I used google sync before I activated my new Tour, only problem I had with the first was the muffled issue, this one is FAR worse. I sound way more muffled, crackly, the phone is extremely laggy, and I have had to remove the battery 4 times in the first 20 minutes because it freezes. The internet is sometimes giving me a gateway error, and nothing else is working either

So I used google sync, it synced 200 contacts, but missed 87, and I re-synced and nothing changed, what do I do not?

If I get another Curve, my eligibility is gone for my line and I would have to pay full price for the Tour, IF and when its fixed if I keep this one, I will get a refurb, what would you do? You would think Sprint would work with me more but the guy at tech support said this is the first he has heard of this muffled issue
    07-27-09 07:03 PM
    I used google sync before I activated my new Tour, only problem I had with the first was the muffled issue, this one is FAR worse. I sound way more muffled, crackly, the phone is extremely laggy, and I have had to remove the battery 4 times in the first 20 minutes because it freezes. The internet is sometimes giving me a gateway error, and nothing else is working either

So I used google sync, it synced 200 contacts, but missed 87, and I re-synced and nothing changed, what do I do not?

If I get another Curve, my eligibility is gone for my line and I would have to pay full price for the Tour, IF and when its fixed if I keep this one, I will get a refurb, what would you do? You would think Sprint would work with me more but the guy at tech support said this is the first he has heard of this muffled issue
    Yo, April. I think your phone is lagging because it is trying to do so much in the background with all the Google sync and everything else that happens when a brand new phone turns on the first day. I'd be a bit patient and try it again later tonight to see how it is going.

As far as the muffled sound, it could be that you need to adjust your audio properties or you have a headset that isn't compatible. I'm on my second Tour (First one had the bad trackball that wouldn't scroll properly horizontally), and neither of them have been muffled, nor have they lagged.
    07-27-09 07:20 PM
    I adjusted the audio settings as stated in the other thread, left myself a vmail on the first Tour, and did on the second, thats how I know I sound so bad. And this was before I put the sync on my device. I let the phone load, did a battery pull, twice. And still the same issue, and that was all before I ran sync and that made it worse
    07-27-09 07:24 PM
    After you activate the phone on the network it's supposed to be laggy for the first 15-20 minutes as it is sending/receiving information from Verizon's network and it's updating your phone. This is to be expected....

The muffled sound is not however...
    07-27-09 08:05 PM
    Well, its been an hour and 15 minutes, and still laggy and freezing....Ugh I just installed my Invisible shield yesterday on it too . Which is crap btw....I am stuck with the phone I guess.
    07-27-09 08:16 PM
    I swapped mine because the first one was muffled. My new one is a bit laggy compared to the first but not horrible. Only person who says I am muffled now is my wife. I dunno, I'll hold onto it for another week or so and see if it improves. I was hoping I wouldn't have to swap it out again as that is just a big PITA. Still love the phone anyway.
    07-27-09 08:17 PM
    There is no reason you can't keep exchanging it, some people have done it 4, 5, 6 and even 7 times. You will and deserve to get one your happy with.
    07-27-09 08:21 PM
    Can't you switch back to your old phone and save your upgrade? Why do you have to get a curve?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 08:23 PM
    Yea, thats what I think too. BUT, I cannot send in my MIR until I get one that I can keep which really sucks.....I am sending the IS back and calling to get another Tour sent to me soon
    07-27-09 08:24 PM
    I had a Touch Pro before, went through 9 of them in 4 months. 50 times worse than this phone and I wont go back to it. In fact, you couldnt pay me to. I love this phone so much, I guess I will have to keep swapping and hope for one and if I do not get one, I will have to just get a refurb when its fixed

You would think because of all of this they would put a note in my account that when the issue is fixed they will send me a new phone instead of a refurb, but that is "against policy"
    07-27-09 08:26 PM
    I put on my Phantomskin before I eventually had to return my for trackball issues as well. I learned my lesson not to apply the skin until I know the device is solid.

On a side note, I'm not all that happy with PS skins either. I have always used Bodyguardz for many devices and have always been happy but for whatever reason I decided to try PS this time and I'm sorry I did. They seem to have vertical lines and rainbows in it more than BG ever did so I just ordered BD for my Tour. Not to mention lifetime replacements is sweet!
    07-27-09 08:29 PM
    Yea I want something like the one that comes with the phone....That would work fine for my use but they come off after awhile

This ******* from order support (no clue why i was sent there) said only 1 exchange within 30 days, needless to say I flipped out, so a new one is on its way....I have a return kit here and I do not know if it is for the defective touch pro or if its for the tour, does it matter as long as I have a tracking number and they get it? I am just gonna have him send 2 return kits.
    07-27-09 08:43 PM
    Yea I want something like the one that comes with the phone....That would work fine for my use but they come off after awhile

This ******* from order support (no clue why i was sent there) said only 1 exchange within 30 days, needless to say I flipped out, so a new one is on its way....I have a return kit here and I do not know if it is for the defective touch pro or if its for the tour, does it matter as long as I have a tracking number and they get it? I am just gonna have him send 2 return kits.
    I saw that 1 exchange in 30 days and the receipt states the following:

Only one exchange within the first 30 days will be honored, unless the exchange is requested due to defective equipment.

So you simply need to state or prove that the device you is defective and there should be no limitations.
    07-27-09 08:49 PM
    The thing I cannot figure out, is EVERYONE from Sprint now is saying I sound find, but everyone else says otherwise, and I listened to my own voicemail.... Ahhhhh I am gonna go nuts
    07-27-09 08:49 PM
    I saw that 1 exchange in 30 days and the receipt states the following:

Only one exchange within the first 30 days will be honored, unless the exchange is requested due to defective equipment.

So you simply need to state or prove that the device you is defective and there should be no limitations.
    Thanks ;-)

I do not see why anyone would wanna exchange within 30 days other than defective equipment anyways.....Unless they dropped it or something
    07-27-09 08:50 PM
    I was about ready to return my Tour for a lot of the same reason until I realized what the problem was. I had just slipped the micro sd card out of my Curve and put it in the Tour without reformatting it.

I reformatted the micro sd card while in the Tour and my lag issues with the software, trackball and most of all, the camera were immediately resolved. Another thing I noticed is that the audio volume on the Tour blows the Curve away. I have to turn the earpiece down on the phone and the bluetooth when I use it as well as the phones speaker down due to it being so loud. Very unusual for any cell phone to have too much volume to the point that it distorts but that the case with this phone in my opinion. Not a bad thing actually as usually people complain about a lack of volume.

Biggest thing I am having adjust to is that I came from Sprint to try this phone out. I am finding that I miss the 7pm starting time for the free minutes and the "bundling" of all services at one low price like the Navigation, Sprint Cup Mobile, NFL mobile, Unlimited Text of Picture Messaging, Sprint TV etc. No difference in coverage were I live so I am still trying to decide what to do. Best Buy does not get the Tour until the 2nd of August thats why I am trying the Tour on Verizon. As for the phone operation itself:

All is well now.
    Last edited by ekb55; 07-27-09 at 09:46 PM.
    07-27-09 08:51 PM
    I'm sorry you're having so many problems getting a Tour that actually works. I guess I was lucky, it only took one exchange for me to get the "perfect" Tour---no muffled sound, solid battery cover, mininal/no lagging, no rippling of screen, etc. I'm not happy about having a 3.5mm headset jack, but that's another issue.

I'm with Verizon so I don't know how Sprint works, but how can they only allow you one return in 30 days if you have a defective phone? I called Verizon customer service before I went to the corporate store to exchange my first Tour and the rep admitted that I sounded very muffled. She also suggested that I go to my local Verizon corporate store rather than handle it by mail so I could check the phone before activating it.

Is there a Sprint store that you can go to rather than doing this by mail? I don't know if that's an option for you, but it worked for me.

Believe me, I feel your frustration and I hope you get this worked out. The Tour really is a great phone *if* you get a good one.
    07-27-09 08:58 PM
    Unfortunately, Sprint does not have them in stores yet
    07-27-09 09:02 PM
    Actually all is well with my Tour. I was just saying that I miss the plans and other features of Sprint. Your right about the 30 day deal however if you have issues you can return a defective phone as many times as you like with Sprint until you get a good one. I really dont have any network complaints with Verizon, just the cost of the plans themself. I certainly do not want to turn this into a my network is better than yours deal. As I stated earlier, I live in an area that has great coverage with all the carriers.

When Best Buy gets the Tour in stock Aug 2nd I may or may not switch back to Sprint, have not decided yet.

Oh yea and as for the loose battery door issue that people complain about, putting tape on the inside of the door is not the fix. Taking a pair of needle nose pliers and squeezing the double clips that are between the inside of the cover by the battery contacts is the problem. I just squeezed mine so they are closer to the door itself so when you place it back on the phone, it catches the phone itself tighter and all is well.
    Last edited by ekb55; 07-27-09 at 09:49 PM.
    07-27-09 09:44 PM
    Yea, thats what I think too. BUT, I cannot send in my MIR until I get one that I can keep which really sucks.....I am sending the IS back and calling to get another Tour sent to me soon
    What are you referring to when you say "IS"?
    07-27-09 10:13 PM
    Unfortunately, Sprint does not have them in stores yet
    Where are you located? The Sprint stores in SW FL have them in stores. Have also seen post for other cities that have them in stores.
    07-27-09 10:20 PM
    I am in Martinsburg Wv and the closest store is 2 hours away in Frederick Maryland.....IS= Invisible Shiels
    07-27-09 10:49 PM
    My tour has been the same way. I've only had it for three days and on the first day I had to do battery pulls like 8 times. Periodically it will shut off and restart itself. Should i go back to the store to get it looked at or is this to be expected and is just the software itself?
    07-28-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD