02-25-14 01:04 AM
30 12
tools
    Hello there, forums!

Today i've been having some issues with WhatsApp Messenger, phone has been locking itself, i had to do a battery pull, finally i learned how to check the memory usage, cpu usage and all that.

I was surprised to see that WhatsApp Messenger was using almost 78MB of Memory and sometimes the CPU was on 99% considering that i only have 1 contact on it (a friend from Costa Rica who doesn't have a BlackBerry)

I'm currently downloading the latest version that came out yesterday.

What i want to know is that if some of you guys are presenting the same issues
    03-24-11 06:23 PM
    I'm having this exact same problem. Started today. An answer would be fantastic!
    03-24-11 07:17 PM
    YES! it started just today, i really don't know why, did you install the latest version that's on App World?

I still haven't downloaded it, but i'll do it on a while and report back, if this thing keeps on going, i'll have to uninstall the app.. because it's really hogging the cpu and the memory :S
    03-24-11 07:29 PM
    I'm having the same problem too. Fixes itself when I reinstall whatsapp, but does come back again x.x
    03-25-11 12:47 AM
    Same issue here...
    I try to install the beta version..
    03-25-11 04:27 AM
    I had the same thing on my Torch, but to the point where it would make the phone go super slow or malfunction, but it sucks up an unreasonable amount of resource.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 05:56 AM
    I upgraded WhatsApp today when I got a prompt and noticed my BB slowed down. At first I thought it was BeBuzz since I installed the pro version today, but it wasn't. I've also done battery pulls but it doesn't help. Opening and pulling up menus takes longer than usual.
    03-25-11 06:08 AM
    OMG. Im having the same problem. Its taking up too much of my CPU!
    and it cant be other apps as i dont have many because this is a brand new blackberry!
    I deleted whats app anyway, until they release a new update that is!
    03-25-11 08:18 AM
    As i said before the new beta seems ok..
    Ota here: WhatsApp for BlackBerry
    Try and post your opinion!!

Luca.
    03-25-11 08:20 AM
    I have a Bold 9650 and was having the same problem as well, luckily I was able to kill the process via the Engineering Screens, because it was using up 95% CPU, too much.

Will install beta and see how that works out.

Edit: Same thing..using CPU like crazy....I will delete the app for now until Whatsapp can tell us what the **** is going on...not acceptable to have a battery die like me that quickly on a business day
    Last edited by Culex316; 03-25-11 at 10:13 AM.
    03-25-11 09:45 AM
    Yes.. same thing with beta release.
    I wrote to support...
    03-25-11 01:36 PM
    Yes, same thing with beta release, the only thing i don't get is why the slowdown began yesterday?! my battery drained in like 24hrs! when usually it gets 48hrs+ (i'm not abusing my phone everyday browsing the webs, just the basics)

And it happened with all versions, i got reports that the 2.6.2606 version has the problem, i didn't had that version. i had the 2.6.2583 (something like that) i installed the beta one (2.6.2673) and the same problem appeared. It could be a problem with its servers? who knows?
    03-25-11 02:27 PM
    Hey guys, I encountered the exact same problem and then i also send an email to whatsapp support and they replied now with a link that i should try and then report back to them. I hope its gonna work because whatsapp made my blackberry bold 9780 not usable. If it works i will tell you asap.
    03-25-11 05:44 PM
    Till now it works perfectly fine but it says that whatsapp is using 0% CPU which kinda cant be :S soo ill wait a bit and see what happens.

You have to access this link directly from your blackberry:

WhatsApp for BlackBerry

hope it works
    03-25-11 05:52 PM
    Interesting... I too noticed a very noticeable slow down on my 9780 this morning. I quick searched revealed the "new" whatsapp I downloaded from App World a couple of days ago was using up all my cpu % even when I had excited the program. A couple of battery pulls didn't helpl. So I decided to uninstall it and archive it in App World.

I sent an email to whatsapp support. I hope a fix is coming soon.
    03-25-11 10:12 PM
    me too having the same issue on Bold 7980
    03-26-11 04:41 AM
    same issue.

I un-installed and re-installed it, then reboot -- it works ok now.

hope this helps.
    :-)
    03-26-11 07:17 AM
    Until I get confirmation that Whatsapp fixed the issue, I am not reinstalling the app.
    03-26-11 07:48 AM
    Anyone knows whether there is a way we could download and install the previous version again?
    03-26-11 11:14 AM
    we have rolled back some recent changes that can cause problems. please upgrade from WhatsApp for BlackBerry website. thanks
    Befuddledberry likes this.
    03-26-11 06:54 PM
    hi guys, can you please try .2725 from WhatsApp for BlackBerry URL and provide us feedback after 24 hours of use? thanks
    03-27-11 07:33 PM
    hi guys, can you please try .2725 from WhatsApp for BlackBerry URL and provide us feedback after 24 hours of use? thanks
    I please to report back that .2725 has been on my 9780 for over 24hrs and I have seen none of the problems I encountered with 2606. It's a keeper!
    Befuddledberry likes this.
    03-28-11 09:58 PM
    Yes, Same problem, It unlocked itself
    Last week, I locked the phone and put it in my pocket, my dad told me that i called him 7 times but i did not, It's in my pocket and am sure the Keypad is locked, I added my piano teacher's phone number, she had an iphone with whatsapp, I added her to my contact list, I talked to her on Whatsapp, hours later When i was sleeping, it called my piano teacher 5 times (Am sure this is Whatsapp problem, It always happen after i Installed Whatsapp)

It's taking alot of phone's memory too, My phone is going slow
    03-28-11 11:41 PM
    I'll do it pleasantly when my Carrier solves the problems it has with the data i can't download anything right now and my router went dead. So, no WiFi or reliable data plan for me
    03-29-11 05:45 PM
    I've been trying the 2.6.2862 for almost 2 days and zero issues whatsoever, the thing i don't like is that the beta versions are updating sometimes twice or even 3 times a day. I don't see the point.

But so far, so good.
    04-04-11 08:32 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD