I was wondering if there is an app/ suggest an app for developpers:

I use BBM mostly...but when I do text I've noticed I've gotten so used to being able to use the enter button to send my messages that sometimes if I'm going really fast I hit enter on my SMS, it starts a new line, and then I switch to another app and a few hours later I find out the text didn't send.

So is there/could there be a simple app that integrates into the SMS bb app that uses the enter key to send? I've tried several SMS to IM programs but I don't like them...I'd really just like this feature integrated into my existing SMS.
    10-03-08 12:12 PM
    If this were available I would spend top dollar for it! I also have issues with unsent text messages thanks to being so used to BBM.
    10-03-08 12:35 PM
    if such an app existed how would we be able to put a return in our messages?
    10-03-08 12:51 PM
    Hit the bb button then enter, its one more keystroke, but I find it easier than using the trackball.
    10-03-08 12:53 PM
    if such an app existed how would we be able to put a return in our messages?
    returns get deleted in smses anyways...once they're sent all formatting goes out the window
    10-03-08 01:06 PM
    Navan I just sent myself this text:

Hi.

Hi.

Hi.

And it arrived with the spaces as sent. Have oi missed the point?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 01:32 PM
    Navan I just sent myself this text:

Hi.

Hi.

Hi.

And it arrived with the spaces as sent. Have oi missed the point?

that is not the point... Navan wants to be able to send SMS with the press of the enter key. Honestly, this is highly impractical... because some people use returns in their SMS...

It is practical to send with the 'Enter' for BBM and JiveTalk, etc because it is an instant messenger...
    10-03-08 01:45 PM
    When it gets sent to another bb it wi still have the formatting...because smart phones do that

10-03-08 02:12 PM
    When it gets sent to another bb it wi still have the formatting...because smart phones do that

10-03-08 02:28 PM
    Got it. Ye I use Enter/returns loads in Texts. Whats being asked for seems only for I.M as stated.

Interesting to know only smartphones keep the formatting.

10-03-08 04:08 PM
    I wouldn't use this app personally. I would rather confirm that I hit the trackball twice to send and be able to use the enter key as a return in my texts. Plus, how many of us have inadvertantly hit the enter key a little too early and only sent partial messages? I'll stick with the traditional method.
    10-03-08 04:13 PM
    For consistency I think it would be better to do a ALT+ENTER or something to send as all otehr text editors and everything use ENTER for newline. It's been my experience as a software developer that if you change the rules for just one thing and one thing only, the majority of people get mad.
    10-04-08 12:51 AM
    well that's why it's an optional app...I don't text other smartphone users I text cellphone users (otherwise I'd be iming them!)

As with all other apps some ppl would love it and others would hate it. I, personally, would adore it.
    10-04-08 11:13 AM
  14. MarsVolt
    I don't mind it. On my Instinct I'd have to exit the keyboard then touch send. And on my sidekick all I had to do was press menu+m and it sent. I do wish the BlackBerry had more shortcuts like the Sidekick. It made it a lot easier to multi task

10-05-08 05:44 AM
    Just hit the menu button then enter to send sms. Its only one additional button press and doesn't require an additional app

10-05-08 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD