I had this problem on my 9700 running OS5 but now I've upgraded to the 9900 and still can't seem to send pics via the Google Talk app. It always gives me an error saying "No Google Talk contacts available" when I am currently chatting with one. The app itself doesn't offer an option to send a pic so I am doing it in the media section of my BB.

Any suggestions?
    03-08-12 05:29 PM
    This is RIM's Google Talk app so they won't allow you to send pics (or any type of file) to other non BB smartphones, only to other BB users with Google Talk - which is stupid since BBM already does this.
    03-09-12 04:30 PM
    Huh? It doesn't have to do with the app being RIM developed. Google Talk doesn't even support file transfer on android.
    03-09-12 06:31 PM
    Hmm I didn't know that. I guess it would make sense since my google talk contacts don't have BBs and if they did I would just use BBM.
    03-10-12 03:04 PM
    Huh? It doesn't have to do with the app being RIM developed. Google Talk doesn't even support file transfer on android.
    Yep. Always found it puzzling how we couldn't send pics on gtalk even on Android. Dumb.
    03-13-12 04:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD