Is there an app that will let you send a webpage from Firefox (on a regular computer), to your Blackberry so that it can be read offline?

Please note, I'm talking about an entire webpage (or its main text) that can be read, say, in the subway where there's zero reception - not just sending a link.

On the iPhone this app is called Instapaper. In 2011 there was a Blackberry version called Instaread but it has completely disappeared from the Blackberry app store and the internet.

I have a BB Bold 9930.

thanks
    Last edited by readthis; 03-02-12 at 08:57 PM.
    03-02-12 08:53 PM
    Is there an app that will let you send a webpage from Firefox (on a regular computer), to your Blackberry so that it can be read offline?

Please note, I'm talking about an entire webpage (or its main text) that can be read, say, in the subway where there's zero reception - not just sending a link.

On the iPhone this app is called Instapaper. In 2011 there was a Blackberry version called Instaread but it has completely disappeared from the Blackberry app store and the internet.

I have a BB Bold 9930.

thanks
    What about Evernote? I haven't tried it but may.
    Free Evernote - Download Evernote - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    03-03-12 09:27 AM
    No - Evernote does NOT do this. It does a vaguely similar thing that is ultimately a big dysfunctional quagmire, because...

1) You have to manually sync Evernote on your phone. There is way whatsoever to get Evernote to automatically send things to your phone.

2) When you sync on your phone, it doesn't even sync at all. What Evernote misleadingly calls 'syncing' is simply downloading a *list* of your saved items( such as webpages)

To *actually* sync, you have manually open each saved item, one by one. Only then does the item actually get put on your phone. *This defeats the whole purpose!*

3) If you delete a saved item from your phone, it gets deleted from your *entire* Evernote account, on all the computers where you have it installed, and online.

4) The font size is shockingly small, much smaller than any normal BB web browsing. If you enlarge it even a tiny bit, the lines extend beyond the screen, rendering the page unreadable.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-06-12 11:27 AM
    Based on this detailed description, I will NOT be trying Evernote.
    Thanks for the info!
    03-06-12 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD