My newest app is almost complete so I figured it’s time to open it up to public beta testing. The idea behind search it is simple, a pop up window which allows you to type in your search term and choose from a list of different sites to search on and then launch the search in your BB browser.
    Features:

• Switch search site easily from the main screen by pressing the menu (BB) button
    • Option to select default search
    • Now with BOLT and Opera Mini 5 support!
    • Suggestions pop up live as you type.
    • Recent searches are saved and can be accessed by one click.

UPDATE: FEB 4
    Version 1.67
    http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/SearchIt.jad NON-TOUCH DEVICES
    http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/Storm/SearchIt.jad STORM ONLY

Code improvements, speed improvements

UPDATE: FEB 1
    Version 1.64

Small tweaks and couple UI changes.

UPDATE: JANUARY 29
    Version 1.62

Added: Skins, 31 colours to choose from, with 7 different gradient patterns that can be applied to each one, giving over 200 unique possibilies
    Added: Custom background image. Set any jpg/png/tif/gif as the background instead of a colour/gradient.
    Added: Searchbar and search button now slightly translucent to match colour of background.
    Change: Site management moved to own screen to clear up space on options screen.

Ive posted a few backgrounds here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showpos...&postcount=248

-----------------------------------
    UPDATE: JANUARY 27 **

Version 1.54
    Added: More shortcut keys for non-touch devices
    Added: Ability to change background colour to better match your theme
    Fix: Speed improvements, most notably the options screen
    Fix: UI improvements for Storm build

UPDATE: JANUARY 25 **
    Storm specific version released v1.48

Improves touch capability, I do not have a Storm just yet, but am working on getting my hands on one, so as much feedback as possible is appreciated

UPDATE: JANUARY 22 **
    Version: 1.46

Added: Shortcut cut (dial from homescreen must be off) key. Under options you are able to select which key (from available keys) you want to use
    Added: Google Maps, BlackBerrySync and Pocket Doctor websites.

Sites currently in SearchIt:

• Google
    • Bing
    • Yahoo
    • AP News
    • Google News
    • CNN
    • Wikipedia
    • Dictionary
    • Thesaurus
    • AllRecipes
    • Google Maps
    • Pocket Doctor
    • imdb
    • Youtube
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Amazon
    • eBay
    • NewEgg
    • flickr
    • GoogleImages
    • CBForums
    • BBForums
    • BerryReview
    • BlackBerry Sync

Usage:
    Clicking “Search Using” will bring you to a list of all the sites you can search or press the menu button to cycle through them. At the bottom of this screen you can find the “Options” where you can set your default site.
    I’m looking for feedback as to whether everything works as it should also any other sites that you think would be handy to have included. And of course anyone who offers legitimate feedback/suggestions will receive a free copy when released

Screenshots:

Last edited by Shao128; 02-04-10 at 11:13 AM.
    12-14-09 04:33 PM
    Nice dl now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 04:39 PM
    After a few min of playing... Everything is running smooth.
    1 suggestion ..... Can the app be added to the system menu ?

12-14-09 04:48 PM
    How about Urban Dictionary, for the not-so-urban among us. Not me, of course. Seriously, working great on my sorry BB. Love it.
    12-14-09 04:48 PM
    Downloaded pretty handy app.Good job!!!!

Question?? Can you make it so if you search crackberry that it goes with the mobile version instead of the other Also can you make it so you have a choice of which browser to use with the search.The blackberry browser is just sloooooooow. Thanks

Last edited by skeeterman; 12-14-09 at 04:55 PM.
    12-14-09 04:51 PM
    Very nice app. I set it as my left convenience key.
    12-14-09 05:16 PM
    How about Urban Dictionary, for the not-so-urban among us. Not me, of course. Seriously, working great on my sorry BB. Love it.
    Thanks. I'll see about adding that site.
    12-14-09 05:30 PM
    Downloaded pretty handy app.Good job!!!!

Question?? Can you make it so if you search crackberry that it goes with the mobile version instead of the other Also can you make it so you have a choice of which browser to use with the search.The blackberry browser is just sloooooooow. Thanks
    It should be directing to the mobile site, if you have visited the mobile site on your BB before (cookies). Is it still going to the full site?

Also just another note there are other sites I did want to add in like WebMD, but their site is just not mobile friendly at all.
    12-14-09 05:31 PM
    Just installed, when I attempt to launch via Shortcutme, the box does not appear unless I hit a key or stroke the trackpad on my 9700. It looks like it is a screen re-draw issue.

I did not reboot after install, as is my custom, I will report back once I have to let you know.
    12-14-09 05:37 PM
    I have been waiting for this type of all. Good job. I wanted to use for Amazon but it directs me to the full size (not mobile). I would like for quick price checking purpose
    12-14-09 05:51 PM
    DL now ... thanks much needed app
    12-14-09 05:54 PM
    It should be directing to the mobile site, if you have visited the mobile site on your BB before (cookies). Is it still going to the full site?
    Its still not going to the mobile site.

Last edited by skeeterman; 12-14-09 at 06:11 PM.
    12-14-09 06:06 PM
    I have been waiting for this type of all. Good job. I wanted to use for Amazon but it directs me to the full size (not mobile). I would like for quick price checking purpose
    I'll have this fixed in the next build.
    12-14-09 06:08 PM
    I'll have this fixed in the next build.
    Thanks! Still very usefull... Amazon, eBay - last minute holiday shopping! Sorry, what is wrong with my typing today....
    12-14-09 06:15 PM
    looks good shao. downloading now and will be back
    12-14-09 06:20 PM
    This is glorious! It's such an annoyance to have to start the browser, hit Stop, then Go To for a quick search. This app should go far.

I like the "size" of the app. That is, it's clear and legible, easy for older eyes to read.

Would it be possible to include shortcut keys, that is, if you highlight "Search using" and then press, for instance, "b" for Bing it would bring up that search engine? Just another way perhaps of making it even faster for those of use with keypads.

By the way, using a Bold 9000 running 5.0.0.411. Seems to work just fine.
    12-14-09 06:24 PM
    first thing i noticed is that there is some lag going from portrait to landscape mode and vice versa. also can you make the options in the menu a little bigger because it is a little hard to click on my storm 2
    12-14-09 06:29 PM
    also can you add an option just for google images?
    12-14-09 06:33 PM
    Very nice app! Simple and quick

12-14-09 06:42 PM
    This is cool but it would be cooler if it went to myspace mobile and Facebook mobile and twitter

12-14-09 07:01 PM
    all sites are working nicely and bringing me to the mobile site except for amazon and imdb
    12-14-09 07:08 PM
    I have been using this on my 8350i and everything seems to be working ok. It's a cool app.
    I have been launching it from QuickLaunch with no problems. Being a sports nut is there any
    way to incorporate scores? Just a thought. Thanks for the opportunity to try your app.

P.S. I have tried all of the search engines and have not run across any
    glitches as of yet.
    Last edited by newman99; 12-14-09 at 07:52 PM.
    12-14-09 07:34 PM
    This is cool but it would be cooler if it went to myspace mobile and Facebook mobile and twitter

Posted from my CrackBerry at
    wapforums.crackberry.com
    That would be awesome

12-14-09 07:40 PM
    Very nice, super fast!
    12-14-09 07:45 PM
    Looks awesome.....thanks!
    12-14-09 07:59 PM
278 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD