I am a psuedo-adventurer but cant leave my storm behind. this thing is my child. sad, but true. regardless, i have been searching for a compass app. i do not need driving directions; i have been directed to previously (vodaphone's gps is called "compass"). i go hiking and bike riding in the wilderness with no map and i need a legit, "old school" compass app. no frills, just show me which direction i am pointed. VZW gps is over priced for the service and i was hoping maybe someone knew of a compass app.
    03-13-09 09:21 PM
    I'd be interested in this as well as sometimes I take motorcycle trips and don't need directions, just to know what way I'm heading
    03-13-09 09:25 PM
    I'm not sure the GPS would be able to tell you that. GPS provides you more of location than a direction. Any directional information you get would require you to be moving (as it has a history of previous points that you were located at).
    03-13-09 09:36 PM
    We decided to do 2 versions of our new Compass for the Storm: a ‘Lite’ version with basic functionality for a low, low price and, in a couple of months, an ‘Enhanced’ version with many more features.
    We released the Compass Lite last week. Here’s the blurb:

This wonderful 'Ancient Mariner' compass uses the built-in GPS in the device to show your line of travel, speed, latitude and longitude and where North is in relation to your heading. To establish a line of travel, you must be moving.

You can see it here.

Available now on our website, through MobiHand.com and Available at the CB Store!

Enjoy!

B
    08-05-09 04:25 PM
    Use an actual compass? Then you can have your storm and the Compass you need :S
    08-05-09 04:31 PM
    lol
    Very true. Bit of a handful but...very true. You could buy an actual compass.
    08-05-09 04:35 PM
    Use GPS Logger... I know it was free, but can't really remember where I got it from. Search for it, and you'll find it.
    08-05-09 04:43 PM
    BerryCacher is one

But o would just buy a compass s it more accurate

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 04:45 PM
    Compass lite is good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 07:11 PM
    Free app BlackStar is accurate and excellent ... but it is GPS/AGPS, there is no internal gyro in the Storm. You must move (really only about 5 yards or so) on foot to establish a directional heading based on GPS locating. You can stand in one place and spin around but you'll only get dizzy, the compass heading won't change.
    08-05-09 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD