Is there an app for blackerry that searches for sex offenders nearest to you by GPS location like there is for the Iphone? Thanks!
    09-01-09 05:46 AM
    I havent been able to find one for the blackberry either. But now that you mentioned the sex offender app that on apples store I dont see it there anymore , for some reason has been taken off when I googled it.
    iPhone sex offender app pulled - News - Know Your Mobile
    09-01-09 06:04 AM
    ahh..stupid apple and/or ATT like to control everything...I wish I knew how to program BB software...this could be a easy money maker..im sure many people would cough up a few bucks for a program like this...and at least with BB, we don't have to worry about getting it pulled
    09-01-09 06:06 AM
    PS:
    looking further though I found this
    theapps
    09-01-09 06:09 AM
    Is there an app for blackerry that searches for sex offenders nearest to you by GPS location like there is for the Iphone? Thanks!
    This is kind of "ikky.". Why would you wish to spend your days firing up your BlackBerrys looking for pervs? Isn't that a bit odd?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 12:31 PM
    This is kind of "ikky.". Why would you wish to spend your days firing up your BlackBerrys looking for pervs? Isn't that a bit odd?

sometimes just looking for someone random to beat up
    09-01-09 12:44 PM
    It would be a good way to check an area or a specific neighborhood if you were thinking of moving. I'd never knowingly move next to a sex offender.
    09-01-09 02:42 PM
    Just go to the meagans law web site for your state...all registered will come up

09-01-09 02:46 PM
    word lets get em
    09-01-09 02:52 PM
    Pretty odd behavior.

I detest canned spinach. I don't go calling supermarkets to see if they carry it or scour the newspapers looking for specials on it.

09-02-09 02:02 AM
    i would like an app that shows the location of people driving around looking for sex offenders as well... you know, to get the location of all your local creeps...
    09-02-09 03:42 AM
    Pretty odd behavior.

I detest canned spinach. I don't go calling supermarkets to see if they carry it or scour the newspapers looking for specials on it.

OKay now that's just a funny comparison!

I CAN see a use for this. Of course any responsible parent makes sure they don't move to pervville and this can be done by computer easily. But what about a quick check when dropping off molly at a friends house to play? What about Bobby's away baseball games? And with pictures too, just so you can tell if the creep is hanging around behind the bleachers. Ounce of prevention and all that.
    09-02-09 04:03 AM
    Wow. I think this place is becoming more paranoid by the second.

What about Molly's sleepover? Check the area if you're too worried. Bobby's away game? Theoretically, you're there with him - or at least, his coach is.
    09-02-09 04:21 AM
    ... and Bobby's got a bat!

With how easy it is to wind up on a list of sex offenders these days the charges don't mean much anymore. I know people who had a drunk night in college and peed in an alley and are now sex offenders. A bad decision? Certainly. But if it's grounds for not allowing your child within a certain range of one of their houses 10 years later when they're responsoble, sober, and have never gotten in trouble of any other kind, you're making your world scarier than it needs to be.

Our average life span is getting longer and longer, so this notion that we're less safe than we ever were before doesn't make sense to me. If you're that petrified that someone's going to run out in broad daylight and rape you or your kids, I don't see how just a phone app is going to be enough to help you sleep any better.

When I looked at my city on one of those sex offender map sites a while back, it should EXACTLY what you'd expect... Areas of highest concentration of offenders were also areas of densest population and poorer neighberhoods looked perhaps a small bit worse than more affluent ones. In other words, the site told me not to go walking alone in a neighborhood I wouldn't go walking alone in. Thanks for all the useful info, meganslaw.com!

If it makes you feel better, more power to you, but I bet those maps are strikingly similar to maps of drug busts or car theft. Be wary of crime, but I've never seen much strategy in obsessing about it all of the time. If I tried to avoid every mark on that map in my city I'd never leave the house.

09-02-09 05:30 AM
    I CAN see a use for this.
    LOL. I can't. Hate to say it but I think the real agenda is to use it as a tool for wannabe pervs to find real-life pervs so they can get a date on those lonely Saturday nights.

Of course any responsible parent makes sure they don't move to pervville and this can be done by computer easily.
    Not trying to be controversial here but this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You're gonna drive the streets of your neighborhood, BlackBerry in hand, pretending to check some dingbat app to see if any of your neighbors have prior police records? Ridiculous. In the one and a billion chance you find something, what would you even do with the information? Tell your kid to stay away from that person? Probably would incite them to find out what all the mystique is when you are off at work. What a crazy idea! Next time you are leaving your kids to go out for a night on the town, tell them not to put beans in their ears. Guess what the first thing will be that they do when you leave! I'm sure you get the point here.

How about spending that time with your kids, getting to know them, loving them, talking to them about right and wrong, watching what they do and who they hang around with?

How about realizing that we live in a very screwed-up world where the saintly parish priest is more likely to be a risk to your children than that oddball down the street you see buying Hustler Magazine at the liquor store?

Let's remember that the Church has paid ZILLIONS in hush money because more than a few of their priests can't control their lust to get their hands on your 12-year-old son when he's changing clothes after doing his duties as an altar boy.

How many perv priests do you think are gonna be on that BlackBerry app? Hmmm?

Ounce of prevention and all that.
    It's after midnight. Do you know where your children are?
    09-02-09 05:47 AM
    Theoretically, you're there with him - or at least, his coach is.
    Keep an eye on that coach. He looks a little light in the loafers!

LOL.
    09-02-09 05:52 AM
    Check the area if you're too worried. Bobby's away game? Theoretically, you're there with him - or at least, his coach is.
    ... and Bobby's got a bat!

Keep an eye on that coach. He looks a little light in the loafers!
    LOL.
    .. well at least Bobby's got a bat ,
    Last edited by DavidNC; 09-02-09 at 10:16 AM.
    09-02-09 10:13 AM
    More like all the time
    09-02-09 10:16 AM
    I'm still trying to figure out where someone could compare a can of spinach to a 50 year old man having sex with a 12 year old...that's a sad way to think!

09-04-09 09:27 AM
    75% of the people on these lists are harmless, teenagers caught having sex and one is just old enough to make it a crime or someone relieving them self in an alley. I am not saying what the did is right, but they are not a ****** or a perve.
    09-04-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD