Ok so I saw that new IPhone ad and would love to have this app for my Curve. But alas, its not available to us. Is there a good alternative? Thanks

*Shazam is an app that tells you info on a song, just by you holding up your phone to the speaker..

Later
    11-13-08 04:40 PM
    My roommate showed me this on his iPhone and it is a totally cool app. I'm surprised noone has commented on this. Must be that there isn't an application like this for BB.
    11-15-08 04:47 AM
    i know a couple people that have that capability on their phones...probably wouldnt be difficult to adapt something for the BB...altough I say that with 0 knowledge of app creation...
    11-15-08 04:52 AM
    Regular verizon phones have this called songID for free. Only phones that support BREW tho not smartphones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 05:34 PM
    att has this on their blackberry but you have to pay for usage
    11-15-08 08:01 PM
    yea id love to have this. i used to have it on my Windows Mobile phones. and i just seen the commerical for Shazam for iphone. i guess some1 will create it eventually
    11-15-08 11:38 PM
    Is Shazam free? Because the Bold has a similiar appearance called Music ID but its not free.

11-16-08 09:52 PM
    Rogers used to have this on their MuchMusic phones but I haven't found anything like this for Blackberry...it would be very useful
    11-16-08 10:55 PM
    Is Shazam free? Because the Bold has a similiar appearance called Music ID but its not free.

Music ID is Shazam, or "powered by Shazam" as it says.
    11-16-08 11:45 PM
    shazam is the best app. I loved it, i mean my phone would be on my lap and i'd hit the button to start it listening and so quick it would pop up with coverart and you could save the song to ur list, or email it

nice app!! && yes shazam is free.
    11-17-08 10:44 AM
    I had a rogers Bold (for 4 days before it died) and I thought it had shazam for sure (well, musicID anyway). Don't think they charged for it. Pretty lame that ATT does.
    11-22-08 10:14 PM
    MusicID | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

its actually 99 cents per correct identification on at&t

however I am sure with the hype of the app that shizzam will probably jump all over it with the new bb development out.
    12-09-08 12:18 AM
    Radio Companion by Nobex Technologies..

best thing is; it's a signed blackberry app and completely free!! I actually found it on Blackberry's official software page, def the best one I've seen there...

***I can't post the direct link cuz I don't have 10 posts, just go to Blackberry . com's Software page>Music & Media>Nobex Radio Companion (3rd link)***

Has a huge database of radio stations and has up-to-the-minute playlist details... so basically it does the same thing as Shazam if ur listening to a station just without the coolness factor of hearing the song and picking it up.. you just go to the city ur in, pick station, and it shows whats playing RIGHT THEN...

in fact, it may be better.. because not only can u find the current song playing on a station, but u can find songs for like the last 30 min... plus some stations are even streamable and u can buy the song right from there just like Shazam...

so if, like me were jealous of Shazam, you NEED this program for your BB!
    12-09-08 03:43 PM
    I know but getting live radio isn't why the op made this thread..

the whole purpose of shizam is that your just sitting there hear some song say omg who is that

doesn't matter were and when it takes you 2 seconds to open the app click a button it listens for about 10 seconds then tells you the name..

sometimes you dont even know the radio station your listening to or sometimes it may be at a party and someone is playing a cd.
    12-09-08 04:21 PM
    I know but getting live radio isn't why the op made this thread..

the whole purpose of shizam is that your just sitting there hear some song say omg who is that

doesn't matter were and when it takes you 2 seconds to open the app click a button it listens for about 10 seconds then tells you the name..

sometimes you dont even know the radio station your listening to or sometimes it may be at a party and someone is playing a cd.
    you're right about if it's a CD or mp3 playlist, no help there... sorry, was just putting something out there he might now know about.. it's still a very useful program.. the live radio is just an extra feature...

far as radio it does the same thing though.. i don't know when you couldn't find out what station you're listening to either by call name or fm/am dial... it's just as quick cuz u can add stations in your area to a quicklist... I just brought up a current song name in 22 secs.. and shazam takes far longer than 10 secs with less popular songs.. ive seen it take as long as 30-45 with underground stuff... either way I'll never have to wonder what the name of a song on the radio is when the dj's dont announce it...

plus you can do things shizam can't like, see whats playing at any given time without even being by a radio... then play it if u like it & obviously know what it is just like shizam...
    Last edited by NinjaB; 12-09-08 at 04:56 PM.
    12-09-08 04:47 PM
    im looking for some thing like aol radio or pandora for iphone
    12-10-08 01:48 PM
    I think its pretty unfair that iphohe owners get shazam for free and blackberry owners have to pay 3.99 per month. Whats up with that?
    12-13-08 03:03 PM
    I think its pretty unfair that iphohe owners get shazam for free and blackberry owners have to pay 3.99 per month. Whats up with that?
    shazam isn't availble for bb's? but yea it sucks its free for the iphone and not others... i bet apple made a deal with them
    12-15-08 01:37 AM
    shazam isn't availble for bb's? but yea it sucks its free for the iphone and not others... i bet apple made a deal with them
    It is available for BB's. Its called music id by Shazam.

In the iphone version, there is a way to id the song, then go directly to itunes to purchase it. I bet your right, shazam probably gets a cut of every pruchase made by using shazam.
    12-15-08 09:51 AM
    Would love to see this for bb. I'm sure once it's available we will see it posted here.
    12-15-08 10:12 AM
    Would love to see this for bb. I'm sure once it's available we will see it posted here.
    I just said its available. I have it right now, like this very second.
    12-15-08 10:17 AM
    I just said its available. I have it right now, like this very second.
    how do you have it? I went onto their site and it didnt have blackberry's as a compatible device let a lone the storm.
    12-15-08 03:35 PM
    how do you have it? I went onto their site and it didnt have blackberry's as a compatible device let a lone the storm.
    Im actually using the bold. I downloaded a today theme from on the arm and there was a music ID icon. It took me to a ota download.

Try this;

http://www.shazam.com/music/web/pages/shazamid.html
    12-16-08 06:59 AM
    Shazam site says it's available to UK users only and doesn't list BB in their list of supported devices.
    12-16-08 01:08 PM
    yea, thats too bad

i wonder when/if they will have song ID for the storm. Verizon had it way before the iphone
    12-16-08 03:58 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD