Hi RobinShazam. I tried what you wrote on my device, and downloaded the test, and it was successfull on mty device... I have a Storm. Where can I find the Shazam apps for the storm ? I dont' have it avalaible thru APP WORLD

thank you
    05-11-09 12:18 PM
    Hi RobinShazam. I tried what you wrote on my device, and downloaded the test, and it was successfull on mty device... I have a Storm. Where can I find the Shazam apps for the storm ? I dont' have it avalaible thru APP WORLD

thank you
    Shazam is not available on App World due to compatibility issues.

There are several threads in this forum where you can get Shazam and run it on your Storm if you really want it. If you go that route i'd recommend the Shazam460 version just so it doesn't have the white background on dialogs.

Shazam for Storm (Shazam470) is being worked on right now. No date yet.
    05-11-09 12:22 PM
    ok, thank you.... I downloaded Shazam460, and I have the same error then Slalom, means; error 1302.... weird because the test works perfectly?? any ideas why that happens ? tks
    05-11-09 12:51 PM
    ok, thank you.... I downloaded Shazam460, and I have the same error then Slalom, means; error 1302.... weird because the test works perfectly?? any ideas why that happens ? tks
    The test is to prove the new client will work (when it is released, no date yet). The current client has network issues for some providers. Apologies for the delay - we are working to provide an improved application for you.
    05-12-09 02:31 AM
    thank you very much... keep us posted.
    05-12-09 10:20 AM
    Robin -

I have a BB 8900 on T-Mobile

I ran the test program and received the following messages in red:

Wi-Fi:
    Can be used? No
    Error #1161:
    net.rim.device.cldc.io.dns.DNSException: error trying to resolve

Carrier:
    found WAP2 service book? No.
    Using WAP2? No.
    Profile for 310-260: #
    Profile T-Mobile Internet? No
    Error #1197 java.io.IOException: Tunnel failed
    Profile T-Mobile VPN? No.
    Error #1197: java.io.IOException: Tunnel failed
    Profile T-Mobile T-Zone? Yes
    Can be used? Yes.

Curiously, it says I can connect to he internet, but when trying to set up the full version of Shazam, it keeps saying that there is a connection error.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
    05-19-09 02:30 PM
    ... Curiously, it says I can connect to he internet, but when trying to set up the full version of Shazam, it keeps saying that there is a connection error.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
    This test is to prove the new application will work [better]. No release date for that (probably soon, no Storm version then though). Thanks for running the test.

Ah yeah: weird that your Wi-Fi DNS didn't work. Odd router/access point setup maybe?
    05-20-09 05:14 AM
    Hello, this is with reference to your Post about the test.. application I have have the same problem as other with erro 1302.
    i have Bold with V4.6 .. and i face the same problem.. i didnt use wifi alone yet. but i tried your test application and response was :
    success ! can connect to the internet using your carrier. Note : im in Kuwait and using MTC KW Network. also this device is under the enterprise server.

BIS : can be used ? Yes

what to do next?
    05-20-09 06:57 AM
    ... success ! can connect to the internet using your carrier. Note : im in Kuwait and using MTC KW Network. also this device is under the enterprise server.

BIS : can be used ? Yes

what to do next?
    Cool, nice to know MTC KW works Please wait for the next release.
    05-20-09 09:04 AM
    robinShazam,

Blackberry 8310
    OS v4.5.0.124
    Country U.S
    Carrier ATT

Shazam used to work for me and i even went past the setup screen and was able to tag music tracks. I enabled enterprise activation and now i am getting the #1302 error. Here is the network status from the tool

General
    has coverage : yes
    is data operational : yes
    is data active : yes
    signal -98

bis
    can be used: yes

wifi
    supported by handset : no

carrier
    network : att
    using wap2 : yes
    can be used : yes

summary:
    success. can connect to the internet using your carrier
    Last edited by chimpooooo; 05-31-09 at 09:28 PM.
    05-31-09 09:24 PM
    summary:success. can connect to the internet using your carrier
    Please update over the air to the latest version which for you (running OS 4.5) should be here:

http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli.../Shazam430.jad
    06-01-09 03:51 AM
    WONDERFUL !!

It works!! Thanks!!!
    06-02-09 12:57 AM
    Works on the BES. BIS flashes in the upper left while connecting. Well done and thanks!
    06-02-09 08:17 AM
    i dont see shazam in the app world, i already know it from the iphone app store and i use it almost daily, and was hoping to see one for the berry, its not under music, and i did a search with no return also, any suggestions ? i cant do OTA download as my BES restricts that
    06-16-09 10:35 AM
    i dont see shazam in the app world, i already know it from the iphone app store and i use it almost daily, and was hoping to see one for the berry, its not under music, and i did a search with no return also, any suggestions ? i cant do OTA download as my BES restricts that
    Shazam won't appear in app world for the store, you have to either use the OTA link or install it using a backup. Since you said that BES restricts you installing OTA, below is a zip file containing the shazam backup. Just use the app loader to install the app.

Shazam460 2.0.8

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 01:28 PM
    Hi Robin-I was able to install the new version and it works. I originally opened an account several months ago and Shazam did not work for most of the trial period. Now that it works, it tells me my trial period is over. Given that it did not work for most of the trial period, is there any way to get the trial period extended? THanks for your help.

TO show the problem I was having, below is a post I made in April to indicate the problem:

Thanks for your help.

04-10-2009, 02:35 PM
    vyrenee
    CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 8330 (Curve)
    Carrier: Verizon

Shazam connection problem
    Downloaded Shazam for BB Curve 8330. Worked perfectly once. Then it would not connect (error #1164). Tried battery pull and reinstalling but no luck. On reinstall, cannot get past the set up screen as cannot make a connection. I did set all permissions to "allow" but no luck. Anyone figured out a solution to this? Thanks.
    06-17-09 05:10 PM
    Hi

I have an error #1198 saying Shazam can't connect to the internet, but my data is working fine.

03-12-10 12:39 PM
    Hi

I have an error #1198 saying Shazam can't connect to the internet, but my data is working fine.

Same here. I have the newest version from appworld installed.
    03-13-10 09:23 PM
    Same here. I have the newest version from appworld installed.
    Please select Network Status (Shazam > Network Status if you cannot setup; or Shazam > Settings > Network Status if you have got through setup) and PM me the details. I can then look into this for you.
    03-15-10 06:35 AM
    Please select Network Status (Shazam > Network Status if you cannot setup; or Shazam > Settings > Network Status if you have got through setup) and PM me the details. I can then look into this for you.
    How do I get there ?

Under permissions mine shows Custom for Connection
    Custom for Interaction is this correct ?
    03-15-10 10:52 AM
    How do I get there ?

Under permissions mine shows Custom for Connection
    Custom for Interaction is this correct ?
    For permissions (BlackBerry > Options > Advanced > Applications, pick Shazam) your Connection permission should allow Internet and Wi-Fi. You can see the individual permissions if you highlight Custom, press Menu and then select Expand.

To do a network status, run Shazam. If Shazam asks you to go through setup simply press Menu and select Network Status. If Shazam is already set up, press Menu, select Settings and then select Network Status.

The App World 2.5.1 may have had issues, the cause of which are unknown. This includes the Shazam application icon not appearing anywhere on your smartphone.

You can download Shazam 2.5.1 from the following direct links if required:

Shazam for OS 4.2.0
    http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli.../Shazam420.jad

Shazam for OS 4.2.1 & 4.2.2
    http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli.../Shazam421.jad

Shazam for OS 4.3.x & 4.5.x
    http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli.../Shazam430.jad

Shazam for OS 4.6.x
    http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli...460/Shazam.jad

Shazam for OS 4.7.x & 5.x
    http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli...70T/Shazam.jad
    03-16-10 05:42 AM
    For permissions (BlackBerry > Options > Advanced > Applications, pick Shazam) your Connection permission should allow Internet and Wi-Fi. You can see the individual permissions if you highlight Custom, press Menu and then select Expand.

To do a network status, run Shazam. If Shazam asks you to go through setup simply press Menu and select Network Status. If Shazam is already set up, press Menu, select Settings and then select Network Status.

Applications is not under Advanced

OK don't all it but it still does nothing when I hit Set Up
    03-16-10 07:34 AM

The App World 2.5.1 may have had issues, the cause of which are unknown. This includes the Shazam application icon not appearing anywhere on your smartphone.

Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS v45.0.0.548
    Country U.S

General
    Shazam 2.5.1
    has coverage : yes
    signal -94

bis
    can be used: yes

wifi
    supported by handset : no

carrier
    network : alltel
    using wap2 : no
    can be used : no

summary:
    success. can connect to the internet using your carrier
    03-16-10 08:09 AM
    Ok, it seems there is a new issue then with the leaked 5.0.0.548. I will investigate this and keep you posted but for now i suggest going back to an OS version that works. Leaked firmwares can prove problematic.
    03-16-10 10:25 AM
    Ok, it seems there is a new issue then with the leaked 5.0.0.548. I will investigate this and keep you posted but for now i suggest going back to an OS version that works. Leaked firmwares can prove problematic.

Thanks please let us know
    That is the only app I know of that many of us are having issues with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 10:44 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD