I installed 4.5.0.55 a couple of days ago, now every time I use the application loader from the desktop manager it says...

It seems like its reinstalling the OS and installing the program Picture ID. When I install themes it takes soooo long. How long should themes normally take to install.
    08-10-08 03:47 PM
    Themes should be loaded separately... and not load the entire OS!

Are you sure the OS on your PC and the OS on your device are the same, because it may be trying to load a different OS. Or, have you modified the OS at all since your last OS install??
    08-10-08 03:51 PM
    How do you mean modified my OS since my last install?

I just goto desktop manager, click application loader, click browse, click the program or theme .alx file, click next, and it gives me that screen i posted. If i continue it takes about 10-15 minutes to install a theme. Is that normal?
    08-10-08 03:57 PM
    Yeah... 10 to 15 minutes for an app/theme install is pretty normal

If it took about 45 mins or an hour, then it would not be!

*EDIT* : (when it installs... is your Berry loading only the theme or other items? You can watch the progress bar to tell)
    08-10-08 04:06 PM
    I'm pretty sure its just updating my OS, and loading the themes, because it only stays on the OS for a second, and only stays on the theme for a minute, the longest part is the "connecting to device" stage (which I understand is normal)
    08-10-08 04:10 PM
    I dont understand why you'd get all of this just for loading a theme. Out of curiousity, when you upgraded, did you again remove the vendor.xml? I thinking that w/O it, your DM is thinking your upgrading again.

I could be wrong. McB can weigh in here.

I installed 4.5.0.55 a couple of days ago, now every time I use the application loader from the desktop manager it says...

It seems like its reinstalling the OS and installing the program Picture ID. When I install themes it takes soooo long. How long should themes normally take to install.
    08-10-08 04:14 PM

This is what I see when I click Add/remove applications. See how the OS option is greyed out. I cant deselect even if I wanted to.
    08-10-08 04:15 PM
    I dont understand why you'd get all of this just for loading a theme. Out of curiousity, when you upgraded, did you again remove the vendor.xml? I thinking that w/O it, your DM is thinking your upgrading again.
    I deleted the vendor.xml before initial installation. I have not done anything with it since.
    08-10-08 04:19 PM
    I deleted the vendor.xml before initial installation. I have not done anything with it since.
    As long as you still have the vendor.xml, I cant grasp why this would be happening to you. If McB cant help you, contact Pete6; he may have an answer.
    08-10-08 04:21 PM
    When you get the Add/Remove options... keep everything as you had it selected when you initially loaded the OS, or you will be removing or adding new features.

Then you add the themes or apps you want... and then continue. DesktopManager / AppLoader checks the configuration and then makes the changes needed (adding / removing)... goes through the procedure and then you are done!!

What you are doing is correct... it is not loading the entire OS at all! The connecting to device stage is the part that takes the most time. But the actual loading stage should only add or remove the items you selected

*EDIT* : And Lex, the vendor.xml should not be an issue! I remove my vendor.xml and never use it again...
    08-10-08 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD