-Skins - 31 colours to choose from, with 7 different gradient patterns that can be applied to each one, giving over 200 unique possibilies. Or set any jpg/png/tif/gif as the background instead of a colour/gradient.
    -Shortcut keys for non-touch devices (dial from homescreen must be off)
    -Speed improvements
    -New sites added

There is a now a Storm specific version available which is more touch friendly.

The upgrade is free for existing users.

More info here and on sale for $2.49

SearchIt - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    02-17-10 08:24 AM
    Downloading the update now. Curious to see what storm improvements there are since I really had no problems with the last build. For anyone who doesnt have this app, it may be my most used app and i barely use the browser icons anymore. Well worth the little money it costs.
    02-17-10 09:29 AM
    Downloaded the update in the CB store yesterday. So far everything has been smooth. I'm even using the SearchIt theme along with it. Excellent app!!
    02-17-10 09:54 AM
    Great update, thx!
    02-17-10 10:40 AM
    Thanks for the update. Is there any way to set a shortcut to a key that is already being used by the OS? For example, i would like to set the shortcut key to be "S", however the OS has already assigned it to regular Search. Anyway to get around this?

Thanks!
    02-17-10 12:18 PM
    Thanks for the update. Is there any way to set a shortcut to a key that is already being used by the OS? For example, i would like to set the shortcut key to be "S", however the OS has already assigned it to regular Search. Anyway to get around this?
    From my tests it should over-ride the default OS option. But it may be OS dependent. I just assigned S to SearchIt on my 9700 running 5.0.0.442 and it worked.
    02-17-10 12:22 PM
    From my tests it should over-ride the default OS option. But it may be OS dependent. I just assigned S to SearchIt on my 9700 running 5.0.0.442 and it worked.
    I see. I'm running 5.0.0.419 and it won't work. But if i assign an unused key such as "Q" then it works. Guess i have to wait till my next OS update
    02-17-10 12:26 PM
    I've been using this since the first beta and it just keeps getting better. Thanks for your hard work on this!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-17-10 01:15 PM
    Hi Shao,

I'm having an issue with the homescreen shortcut. Once in a while the homescreen shortcut for SearchIt stops working. If i hover over the SearchIt icon i won't see the shortcut key in parenthesis. For example if the shortcut is set to "Q", i should see "SearchIt (Q)". However when it stops working i see just "SearchIt". If i open up SearchIt through the icon, then it seems to reset and the shortcut key starts to work again for a while (and the icon text now displays (SearchIt (Q) ).

Hope my explanation was clear. Any idea what could be going on? I'm running 5.0.0.419 on a Tour.
    Thanks.
    03-12-10 03:32 PM
    Hi Shao,

I'm having an issue with the homescreen shortcut. Once in a while the homescreen shortcut for SearchIt stops working. If i hover over the SearchIt icon i won't see the shortcut key in parenthesis. For example if the shortcut is set to "Q", i should see "SearchIt (Q)". However when it stops working i see just "SearchIt". If i open up SearchIt through the icon, then it seems to reset and the shortcut key starts to work again for a while (and the icon text now displays (SearchIt (Q) ).

Hope my explanation was clear. Any idea what could be going on? I'm running 5.0.0.419 on a Tour.
    Thanks.
    Does it happen after you switch themes? There is a known "issue" within the BB OS that causes this.
    03-12-10 03:53 PM
    Does it happen after you switch themes? There is a known "issue" within the BB OS that causes this.
    Actually I'm not sure since i do switch themes around often. Let me look into it and report back. Thanks for the heads up.
    03-12-10 04:04 PM
    Ran into an issue with Bolt 2.0 / bblauncher 1.1. When you have selected as your browser, SearchIt tells you that Bolt can't be found. I set the permissions for both to Allow all I could and I still get the same error. Thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-10-10 06:27 PM
    Ran into an issue with Bolt 2.0 / bblauncher 1.1. When you have selected as your browser, SearchIt tells you that Bolt can't be found. I set the permissions for both to Allow all I could and I still get the same error. Thoughts?
    I just found out about it a couple days ago, seems Bolt 2.0 has some issues with it. Im still investigating it.
    04-10-10 06:36 PM
    I just found out about it a couple days ago, seems Bolt 2.0 has some issues with it. Im still investigating it.
    Great, thanks for the fast response.

One more question / request: is there a way to pull up your last search?

04-10-10 06:56 PM
    Great, thanks for the fast response.

One more question / request: is there a way to pull up your last search?

Hit enter after you launch SearchIt, it will bring up your last 4 searches.
    04-10-10 07:03 PM
    Awesome. As always, you are the man!
    04-10-10 09:31 PM
    Just got the 1.71 update. Everything looks good. I don't use Bolt, but it has always worked great with Opera Mini 5.

Kep it up Bro...

05-13-10 01:47 PM
    Just got the 1.71 update. Everything looks good. I don't use Bolt, but it has always worked great with Opera Mini 5.

Kep it up Bro...

Thanks Wasnt anything major, the Bolt fix was the main thing, and just some other small fixes.
    05-13-10 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD