Hello again CB Community! I created this thread to have a place for people to give and receive tips, feedback, support and generally discuss any aspect of our new BlackBerry app called Screen Muncher. As with the Color ID thread, I would like to keep this discussion on the topic of Screen Muncher. I would like to thank everyone in advance who has downloaded Screen Muncher; we appreciate your support! We hope you have found the application useful and we would love to hear your feedback! For those of you that are unfamiliar with Screen Muncher, keep reading and I will do my best to inform you what Screen Muncher is and how it helps you get the most out of your BlackBerry.

Screen Muncher is a funny, cute and useful application that captures, or "Munches" your BlackBerry display. With the click of a button, the app Munches your screen and then offers you a few different options for your newly created image. You can email the Munch, upload it to Twitter or save it for later. We've come up with a few different ways to use Screen Muncher to give you an idea of what you can do:

-Munch a map or directions to follow
    -Munch you calendar to share appointments with friends/co workers
    -Munch a BlackBerry Messenger conversation
    -Munch a game level or high score you've achieved for bragging rights
    -Munch your BB desktop wallpaper or theme to show off
    -Munch your favorite Facebook, Twitter etc. posts, status updates or pics
    -Munch funny or stupid late-night messages to share with friends
    -Munch auction and classified pages like ebay, craigslist or kijiji

Those are just a few of the obvious uses for the app. I'm sure you will find other ways to use Screen Muncher too. Screen Muncher works on any BlackBerry device running OS 4.6 or later.

We find assigning Screen Muncher a convenience key works the best. You can quickly and easily Munch the screen with one button.

As you may have noticed, we offer two different versions of this application. One of them is free and the other is a hefty 99c (i know, it's such a ripoff ). There are a few differences between them which I will outline below.

The 99c version of Screen Muncher has the following options:
    -Share screen Munches easily on Twitter via TwitPic
    -10 new selectable colors for Screen Muncher
    -7 new sounds with previews for Screen Muncher
    -Munching sound can be turned on & off
    -Screen Muncher watermark can be removed from Munched screens

The free version of Screen Muncher lacks all those features except for the ability to share the Munches on Twitter via TwitPic. The core functionality of the app remains the same. If you don't like the watermark, you can upgrade to the paid version for less than the price of candy bar, cup of coffee or Lil' Wayne song.

Screen Muncher is available at many online retailers including, but not limited to: BlackBerry App World, CrackBerry App Store, Getjar, Mobango, Pocket Gear and our own bbNATION store. If you cannot download a copy of Screen Muncher Free, don't hesitate to pm me or post in the thread and I will send you a copy!

Download Screen Muncher Free on BlackBerry App World
    Purchase Screen Muncher on BlackBerry App World
    Download Screen Muncher Free in the CrackBerry Store
    Purchase Screen Muncher in the CrackBerry Store

Screen Muncher Support

Here's a quick promo video of Screen Muncher on

If you have any questions or need me to clarify anything, let me know! I'm always keen to hear your feedback and comments!

Happy Munching!

nige
    Last edited by motekmobile; 10-01-10 at 07:31 PM.
    10-01-10 07:27 PM
    I love this application!
    10-01-10 07:29 PM
    what devices is this app for?
    10-01-10 08:36 PM
    The updated version is lovely and useful.
    10-01-10 11:30 PM
    I'm glad you guys like it! If you are running an older version of the app, I urge you to update it to v2.0. My sentiments echo those of hkwon.

what devices is this app for?
    It works fine with any blackberry that is factory pre-loaded with OS 4.6 or later. That being said, we've never tried running the app on a device such as 81xx, 83xx or 88xx series with updated OS versions. If you have updated your OS to 4.6, I can send you the free version of Screen Muncher to see if it works. When we design an app, we stick to the factory released OS versions so we know for sure it will work right out of the box.

nige
    10-02-10 11:27 AM
    can you post screenies to cb forums with screen muncher?thanx
    10-29-10 10:15 AM
    Hey haymond, I think you have to host the image at a photo-sharing site and then paste the URL of the image in between the [img][/img] code to make it appear on message boards.

nige
    11-01-10 01:26 PM
    I wanna try this out when I get home from work
    11-01-10 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD