ShortcutMe is now updated to version 3.5 for Tour 9630!

Edit: 3.5.3.0 is released today July 24th, 2009

As usual fully functional free trial version is available from here:
    ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcuts Application - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

FYI:

ShortcutMe is a super fast, powerful, yet easy to setup, BlackBerry shortcuts application that allows you to assign 6 applications/tasks to your BlackBerry Convenience/Side Keys. It allows you to create your own shortcuts for your BlackBerry for:

- Launching most of BlackBerry and 3rd party applications
    - Quickly (<2 seconds) checking 5 days weather forecast for yours and other cities
    - Quickly (<2 seconds) checking your stock market portfolio and indexes.
    - Taking screen-shots (With Quality and Delay setting)

and more ...

You can launch your shortcuts by:
    - Multiple clicking convenience keys (Extremely fast)
    - Conv.Key + your shortcut (i.e. A+B or A for Address Book) (Very fast)
    - Conv.Key + part of your shortcut to see related shortcuts (i.e U for utility) (fast)
    - Conv. key + trackball (Slow)

Short video clips about ShortcutMe:

Do you want to double click (from anywhere) to see the weather forecast for your city and other 3 cities in less than 2 seconds later?
    See video (61 seconds) demoing this feature:

Do you want to double click at any time to capture the current screen?
    See video (46 seconds) demoing this feature:

What about double clicking to toggle Bluetooth?

See video (46 seconds) demoing this feature:

New YouTube HD clip for ShortcutMe, the fastest BlackBerry Shortcut application, can be found here:

Those who already have bought it from an online shop (including App World), can upgrade to the latest version of ShortcutMe by downloading the trial version (Link shown above). The trail version will turn into a fully licensed version as soon as it is downloaded.
    So App World shoppers don't need to wait weeks for getting the latest version of ShortcutMe!
    Last edited by Vijik; 07-24-09 at 07:32 AM.
    07-22-09 09:52 AM
    Not sure how you wanted to work out which beta-testers you were going to keep using, or give a registration key to for that matter, but I'd like to toss my name in for both categories.

For anyone that hasn't checked out this app yet, I strongly recommend it, this is one of the most useful apps I'm used to date. If you do check it out and have any questions, the faq is quite well written as well, and you can feel free to look me up for whatever help I can provide.
    07-22-09 10:08 AM
    so what do the best testers for the tour do?
    07-22-09 10:14 AM
    What are you doing for beta testers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 10:34 AM
    I would like to thank all beta testers who have spent time downloading and testing ShortcutMe.

Lots of features in ShortcutMe are a direct result of comments/suggestions from beta testers posted on beta testing threads.

I will, until tomorrow, pick 15 of those who have commented/reported bug/etc and therefore contributed to improving ShortcutMe (for Tour, Javelin and Bold), post their crackberry names here on this thread, and send them their free license key.

I will do that later on as I am very tired now.
    Because of this upgrade I have slept only 5 hours since 2 days ago.

Thanks again all beta testers.
    07-22-09 10:58 AM
    I was a beta tester ( 3.4.4.0) for this...downloaded and ran ShortcutMe. I cannot believe it was beta. Worked perfectly for me with the apps I need. Powerful, double, triple, quad clicks all work great and very fast. I can have shortcuts for everything I need.

I hope to win a free license key for the new 3.5 shortcutme
    07-22-09 10:59 AM
    Flashlight shortcut goes to camera. Is there anything you want us beta testers for the 8900 to try out?
    For the flashlight, set the Video Light to ON in Video Camera Options page.

Please keep testing various application names found in the Application Drop down list and report back if you see any irregularity.
    Still time for 89xx and 90xx testers to change ShortcutMe for their BlackBerry as I have not yet released SCM for those models.
    07-22-09 11:04 AM
    Sweet I'm going to have to give this a go on the new tour when I get it
    07-22-09 11:07 AM
    Actually I just found a bug, fairly sure it's 5.0.100 specific, but want to bring it to your attention. When using the default shortcut for the browser (bg) I get an error message stating, "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL" My homepage is set to google already though, and the browser launches just fine with any other shortcut set or as a multiclick. Just a minor issue I thought you might want to be aware of...

Other than that though, this still is running beautifully, even if I'm not fortunate enough to end up with a key, thanks for letting me beta and I'll be glad to test any future versions.

Edit 1: Found the issue, just need to edit the shortcut to include http:// before the address.
    Last edited by Samael; 07-22-09 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Found a fix
    07-22-09 11:38 AM
    Actually I just found a bug, fairly sure it's 5.0.100 specific, but want to bring it to your attention. When using the default shortcut for the browser (bg) I get an error message stating, "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL" My homepage is set to google already though, and the browser launches just fine with any other shortcut set or as a multiclick. Just a minor issue I thought you might want to be aware of...

Other than that though, this still is running beautifully, even if I'm not fortunate enough to end up with a key, thanks for letting me beta and I'll be glad to test any future versions.

Edit 1: Found the issue, just need to edit the shortcut to include http:// before the address.
    It is not a ShortcutMe bug, it is just something new (bug?) with the new BB OS.
    Just add "http://www" to the beginning of your internet link and it will work.
    I decided not to change the default value for that Google shortcut as
    it may force every current user to have difficulty upgrading.

I also did not want to add "http://" to the beginning of every
    internet link as users might want to use other protocols than http for
    their shortcuts.
    Let you know about the free license by tomorrow.

Thanks for beta testing the app.
    07-22-09 01:22 PM
    I have to be honest here and I am not just saying this in the hope of getting a free copy BUT this application is great.

I am new to blackberry and haven't got many apps as I am still learning but this one is essential and saves so much time and the trackball!!!! lol

I will continue to test but if you ever need another 'newbie' beta tester count me in.

Cheers
    Thanks for the offer. I do need beta testers all the time as new features and updates never ends. I will count on you and other beta testers to help me out.
    07-22-09 05:18 PM
    Have Beta testers with BB Tour tested the Bluetooth_Toggle?
    If so, what parameters did you use? 5;1;800?
    07-22-09 05:20 PM
    Have Beta testers with BB Tour tested the Bluetooth_Toggle?
    If so, what parameters did you use? 5;1;800?
    I could not get it to work with those parameters.
    07-22-09 10:35 PM
    I am also getting overlap in stock overview.
    07-22-09 10:37 PM
    I could not get it to work with those parameters.
    5 and 1 were just an example. Depending on your installed programs/settings those values might be different than others.

First number is the position of the "Bluetooth" in the "BB Home Screen > Options".
    Second number is the position of the menu item "Enable/Disable Bluetooth" in the "BB Home Screen > Options >'Bluetooth'>MenuKey"

What are those numbers on your BlackBerry?
    07-22-09 10:49 PM
    I am also getting overlap in stock overview.
    What is the value of the "Font Size For Config. Pages" in your Common Config Page (ConvKey > Menu Key >'Common Config')?
    07-22-09 10:51 PM
    i got the beta for the Tour. so far works smooth. bit of a lag when using the multiple clicks but other than that pretty smooth application. havent had TOO much time to sit and play with it but it helps my productivity with the shortcuts!
    07-22-09 11:07 PM
    ShortcutMe 3.5.1.0 is now on the OTA link for beta testers.

Please update!

Changes:

- Stock market indexes for North America, Europe and Asia should work now.

- If many stock tickers are entered as parameter for StocksOverview, double clicking the trackball will change page showing all tickers.

- Removed the bug that caused stock value overlapping because of large selected font size in Common Config page.

- Pressing ESC key in Stocks will now exit ShortcutMe

- Pressing ESC key when in the main page of ShortcutMe will exit if no key is entered.

- Removed a bug that caused a selected font size in Common Config page not getting saved.

Please let me know if Stocks Indexes are now shown on StocksOverview page and if you see any overlapping.
    07-22-09 11:08 PM
    v3.5.1.0 on the 8900 runs great. Been running it for about an hour and haven't found any bugs or glitches yet. Great work

The only issue I encounter is when setting up a shortcut, highlighting the blank "App. Name" is way over to the right of the screen. Only about 1 or 2 pixels are visible. I had the same issue in the first beta i tried (v3.4.4.0 i think)
    07-23-09 01:41 AM
    ShortcutMe 3.5.2.0 is now on the OTA link for beta testers.

Please update!

Changes:

- AppName Field is set to "Nothing" when no app is selected. This fixes the issue when the cursor was drawn far right of the screen.

- The Green color for stocks is changed to Dark Green
    07-23-09 07:30 AM
    Hhhmmmm... Can't wait to see who ends up with the registration keys, the newest beta is even better than any of the previous versions

07-23-09 05:44 PM
    5 and 1 were just an example. Depending on your installed programs/settings those values might be different than others.

First number is the position of the "Bluetooth" in the "BB Home Screen > Options".
    Second number is the position of the menu item "Enable/Disable Bluetooth" in the "BB Home Screen > Options >'Bluetooth'>MenuKey"

What are those numbers on your BlackBerry?
    Mine are 5 and 2, do I still use 800 as the last number? If so I could not get it to work.
    07-23-09 07:12 PM
    Hhhmmmm... Can't wait to see who ends up with the registration keys, the newest beta is even better than any of the previous versions

Sorry for the delay. Was out of town today.
    Will soon let you know.
    07-23-09 11:05 PM
    Mine are 5 and 2, do I still use 800 as the last number? If so I could not get it to work.
    If it doesn't work with 800 then try higher numbers.
    Most users use 800 and some even have it on 1500 before it works correctly all the time.
    If you don't specify anything (just 5;2) then the default value (1000) is used.
    07-23-09 11:08 PM
    Mmm, mine keeps bringing me to the options menu with Bluetooth selected. Not a huge deal as I never use it anyway.
    07-23-09 11:14 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD