Here's something requested by CrackBerry member SCrid2000... only yesterday, wasn't it?

Usually when you have a bunch of loose COD modules or with just an ALX (desktop install) file but no JAD (over-the-air or direct) install package file, you're stuck with breaking out BBSAK or Javaloader on a computer to install those modules to your phone... or else you can manually construct a JAD file.

Shane wanted something to help him build hybrid OS's directly on his phones, without having to use a computer, and here we have it: FishLoader will accept any group of COD files from the media card or internal filesystem, and force-install directly or else create a JAD file and open it to install the ordinary way.

FishLoader can also be used to create bundles of apps, i.e. you can create a one-step reinstall bundle of all the apps you'd want to restore after losing or wiping a phone, to save the time and hassle, no computer needed. Once the package is created, you no longer need a utility to install it -- just open the JAD file from the media card or a network directory, with the COD files in the same directory.

This is NOT an app "ripper", i.e. it does not copy apps or themes off the phone. You have to already have a set of COD files, and then you can bundle them into a one-step install package. If you use App World, you can get the COD's from the App World cache on your media card. If you use other stores, you can get them from the desktop-install version.

It's no big deal, but it's free, and works for me...

FishLoader (for OS 5+) in CrackBerry Store

FishLoader for OS 5+ (direct from LSphone)

Thanks again to SCrid2000 for suggesting this.
    Last edited by LSphone; 09-13-11 at 09:27 PM. Reason: updated links, removed BETA references
    09-09-11 03:29 PM
    Finally, I can create a .jad right on my phone. Been wanting one of these. Will make it soooo much easier for us.
    09-09-11 04:30 PM
    looks to be an excellent tool! Great idea Scrid and thanks for putting it together LSphone

Just a heads up for those that intend to use this for hybriding purposes - .jad's wont let you update/change the core system .cod files, will throw an error upon install (at least this is how it was on OS5/6, and OS7 ain't far off)

Again, great idea/tool!
    SCrid2000 and phone9 like this.
    09-09-11 04:33 PM
    You had me drooling about this just yesterday.....yeah.

Awesome you got it rocked out man! Can't wait to play.
    09-09-11 04:40 PM
    Sweet! Awesome idea!
    09-09-11 04:55 PM
    Thanks man UI seems great, haven't had a chance to mess with it but I'll test it out soon enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 05:10 PM

Just a heads up for those that intend to use this for hybriding purposes - .jad's wont let you update/change the core system .cod files, will throw an error upon install (at least this is how it was on OS5/6, and OS7 ain't far off)
    .. . ohh h h . Doesn't that just land a crow in the bowl of jell-o.

It should not be too difficult to add a direct-install feature skipping the JAD step. Obviously I was flying without reading the checklist here as I know nothing about hybriding. I'll see if I can add COD force-feeding on Monday.

Until then, thanks for the thanks and enjoy the warm weekend while they last...
    lyricidal, SCrid2000 and tryfe like this.
    09-09-11 05:21 PM
    Thanks. Great idea.
    09-09-11 06:51 PM
    OK - I am going to ask a question that is quite likely going to get me slapped somehow, but I simply can not a way to do this, even after searching for the last 30 minutes.

How does one select multiple files on a 9650?

I downloaded FishLoader, but the COD "patch" folder for the OSBB 600.6 is quite large, and I can not find a way to select more than one at a time prior to complling them into the .jad file. Unless, of course, it is a select one at a time prior to compiling them into a .jad file kind of thing.

Thanks for the help, if there is any to offer here.
    09-09-11 10:03 PM
    OK - I am going to ask a question that is quite likely going to get me slapped somehow, but I simply can not a way to do this, even after searching for the last 30 minutes.

I downloaded FishLoader, but the COD "patch" folder for the OSBB 600.6 is quite large, and I can not find a way to select more than one at a time prior to complling them into the .jad file. Unless, of course, it is a select one at a time prior to compiling them into a .jad file kind of thing.

Thanks for the help, if there is any to offer here.
    A jad won't work for system cods. LS is working on a direct injection method
    You're probably not gonna want to use this for a whole hybrid, especially a whole hybrid installer (there's lots of files in there that don't get installed).

09-09-11 10:09 PM
    A jad won't work for system cods. LS is working on a direct injection method
    You're probably not gonna want to use this for a whole hybrid, especially a whole hybrid installer (there's lots of files in there that don't get installed).

Then I better wait for the next revision.

Dang - I *know* just enough to get myself in trouble most of the time...

Thanks SCrid...
    Last edited by Blackfeet; 09-10-11 at 08:48 AM.
    09-09-11 10:21 PM
    One word of caution. Creating and installing your own hybrid is a rather advanced topic and should NOT be attempted by the faint of heart or those who do not know what they are doing. Messing with the cods of your OS can fubar your phone so DON'T do it, unless you know your way around!
    09-09-11 11:03 PM
    I tried to allow multi-select and non-contiguous multi-select in the list, but it didn't work, and I've been reading about other people saying it doesn't work natively.

edit: Multi-select, and Select-All, have been added.
    Last edited by LSphone; 09-13-11 at 09:35 PM. Reason: noted
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    09-10-11 12:06 AM
    One word of caution. Creating and installing your own hybrid is a rather advanced topic and should NOT be attempted by the faint of heart or those who do not know what they are doing. Messing with the cods of your OS can fubar your phone so DON'T do it, unless you know your way around!
    Yea - I think I'll leave Hybrid building to the professionals. Of course, should I "fubar" my device, perhaps I should step up my attempts. If something "happens" to my 9650, the Dept. is getting the 9930's now as replacements. That would be a pretty decent trade.

I tried to allow multi-select and non-contiguous multi-select in the list, but it didn't work, and I've been reading about other people saying it doesn't work natively.

I'll try implementing multi-select myself, with Select-All and Clear-All buttons, and maybe add the ability to use existing JAD's and maybe ALX's as templates to select COD's.
    Thanks. I guess I was attempting to do a little too much to begin with, but the ability to multi-select would be beneficial for those who know what they are doing. Thanks....
    09-10-11 08:52 AM
    Yea - I think I'll leave Hybrid building to the professionals. Of course, should I "fubar" my device, perhaps I should step up my attempts. If something "happens" to my 9650, the Dept. is getting the 9930's now as replacements. That would be a pretty decent trade.

Thanks. I guess I was attempting to do a little too much to begin with, but the ability to multi-select would be beneficial for those who know what they are doing. Thanks....
    You can't cause any permanent damage, but if out and about you can put yourself out of commission till home at a PC. It does take a lot of experience to know what files to mess with, and even the best hybrid builders can get a very disappointing surprise now and again.
    09-10-11 09:36 AM
    Hey great job scrid. Another great tool to be used
    09-10-11 08:32 PM
    Lol, don't thank me, thank LS

09-10-11 08:33 PM
    Link updated to beta-2, with multi-select. It should now be adequate for anything that's not replacing core OS modules.

Force-loader coming soon, hopefully tomorrow.
    SCrid2000 and tryfe like this.
    09-12-11 08:59 PM
    Link updated to beta-2, with multi-select. It should now be adequate for anything that's not replacing core OS modules.

Force-loader coming soon
    That's what she said.

hopefully tomorrow.
    Eh, maybe not.

Awesome work LS
    09-12-11 09:05 PM

Force-loader coming soon, hopefully tomorrow.
    Awesome man! Looking forward to it!

That's what she said.

Eh, maybe not.

Awesome work LS
    Lol hey Ed, when this is done it's gonna be a CrackBerry front page right?

09-12-11 09:11 PM
    The force-loader is taking longer than expected because I've had all my fingers crossed hoping it will work, and it's hard to type.

After reading the API's there is some doubt that it will work, but we'll see... working on it right now. It will need plenty of free application memory, because the replacement OS will have to be installed while the existing one is still there, then the old one would be deleted during the reset.

Like I said, fingers crossed.
    09-12-11 09:25 PM
    Awesome man! Looking forward to it!

Lol hey Ed, when this is done it's gonna be a CrackBerry front page right?

Oh, I think that could be arranged.
    09-12-11 09:30 PM
    LS, just spent some time testing out the latest beta - the multiselect is working perfectly, and I chuckled at "fishtank cleared"
    Haven't run into any issues yet, everything is working swimingly.

09-13-11 10:12 AM
    Thanks, I just got the force-loader working here for regular apps. Haven't tested it yet on an OS. Would you like to? Maybe that's treating you like a guinea pig but I don't even have any OS's lying around to try installing.

Link has been updated to beta-3.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    09-13-11 11:09 AM
    Good news
    I put three cods I knew were swappable (net_rim_bb_crypto_resource.cod, net_rim_bb_crypto_resource__en.cod, and net_rim_bb_gps_ee.cod) from .587 onto my microsd card, and overwrote the newer hybrid files I had installed. The crypto files immediately showed .587 instead of the newer hybrid files after force loading with FishLoader, and the gps file showed as 587 after a reboot.
    I scrolled through the applications list in options after performing the force load and reboot, and all was as it should be.
    I would say that FishLoader is a success for installing any hybrid that doesn't require a sfi update and possibly a net_rim_cldc update (which I don't think would be possible via an app, and aren't possible via BBSAK or any similar PC program at any rate).
    I'm about to restore those three files to the hybrid version, I expect it will be as flawless updating as it was downgrading (I'll post if it's not, if I don't post it was flawless).
    Very freakin cool.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 09-13-11 at 12:44 PM.
    phone9 likes this.
    09-13-11 12:41 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD