Any fix for my keyboard issue? I assume it's user error, or maybe this version isnt storm friendly? Any help is appreciated. Either way, great app.
    01-07-10 06:15 PM
    How about a few sports sites? ESPN, MLB, Yahoo.

Also a 'check for updates' feature in options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 07:23 PM
    Any fix for my keyboard issue? I assume it's user error, or maybe this version isnt storm friendly? Any help is appreciated. Either way, great app.
    Happening to me too. Am trying a reboot and see if that helps. Shao, do you have any insight on this issue? Why the keyboard isnt coming up for Storm users?

Update: After a reboot still not bringing up keyboard when clicking in the search window.
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 01-07-10 at 08:52 PM.
    01-07-10 08:48 PM
    I know what the storm keyboard issue is, Ill fix it up in the morning.

01-07-10 10:03 PM
    Shao, your stuff rocks!
    01-07-10 11:18 PM
    http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/Storm/SearchIt.jad

Version 1.28, fixed the issue with Storm keyboard not popping up. This build wont work on other devices, storm only, but Ill fix that shortly.

Shao, your stuff rocks!
    Thank you

And to everyone else who has provided suggestions I am working on implementing a few more of them.
    Last edited by Shao128; 01-08-10 at 01:08 PM.
    01-08-10 12:43 PM
    http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/SearchIt.jad

Version 1.28, fixed the issue with Storm keyboard not popping up. This build wont work on other devices, storm only, but Ill fix that shortly.

Thank you

And to everyone else who has provided suggestions I am working on implementing a few more of them.

Very nice. Works great, thanks again Shao. Great App.
    01-08-10 12:55 PM
    Ok Ive had to branch the code so there are 2 builds now. One for the Storm and one for everything else.

Non touch build: http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/SearchIt.jad
    Storm build: http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/Storm/SearchIt.jad
    01-08-10 01:08 PM
    This version works great on the storm! Thanks

01-08-10 01:24 PM
    Again, awesome app. I gave it a write-up in my latest Tech in Hiding article for "Five BlackBerry Power Utilities":

Five BlackBerry Power Utilities | Tech in Hiding
    01-08-10 04:14 PM
    Again, awesome app. I gave it a write-up in my latest Tech in Hiding article for "Five BlackBerry Power Utilities":

Five BlackBerry Power Utilities | Tech in Hiding
    Awesome! Thanks
    01-09-10 01:20 PM
    Another big update v1.43

- Added: Suggest. Will pop up suggestions while you type. This can be turned off in options.
    - Added: Recent Searches. Pressing enter or clicking the search icon while the searchbar is empty will bring up your last 4 searches
    - Added: Option to change what the menu button will do. "quick" is the current way which cycles through search engines and "full" brings up the list of all sites.
    - Change: Custom Search now has its own screen

Other small bug fixes not really worth mentioning as well.

Just to recap for people trying this beta since 1.0 the changes have included:
    - rewrote searchbar code, fixes issues with autotext input
    - added popup with help information on first run when the user presses menu
    - other small code improvents and bug fixes (including fix for conflicting menu item with Leave It On)
    - Bolt and Opera Mini support! Yes, I was able to do it (what a pain in the ... to figure out tho)
    -Added CNN.com as a site
    -Added paste function - press space 3 times in the searchbar
    -Added text selection option - When in another screen on your BB, ie Messages, SMS etc if you highlight text and select SearchIt from the menu option it will auto populate the searchbar for you with the selected text
    -Added 2nd custom spot
    -Added Help button

This is BETA, which it should function, things might go wrong and that is the feedback I am looking for here.

Last edited by Shao128; 01-13-10 at 11:46 AM.
    01-11-10 03:56 PM
    Another big update v1.43

- Added: Suggest. Will pop up suggestions while you type. This can be turned off in options.
    - Added: Recent Searches. Pressing enter or clicking the search icon while the searchbar is empty will bring up your last 4 searches
    - Added: Option to change what the menu button will do. "quick" is the current way which cycles through search engines and "full" brings up the list of all sites.

Just to recap for people trying this beta since 1.0 the changes have included:
    - rewrote searchbar code, fixes issues with autotext input
    - added popup with help information on first run when the user presses menu
    - other small code improvents and bug fixes (including fix for conflicting menu item with Leave It On)
    - Bolt and Opera Mini support! Yes, I was able to do it (what a pain in the ... to figure out tho)
    -Added CNN.com as a site
    -Added paste function - press space 3 times in the searchbar
    -Added text selection option - When in another screen on your BB, ie Messages, SMS etc if you highlight text and select SearchIt from the menu option it will auto populate the searchbar for you with the selected text
    -Added 2nd custom spot
    -Added Help button

This is BETA, which it should function, things might go wrong and that is the feedback I am looking for here. This build will run on the storm, but recent searches/suggestions will not look right, Im still working on the storm specific version.

Looking awesome Shao! Cant wait for the Storm version
    01-11-10 03:59 PM
    Wow definitely a killer app and its getting per every update

01-11-10 04:48 PM
    Another big update v1.43

That's what I'm talking about! Looks like you hit a home run with the "Auto-Suggest" and "Recent Searches" features.

Just what my BB asked for... Still testing...

Thanks for the update. BING!
    01-11-10 06:03 PM
    What about the storm build?

01-12-10 05:28 AM
    What about the storm build?
    Sometime today I will have it ready.
    01-12-10 08:20 AM
    Wow this app is looking great. 1 thing I would really like to see and 1 comment on the way it all ready is.

1) I would LOVE if you could incorporate a way to type something in and have it pull up Google Maps listing the search entry. ex. I open SeachIt and type in best buy and select google maps. It would then open google maps and list local best buys.

2) Is there a way to reduce the font size of the search options. I only need a few for my own use but I still have to scroll a lot because they don't all fit on the screen
    01-12-10 10:36 AM
    in the app world it is only showing ver 1.0 for this app. where do i get the latest build?
    01-12-10 10:46 AM
    in the app world it is only showing ver 1.0 for this app. where do i get the latest build?
    I would like to know also...I didnt get an email indicating its been updated either.
    01-12-10 10:59 AM
    Shao,

Any chance of you working with JMAL on his Nexus one theme? he's got a google search bar on the homescreen that can appear and disappear on click. It would be way better if it was your SearchIt App that he was using for that. I posted on his theme thread that he should work with you. That would be crazy for his theme and another way to get SearchIt (aka Screw Verizon and Bing) out there!

And thanks for the hook up on SearchIt, you ever want me to test something for you, just hit me up.
    01-12-10 11:20 AM
    Wow this app is looking great. 1 thing I would really like to see and 1 comment on the way it all ready is.

1) I would LOVE if you could incorporate a way to type something in and have it pull up Google Maps listing the search entry. ex. I open SeachIt and type in best buy and select google maps. It would then open google maps and list local best buys.

2) Is there a way to reduce the font size of the search options. I only need a few for my own use but I still have to scroll a lot because they don't all fit on the screen

Ill see about the GM thing.

I like having the font size large like that, I might make it an option in the future to reduce it.
    01-12-10 11:20 AM
    I would like to know also...I didnt get an email indicating its been updated either.

It hasn't been officially released yet, these builds are just beta (so they might have bugs).

You can download it from here: http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/SearchIt.jad
    01-12-10 11:21 AM

I like having the font size large like that
    I Agree, looks best with the larger font.

Also, I noticed that under option if you uncheck "Add to system menu" and exit, SearchIt is properly removed from the system menu. However, when you return to options the check is still present. The option does function correctly so its a simple matter of the check mark being displayed when it shouldn't be.

I'm also noticing strange behavior with the Google suggest terms. When you begin to type a word and the suggestion is displayed, then backspace the word and replace it with something different - the suggestion box doesn't seem to update. Haven't spend much time on this one though.
    01-12-10 12:10 PM

I like having the font size large like that, I might make it an option in the future to reduce it.
    I can live with the font. But the GM integration would be awesome!
    01-12-10 12:39 PM
278 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD