Hey guys,

I am currently using a 9930 on .267. In order to show more of my wallpaper, I want to put the menu all the way down as its default. Then to save time, instead of pulling the menu up, I want an app that will let me assign various keys as shortcuts to apps I want to use. For example, I want to press F to launch facebook, T for twitter, etc.

I downloaded Zapp because it was cheap; however, the app could not distinguish between my texts inbox and my messages inbox (I do not like to blend them together). I'm worried that other apps like Shortcutme will have the same problem. Does anybody out there know of an app that can do this for me?

thanks
    06-02-12 03:43 PM
    MyOwnHotkeys app can replace all of the default hotkeys.
    It let you assign one, or more apps or shortcuts to a hotkeys.

Unlike all other apps, you don't need to do something (click convenience key, or a menu item) to open that app first. You just hit the hotkey (F for Facebook, T for Twitter).
    06-02-12 06:38 PM
    Will it allow me to set "S" for Text messages and not the regular messages app?

A lot of apps can do what you say; it's just that all the ones I have encountered will take me to the messages app, instead of text messages.
    06-02-12 06:42 PM
    Will it allow me to set "S" for Text messages and not the regular messages app?

A lot of apps can do what you say; it's just that all the ones I have encountered will take me to the messages app, instead of text messages.
    What app allow you to run your shortcut without it needing to get open first?

Yes, you can set one of the hotkeys on your BlackBerry (with the help of MyOwnHotkeys) to 'MOHK_Message_SMS' to show SMS inbox, or to 'MOHK_Message_Email' to email inbox.
    06-02-12 07:18 PM
    I bought the app. However I did not get a license key! And I looked in my app world and it's not there! Where can I find it?
    06-02-12 07:46 PM
    I bought the app. However I did not get a license key! And I looked in my app world and it's not there! Where can I find it?
    1- Do you see the app listed in My World of App World?

2- Did App World let you download it after you purchased it?
    06-02-12 08:07 PM
    Yes it's in my app world! I have even set up several shortcuts. It's only when I went to use them that it said I need a license key. I also have a receipt and order number. What should I do?
    06-02-12 08:08 PM
    Yes it's in my app world! I have even set up several shortcuts. It's only when I went to use them that it said I need a license key. I also have a receipt and order number. What should I do?
    Click on MyOwnHotKeys in My World and browse all the way down in the page that opens.
    Do you see a license key there?
    06-02-12 08:18 PM
    I know what you are talking about and I have scrolled all the way down. All I see are the version number, 110 KB, and the support website. That is it. Can you just give me the number if I give you my order number?
    06-02-12 08:22 PM
    Alt+RST and try again. Should show the key.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    06-02-12 08:35 PM
    Alt+RST and try again. Should show the key.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    I have tried that multiple times. Still won't show.

Is there another way I can get the key?
    06-02-12 08:53 PM
    I have tried that multiple times. Still won't show.

Is there another way I can get the key?
    I just checked the app world. It seams that something did not work since this afternoon.

It should be okay now. Can you please try ALT R S T in App World again now and then check if App World has issued you a license key?
    06-02-12 08:56 PM
    Thank you. It works now.
    06-02-12 09:01 PM
    Is there a possibility in a future update to increase the speed at which this app works? It always has to wait a second before it launches the selected app from my created shortcut.
    06-02-12 09:13 PM
    Is there a possibility in a future update to increase the speed at which this app works? It always has to wait a second before it launches the selected app from my created shortcut.
    The delay is for the multi click feature (4 apps that can run using one hotkey).

If you want to get rid of that delay, disable multiclick by setting Mode for the hotkey to 'Enable'.
    06-02-12 09:54 PM
    Well then... it is safe to say this app will be getting 5 stars from me
    06-02-12 10:46 PM
    Well then... it is safe to say this app will be getting 5 stars from me
    Glad to see that you like the app.

FYI:
    If you disable multiclick for all hotkeys, you get 27 customizable hotkeys (A-Z, Space) that are as quick as the default hotkeys.

However, multiclick is sometime useful. For example if you want to launch all of map/navigation apps using M hotkey. Below is a trick to use multiclick but without adding delay to one-click hotkeys:

Enable multiclick for hot key A (Mode=Enable+Multiclick), while keeping multiclick for all other hotkeys disabled (Mode=Enable). Below is an example for M hotkey:

M: Maps (no delay)
    A + M: Google Maps
    A + M + M: BB Trafic
    A + M + M: Garmin
    06-03-12 05:56 AM
    After using this app for a week, I'm not so sure I can give it 5 stars now. It has a similar problem to most other shortcut apps. Here is the situation:

I have "m" set to messages and space bar set to SMS inbox. When I hit the space bar, it will go to the SMS inbox without delay 50% of the time. 25% of the time, it will only go to messages and not to the SMS inbox. Then 25% of the time, it goes to the messages app and then waits 2 seconds and goes to the SMS inbox.

Essentially it is having difficulty differentiating between the messages app and sms inbox. Is there a fix for this? Or am I doing something wrong again?
    06-10-12 07:40 PM
    @jwang217,

I can't reproduce the problem you are experiencing.
    MOHK_Message_SMS everytime switches to SMS Inbox without problem on my 9900.

1- What BB model do you have?
    2- What BB OS do you run on your BB
    3- Do you have Multi Click disabled for Space hot key?
    06-10-12 08:07 PM
    1) BB 9930
    2) OS .267
    3) Multi click is indeed disabled

Are you using the space bar for the sms inbox? Perhaps I should change keys and see if that makes a difference?

Basically sometimes when I open messages first to check email, then close to go to the home page, then hit space for sms, it goes to messages first, then quickly changes to sms. Other times it's slow to change or doesn't change at all. Any suggestions?
    06-10-12 08:11 PM
    1) BB 9930
    2) OS .267
    3) Multi click is indeed disabled

Are you using the space bar for the sms inbox? Perhaps I should change keys and see if that makes a difference?

Basically sometimes when I open messages first to check email, then close to go to the home page, then hit space for sms, it goes to messages first, then quickly changes to sms. Other times it's slow to change or doesn't change at all. Any suggestions?
    I wasn't using the Space hot key for SMS Inbox, but I did to test and see if I could reproduce the problem (I also had multi click disabled).

I will make you a new version with a parameter you can set to adjust the timing on your BB. The problem seams to be a timing problem (effected by how fast your BB can open Message application).
    When it is ready I will send you a link to download and test it.
    06-10-12 08:19 PM
    Thank you very much. And if it's any help at all, I have "t" set for tiwtter, "f" for facebook, "p" for pictures, "d" for calendar, "g" for clock, "z" for music, "q" for camera... and all of those work perfectly without delay.

I appreciate your time.
    06-10-12 08:22 PM
    Thank you very much. And if it's any help at all, I have "t" set for tiwtter, "f" for facebook, "p" for pictures, "d" for calendar, "g" for clock, "z" for music, "q" for camera... and all of those work perfectly without delay.

I appreciate your time.
    I just sent you an email with the link for the new beta version I made today.

Please upgrade to that version and set the parameter for the MOHK_Message_SMS to a value between 50 and 350 and see if that helps.
    06-10-12 11:05 PM
    I just sent you an email with the link for the new beta version I made today.

Please upgrade to that version and set the parameter for the MOHK_Message_SMS to a value between 50 and 350 and see if that helps.
    This completely messed up the app. Now when I hit space bar for the sms inbox, it doesn't go anywhere. It doesn't open up anything.

And where am I supposed to set that parameter??
    06-12-12 08:41 PM
    Have you set App Permission?
    If not, open MOHK, and then select "Set Permissions" from its menu.

I have set parameter to 90 and it works fine on my 9900
    06-13-12 03:47 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD