Any way to get Shazam Encore into my App World account if my device doesn't support it now? I would like to get this app for it's price now at the very least and download it when it's avail on my device...
    10-25-11 12:28 PM
    Any way to get Shazam Encore into my App World account if my device doesn't support it now? I would like to get this app for it's price now at the very least and download it when it's avail on my device...
    No. AppWorld will not present you with a way of purchasing applications which are not compatible with your device.

However, since you stated you are willing to wait, Shazam posted on their Twitter page that it will be available in early November for free as one of the RIM complimentary offerings for the recent outage. Why pay when you could get it free??? (if available for the 9930 by then ).
    @Shazam Shazam
    Heads up #DearTeamBlackBerry Shazamers. In early Nov DL Shazam Encore our premium App - for free from App World bit.ly/nXAh1N
    Shazamers' Blog Great BlackBerry App Giveaway Coming Soon

If I were you, I would contact the developer as soon as possible to see if they will offer it for the 9930 though, so if they would, it could be ready by that time frame. That is a CDMA radio device, and the radio is different from a GSM device like a 9900. They may not have any plans on making it compatible at all.

blackberry.support@shazamteam.com

Hope this helps.
    bcbbanga4l and Ammunet91 like this.
    10-25-11 01:28 PM
    Hehe when I meant getting it at its current price, I was referring to the free part. Supposedly it's free starting today, just not available for my device. Thanks for your info, as it looks like November 7 is the day to look on App World for a release for OS7 devices. I have shot them an e-mail on my device specifically and hope they do bring me good news on that day. Thanks again for your reply with info!
    10-25-11 08:13 PM
    Hehe when I meant getting it at its current price, I was referring to the free part. Supposedly it's free starting today, just not available for my device. Thanks for your info, as it looks like November 7 is the day to look on App World for a release for OS7 devices. I have shot them an e-mail on my device specifically and hope they do bring me good news on that day. Thanks again for your reply with info!
    Oh. Sorry about that. When I saw the words current price, I did not take it to mean free. I guess I am kind of confused because Shazam Encore is NOT currently offered for free starting today as you stated for ANY OS4, OS5 or OS6 device at the moment. It is currently still a paid application. It is also currently not available for an OS7 device like yours due to compatibility. It will be offered for free early in November as part of the RIM free app giveaway. They indicated that the 9900/9930 will be supported by then, but according to a reply they made to the question on twitter, there was not a November 7th date specified. The exact date was conspicuously missing.

I Hope it will go well for you by then..
    Good Luck!!

g33kd0m
    @g33kd0m g33kd0m
    @Shazam When can we get Shazam for Bold 9930/OS7 devices? It's one of my favorite apps...
    24 Oct via web
    replies ↓
    Shazam
    Shazam Shazam
    @g33kd0m Hi - it's coming! Check on App World Nov , OS7 phones will be supported and DL Shazam Encore with unlimited tagging for free.
    Twitter
    bcbbanga4l and Ammunet91 like this.
    10-25-11 09:14 PM
    thanks guys for the updates i cant wait
    10-26-11 07:01 AM
    Oh. Sorry about that. When I saw the words current price, I did not take it to mean free. I guess I am kind of confused because Shazam Encore is NOT currently offered for free starting today as you stated for ANY OS4, OS5 or OS6 device at the moment. It is currently still a paid application. It is also currently not available for an OS7 device like yours due to compatibility. It will be offered for free early in November as part of the RIM free app giveaway. They indicated that the 9900/9930 will be supported by then, but according to a reply they made to the question on twitter, there was not a November 7th date specified. The exact date was conspicuously missing.

I Hope it will go well for you by then..
    Good Luck!!

[CENTER]
    24 Oct via web
    replies ↓
    [CENTER]

Twitter
    I saw that date here... Shazam | Facebook. Should be official since it came from Shazam themselves. Hopefully nothing will be delayed like the Playbook's OS2...
    10-26-11 07:35 AM
    I saw that date here... Shazam | Facebook. Should be official since it came from Shazam themselves. Hopefully nothing will be delayed like the Playbook's OS2...
    Again, I apologize... Maybe I'm blind, but I still don't see a specific date of Nov 7th.
    This is what I see there as well...
    A quick heads up for all BlackBerry Shazamers, in early Nov youll be able to download Shazam Encore our premium App worth $4.99 for FREE from BlackBerry App World. No Limits. Unlimited tagging with Encore means you can Shazam as often as you like to buy music, get lyrics, watch videos & more. And its all thanks to BlackBerry theyre showing their appreciation for your loyalty & support during the service interruption by giving you a choice pick of premium apps free of charge. Nice one BlackBerry! Well keep you posted when Encore goes free. Shazamers' Blog Great BlackBerry App Giveaway Coming Soon
    Then the Bit.ly link they provide is the same link I initially posted here for their blog.

I just don't see what your stating. Then again, I have been wrong before. LoL.

I hope you will be able to get it as well.
    Until then, Enjoy my friend!
    10-26-11 07:47 AM
    Again, I apologize... Maybe I'm blind, but I still don't see a specific date of Nov 7th.
    This is what I see there as well...

Then the Bit.ly link they provide is the same link I initially posted here for their blog.

I just don't see what your stating. Then again, I have been wrong before. LoL.

I hope you will be able to get it as well.
    Until then, Enjoy my friend!
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. The release date is mentioned in the comments to that FB post.

Correction on my mention of this app being available now because you're right, it's not available yet. I didn't read the entire post correctly when it hit CrackBerry... I missed the November part entirely thinking that because it was mentioned that it would have also meant that it was out now.
    10-26-11 10:52 AM
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. The release date is mentioned in the comments to that FB post.
    Ahh! I see exactly what you mention. And, you're correct! They actually mention that date. That great because I was hoping you wouldn't be let down if it didn't happen. LoL.
    Correction on my mention of this app being available now because you're right, it's not available yet. I didn't read the entire post correctly when it hit CrackBerry... I missed the November part entirely thinking that because it was mentioned that it would have also meant that it was out now.
    Ha!! Guilty of the same. LoL! I never thought to read all the comments myself. I didn't think there would be any additional information that would not be in the official statement.

I think we may all be happy when it rolls out!

Take care my friend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 12:24 PM
    Ahh! I see exactly what you mention. And, you're correct! They actually mention that date. That great because I was hoping you wouldn't be let down if it didn't happen. LoL.

Ha!! Guilty of the same. LoL! I never thought to read all the comments myself. I didn't think there would be any additional information that would not be in the official statement.

I think we may all be happy when it rolls out!

Take care my friend.

Great! Looks like we'll both be awaiting for November 7! Take care yourself as well!

10-26-11 12:29 PM
    MADBRADNYC, it's snowing in NYC and an extra bonus... Shazam Encore is available in App World early, right now!
    10-29-11 12:28 PM
    MADBRADNYC, it's snowing in NYC and an extra bonus... Shazam Encore is available in App World early, right now!
    Yes! I was kinda shocked about both coming at the same time myself! Amazing!
    Great application...
    10-30-11 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD