Is there any way that we can make this a widget on our Homescreen? I would pay money for that feature right there. Anyway awesome program thus far.
    12-15-09 11:03 PM
    i sitll would like to see option on system menu............ great app btw
    12-15-09 11:33 PM
    Very nice! Runs smoothly so far on the Storm2. I was looking for a work-around to the whole mandatory Bing search issue and this a really convenient solution. Thanks for the app!
    12-16-09 11:35 AM
    looks like someone released an app on the same idea..but not nearly as nice the interface as this is coming along.

EasySearch - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    12-16-09 12:41 PM
    looks like someone released an app on the same idea..but not nearly as nice the interface as this is coming along.

EasySearch - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Similar idea, but yeah, this is waaaay nicer looking. That other app looks like an "old-school" BlackBerry app; very plain and ugly (but does the job). SearchIt looks great and just needs a few more tweaks to make it just right.
    12-16-09 01:25 PM
    That would be my app and yes at present the UI is very plain and boring

Anyway, I dont want to jump in on this thread as its a bit impolite, I will be opening my own topic for my app shortly.

I do like the UI on the app in this thread
    12-16-09 06:35 PM
    Great app, works well on my 9700 (.421). Gave it a QuickLaunch shortcut, I'll get a lot of use out of this.

I can see use for adding sites like Borders.com and NewEgg.com, personally...
    12-16-09 07:33 PM
    That would be my app and yes at present the UI is very plain and boring

Anyway, I dont want to jump in on this thread as its a bit impolite, I will be opening my own topic for my app shortly.

I do like the UI on the app in this thread
    Sorry man, that's just my opinion. But I give you props, you made the effort and can program for BB, something I'll never be able to do.
    12-16-09 07:48 PM
    Just wanted to give everyone a quick progress update. Ive taken a lot of the suggestions made here and added them into the app, also a few ideas that I came up with along the way . Im not having much luck with Opera/Bolt, but Ill keep trying. I'll be posting a new version tomorrow for everyone to test.
    Last edited by Shao128; 12-16-09 at 08:12 PM.
    12-16-09 08:00 PM
    Sorry man, that's just my opinion. But I give you props, you made the effort and can program for BB, something I'll never be able to do.
    no offence taken its good to have constructive criticism as otherwise we would never be able to improve our apps

If I come up with a way to be able to add an option for Bolt/opera mini to be launched as default then that will be included in my next version and I shall also let shao know how to do it if he would like so it can be added to his app
    12-17-09 04:02 AM
    If I come up with a way to be able to add an option for Bolt/opera mini to be launched as default then that will be included in my next version and I shall also let shao know how to do it if he would like so it can be added to his app
    Thanks, much appreciated I havent had that much time to look into it, been coding other things.
    12-17-09 01:43 PM
    Ok another big update.

- Added system menu option (turn on/off)
    - Added site categories
    - Category labels can be turned on/off
    - Select which sites you do not want to appear in the list
    - Added a bunch more sites based on user feedback (Facebook, Twitter, Google Images, BBForums, Thesaurus, NewEgg, APNews)
    - Home screen menu button now rotates only sites user has selected

I wanted to add more sites that were suggested here, but some of them just did not have mobile friendly versions and did not look good/had issues with the BB browser.

I still have a couple more things to add but wanted to get this up for some more testing.

http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/SearchIt.jad
    Last edited by Shao128; 12-17-09 at 01:54 PM.
    12-17-09 01:47 PM
    it's looking great, keep up the good work and thanks for all of your hard work on
    this app.
    12-17-09 02:22 PM
    Another update

I have added a spot for a custom site. You can enter in a display name for the site and the search url and it will be added to the list.

The url needs have the search path included, not just the website, SearchIt will add your search string to the end of the url.

Example:

BAD:
    Code:
    http://www.google.com
    http://m.yahoo.com
    GOOD:
    Code:
    http://www.google.com/?q=
    http://m.yahoo.com/p/search?p=
    Last edited by Shao128; 12-17-09 at 03:53 PM.
    12-17-09 03:34 PM
    Very sharp update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 03:56 PM
    Shao, awesome app. It directs to all mobile sites now. Love it. One idea - would it be easier to see "the focus" in the magnifier ("to search') if it uses a different color rather than "white." It is not a huge deal at all - if any other color is possible. What do you think?
    12-17-09 04:14 PM
    very nice. The re-draw issue with Shortcutme is still there but the ability to add to the system menu makes the point moot for me.

I did notice that if the Custom search is unchecked in options, it still shows up in the search list but not when you use the button to scroll through them.
    12-17-09 05:28 PM
    i have the option check marked for it to show up in my system menu but i dont see it there. other then that i have no other issues. this is one of my favorite apps now since verizon is only allowing people to search using bing
    12-17-09 06:51 PM
    Loving this app. Latest update(s) have been great. Definitely buying a license (unless it's something crazy like $20 ).

Very nice job to the developer.
    12-18-09 06:44 AM
    Loving this app. Latest update(s) have been great. Definitely buying a license (unless it's something crazy like $20 ).

Very nice job to the developer.
    shao said it will be like $2.99 which sounds good to me for a nice app like this
    12-18-09 09:29 AM
    first of all - love the app, it took the spot of meterberry as my left conv key! one thing I wanted to point out - there is a significant lag (~4-5 seconds) on the Storm2 when switching between portrait and landscape. not a big deal for me cuz I mainly use portrait, but sometimes I use the landscape full keyboard to input a more obscure search term.

just thought I'd throw it out there since I didn't see anyone else comment on it. I'm running .320 on a 9550, btw.

rockin app though!
    Last edited by zosojr; 12-18-09 at 09:57 AM.
    12-18-09 09:50 AM
    Love the app as well. A question related to the custom search engine...how does one determine the search string for a given web site?
    12-18-09 10:47 AM
    New update:

Fixed: Custom search wouldnt hide even if unchecked
    Added: BerryReview as site
    Changed: Blue Highlight around search icon

I am aware of the lag when switching portrait/landscape on the Storm, its on my list, but not a high priority as it still works

I also still have to look into the shortcut me re-draw.

As it stands now this will be the features SearchIt is released with, over the weekend I will fix any bugs that pop up and then release it officially on Monday.

I will be adding addition features after that, but Id like to get something official released.
    12-18-09 11:30 AM
    Love the app as well. A question related to the custom search engine...how does one determine the search string for a given web site?
    Im just putting some documentation together right now and that will be included.
    12-18-09 11:37 AM
    Im just putting some documentation together right now and that will be included.
    Ah...very good! Much appreciated. This thing just keeps getting better!
    12-18-09 11:41 AM
278 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD