In the native BB browser you can click the BB button and scroll down to find an option to send a link of the current web page via sms or email. Is there a way to do this with Opera mini 5 beta 2 other than copy, open email and make new message then paste the link?

The BB way is soo easy but I prefer the Opera browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 05:11 PM
    What's going on cb family? What's so good about the Opera operating system vs the one that comes with the phone? can some1 please explain? Thanks n advance Eli
    01-23-10 05:15 PM
    The opera browser renders pages much faster and much better. It looks and feels more like a regular browser than the BB one. The BB browser is kinda slow and basic.

01-23-10 05:19 PM
    The opera browser renders pages much faster and much better. It looks and feels more like a regular browser than the BB one. The BB browser is kinda slow and basic.

Aight appreciate it Doxiedad
    01-23-10 05:29 PM

Yep that's what I say

01-23-10 10:23 PM
    In the native BB browser you can click the BB button and scroll down to find an option to send a link of the current web page via sms or email. Is there a way to do this with Opera mini 5 beta 2 other than copy, open email and make new message then paste the link?

The BB way is soo easy but I prefer the Opera browser.

I was trying to do the same thing today, and could not figure it out. This is a beta after all, so you should send Opera an email about the issue like I will be doing. This is what beta testing is for. They look for feedback from us to help make it better. Hopefully it will be put on after the beta testing is done.

01-23-10 11:40 PM
    To copy a link in Opera Mini.
    Click BB button
    Scroll to "Enter Address"
    Scroll down to "Insert Symbol" and click
    it will open a page with the link displayed. You can copy it from here.
    01-24-10 12:13 AM
    Here is what you do. Click the  (blackberry) button and the address bar shows. Put your cursor on the address bar and hold down on your trackball, trackpad, etc. for 2 seconds. Select copy then paste it into an email, etc.

01-24-10 07:15 AM
    Here is what you do. Click the  (blackberry) button and the address bar shows. Put your cursor on the address bar and hold down on your trackball, trackpad, etc. for 2 seconds. Select copy then paste it into an email, etc.

Yeah I knew how to do it that way, was hoping for a more integrated way to do it. Guess I'll email opera and request it.

And by the way you can press the 1 button instead to bring up the option to copy/paste.

Thanks

01-24-10 07:34 AM
    More importantly, how did sdmcwilliams get the BlackBerry symbol in his text? How does the browser even know what that symbol is? And how does one make it without copying and pasting it? Can it only be seen on a BB?

I'm bewildered.

Like my son used to say when he was a little kid, he'd shrug his shoulders, raise both hands with palms up, and with a bewildered look on his face, he'd say, "What the?" That's all he said, "What the?", with nothing after it. Made us laugh uncontrollably, coming from a four year old.

01-24-10 08:26 AM
    The ? has been floating around since the bold 9000 dropped. Copy and paste. Simple.

01-24-10 08:42 AM
    The ? has been floating around since the bold 9000 dropped. Copy and paste. Simple.

Yes, but when you copy/paste, it turns it into a question mark when viewing from a BB. Just like it did in your reply.

Last edited by TravellingFool; 01-24-10 at 08:46 AM.
    01-24-10 08:44 AM
    I'm betting it's a bbcode symbol that is proprietary to this site.

I wish there was a way to view the html source code from a BB without a 3rd party app. Arrrgh.

I'm also betting that it can't be viewed on a PC. HTML code would have no way of knowing how to display that.

It either has to be BlackBerry specific or a bbcode symbol that can only display in Opera and the native browser. Just thinking out loud here.

Sorry for the hijack.

Last edited by TravellingFool; 01-24-10 at 11:04 AM.
    01-24-10 08:55 AM
    More importantly, how did sdmcwilliams get the BlackBerry symbol in his text? How does the browser even know what that symbol is? And how does one make it without copying and pasting it? Can it only be seen on a BB?

I'm bewildered.

Like my son used to say when he was a little kid, he'd shrug his shoulders, raise both hands with palms up, and with a bewildered look on his face, he'd say, "What the?" That's all he said, "What the?", with nothing after it. Made us laugh uncontrollably, coming from a four year old.

For the Blackberry symbol see here
    BB Character Symbols - Themes4BB.com -The Number 1 Site for Free Blackberry Themes

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/inse...device-409892/

Copy them into AutoText and create a shortcut. I made bb the one for the logo. Every time I type bb it enters it.
    01-24-10 10:23 AM
    For the Blackberry symbol see here
    BB Character Symbols - Themes4BB.com -The Number 1 Site for Free Blackberry Themes

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/inse...device-409892/

Copy them into AutoText and create a shortcut. I made bb the one for the logo. Every time I type bb it enters it.
    I appreciate the help. I made an AutoText entry, and it does create the bb symbol when I do it in a text or email, but when I do it here on WAP, I see the bb symbol in the text field that I am typing in, but when I click Post Reply, once it posts my reply it shows up as a question mark.

Last edited by TravellingFool; 01-24-10 at 11:15 AM.
    01-24-10 11:07 AM
    I just found this thread searching for an answer to the same issue: I'd like to be able to send a link from Opera!

Hopefully they'll remember to add this feature - I use it all the time.

Also couldn't find any "top" or "bottom" shortcut, but found that spacebar is a quick way to scroll down, and the "e" (2) key scrolls up -- you can hit these fast to move up and down a long page quickly.

Last time I tried Opera mini is was unusable so I uninstalled and hadn't looked at it in a while --now it's excellent. I like it better than Bolt -- much snazzier, better UI and loads much faster.

Opera mini is good enough to become my primary bb browser -- would like to figure out though how to send a link!

Excellent browser!

01-29-10 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD