You know if you paid for it you can contact their support and move it to your new device right?
    *headsmack*
    Thanks for this. You know, sometimes you can't see the forest while concentrating on the trees. This is the same advice I would have given to someone else for any similar situation, but didn't even think to do it myself.

I purchased this from Bango 2 years ago. Changing numerous devices for numerous reasons I just let it go. I have tons of other apps that I've purchased in the past, put them on my devices, then just let them go. My Mobihand account page looks like a single column reading of War and Peace. I saw this thread-then your post and thought... Hey, why don't I resurrect this if I can. I sent an email to "blackberry.support@s​hazamteam.com" and thanks to Google keeping emails forever, I copied and pasted my original purchase order and Bango welcome email into it. I spoke to a nice guy named Daniel Van Damn in Customer Services who in the first email said he could not transfer the license because there was no record of my device having it and being set up. I then tried the getjar download that he provided, but it said my device was unsupported. App world was giving me hassles too. So I had to hit the PC and scan the QR code from the monitor to get the free version installed. I then set it up properly and advised him I was done on my end. A little bit later he sent an email stating that he could "see" my device and I should be good to go. And, I was.

This version is waaay more robust than the first iterations. It picks up every song I've tried. Even TV commercial tunes. I appreciate the kick in the rear.

Brad.
    04-13-11 10:55 PM
    Hmm, I tried that getjar/shazam link and it offered Shazam 2.7 for the TOUR2 - the older name for the 9650/Bold. But then when I attempted to download/install it, I got one of the 907 cod error messages - does that generally mean it wants the older version UNinstalled? If so that might make a free-upgrade impossible.

I will try the barcode scan if I can recall how to activate it (bbm?)

Still only offers 2.7. Odd.
    Last edited by F2; 04-14-11 at 12:34 AM.
    04-14-11 12:13 AM
    Try this. It works great for me and I don't have to mess with BBM to do anything.
    BlackBerry App World - Barcode Assistant
    04-14-11 08:19 AM
    Obviously BBM scans Barcodes, but I haven't tried using the Scanner from there to scan other QR codes. Bet it works.

Another native RIM app does it for sure� and it's your favourite! (See below.)

Try this. It works great for me and I don't have to mess with BBM to do anything.
    BlackBerry App World - Barcode Assistant
    Unless you need to create QR codes on your device, dump that extra app!

How to Scan a Barcode:
    1. See a Barcode! (Well it's really a QR Code specifically�)
    2. Open App World
    3. Click MENU from main AW screen (aka Featured View)
    4. Select Scan a Barcode
      After that it's easy�
    5. Line up the camera and hold still until it catches QR code
    6. It will ask permission to open page in Browser, and you agree obviously!

Didn't know App World itself did that, didja?

App World� FTW!
    04-14-11 10:53 AM
    Been using app world to scan for awhile now!
    04-14-11 11:09 AM
    AppWorld scanning is cool, but it's only for a single use to bring you to a product, and nothing else can be done with it. Barcode Assistant does that plus retains your history (even after os upgrades), and you can create barcodes for calendar, contacts etc. Either way, I hope you get the product F2. It's nice!
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 04-14-11 at 01:15 PM.
    04-14-11 01:05 PM
    *headsmack*
    Thanks for this. You know, sometimes you can't see the forest while concentrating on the trees. This is the same advice I would have given to someone else for any similar situation, but didn't even think to do it myself.

I purchased this from Bango 2 years ago. Changing numerous devices for numerous reasons I just let it go. I have tons of other apps that I've purchased in the past, put them on my devices, then just let them go. My Mobihand account page looks like a single column reading of War and Peace. I saw this thread-then your post and thought... Hey, why don't I resurrect this if I can. I sent an email to "blackberry.support@s​hazamteam.com" and thanks to Google keeping emails forever, I copied and pasted my original purchase order and Bango welcome email into it. I spoke to a nice guy named Daniel Van Damn in Customer Services who in the first email said he could not transfer the license because there was no record of my device having it and being set up. I then tried the getjar download that he provided, but it said my device was unsupported. App world was giving me hassles too. So I had to hit the PC and scan the QR code from the monitor to get the free version installed. I then set it up properly and advised him I was done on my end. A little bit later he sent an email stating that he could "see" my device and I should be good to go. And, I was.

This version is waaay more robust than the first iterations. It picks up every song I've tried. Even TV commercial tunes. I appreciate the kick in the rear.

Brad.
    So glad everything worked out for you... I have heard alot of ppl slam their tech support but they have always gotten right back to me and always been very helpful! I have changed devices more than a few times
    04-14-11 01:10 PM
    While I'm learning all about scanning those codes, no matter what they are called - Shazam, itself still eludes me. I only get offered 2.7 for the TOUR2. Maybe that's based on my antediluvian OS5! But the the download then fails.

I've opened a ticket - I had to answer a slew of questions.

The BBM scan is quite, well, interesting. You "Scan barcode group" even though the QR is not a group and you don't even hear the camera so anything but almost instantly the web page is opened. But I will check out the Appworld version and the freebie mentioned.

Mad Brad, where you from - Da Bronx, originally.
    04-14-11 07:40 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD