.6 from here

-If you have a BlackBerry WITHOUT touchScreen, RUNNING BB OS 7.0 or newer (9350, 9360, 9370, and any other one without touch screen running BB OS 7 or newer) download 6.1.0.6 from here

- If you have a BlackBerry WITH touchScreen, RUNNING BB OS 4.7 to 6.x (9800, 95xx) download ShortcutMe 6.1.0.6 from here

- If you have a BlackBerry WITHOUT touchScreen, RUNNING BB OS 4.7 to 6.x (81xx, 82xx, 83xx, 85xx, 88xx, 89xx, 90xx running BB OS 4.7 upto OS 6.x) download ShortcutMe 6.1.0.6 from here

- If you have a Blackberry RUNNING BB OS 4.3 to 4.6 download ShortcutMe 6.0.0.6 from here
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-12-12 at 01:44 AM.
    04-12-12 01:35 AM
    So, no way to bypass the Home Screen so it looks like v5?
    04-12-12 02:39 AM
    So, no way to bypass the Home Screen so it looks like v5?
    Not right now. But depending on the requests I might allow users to switch it off.
    I am currently gathering feedbacks from users and those will effect the next versions.

Right now, please upgrade to 6.1.0.6 using the download links I have provided and set
    Extra AppName (10) at the bottom of the Common Config page to
    @@@@
    This will force Shortcut Menu to pop up right away after you open ShortcutMe.

This is a temporary solution until more feedbacks are collected about the Home Screen.
    TomCanuck likes this.
    04-12-12 07:41 AM
    I am a new SCM user from QL and so far I like it, but when i updated to the new version, my profile shortcuts no longer work. The profile selector will open, but it will not launch the profile. I rolled back to the app world version, but I thought I would share that with you to see if you have any ideas, or to see if it was a bug. Thanks!
    04-12-12 08:19 AM
    I am a new SCM user from QL and so far I like it, but when i updated to the new version, my profile shortcuts no longer work. The profile selector will open, but it will not launch the profile. I rolled back to the app world version, but I thought I would share that with you to see if you have any ideas, or to see if it was a bug. Thanks!
    Hmm. All ringer profile macros seem to be working on SCM 6.1.0.6_OS7_T on 9900/7.1.0.342. Mind posting the broken macro and I'll see what I can do. Also what SCM version are you running and on what device.
    04-12-12 08:29 AM
    Same here, the profile dialogue pops up and then nothing happens
    04-12-12 08:40 AM
    Hmm. All ringer profile macros seem to be working on SCM 6.1.0.6_OS7_T on 9900/7.1.0.342. Mind posting the broken macro and I'll see what I can do. Also what SCM version are you running and on what device.

You will have to forgive my lack of knowledge on macros. I didn't set one up because i was comfortable with them yet. I did nothing more then set up a parameter when I chose profile selector. I'm on a 9900/7.1.0.284 and I was running the 6.1.0.6 SCM
    04-12-12 08:45 AM
    Same here, the profile dialogue pops up and then nothing happens
    Care to post something testable?
    Like are you using navmove or *key or menuitemfrom ...
    04-12-12 08:46 AM
    You will have to forgive my lack of knowledge on macros. I didn't set one up because i was comfortable with them yet. I did nothing more then set up a parameter when I chose profile selector. I'm on a 9900/7.1.0.284 and I was running the 6.1.0.6 SCM
    Ahha, cool. Didn't even know that was an option... Anyways, tested and it's working for me. I'm going to guess it's a permission problem. If you could make sure "input simulation" is allowed in app permissions. Idealy set everything to allow.

Edit #1
    Totally forget. Launch ShortcutMe, press menu key, go into common config. And there's a "set application permissions" button that will prompt you if needed. If it doesn't do anything, then all the required permissions are already allowed
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 04-12-12 at 09:03 AM.
    visortgw likes this.
    04-12-12 08:49 AM
    Just downloaded 6.1.0.6, and the fixes work perfectly. I did notice one problem with Updates feature though. When I choose to install 6.1.0.6, I am presented with only one version, touchscreen for BB OS 7 or newer, so I had to download the upgrade from the links provided above.
    04-12-12 08:51 AM
    I wanted to share the wallpaper that I use for SCM v6 on my 9930 as well as screenshots of the SCM homescreen and my default launch screen (showing the shortcut list). I used BeWeather icons (specifically, Grey World XXL v2 by BlastTyrant and Songbird) in order to take advantage of the transparent icon backgrounds.
    TomCanuck likes this.
    04-12-12 09:11 AM
    Care to post something testable?
    Like are you using navmove or *key or menuitemfrom ...
    It was permissions, thanks.
    TomCanuck likes this.
    04-12-12 09:46 AM
    It is a permission problem. Please click on "Set App Permission" in Common Config page as Juggalo explained to get it to work.

For the macros, with ShortcutMe 6, you have the Plugin Function feature.
    As soon as some macro plugin functions start to pop up for ShortcutMe 6 on various forums, you can just download them to your BB's uSD (uSD/scm/scmpluginfunctions/), open and close ShortcutMe to load the plugin into ShortcutMe, and start using it like a blackbox.
    No need to know about the macro in that plugin function.
    However, if you start to write macro, you can make your own macro shortcuts and even create macro plugin functions (for your self and your friends).
    04-12-12 09:54 AM
    Ahha, cool. Didn't even know that was an option... Anyways, tested and it's working for me. I'm going to guess it's a permission problem. If you could make sure "input simulation" is allowed in app permissions. Idealy set everything to allow.

Edit #1
    Totally forget. Launch ShortcutMe, press menu key, go into common config. And there's a "set application permissions" button that will prompt you if needed. If it doesn't do anything, then all the required permissions are already allowed

That got it! i should have known to do that. I did some beta work for QL and had to do that. Thanks for your help. I'm liking SCM and I hope to figure out macros soon.
    04-12-12 09:56 AM
    Still having trouble with the App. Name "Messages" on version 6.1.06: The window no longer switches, but no macros will run. I added a new shortcut with the App. Name �Messages� and a MENUKey macro and the menu does not open. All the other message names (Messages_Calls, Messages_Email, etc...) work fine, so not a pressing issue for me.
    04-12-12 10:26 AM
    Still having trouble with the App. Name "Messages" on version 6.1.06: The window no longer switches, but no macros will run. I added a new shortcut with the App. Name �Messages� and a MENUKey macro and the menu does not open. All the other message names (Messages_Calls, Messages_Email, etc...) work fine, so not a pressing issue for me.
    As an interim work-around, try the following macro (if you have Homescreen shortcuts enabled):

App. Name: Home Screen
    Macros: SpKeyM;

Add other macro commands as necessary.
    hornlovah likes this.
    04-12-12 10:33 AM
    Still having trouble with the App. Name "Messages" on version 6.1.06: The window no longer switches, but no macros will run. I added a new shortcut with the App. Name “Messages” and a MENUKey macro and the menu does not open. All the other message names (Messages_Calls, Messages_Email, etc...) work fine, so not a pressing issue for me.
    Same results over here.
    App Name: Messages
    Macros:
    Ding100;
    Vibrate200

And neither the ding nor vibrate happen.

Edit #1
    Another work around would be

App Name: Macro
    Macros:
    LaunchAndWait Messages;
    MenuKey;

And whatever else you want.
    04-12-12 10:34 AM
    I wanted to share the wallpaper that I use for SCM v6 on my 9930 as well as screenshots of the SCM homescreen and my default launch screen (showing the shortcut list). I used BeWeather icons (specifically, Grey World XXL v2 by BlastTyrant and Songbird) in order to take advantage of the transparent icon backgrounds.
    It is smart moving the weather, battery, date and time icons to the right, reducing the transparency of the Shortcut Menu and combining it with @@@@ option (to force Shortcut Menu to show when SCM is started).

You got me to adopt your good solution.
    Thanks.
    04-12-12 10:40 AM
    As an interim work-around, try the following macro (if you have Homescreen shortcuts enabled):

App. Name: Home Screen
    Macros: SpKeyM;

Add other macro commands as necessary.
    DOH! Thank you visortgw. That's a much more elegant solution than my cludgy workaround.
    04-12-12 10:49 AM
    DOH! Thank you visortgw. That's a much more elegant solution than my cludgy workaround.
    And Juggalo20's is even better yet! Usually more than one way to skin a cat using SCM...
    hornlovah likes this.
    04-12-12 10:52 AM
    Just downloaded 6.1.0.6, and the fixes work perfectly. I did notice one problem with Updates feature though. When I choose to install 6.1.0.6, I am presented with only one version, touchscreen for BB OS 7 or newer, so I had to download the upgrade from the links provided above.
    Please try again now and see if Updates (SCM>BB/Menu>Updates) now provide you the correct version of ShortcutMe.
    04-12-12 10:52 AM
    Please try again now and see if Updates (SCM>BB/Menu>Updates) now provide you the correct version of ShortcutMe.
    Yes it does.
    Vijik likes this.
    04-12-12 10:58 AM
544 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD