I've been using Seesmic as my desktop Twitter client for a long time now and love it. So I was super excited to get an email today about the release of Seesmic for Blackberry.

I installed it immediately and love it! So much better than Twitterberry and Uber Twitter. And it's smooth as butter on my 9700.

Has anybody else tried it out? What do you think about it?

BlackBerry - Seesmic

You can go to the following link on your Blackberry to get it OTA too.

Seesmic for Android and BlackBerry

ETA - I almost forgot to say that it's free! Free!
    Last edited by SmoochyTX; 11-20-09 at 05:32 PM.
    11-20-09 05:30 PM
    THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!! its only for OS 4.6 and higher!!! MAN! talk about a Tease!
    11-20-09 05:39 PM
    THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!! its only for OS 4.6 and higher!!! MAN! talk about a Tease!
    Sorry. I forgot to mention that in my excitement.
    11-20-09 05:43 PM
    Sorry. I forgot to mention that in my excitement.
    I know! I got the email earlier and was all excited until I went to download it on my phone, and found that out! So, it wasn't you at all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 05:47 PM
    DL'ing now. Will report back on my thoughts.
    11-20-09 05:56 PM
    yea its really fast and the user interface is slick!!!......but it doesnt notify you if you have new tweets?.....only DM and repies are notified?......wish you could also set gropus like socialscope
    11-20-09 06:07 PM
    So this doesn't work for 5.0?

11-20-09 06:15 PM
    yes it does work on OS 5.0.....im using it on my tour now......
    11-20-09 06:16 PM
    yea its really fast and the user interface is slick!!!......but it doesnt notify you if you have new tweets?.....only DM and repies are notified?......wish you could also set gropus like socialscope
    This is Seesmic's first version of its Blackberry app and if they update their app as often as they do their desktop Twitter application then I expect lots of features to be added very soon!

But as far as notifying me of new tweets, I have one account that follows a little over a hundred people and then another account where I follow almost a thousand. I'd hate to be notified constantly about all the new tweets coming in. I suppose that could be something that could be turned on or off, etc.
    11-20-09 06:16 PM
    agreed.....looking really good for a first beta/alpha
    11-20-09 06:27 PM
    I deleted Ubertwitter from my BB because Seesmic is great and takes less space. If only they meshed the Android versions UI with the BB versions features it would easily be the best BB app no discussion.
    11-20-09 06:40 PM
    Aside from support for lists, how is this any diff from ubertwitter? Actually, I think ubertwitter has more features. Really smooth app though, I'm sure it will get better.

11-20-09 06:42 PM
    it doesnt alert youy if you have new tweets does it?
    11-20-09 06:43 PM
    Seems pretty cool...I still like Tweet Genius the best...the other free one I have is tweetcaster...I like that to.
    11-20-09 06:53 PM
    Anyone have any luck getting the notifications icon to disappear? Mine is stuck at 5 notifications and will only go away if I reboot the phone. But the moment I log back on the notifications are back and show however many tweets there have been since the last time.

Going back to Uber.
    11-20-09 06:56 PM
    Anyone have any luck getting the notifications icon to disappear? Mine is stuck at 5 notifications and will only go away if I reboot the phone. But the moment I log back on the notifications are back and show however many tweets there have been since the last time.

Going back to Uber.
    You probably already did this but...

From within Seesmic, hit the Menu button and then Replies. Then hit the Menu button and Direct Messages. That should clear everything out.
    11-20-09 07:00 PM
    Yeah, that icon is stuck on my screen too, uninstalling now

11-20-09 07:01 PM
    Ah I love it. Smooth riding & the interface for sending tweets is grrrrrrrrrreat!
    11-20-09 07:11 PM
    Agreed,,but its work in wi fi area only
    11-20-09 07:11 PM
    I likey... it's petite. With a slick interface. This one might be a keeper.
    11-20-09 07:15 PM
    I'm having problems making this app work. When I tried to login, it gives me a No network connection error. What gives?

Edit: ok it seems the app works with just fine with wifi. But I was expecting it was supposed to work with data connection.

Last edited by marvzz; 11-20-09 at 07:41 PM.
    11-20-09 07:29 PM
    gonna try this out.
    11-20-09 07:45 PM
    The notifier doesn't ever go away although the actual count does once you've checked your @replies and DM's. This has a few things Ubertwitter doesn't have but it lacks some things as well, including the option to see your followers and those you follow so for now I"m sticking with ubertwitter until this app is updated a bit more.

I've kinda given up on actually getting a socialscope invite
    11-20-09 07:49 PM
    how can i get the gps location to be added to my tweet? I see at the bottom gps location and it finds me but it doesnt add the location.
    11-20-09 07:52 PM
    quick installation, good program but its stuck on my screen too. Hmmmm.
    11-20-09 07:52 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD