I downloaded Shazam from App World, but when I launch it I get a message that it is "Setting Shazam up for me".

After 30 seconds or so, I get an error message:

"Sorry, Shazam can't connect to the internet. It might be a problem with your mobile's connection. Do you want to retry?"

Any suggestions? I'm running O/S .247 on a Bold.

Thanks
    04-07-09 08:52 AM
    do you have a Data plan and does your netork say EDGE in caps when that happened
    04-07-09 09:11 AM
    I do have a data plan, and I've tried it with both EDGE and 3G.

Everything else seems to work ok (data, web access, etc.) - just Shazam doesn't seem to work.
    04-07-09 09:35 AM
    uninstal and reinstall thats what i did and it works now
    04-07-09 01:44 PM
    Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

Also went to options>applications>permissions and set all to "allow". Still doesn't work!

I may just delete it and try again in a few weeks!
    04-07-09 02:32 PM
    bump....still having this issue. I'd appreciate any ideas that might be out there.
    04-08-09 02:47 PM
    I ran Shazam with the mobile network off (i.e. wifi only) and it ran perfectly.

When I turned the mobile network back on, it didn't work, even with a good wifi connection.

I'm on Rogers Wireless (and have a data plan, etc).

Any suggestions?
    04-14-09 09:25 AM
    ... After 30 seconds or so, I get an error message...
    Error 1302 means the application received an unexpected HTTP response code in the range 400 to 499. Something is stopping the application from connecting to our server and reading the response. It could for example be a server-decided timeout (HTTP 408) or maybe a proxy issue (407) or another 4xx error. In any case it is network-related.

Can you please confirm you are on Rogers? Seems that several people have issues with Rogers.
    04-14-09 09:59 AM
    I ran Shazam with the mobile network off (i.e. wifi only) and it ran perfectly.

When I turned the mobile network back on, it didn't work, even with a good wifi connection.

I'm on Rogers Wireless (and have a data plan, etc).

Any suggestions?
    Shazam will try to use wi-fi first if the device says it is connected to an access point. If wi-fi is enabled but not connected then Shazam can't use wi-fi and will fall back to TCP. Sounds like your device was not connected to a wi-fi access point and tried Rogers and failed

Seems like some more testing on Rogers is required.
    04-14-09 10:01 AM

Can you please confirm you are on Rogers? Seems that several people have issues with Rogers.

Yes I am on Rogers. I've only been able to get it to work with a wifi connection ON, and mobile network OFF. If wifi is on, and I have a valid wifi connection, but mobile network is on, I get the 1302 error.

Thanks
    04-14-09 11:35 AM
    Yes I am on Rogers. I've only been able to get it to work with a wifi connection ON, and mobile network OFF. If wifi is on, and I have a valid wifi connection, but mobile network is on, I get the 1302 error.

Thanks
    Ah, does "MDS" or "BIS" flash up in the top left corner of the screen before the 1302?
    04-14-09 12:06 PM
    Ah, does "MDS" or "BIS" flash up in the top left corner of the screen before the 1302?
    MDS shows up while I get the "Setting Shazam up for you...." message.

Started as MDS, switched to mds, then flashed BIS for a second, then went back to MDS before displaying the error message
    04-14-09 01:32 PM
    MDS shows up while I get the "Setting Shazam up for you...." message.

Started as MDS, switched to mds, then flashed BIS for a second, then went back to MDS before displaying the error message
    Thanks, i'll investigate why this is happening.
    04-15-09 04:31 AM
    I am having the exact same issue on Rogers getting error 1302 when I try to connect to the internet to setup the application. I also get the MDS flashing in the corner of the screen before I get the message. A couple of my buddies and my sister downloaded the application and it is working fine for them. The only difference between their device and mine is BES so I am wondering if that could be the source of the problem. That being said this is the only application reaching out to the web on my BB that has experienced problems.
    04-16-09 06:17 AM
    Similar problem on T-Mobile US, but mine is error #1305. Running Shazam 460/2.0.0.

Error message reads "Sorry. Shazam's having difficulties contacting the service. Do you want to retry?"

Flashes MDS in the upper left corner when attempting to setup. I am on a BES and have all permissions set to allow.

EDIT: I have tried it with wifi only, mobile network only, and both on at the same time - same issue. Also deleted and reinstalled with multiple battery pulls - same issue.
    Last edited by HofstraJet; 04-16-09 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Added info.
    04-16-09 07:43 AM
    I erased it reinstalled and pulled battery to get mine to work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 08:33 AM
    ....I've installed and uninstalled several times, pulled the battery, etc.

For now I've uninstalled.

robinShazam - any fix in the works?
    04-23-09 08:29 AM
    ....I've installed and uninstalled several times, pulled the battery, etc.

For now I've uninstalled.

robinShazam - any fix in the works?
    The next version will show the underlying HTTP response code and this will help track down the issue. My money is still on the operator meddling with the response! No ETA on the update though.
    04-23-09 10:38 AM
    Any suggestion for an error #1305? Running Shazam 460/2.0.0. On a BES (see post #15 above). Thanks.
    04-23-09 11:52 AM
    Any suggestion for an error #1305? Running Shazam 460/2.0.0. On a BES (see post #15 above). Thanks.
    A 1305 error means that the application is getting an HTTP 503 response code (Service Unavailable). My guess is that your BES firewall or IT policy is restricting traffic. You could ask a BES adminstrator to contact us at [email protected]
    04-23-09 12:16 PM
    A 1305 error means that the application is getting an HTTP 503 response code (Service Unavailable). My guess is that your BES firewall or IT policy is restricting traffic. You could ask a BES adminstrator to contact us at [email protected]
    Thanks. That is what I figured. Is there a way to have Shazam avoid going through the BES for internet connectivity and either use wifi directly or go through the BIS? I had to set up many apps manually to use BIS or wifi when the app's auto-connection mode didn't work. I see on my wife's BB (which is not on a BES) that there are connection options in Shazam, but I can't get past initial setup to get to these options!
    04-28-09 05:22 PM
    Thanks. That is what I figured. Is there a way to have Shazam avoid going through the BES for internet connectivity and either use wifi directly or go through the BIS? I had to set up many apps manually to use BIS or wifi when the app's auto-connection mode didn't work. I see on my wife's BB (which is not on a BES) that there are connection options in Shazam, but I can't get past initial setup to get to these options!
    The next version - not available yet - will improve communication. BES has proved problematic to say the least. There might be a beta version at some point just to check connectivity - i'll keep you posted.
    04-29-09 03:29 AM
    Thanks for the input. Feel free to contact me to beta test connectivity. david @ dbags . com
    04-29-09 05:33 AM
    Thanks for looking into it RobinShazam. Unless I see information on a fix posted here, I'm going to forget Shazam until the next version.

As HofstraJet, if you want someone to "beta test" just PM me.

Cheers
    04-29-09 12:43 PM
    If you are still having network issues during Shazam setup please try this network test tool. This will not identify music but will help locate network problems.

Please do not install this if you Shazam is working for you. This will not identify music.

Please uninstall Shazam if it is still on your device. You need to know what OS version you have: if you don't know it please go to BlackBerry Options > About and note down the first number with a V at the start, e.g. BlackBerry 8900 smartphone (EDGE, Wi-Fi) v4.6.1.45. You can get the test application from here (in your phone browser): Shazam Test.

After installation you can run this as often as needed to check connectivity to the interwebz. All it does is try to connect to one of our test servers. It does not and cannot identify music.

Run this and let me know how you get on via PM or reply here. If the test reports a successful connection via your carrier then I'll know the new networking works. If you get warnings please include the text in yellow. If you get errors please include the text in red, e.g Error #1197: open tunnel - failure. If everything works you will get text in green: lovely.

Please provide your country, carrier, model and OS version too.
    05-07-09 11:34 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD