I have this BlackBerry storm and it has some crazy software problem I think. Whenever I install software like:

* FaceBook
    * Google Talk
    * Google Calendar Sync
    * Yahhoo messenger

the application installs just great during setup but then I get NO ICON TO LAUNCH IT. This is driving me crazy.

On the other hand, other applications install just fine. For example
    * Windows live messenger is working great
    * Berry Snooper I use for tracking my phone is working great
    * My favorite Berry Beacon works great
    * Opera mini installs and runs great.

So some of the apps are messing up, rest are just great.

I've tried installing over the air, using my PC on browser as well as desktop manager. It installs great but no icon shows up in the menu. Can somebody help?
    11-21-09 03:27 AM
    Well, seen this answer somewhere before...go into the downloads and applications folders and show all / unhide everything. If this is a previously owned phone, this may be your answer. If that doesn't work, keep searching around, somebody will have an answer.
    11-21-09 05:32 PM
    Thanks for the responce gdlane21 but I've tried that already. The applications are all unhidden. This is quite interesting that they do show up as INSTALLED in the Options->Advanced->Applications list.

Wierd!
    11-22-09 11:09 PM
    pretty sure its related to the POS app world....dont use it to install them and instead go to the mobile sites and download each
    11-22-09 11:12 PM
    Nah, unfortunately, I dont use the POS app world. I dont have app-world available in my region anyways. I've been rather waiting for it.

I have tied to download it
    1. OTA by going to lets say facebook.com and clicking the link to download facebook app.
    2. Over the browser and installing it using the activex control blackbrery.com gives
    3. Downloading the app and installing it using the Deaktop manager.

Nothing works
    11-22-09 11:15 PM
    Did you try battery pull after installation ? Maybe you need to enable compatibility mode
    Last edited by stanp8; 11-23-09 at 01:51 AM.
    11-23-09 01:48 AM
    Yup. I did try that too
    11-23-09 02:17 AM
    @fandehen: Huh? I'm seriously looking for some help.
    11-23-09 02:37 AM
    Did you check the Instant Messanger folder?
    11-23-09 09:08 AM
    Yeah, not in instant messaging, not in downloads. Nowhere to be found
    11-23-09 01:29 PM
    any more thoughts please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 11:25 PM
    Try resending the service books, Go to the Setup Folder, the Email Setup, sign on, press the BB button, select Service Books, then Send Service Books.
    11-23-09 11:29 PM
    Something similar happened to me when i upgraded the software. I couldnt find blackberry messenger. I downloaded and installed it 6 times. On the 6th time i finally got the icon. Now mind you, if someone sent me an IM through BBM it showed up on there side as delivered... even though i had no icon.
    11-24-09 12:06 AM
    Thats not good. It appears that your software was working in the background somewhere (as BBM does so) but it did'nt show up in the menu may be. In my case, the Facebook app is'nt running for sure as all my facbook notifications are landing in my inbox.

I think i've alredy done it 6 times. Let me install it 6 times as well again May be that works out.
    11-24-09 02:54 AM
    Well, I think I have a different network optoin. I did this:

Went to the Setup Folder,
    Opened Email Settings -- that launches my browser with login/assword on a page.
    I signed on,
    Now I dont find an option of sending Service Book. I think my network guys have disabled the option there?

Try resending the service books, Go to the Setup Folder, the Email Setup, sign on, press the BB button, select Service Books, then Send Service Books.
    11-24-09 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD